sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sloshy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

compound or isolation exercises for strengthening bis and tris

hey, what do people think is better for strengthening your bis and tris. I'm not really concerned about mass just overall upper body strength.

Here's my upper body strength workout (all reps ranges 4-6)
    1. bench press- 4 sets
    2. dips- 3 sets
    3. pullups- 4 sets
    4. t bar row- 3 sets
    5. military press- 3 sets

I was thinking of maybe dropping the sets on some exercises and adding exercises that would be more beneficial for adding strength to my arms. I know my arms are being hit indirectly in all exercises but i really want to focus on arm strength. What do you think would be better to add compound or iso exercises?

I was thinking of just adding floor presses for tris and close chins for bis. (Both compound exercises) What do you think? Please give me some ideas. All help greatly appreciated.
    Second place is the first loser.

aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000) aqua-beowulf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sloshy
    hey, what do people think is better for strengthening your bis and tris. I'm not really concerned about mass just overall upper body strength.

Here's my upper body strength workout (all reps ranges 4-6)
    1. bench press- 4 sets
    2. dips- 3 sets
    3. pullups- 4 sets
    4. t bar row- 3 sets
    5. military press- 3 sets

I was thinking of maybe dropping the sets on some exercises and adding exercises that would be more beneficial for adding strength to my arms. I know my arms are being hit indirectly in all exercises but i really want to focus on arm strength. What do you think would be better to add compound or iso exercises?

I was thinking of just adding floor presses for tris and close chins for bis. (Both compound exercises) What do you think? Please give me some ideas. All help greatly appreciated.
    This is just my opinion, but if your main focus is strength, and you're not too concerned with arm development, then what you're doing will suffice. If you feel the need to add something... yes, close grip chins are great for bis, and I'd do close grip bench for tris... but that's just me. And make sure you're doing those pullups and dips weighted and your arm strength will come along just fine