Thread: ProLab Creatine

EightPack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EightPack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ProLab Creatine

Hi guys, I have read the thread on the forum and about 75% of you seemed to be supporting ProLab Monohydrate Creatine so I thought i'd buy it. i just received mine today that i got from this site.

my question was I read that I need to take it with dextrose. And they said take it with Grape juice? but then in some other thread I read that the acid in juices kills some of the creatine.

What is the best way to take this creatine? with what? I know many guys here use or used it so I would be really happy if you guys told me a couple of stuff about it.

thx in advance

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by EightPack
    my question was I read that I need to take it with dextrose.

And they said take it with Grape juice?

but then in some other thread I read that the acid in juices kills some of the creatine.
    1) No

2) No

3) No

There is complete creatine info below... also pre-workout and post-workout nutrition..

Diet:

-Total daily calorie intake. This is what will make / break you

- It is NOT efficient to try and lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time

- BMR and nutrition calculator (click here)

- Total Daily Protein Intake (for best results I recommend AROUND 2g per lb of bodyweight)

- Fatloss basics. READ IT:

- Foods (Good vs. Bad):

- If there was ONE SINGLE KEY to the gains I made in the 1 1/2 years when I went from 175-225 (my best.. leanest gains), it is OATS / STEEL CUT OATS ! The emphasis here is that oats / steel cut oats are a INEXPENSIVE, HEALTHY, yet VERY CALORIE DENSE FOOD. I saw lean gains like I had never seen before. But NO THEY DON'T TASTE GOOD. YOU HAVE TO FORCE FEED THEM. This gets old fast. I added about 1 cup of oats to each protein shake.

When bulking (to gain lean muscle mass), I aim for:

- 1lb lean beef per day
    - 1 Gallon Skim Milk per day
    - Around 2000 cals per day from oats
    - Lots of protein shakes (up to 8 per day)
    - Lean chicken
    - Lean turkey
    - Lean beef / sloppy Joes (manwich)
    - Hamburger Helper
    - Lots of pasta
    - Lots of tuna
    - Potatoes
    - Rice (Note: If you can afford it you can do things like boneless chicken breast, steaks etc.. etc..)
    - Veggies (Fresh if possible)

When cutting (to lose fat):

- I eat many of the same foods above, but with a lower TOTAL DAILY CALORIE INTAKE

- I put a emphasis on PRE- and POST-workout nutrition, and the end result is that most of my calories are eaten before my afternoon workout. I have found this to be ideal (for me).

Supplements:

- Supplements / Companies to avoid: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...0&postcount=81

- SAVE $$$$$ ! ! STICK WITH THE BASICS ! ! )- Stay on creatine, there is no need to cycle it ! (cycling and loading are totally optional)

- Creatine timing (when / how to take it):- For best results, aim for AROUND 2g of total daily protein intake per lb of bodyweight EVERY SINGLE DAY ! !

Example:
    Bodyweight: 200lbs
    Total daily protein intake: 400g
    Here is why:

Workout / Routine:

- I recommend a MAX-OT, 5x5, HST (or similar) routine with a EMPHASIS ON:
    - Squatting / Leg pressing
    - Deadlifts
    - Barbell benchpress
    (Including flat / decline / incline)
    - Both BB's and DB's for best results

- Concentrate more on measurements and less on bodyweight

- Weigh yourself once a week. Should gain (or lose) around 1lb per week (depending on goals).

- Concentrate on form first, in order to stay injury free

- Emphasize both range of motion, and mind-muscle connection

- With intensity, strength gains, and a proper bodybuilding diet, the size gains (or fatloss) will come

- