Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All about GABA

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

All about GABA

Those who read my posts should know I am a great GABA lover. Since many people underestimate this cheap and effective supplement, I thought to do a GABA thread. Here we go.

Just noticed most of the good studies are bigger than 1mb. ****!
    Last edited by Bane; 11-02-2005 at 07:58 AM.

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    outstanding! I am getting some bulk Gaba immediatly!!
    Any questions on the Air Force and how it can help meet your needs PM me!

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Great posting as usual Bane !
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Could be greater...
    Sigh!!!
    Anybody with a good alternative way to upload pdfs? Splitting is a pain.

tattoo697 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question bane?

hey can you recomend a good gaba?

great info by the way thax...

crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crazylucci has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What is The best way to take GABA (empty stomach/after meal)and how much is good for optimal results??

Also can GABA be taken with PCT products like NOLVADEX?? and other products like Natural Test boosters or ATD since we take some of these at night??

I have a bottle of Higher power GABA but havent tried it except one time at 3Grams and I got all itchy for like 15 minutes then felt relaxed.....do you build a tolerance to this stuff?? or is the itch always there??

phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) phikappa has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Bane
    Could be greater...
    Sigh!!!
    Anybody with a good alternative way to upload pdfs? Splitting is a pain.
    putfile.com ???
    Jon Cole's Gym: '79 - '85
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9275071&d=1603917754

are they all the same?

secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000) secondsight is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Awesome post and great information. I like the Gaba myself and take it occasionally.

Originally Posted by crazylucci
    What is The best way to take GABA (empty stomach/after meal)and how much is good for optimal results??

Also can GABA be taken with PCT products like NOLVADEX?? and other products like Natural Test boosters or ATD since we take some of these at night??

I have a bottle of Higher power GABA but havent tried it except one time at 3Grams and I got all itchy for like 15 minutes then felt relaxed.....do you build a tolerance to this stuff?? or is the itch always there??
    1)Best way to take GABA is before sleep on an empty stomach(with your ZMA if you want)
    2)Best BAGA is the cheapest you can find. For dd.com, Higher Power's GABA.
    3)Dosage varies. I advice you to start from 1gram and go slowly up to 5 grams. If you notice side effects(shortness of breath, the main and only important side effect GABA shows and also ithcy feeling) lower your dosage and keep it there. For me 3-4 grams work fine(a teaspoon). The itchy feeling usually wears off after some time(did so for me). 1gram is wonderful for better sleep, more is useful for HGH secretion.
    4)GABA stacks very well with ZMA. It has very little evidence of contraindications and drug interactions, even with other drugs that affect sleep e.t.c., since it does not cross the BBB and has no effect on the CNS. It only affects the hypothalamus, the part of the brain that controls sleep and hormone release
    5)Yes it is fine to take GABA during PCT
    6)No tolerance is reported for GABA. Although I believe in cycling 2 months on/1month off all your supplements, apart from your multi and whey, just in case.

Originally Posted by phikappa
    putfile.com ???
    Thanks a lot!

thanx man great answers....

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Bane PM sent... Advice needed
    Any questions on the Air Force and how it can help meet your needs PM me!

Pre-1960s Work Outs FTW! Blashy's Avatar
    Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Is gaba legal in Canada?
    You can live a healthy life without Carbs.

You'll die if you eliminate proteins or fats.

xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250) xJonathanx has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good post man!
    I work with PDF's all day (newspapers)
    The only way to post it directly into a thread is to save it as an image and then link it with HTML to display inside your post.
    Having trouble growing?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=732835

Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brain Differences Found in ADHD Kids
    Scans find unusual levels of certain neurotransmitters

By Amanda Gardner
    HealthDay Reporter

FRIDAY, Dec. 5 (HealthDayNews) -- Children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) may harbor unusual levels of certain neurotransmitters in the frontal part of their brains.

