Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

2 Hours of Cardio a day Safe/Healthy?

There's a profile I found on this board that a women did cardio for at least 2, and I mean TWO 60 minute workouts a day 6 days a week...so like 120 min of cardio a day and she lifted weights also. She kept her calories to 1200-1500....isn't that considered unhealthy? She looks great (especially for just having a baby) but is that what it will take to "Burn" the blubber?

jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jesska0000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Interesting... I was wondering the same thing... What is the right amount of time to workout??

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ever84 View Post
    There's a profile I found on this board that a women did cardio for at least 2, and I mean TWO 60 minute workouts a day 6 days a week...so like 120 min of cardio a day and she lifted weights also. She kept her calories to 1200-1500....isn't that considered unhealthy? She looks great (especially for just having a baby) but is that what it will take to "Burn" the blubber?
    People who train for distance sports train that much, but generally keep their calories higher. I'd say eventually, that kind of training with so few calories will take it's toll on your health, without some breaks of more calories and less training in there. The phrase, "running yourself into the ground," comes to mind.

I don't do cardio on a regular basis, and while I may not have ever been the leanest person in the world, I don't consider myself blubbery when I'm lean. So, no...2 hours of cardio on 1,200 calories/per day isn't what it takes to "lose the blubber." Consistency and patience are important, though.

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It could also depend on the type of cardio. I've got one of those metabolisms that need a huge amount of work to shift bodyfat (but if we have another ice-age, I'll thrive on a handful of nuts a day, while the rest of you are fading to nothing without mega calories). I can easily walk at 4-5mph for 2 hours a day without any effect on weight or much difference in appetite. I've got to get on my bike and really sweat to see a difference.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

carol68134 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you know what kind of cardio she is doing? There is a big difference in calorie burning between some kinds of cardio, for example you would burn a lot more running than walking, I could easily walk for 2 hours a day (and have in the past) but if I tried to run for 2 hours I would probably die LOL. Calories sound really low, especially for an active woman, that sounds like what a sedentary woman should be consuming to lose weight. I think anyone eating that little and working out that much is going to be losing mostly muscle, not fat.

Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ever84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/wrknout4life/

Here's the ladies link to her body space...hopefully she doesn't find that rude. she apparently did 1.5 hours of cardio and took RapidSlim for weightloss help. Sorry it wasn't 2 hours...miss read. But with all that cardio and eatting 1200-1500 calories she kept the muscle.

twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000) twinnett is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It looks like she was doing contest prep...that's completely different from what a "normal" diet/ exercise program would look like
    "Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe. ": Saint Augustine

"So what exactly would you say you DO here??"

"Does this suit make me look fat??"
    "No, your face does."

DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanishThorn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    She looks great. I dont think she did that program for very long. Sounds like it might have been the end of her contest prep. Id love to hear from her though...
    "Love ya like a fat kid loves cake!!"
    XOXO
    -Danish

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/wrknout4life/

Here's the ladies link to her body space...hopefully she doesn't find that rude. she apparently did 1.5 hours of cardio and took RapidSlim for weightloss help. Sorry it wasn't 2 hours...miss read. But with all that cardio and eatting 1200-1500 calories she kept the muscle.
    She DOES look great...and she's a bit beyond "not blubbery" . I didn't read all of them but the bodyblog I noticed with a diet example said she kept that diet and activity at that level for 12 weeks. So, I don't think that's a good representation of her lifestyle--don't be discouraged thinking you're going to have to absolutely live at the gym to see progress.

never ever ever give up strongforgood's Avatar
    strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) strongforgood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cardio/Weight Loss

I did cardio (fast inclined walking) 3 - 4 times a week, for almost a year and just firmed up a bit, no weight loss. When I shifted to one hour every day I lost a pound per week for twenty weeks - it just melted off.
    My already healthy diet did not change much, although I did break my food down into smaller, more frequent portions. Have maintained the weight (with a bit less cardio, but still daily) for two years. Have two friends with very similar experiences.

