Traverz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One arm stronger than the other

If one arm is stronger than the other when I do d-bell curls, should I do less reps with my strong arm to let the weak arm catch up? When I do that I don't feel like I get a good workout with my dominent arm. Or, should I just work both arms to failure at the risk of always having one arm much stronger...

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Traverz
    If one arm is stronger than the other when I do d-bell curls, should I do less reps with my strong arm to let the weak arm catch up? When I do that I don't feel like I get a good workout with my dominent arm. Or, should I just work both arms to failure at the risk of always having one arm much stronger...
    If you keep doing BB curls, the weak arm will catch up
    I don't know either lol

Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Senate156 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    do db curls with your strong arm first then just match that number with your strong arm - even if it feels like nothing - otherwise the problem is just going to remain the same. Barbell curls will help too, but it will take a lot longer and it's a lot easier to cheat with them (use one arm a lot more)
    If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo.
    - Bruce Lee

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    same weight/reps/sets...cut the stronger side down until the weaker can catch up
    <->

You're a tiger, ARRRRGH! GarethCheeseman's Avatar
    GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50) GarethCheeseman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No, do the same reps with the same quality of form. The mistake some people make with lagging body parts is that they may lead with the week arm, and do say 8 reps, but the last few may not be great form. Then they do 8 reps with their strong arm, which finds them easier and so they use better form so they continue to lag even though they do the same weight/same reps

Don't work to failure.
    "Yeah, and I'm a Dutchman"

nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nb8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    this is the right way to do it (senate156) . he ment to say do the weaker arm first then match ur reps with stronger arm