mtnmvr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtnmvr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Maintain weight while losing BF

When I "cut" I lose too much size and feel small and weak. I like the feeling of being able to lift strong and keep my size but I want to see a little progress with a decreased amount of BF%. I am eating a lot of protein and a pretty good blend of the other nutrients. My BF droped 3% right away but then my weight started down.

Can you be lean and big without the "bulking" "cutting" phases? Can't you just eat right, workout hard and accomplish both?
    Body, Mind, & Spirit. Train it all!

PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PerpetualFlux has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This seems to be a feeling a lot of people have. Most people generally feel small as they're cutting down. Only thing I can say is stick with it and get shredded. You'll be happy with your results. Losing a bit of muscle mass is inevitable, and depending on how your body works, you'll always feel small especially if you're dieting down.

I also think it may be in your head. Really, you are getting small. You're losing fat off your body. Of course you'll think you look small, but once you get to a body fat percentage that makes you look shredded, you'll look bigger even if you weigh less.

Just try and finish it all the way. Ignore those feelings and think about your final goal. It's a psychological battle.

bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bking10 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mtnmvr View Post
    Can you be lean and big without the "bulking" "cutting" phases? Can't you just eat right, workout hard and accomplish both?
    the thing is you have to feed your body to build muscle and starve your body to lose fat. while building muscle its inevitable that you add some fat and while cutting fat its also inevitable that you lose some muscle. the bulking cutting phases are an attempt to reduce those inevitabilities. but im sure with hard work you could stay lean and be big.. just not as lean and as big as u could be
    SC: BKing1024