Originally Posted by strongforgood View Post
    I did cardio (fast inclined walking) 3 - 4 times a week, for almost a year and just firmed up a bit, no weight loss. When I shifted to one hour every day I lost a pound per week for twenty weeks - it just melted off.
    My already healthy diet did not change much, although I did break my food down into smaller, more frequent portions. Have maintained the weight (with a bit less cardio, but still daily) for two years. Have two friends with very similar experiences.

That's about where I am...I can only lose about a pound per week...but at least it's that right? I used to drop weight before the baby but im starting to think it was water and muscle. At least this way with losing 1 pound per week it's healthy and I will keep my muscle.

That lady does look awesome...I didn't realize her diet was for contest prep...whoops!

crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500) crissygirl is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's about where I am...I can only lose about a pound per week...but at least it's that right? I used to drop weight before the baby but im starting to think it was water and muscle. At least this way with losing 1 pound per week it's healthy and I will keep my muscle.

That lady does look awesome...I didn't realize her diet was for contest prep...whoops!
    Could also be genetics. At one lb a week, that is great! Don't be so hard on yourself!

Registered User chris_mcfarlane's Avatar
    chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50) chris_mcfarlane will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thats perfectly safe... and healthy..

BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50) BOLDERNECK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1 pound a week is really good..a safe weight loss is about 1-2% of your body weight...dont get to crazy about those numbers on that scale...sounds like your doing very well!!..2 hours aday....there is such thing as to much of a good thing...deminishing returns!!!!!!!!!!!

gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gouvernance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

The faster the weight loss ; the greater the problem [ if any ] with loose skin tissue ; so i agree that 1lb or so a week is fine and that you are being over hard on yourself about it. I thinkthat most of us have some form of problem with weight and modern live doesn't make it any easier. The supermarkets seem to stock more sugar products than anything else. regarding cardio ; i do about 45 mins a day over 6 days of training but as to how much a person can do for safety - i think that depends on the type. Sitting on an exercise bike for 2 hours a day wouldn't be that hard [except on the butt ] but as someone else said 2 hours of running would be beyond.
    take what you need,-need what you take.

precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) precisou2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gouvernance View Post
    (...) but as someone else said 2 hours of running would be beyond.
    Gosh I remember just last year I could run at a very decent pace of 6.3 mph and this for anything longer than 10 miles. Even did a half marathon distance training run in 2.04.50.... gosh I miss those days ! Damn knees LOL

My Short Term Goals

After gaining 45 pounds during pregnancy YOU too would want to shed the weight as fast as your little rear can! It's not 9 month's on 9 month's off because I didn't gain but 3 pounds by my 6 month mark. I literally blew up at the end do to water retention and stopped working out so hard the last 3 month's cuz the belly's in the way. All I did was walk near the end...next time im forcing myself to do weights all the way though!

My son just turned 4 month's old, I lost 22 pounds right after birth (that just goes to show you how much water I was carrying) and I've lost 1 pound per week since which is 17 weeks because he's 4 month's old and 1 week (can't say nursing helps you shead the weight I was only able to nurse him for 2 month's) BUT...

-22 (From Child Birth) + -17 (From Workingout)= 39lbs lost Which mean's I have about 5-6 to GO!

When you see all these celebirty women back in shape 2-3 month's after the baby is born you kinda start feeling like....your behind.

In any case with work, diet, and decipline it's comming off just fine...can't wait to get into more of my old cute clothes! That right there is BIG time motivation for me!

When you see all these celebirty women back in shape 2-3 month's after the baby is born you kinda start feeling like....your behind.
    Compare yourself to celebrities when you have their resources. 5-6 months to your pre-baby weight is fantastic for someone who can't hire a personal trainer, someone to cook all their meals, maid and nanny.

Registered User Jesusfollower72's Avatar
    Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jesusfollower72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm training for a marathon so there is usually one day a week where I run for 2 - 3 hours straight. I usually adjust my calorie intake on those days so that it's much higher.

cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think 2 hours of cardio a day is the last resort, when youv sort of exhausted all your options. if you start off with 2 hours a day, when u hit a wall you'll have nowhere else to go because your already doing so much, imo. like with me, i ate clean, lifted and did about 30 mins cardio a day...everday for weeks, and i lost a really considerable amount of fat, but as time went on i seemed to plateau..so i had to increase my cardio dramatically. having said that, i think you should only do that much cardio for a couple of weeks at a time before having a proper rest...or else it spills into 'overtraining.'
    "Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it's a small price to pay for living a dream."

darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darrinallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

contest

Sounds like she was getting ready for a contest.