Researchers reporting in the December issue of the Journal of Neuropsychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences found levels of glutamate were increased in ADHD children while levels of GABA, a neuro-inhibitor, were decreased.

If seeing is believing, then the research does add to the "believability" and "reality" of this disorder, which manifests in behavioral changes. It is considered the most common childhood illness; on average, almost every classroom in the United States will have one child who needs to be treated for this disorder.

"There's such a lot of contention about ADHD and, in my opinion, too many kids are diagnosed because they fidget," says study author Dr. Helen Courvoisie, an assistant professor of child and adolescent psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions in Baltimore. "What studies like mine will do is show there is a biological basis to those kids who really have ADHD."

Dr. Bradley Peterson, a professor of pediatric neuropsychiatry at Columbia University and New York State Psychiatric Institute in New York City, agrees. "Historically, [seeing is believing] has been very true for other conditions," he says. "Brain imaging studies showed pretty major differences in brain structure that really legitimized schizophrenia as a biological disturbance. I think the same is true for other conditions."

Although the study is small, it is in line with previous work. "It's one more brick in the wall," says Russell Barkley, a professor of psychiatry at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston. "It is consistent with a number of other larger studies that have shown both structural and functional abnormalities in ADHD children."

The frontal lobe is responsible for executive functioning, which regulates impulse control, attention and other thought processes that can be compromised in people with ADHD.

Here, the study authors looked at eight children aged 6 to 12 who had been diagnosed with hyperactive-type ADHD. Of the three types of ADHD (attention-deficit, hyperactive and combined), this one most involves a malfunction of executive function. These children were compared to eight children without ADHD.

All of the ADHD children were taking some kind of stimulant medication, such as Ritalin, but not for the 24 hours preceding the scan.

All 16 children first underwent neuropsychological and IQ testing in one session. Later, they had a type of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) that measured the levels of six metabolites in the frontal part of the brain.

The results revealed that children in the ADHD group seemed to have decreased levels of GABA, which might explain poor impulse control, and higher levels of glutamate, which is excitatory and can be toxic to nerve cells in high amounts. Both GABA and glutamate are neurotransmitters, or brain chemical messengers.

The levels of the neurotransmitters were measured in relation to each other, Barkley points out. "It's not necessarily overall levels that were interesting," he says. "It really is the relative proportion of chemicals."

Future studies will need to be larger and will need to "see what kids look like both on and off medication," Courvoisie says.

Eventually, there may be implications for drug therapies. "Certainly the hope would be that by understanding the biological basis for these conditions, it'll provide clues as to how better to intervene therapeutically," Peterson says. "This particular set of findings suggests that some neurotransmitters may be increased in concentration in the frontal lobe in children of ADHD. We don't have good ways of manipulating those neurotransmitters currently, but we will soon and that may be helpful."
    I had always thought GABA was unsafe for children (because of the HGH increase), and it seems like I've seen 10 articles about ADD/ADHD kids having lower levels of whatever (like omega fatty acids), so I don't know if it's a significant difference. Good read though IMO

Originally Posted by Dosquito
    I had always thought GABA was unsafe for children (because of the HGH increase), and it seems like I've seen 10 articles about ADD/ADHD kids having lower levels of whatever (like omega fatty acids), so I don't know if it's a significant difference. Good read though IMO
    Can't understand your question/concern here. As for GABA being safe for children or not, it is always highly advisable for people below the age of 21 not to take ANY supplement that messes with their endocrinological system:GABA,Steroids,Guggulsterones,Cissus,Thyroid extract,aromatase blockers e.t.c. e.t.c. e.t.c.

Btw the article has a very big mistake. GABA is not a neuro-inhibitor. It is a beurotransmitter that affects inhibiting neurons.

Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000) Dosquito is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can't understand your question/concern here. As for GABA being safe for children or not, it is always highly advisable for people below the age of 21 not to take ANY supplement that messes with their endocrinological system:GABA,Steroids,Guggulsterones,Cissus,Thyroid extract,aromatase blockers e.t.c. e.t.c. e.t.c.

