vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vietdunker has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Expired Protein Bars. Are they still good?

Are the protein bars still good after they expired?

If so how long can they preserve at least the amount of protein promised on each bar?

How long from the expiration date would make protein bars BAD or less nutritious?

erock85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ya thats a good question! ive wondered that too getting protein bars off ebay cheap expired. my friend said that protien doesnt go bad...but i dont know his credentials.

SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would think expired bars are less likely to remain good than expired protein powder.

I've taken a tub of expired protein powder (for about 1-2months) and it was fine.

Do note that the foil wrapping of the bars provide less protection than sealed containers of protein powder.

Depending on how the bars were stored (not moved around much), I would think they'd be fine if there are no visible tears or holes on them and the safety seal or any vaccuum packaging are all intact.

But if you see a "deflated" or a package with many fold lines and etc. I would junk it.

SaucedMatsui has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good question..I work at GNC and all of the Close Dated products go on sale like 90percent off...I buy them....and they seem to work

sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sothrowedmex is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    good question. also what about the RTD proteins? I would purchase them for like 50cents each for expired ones. Some were a month old to 2 or or 4 and others were as much as a year old. I didnt really notice the year old ones though just grabbed them. Are they still good? These are in cans 11 oz's
    IG: @Gains_Marathon

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vietdunker
    Are the protein bars still good after they expired?

If so how long can they preserve at least the amount of protein promised on each bar?

How long from the expiration date would make protein bars BAD or less nutritious?
    From PowerBar's site... (http://www.powerbar.com/Products/Pro...3028ED9910A3#1)

How long will my POWERBAR® PROTEINPLUS™ bars last?
    Each POWERBAR® PROTEINPLUS™ bar is stamped with a “best by” date. Although it is safe to eat POWERBAR® PROTEINPLUS™ bar after this date, we recommend that you use POWERBAR® PROTEINPLUS™ bar by the “best by” date to ensure you're getting the full nutritional benefits of the product.