Probably went more like this:

1) 60 minutes cardio early in the morning
    2) couple low calorie meals in the morning with lots of vitamins minerals

3) weight training after work

4) eat a few more low calorie meals

5) go home do 60 minutes of more cardio.

probably did for about 3 months so this was really healthy
    Konnichiwa

star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) star4822 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cardio_girl View Post
    i think 2 hours of cardio a day is the last resort, when youv sort of exhausted all your options. if you start off with 2 hours a day, when u hit a wall you'll have nowhere else to go because your already doing so much, imo. like with me, i ate clean, lifted and did about 30 mins cardio a day...everday for weeks, and i lost a really considerable amount of fat, but as time went on i seemed to plateau..so i had to increase my cardio dramatically. having said that, i think you should only do that much cardio for a couple of weeks at a time before having a proper rest...or else it spills into 'overtraining.'
    I have the problem of doing too much cardio sometimes too. I know there's only a realistic amount I can do, before I'll HAVE to up it to something like 2 hours(which I will not be doing).
    What happened when you decreased your cardio? Did you have to cut back on calories so you wouldn't gain weight? That's what I'm afraid of doing, because I like to eat and have a huge appetite. Or are you still doing that much cardio?

Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Turbomunkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chris_mcfarlane View Post
    thats perfectly safe... and healthy..
    what are you smoking bro?? Generally speaking an average person uses about 2,000 calories a day, hence the reason food labels are based on a "2,000 calorie diet" So i honestly dont know how this person is eating only 1600 max with 2 hours of cardio a day plus lifting and not dead or close to it after each day. I honestly think that she is bull****ting cause frankly that doesnt sound possible.

cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cardio_girl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by star4822 View Post
    I have the problem of doing too much cardio sometimes too. I know there's only a realistic amount I can do, before I'll HAVE to up it to something like 2 hours(which I will not be doing).
    What happened when you decreased your cardio? Did you have to cut back on calories so you wouldn't gain weight? That's what I'm afraid of doing, because I like to eat and have a huge appetite. Or are you still doing that much cardio?
    sorry for delayed reply
    to be entirely honest with you...after i finished the show, i spent a whole week NOT training and eating absolutely everything in sight to "make up for lost time" which was STUPID STUPID STUPID
    but if your up to your 2 hours of cardio a day, and you want to ease back into, lets say, "normal life", imo a good way to do it would be do cut down to about 45 mins a day, and keep calories the same. do this for about a week, then the following week, keep cardio at 45mins (or whatever you think is maintainable and realistic), but raise your calorie intake slightly.
    try not to get your body used to doing ridiculous amounts of cardio ALL the time because it'll eventually lose its effect.
    hope this helps :P
    "Be willing to be uncomfortable. Be comfortable being uncomfortable. It may get tough, but it's a small price to pay for living a dream."

wrknout4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wrknout4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wrknout4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My cardio and diet....

Hey everyone! Hope this helps......I worked out my entire pregnancy. It was my 3rd one so I knew better this time. I have to say that helped tremendously in my pursuit to get my body back. 2 months postpartum I started a vigorous diet/exercise program to shed weight. I ate around 1200-1500 calories a day and did 90 minutes of cardio at 65-75% MHR. That is VERY doable. I am not going to say that I was the funnest person to be around, but I did it. I only did that for 13 weeks. I had reached my weight loss goal, but wanted to put muscle back on. Ever since then I've eaten more like 1700-1800 calories a day and only do about 45 minutes of cardio and weight train 5 days a week. I've gotten leaner and more defined since then. Weight loss and muscle gain happen 2 different ways. I lost pregnancy weight on the calorie restricted diet but got lean and muscular eating more calories, doing less cardio, and more weight training. You have to constantly change your routine to get constant changes with your body.