Btw the article has a very big mistake. GABA is not a neuro-inhibitor. It is a beurotransmitter that affects inhibiting neurons.
    Haha, I didn't have a question. I just had always assumed that children (<21) shouldn't mess with GABA. I thought that this article said otherwise, but I guess you're right.

Location: in a cave painting symbols on the walls for aliens to find when they take over the world
    <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500) <^> is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    something i might have to add next time i order.
    Max Raw Lifts: 1065lbs

Bench: 325
    Deadlift: 365
    Squat: 375

If u rep me and i like u enough, i will print your name on the cave wall for the aliens to find.....then maybe they will think u were an important person............

wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wormwood has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

nice info here

im definately throwing this in with my pct for sd

HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HYP3R has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1)Best way to take GABA is before sleep on an empty stomach(with your ZMA if you want)
    2)Best BAGA is the cheapest you can find. For dd.com, Higher Power's GABA.
    3)Dosage varies. I advice you to start from 1gram and go slowly up to 5 grams. If you notice side effects(shortness of breath, the main and only important side effect GABA shows and also ithcy feeling) lower your dosage and keep it there. For me 3-4 grams work fine(a teaspoon). The itchy feeling usually wears off after some time(did so for me). 1gram is wonderful for better sleep, more is useful for HGH secretion.
    4)GABA stacks very well with ZMA. It has very little evidence of contraindications and drug interactions, even with other drugs that affect sleep e.t.c., since it does not cross the BBB and has no effect on the CNS. It only affects the hypothalamus, the part of the brain that controls sleep and hormone release
    5)Yes it is fine to take GABA during PCT
    6)No tolerance is reported for GABA. Although I believe in cycling 2 months on/1month off all your supplements, apart from your multi and whey, just in case.

As Bane stated. Make sure you go slow on the GABA. I took it last month and boy I mean to tell ya. After literally 10 minutes of taking one good spoon full, I was having heavy tingling around my face and neck and arms. My breathing became slightly labored. Felt slightly faint, but it all was good about 30 minutes later. Point is, go slow so you know your tolerance.
    vBulletin Message

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GABA is awesome for me to fall asleep. I know it works also because of the mild itchy-heat sensation I get... then WAMMO, I'm out for the night and sleep great. There are lots of writeups on the web about the benefits of GABA but it's cool that Bane posted the info. GOOD JOB BANE!!!

Low price and higly effective. I'm sold!
    "Gratitude is the sign of noble souls." Aesop

nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10) nycste is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EquinOX
    GABA is awesome for me to fall asleep. I know it works also because of the mild itchy-heat sensation I get... then WAMMO, I'm out for the night and sleep great. There are lots of writeups on the web about the benefits of GABA but it's cool that Bane posted the info. GOOD JOB BANE!!!

Low price and higly effective. I'm sold!

simple question i always take a prebedtime shake.... when is best to take gaba then?
    Current Logs
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119069591
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=119069081

EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EquinOX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I buy my GABA in powder form and put a teaspoon in with my shake before bed. Takes about half-n-hour before it starts to affect me. I get tingles and then really tired. I don't do it every night though... maybe three nights a week.
    "Gratitude is the sign of noble souls." Aesop

Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Blashy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have to agree GABA is by far the best product I've used for sleep.

One VERY flat teaspoon is enough.

norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10) norishinghgh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Blashy
    Is gaba legal in Canada?
    yup i saw NOW gaba at a health food store today

I also got a question do you have to take gaba everyday for weeks just to notice effects or can you notice effects just by taking them occasionally only when you need them or taking the very first capsule?

Originally Posted by norishinghgh
    yup i saw NOW gaba at a health food store today

I also got a question do you have to take gaba everyday for weeks just to notice effects or can you notice effects just by taking them occasionally only when you need them or taking the very first capsule?
    It works right away, it is fantastic.

