gigem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need help fast! I'm losing too much weight

Im 17 years old and am a senior in High School. I play football and at the start of the season (august) I was 6'2 208lbs with very little body fat on me (probaly 10% or so). I've never had this problem in the past during the football season. When I was younger (soph and junior year) I'd actually put weight on during the season. However this year I've been losing weight, and strength. I'm now down to barely 200lbs. I've also been putting on fat. I used to have a six pack in August, now it's more of a 4 pack. So basically I'm losing muscle and gaining fat. I dont drink, and I eat healthy. I'm still lifting a lot, but not as much as I did in the off season. Should I be trying to eat more food, or less food? Should I try to get on any supplements?

wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gigem
    Im 17 years old and am a senior in High School. I play football and at the start of the season (august) I was 6'2 208lbs with very little body fat on me (probaly 10% or so). I've never had this problem in the past during the football season. When I was younger (soph and junior year) I'd actually put weight on during the season. However this year I've been losing weight, and strength. I'm now down to barely 200lbs. I've also been putting on fat. I used to have a six pack in August, now it's more of a 4 pack. So basically I'm losing muscle and gaining fat. I dont drink, and I eat healthy. I'm still lifting a lot, but not as much as I did in the off season. Should I be trying to eat more food, or less food? Should I try to get on any supplements?
    list youre diet and training regime mate...
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    yea, post more info.

also, if you reduce daily activty and your caloric intake reamins constant, then you might start gaining weight. not sure why you would be losing strength though....hmm?
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

gigem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

diet and workout regime

workout regime:
    on Mondays/Wednesday/Saturday I do all the core lifts with my football team. We do 3x8 bench, incline, squat, power clean.

During the week I am able to get up to another weight room near my house, and train each muscle group once a week. I do this plus the core lifts that we do with football after practice. So during the week every muscle group is thorougly trained at least once. Also all the core lifts are performed three times.

DIET:

for breakfast I eat two packets of oatmeal, and orange juice. i usually eat a sandwhich mid way through the morning. For lunch I eat another sandwhich, two bags of fruit, bag of chips, and drink a bottle of water. After practice I eat whatever my mother made for dinner. But I make sure that I eat a lot of dinner. Before bed I'll eat either more oatmeal, some leftover dinner, or have a protein shake.

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gigem
    workout regime:
    on Mondays/Wednesday/Saturday I do all the core lifts with my football team. We do 3x8 bench, incline, squat, power clean.

During the week I am able to get up to another weight room near my house, and train each muscle group once a week. I do this plus the core lifts that we do with football after practice. So during the week every muscle group is thorougly trained at least once. Also all the core lifts are performed three times.

DIET:

for breakfast I eat two packets of oatmeal, and orange juice. i usually eat a sandwhich mid way through the morning. For lunch I eat another sandwhich, two bags of fruit, bag of chips, and drink a bottle of water. After practice I eat whatever my mother made for dinner. But I make sure that I eat a lot of dinner. Before bed I'll eat either more oatmeal, some leftover dinner, or have a protein shake.
    IMO there is no need to do additonal lifting on your own. Stick with doing the core lifts with the team. Doing the core lifts is all you need to build strength and size. You are actaully hurting your gains by lifting more on your own.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10) wild_stato is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by RipStone
    IMO there is no need to do additonal lifting on your own. Stick with doing the core lifts with the team. Doing the core lifts is all you need to build strength and size. You are actaully hurting your gains by lifting more on your own.
    yeah lifting seems ok..
    your diet could do with some more work...
    and dont forget to drink i ****load of water...

FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FunkLord is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Seems like you probbably get enough protein for an average person, however you are a big guy who lifts weights and plays football. I'd try to get more protein during the day. Maybe have eggs or lean bacon in the morning, have your shake sometime between lunch and dinner, and then have cottage cheese before bed. What kind of pre/post workout nutrition are you getting? And when you say "sandwich" that can be any number of things. Grilled turkey/chicken on whole wheat bread is a lot better than a PBJ sandwich.

Originally Posted by wild_stato
    yeah lifting seems ok..
    your diet could do with some more work...
    and dont forget to drink i ****load of water...
    I agree that the diet needs some work as well. But IMO there is no point in lifting so much. The OP has to remember that ones muscles grow and recover when one is resting. He complained that he is losing strength and I believe that he is training too much and nt allowing his muscles to recover, thus overtraing. THis, with a combonation of not having a good diet is causing his problems.
    My Training Journal...

Check out...

Originally Posted by RipStone
    I agree that the diet needs some work as well. But IMO there is no point in lifting so much. The OP has to remember that ones muscles grow and recover when one is resting. He complained that he is losing strength and I believe that he is training too much and nt allowing his muscles to recover, thus overtraing. THis, with a combonation of not having a good diet is causing his problems.
    i agree
    so i wonder how much sleep you are getting a night then???
    and perhaps you are dehydrated? has your h2o intake dropped lately?