Originally Posted by wrknout4life View Post
    Hey everyone! Hope this helps......I worked out my entire pregnancy. It was my 3rd one so I knew better this time. I have to say that helped tremendously in my pursuit to get my body back. 2 months postpartum I started a vigorous diet/exercise program to shed weight. I ate around 1200-1500 calories a day and did 90 minutes of cardio at 65-75% MHR. That is VERY doable. I am not going to say that I was the funnest person to be around, but I did it. I only did that for 13 weeks. I had reached my weight loss goal, but wanted to put muscle back on. Ever since then I've eaten more like 1700-1800 calories a day and only do about 45 minutes of cardio and weight train 5 days a week. I've gotten leaner and more defined since then. Weight loss and muscle gain happen 2 different ways. I lost pregnancy weight on the calorie restricted diet but got lean and muscular eating more calories, doing less cardio, and more weight training. You have to constantly change your routine to get constant changes with your body.
    Glad you popped in on this thread. Thanks for clarifying your program. Checked out your bodyspace again...your arms look like they've grown! And abs still look fab.

mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50) mizzpri will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wrknout4life View Post
    Hey girl,

I was wondering if you lifted weights while doing the whole 1200-1500 calorie diet duration or was it solely cardio for 13 weeks?
    Also was this cardio in one shot or 1 hour morning and 1 hour evening?
    And...did you do any empty stomach cardio, and if so , for how long?

Thanks!

wrknout4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wrknout4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wrknout4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Answer

I usually did the cardio in one fail swoop. Didn't have time to split it up with 3 kids, and yes I lifted weights. I did a circuit style training routine at least 4 days a week. I NEVER train or do cardio on an empty stomach. I eat the minute I wake up and have always been that way (may see better results if you do cardio on an empty stomach, but I wouldn't know). If I was starving I would eat more veggies during the day and 1/2 a protein bar before bed. Like I said, on many days I wasn't the sweetest person to be around. It was HARD to do this right after my 3rd child was born. I signed up for the RapidSlim transformation to keep me in check, and I had a contract and $$$ with Muscletech if I succeeded......so I did!! It really helps to have accountability when you try to lose weight so you don't give up.

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Off season I ensure I get in one 45-60 min session first thing.....I also do daily weights topping off that hour with the step mill (my chest for example may take only 30 mins = 30 mins of step mill, my legs on the other hand can take 50 = 10 mins)....my cals stay at or around the 1800 I would think (I stopped counting cals a while ago but instead go by how I feel and look)

For comp prep the morning cardio stays (though I ensure a day isn't missed from my 6 day regime and that I go to the 60 mins), my weights become more circuit style (3 body parts a day) and I skip my cardio after weights but through it in at night. So, I probably do the 90-120 mins depending...cals gradually get to the 1200 (I hate going below this and would rather diet earlier for longer than to crash diet)....I am able to maintain 15-17% bf in the off season and get to around the 9-12 % on (depending on the show, bikini vs fitness vs figure)...I don't take pills.

HTH? Though not sure lol
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

shimzykitteh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio Works

My husband and I started going to the gym on a regular basis since November of 2014. I weighed right at 240lbs. It is February of 2015, and I have lost 45lbs since then. How may you ask? Working on my stamina! my gym is very big, and has many different cardio machines. My favorite are 3 different elliptical machines. I started out only being able to stay on the machine for abut 15 minutes, then I slowly worked on my endurance, I got to being able to happily stay on for 2 hours.
    I haven't drastically changed my diet either. I still eat pizza, and good home cooked food- just in moderation. Moderation is the key.
    Also, something else that helped me burn body fat, is taking 2 Green Tea fat burning pills about 30 mins before I head to the gym. I had to start bringing a hand towel with me to absorb all the sweat! I always bring a twist top water bottle with me. Another thing that really helps is to have an awesome workout playlist! Whatever music you like, you need to have something that keeps you pumped the entire time!
    I used to dance, so anything high energy like Kesha, or David Guetta gets me going!
    If you all need any tips on how to lose more wright please feel free to ask me!
    -ShimzyKitteh