nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100)

Which diet is best?

For a guy who is 180lbs and wants to loose just fat and keep strength/muscle;

MEAL1; whey in water, 3 weetabix in skimmed milk
    goto the gym.
    MEAL2; whey in water, 1 sweet potato
    MEAL3; some sort of fatty fish, mackeral etc
    MEAL4; chicken salad and 1 turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread
    go kickboxing
    MEAL5; whey in water straight after training
    MEAL6; chicken salad straight before bed

1; black tea/cofee 1/2 grapefruit, slice wholemeal bread + beans
    goto the gym
    2; whey in water
    3; 4oz tuna + 1 slice toast, black cofee
    4; shake
    5; 2 slices chicken, 4oz of green bean, 4oz beetrott, apple, 4 tblpoons of vanilla ice cream
    goto kickboxing
    6; 1 weetabix with water

Which of these two diets would you say would be optimal?

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Neither is optimal. The first plan is better than the second but needs tweaking (and some veggies!).

Registered User johnnyironboard's Avatar
    johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) johnnyironboard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100) nForce is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by dbflgirl
    Neither is optimal. The first plan is better than the second but needs tweaking (and some veggies!).
    Whats wrong with the first one, i.e. can you correct each meal?

ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChocoChick is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meal 1 - Add a healthy fat here.

Meal 2 - Replace the potato with a higher GI carb source

Meal 3 - Add some veggies, preferably green ones

Meal 4 - Add some veggies. Is the chicken salad home-made, i.e., from baked chicken breast? What is it dressed with? And is the turkey from a roasted turkey breast or is it lunch/deli meat? You want your food to be as minimally processed as possible.

Meal 5 - Add the potato from meal 2 here (I actually like meal 5 from your second plan, minus the ice cream, quite a bit). I am confused b/c in plan 1 it looks as though meal 5 is post workout but in plan two it appears to be pre-workout. Is this a typo?

Meal 6 - Ok as is (same comments as above wrt chicken salad) but you might want to consider adding some cottage cheese and nuts (or pb)

This is all very generic as I do not know what this all comes to in terms of calories and macros nor exactly when you are working out (see my comment above in meal 5). Overall, you don't have enough veggies nor enough healthy fats here (and the fat is essential for hormone production, including test so you really don't want to skimp on it).

Have you been to fitday.com? It's a bit cumbersome at first but you can enter your meals and get all sorts of information about your calories and macros.

Meal 1 - Add a healthy fat here.

Meal 2 - Replace the potato with a higher GI carb source

Meal 3 - Add some veggies, preferably green ones

Meal 4 - Add some veggies. Is the chicken salad home-made, i.e., from baked chicken breast? What is it dressed with? And is the turkey from a roasted turkey breast or is it lunch/deli meat? You want your food to be as minimally processed as possible.

Meal 5 - Add the potato from meal 2 here (I actually like meal 5 from your second plan, minus the ice cream, quite a bit). I am confused b/c in plan 1 it looks as though meal 5 is post workout but in plan two it appears to be pre-workout. Is this a typo?

Meal 6 - Ok as is (same comments as above wrt chicken salad) but you might want to consider adding some cottage cheese and nuts (or pb)

This is all very generic as I do not know what this all comes to in terms of calories and macros nor exactly when you are working out (see my comment above in meal 5). Overall, you don't have enough veggies nor enough healthy fats here (and the fat is essential for hormone production, including test so you really don't want to skimp on it).

Have you been to fitday.com? It's a bit cumbersome at first but you can enter your meals and get all sorts of information about your calories and macros.
    1) I have been told of alot of nutritionalist to make meals either pro/carb or pro/fat never fat/carb, plus never seen fats as meal 1.

2) why would I want a higher GI? isn't the lower the better?

3) ok agreed could do with some veg

4) the chicken is cooked on the foreman, and dressed with some salad, cucumber, lettuce, tomatoes, all home made, turkey is from deli.

5) its not practical PWO to eat a potato, maybe PPWO

6) ok

bump

1. There is nothing wrong with (and in fact lots right with) pro+carb+fat in one meal. The fat slows digestion a bit, which is fine pre-workout as you want your meal to carry you through your workout.

2. Lower GI is better at all times except pwo, when you want the higher GI tohelp boost insulin and in so doing, speed the transport of nutrients to your muscles.

3. Ok

4. Deli turkey is usually loaded with sodium and often other stuff, too. You might want to take a look at the ingredients.

5. Then have meal 5 from plan 2 (minus the ice cream)

6. Ok!

Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackbklyn01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1. There is nothing wrong with (and in fact lots right with) pro+carb+fat in one meal. The fat slows digestion a bit, which is fine pre-workout as you want your meal to carry you through your workout.

2. Lower GI is better at all times except pwo, when you want the higher GI tohelp boost insulin and in so doing, speed the transport of nutrients to your muscles.

3. Ok

4. Deli turkey is usually loaded with sodium and often other stuff, too. You might want to take a look at the ingredients.

5. Then have meal 5 from plan 2 (minus the ice cream)

6. Ok!
    agreed, good advice, i'd rep you again but i gotta spread that stuff around some more first