perceiveWG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trying to transform my body, but I have no idea what I'm doing.

I can benchpress an Xbox controller, probably. But seriously, I don't know **** about lifting weights, etc. I'm 17, 5'10, 190 lbs. And almost none of that is muscle. I've got a pretty large frame, broad shoulders, etc...all of my uncles and relatives are pretty much ripped. I've got the genetics, I just don't have the knowledge. Never really lifted weights before. One time I did P90x with some friends, and I ****ing failed. I did everything with like 10 lb barbels, and my form was horrible. I looked on the screen and there was some girl doing everything with like 25. I mean, ****. I'd like to be in good shape so I can be on top game during sports. Thing is, you don't lift weights for basketball and soccer during school. And not only that, I need to lay the pipe...for real though, some extra confidence wouldn't hurt.

Would cutting out soda and **** life that suffice, or do I need a diet plan to drop fat? I also need a workout plan or something. I have basketball practice everyday but Saturday and Sunday. It's not too overwhelming, but it does consume time. So basically, where do I start? Drop weight, then start lifting or what? I need a workout routine or something...I'm sure you have to answer these questions a lot and I could probably look around more, but just spare me if you don't mind.

rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rachaelf321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you have a lot of fat, i would say drop the fat first and then bulk, and cut. Its a long process to get ripped esp. if you're already a little over weight (not trying to be rude, just helpful).
    Honestly this website has everything you need to know, you just gotta look around but im going to summarize it for you anyway (although you should still look through a lot of the articles here and not totally take my word for it.)
    first you gotta cut.
    cutting is eating at least 500 cals below our maintenence, you can just google a cal maintence calculator and -500 from that. (or -1000 depending on how much your cal maintenence is) You pretty much should be eating for the weight you want to have, not the weight you are at now. While cutting you should still lift, but cardio should be your main goal. like i said though, its all just really the amount of calories your consuming, cardio just helps burn those calories faster. Dont starve yourself though, that wont work in your favor because your body will slow down and you wont burn fat as efficiently. Obvs. drop the soda, try to eat healthier, like chicken, tuna, brown rice, protein supps, veggies, etc. dont kill yourself too much on the healthy eating though, around 90% of your diet should be healthy though just to make sure your getting all of your necessary nutrients.

cliffs:
    eat less
    lift
    do cardio.

perceiveWG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rachaelf321 View Post
    if you have a lot of fat, i would say drop the fat first and then bulk, and cut. Its a long process to get ripped esp. if you're already a little over weight (not trying to be rude, just helpful).
    Honestly this website has everything you need to know, you just gotta look around but im going to summarize it for you anyway (although you should still look through a lot of the articles here and not totally take my word for it.)
    first you gotta cut.
    cutting is eating at least 500 cals below our maintenence, you can just google a cal maintence calculator and -500 from that. (or -1000 depending on how much your cal maintenence is) You pretty much should be eating for the weight you want to have, not the weight you are at now. While cutting you should still lift, but cardio should be your main goal. like i said though, its all just really the amount of calories your consuming, cardio just helps burn those calories faster. Dont starve yourself though, that wont work in your favor because your body will slow down and you wont burn fat as efficiently. Obvs. drop the soda, try to eat healthier, like chicken, tuna, brown rice, protein supps, veggies, etc. dont kill yourself too much on the healthy eating though, around 90% of your diet should be healthy though just to make sure your getting all of your necessary nutrients.

cliffs:
    eat less
    lift
    do cardio.
    Yeah, I know I'm over weight, lol. It's good. But anyway, where do I start with the lifting? I don't really have a lot of time to go to the gym atm, since I live in the boonies and the nearest YMCA is like 45 minutes away. I've got a big bedroom though, lol.