Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000)

hair removal and tanning

How do the bodybuilders maintain a clean body shave and a tan or is that just contest prep.....Like I have hair on my chest,back,arms,legs but I shave it all off and at 22 years of age I'm thinking i don't want to keep this up for the rest of my life....do bodybuilders just get electrolysis????? Anyone had electrolysis done before???

I'm kinda pale white too so I go tanning about every other day...and I don't want to keep that up forever too.....Do these guys just get tan for contest prep....I know some of them are naturally tan. After you tan for so long do you just stay tan???

Anyone have any solutions to reduce my long term upkeep of hair removal and tanning???

PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For tanning, I'm pretty sure they bring in a professional to do it. I don't know if you can afford that but just hit the tanning bed. Will get the job done. As for hair removal, I do not know. Your guess is as good as mine.

Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bondi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Avoid a tanning bed! Especially with your skin type, unless you want to expose yourself to dangerous and unnessecary skin damage that has potential to cause skin cancer. Here is Australia, because of high cancer rates they are trying to get the tanning beds banned.
    Most of the pros get fake spray on tan, like everything some are good some are bad. Talk to the girls they'll tell you which ones are better and more natural looking, else you will look like an orange.

As for hair, one word is wax. A few shave though. More modern and expensive laser is coming in too.

kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000) kathyfit is just really nice. (+1000)
    No, bodybuilders do not keep up the hair-free, tanned look other than for a show or photo shoot. There are several tanning products that look great under the harsh stage lights like Protan, Jan Tana, and Dreamtan (sold here on bb.com). Even with dark skin colors, these products should be used to prevent an "ashey" appearance under the lights.
    As for hair removal, everybody has their favorite (or most tolerated). I believe most shave just before a show. I know some use products like nair, but others develope a rash from this, so experiment to see which best suits you.
    kathyfit
    NGA Figure Pro
    Bikini Universe Classic 2006-1st
    Figure Universe Classic 2010-1st
    Team Tight Curves

-__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50) -__- will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm REALLY white. Yesterday I picked up this lotion at walmart to give a temp tan. It says it will last about a week each use, but to do the whole body it took about half the bottle at least.

It seems to give a decent tan, I got the lightest it had since I was already really white. The only problem is that I couldn't reach the middle part of my back. It's not that big of a deal since it's mostly just something I wanted to try since I can't go to a tanning bed right now and won't be able to for about a month and wanted to see what it looked like to have a little tan. It's not for a competition or anything.

The bottle was like $8, and it said you can take a shower and it won't come off. I'm actually getting ready to go take a shower right now and I'll try to remember to post here to see how it goes.

But I'd go to a tanning bed if I was you. Much quicker, much easier, and probably much cheaper in the long run.

bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was looking at gettin laser removal done but it is very expensive..im going to get electrolysis done. As for tanning most people use lotions or spray ons

Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    bump
    Last edited by MIH-XTC; 12-27-2007 at 12:59 PM.

prosperity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know for tanning some people take injections to stimulate the production of melanin in their skin. Apparently it works quite well, and as someone deathly pale, I am interested in it. However, I've never seen any potential side effects listed, which makes me slightly wary. Here's one website I've found - http://www.melanocorp.com

As for regular hair removal, this is the cheapest and longest lasting option I've ever found. Go and buy an epilator. Now some people tolerate epilation quite well. I was never one of those people. On my legs, it would be so painful. So the trick is to get professionally waxed in the area a couple of times first. That way, the hair will be lighter, and it'll also be growing at different rates, so there'll be less hair to epilate and it'll be faster and less painful. That's if you intend to maintain permanent hair removal. If you just want to do it a few times each year for comps, then it might be easier just to get a wax each time. As a girl, though, the cost of regular waxing certainly adds up.

bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyform88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is epilator hair removal permenant and can it be used to large areas of the body

prosperity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nope, using an epilator isn't permanent. But it certainly lasts longer than shaving, creams, and I'm finding that it's beginning to last longer than waxing, too. Using an epilator is the cheapest form of hair removal I've found, though, because after you buy it, there's nothing more to pay. Just keep it up regularly.

Never tried electrolysis myself, but I have had a sample laser removal done. I've also had a friend get laser removal. Now that's expensive. You can go in, get your free trial (in which they use the laser on about an inch in the area you want hair removed), and then they'll quote you prices. Female underarms cost $300 to $400 per session, and you need around 6 to 10 sessions for permanent hair removal. I didn't see enough removal with my test to make it worthwhile. $1800 to $4000 is a lot of money. My friend (who's a lot hairier than myself) had it done, and she was very happy with the results... however, not all the hair was removed. For that amount of money, I'd want to be as smooth as anything. Plus, after many years, apparently the hair begins to grow back again.

I have heard electrolysis is a lot more permanent, but it is also the most painful and expensive way ever invented. As I've been told, anyway - I've never researched it myself.

ive looking into electrolysis and its a lot cheaper than laser.but its a lot more painful.if i was going to pay loads of money for lasrer i want it to be permanent and still it is a lot...i probally going to try and use an epilator..anyone used one of these before?

bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bodyimages101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I shave every couple of days....example in the winter i shave my torso once a week since i have a shirt on most of the time.......how ever i shave my arms every other day..to me its just a part fo the showering process.......my legs i never completey shave.. i just take a pair of barber clippers without a gaurd and shave.......i do this every three months...it takes a hell of alot longer for the hair on my legs to grow than any other body part.as far as armpits i just trim the hair... never completly shave my armpits.......once again.. to me it is just part of the whole lifestyle........in the winter i tan maybe twice a week just to keep some color in me...summer time hit the lake
    Last edited by bodyimages101; 01-05-2008 at 04:35 AM.

velardesd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) velardesd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post I used to shave

and I got crazy bumps. I have extremely senisitive skin. As far as competition, I know that use what the pros use, so that you don;t look like an idiot and don;t wait until the week before to try it out. I have always heard of Pro-tan over and over.
    Also, I used to shave like I was saying... and I just started getting brown sugar Wax jobs. Man, the BOMB. The first time I was pink in the area for about a day. but smooth!! nice and no stubble and shadow look for at least a week. And like another poster said, it makes the hair revert to being thinner and then you can go to epilitories or just pay for the waxing during your competition season/ photo shoots
    Who Motivates the MOTIVATOR BABY?!
    Advocare ~~"We Build Champions"