No need to take it everyday.

RobertPaulson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking to start trying GABA. I work shift, so any help in maintaining a decent level of sleep is good but I'm also interested in the HGH impact. I don't like trying anything without looking into it first, especially when messing with neurotransmitters and hormone levels. I found this paper on GABA which worried me slightly, is this saying that repeated GABA supplementation could reduce your ability to produce HGH (I'm no pro at deciphering these papers)?

Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. Cavagnini F, Invitti C, Pinto M, Maraschini C, Di Landro A, Dubini A, Marelli A Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 93 (2): 149-154 (Feb 1980)

"A single oral dose of 5 g gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) was given to 19 subjects and serial venous blood samples were obtained before and 3 h after drug administration. A placebo was administered to 18 subjects who served as controls. GABA caused a significant elevation of plasma growth hormone levels (P less than 0.001), but did not consistently alter plasma prolactin concentration since only 5 out of 15 subjects showed an increase of the hormone. Eight additional subjects were submitted to an insulin tolerance test before and after per os administration of 18 g GABA daily for 4 days. Protracted GABA treatment significantly blunted the response of growth hormone and enhanced that of prolactin to insulin hypoglycaemia (P less than 0.01). These results indicate that pharmacological doses of GABA affect growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. The precise nature of GABA's effects as well as its mechanism of action remains to be clarified."

Originally Posted by RobertPaulson
    I'm looking to start trying GABA. I work shift, so any help in maintaining a decent level of sleep is good but I'm also interested in the HGH impact. I don't like trying anything without looking into it first, especially when messing with neurotransmitters and hormone levels. I found this paper on GABA which worried me slightly, is this saying that repeated GABA supplementation could reduce your ability to produce HGH (I'm no pro at deciphering these papers)?

Effect of acute and repeated administration of gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) on growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. Cavagnini F, Invitti C, Pinto M, Maraschini C, Di Landro A, Dubini A, Marelli A Acta Endocrinol (Copenh) 93 (2): 149-154 (Feb 1980)

"A single oral dose of 5 g gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) was given to 19 subjects and serial venous blood samples were obtained before and 3 h after drug administration. A placebo was administered to 18 subjects who served as controls. GABA caused a significant elevation of plasma growth hormone levels (P less than 0.001), but did not consistently alter plasma prolactin concentration since only 5 out of 15 subjects showed an increase of the hormone. Eight additional subjects were submitted to an insulin tolerance test before and after per os administration of 18 g GABA daily for 4 days. Protracted GABA treatment significantly blunted the response of growth hormone and enhanced that of prolactin to insulin hypoglycaemia (P less than 0.01). These results indicate that pharmacological doses of GABA affect growth hormone and prolactin secretion in man. The precise nature of GABA's effects as well as its mechanism of action remains to be clarified."
    Though endocrinology is really not my forte and my English in scientific terms suck, as far as I can understand this study means this: Hypoglycemia induces prolactin release while HGH release induces hypoglycemia. Insulin to normal people causes hypoglycemia and thus HGH lowering. HGH also blocks insulin's capability to induce glycose intake in the cells, although paradoxically too much HGH can increase insulin secretion. Possibly to counteract the lowering of insulin sensitivity. Scientists gave GABA to the subjects and then injected them with insulin and found out that HGH lowering was less and prolactin secretion was more. Both of them nice thingies which tell us GABA works. Thanks for the study though, I'll try to find it in a few days.
    If anyone more knowledgable in endocrinology wants to pop up,it would be nice
    Last edited by Bane; 01-29-2006 at 04:51 PM.

Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Oz Enhanced is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    man those gaba scoops are ****ing tiny
    are they like 1/2 teaspoon?
    neway i just had my first serving just then and getting this tingling feeling all over
    i feel pretty seeet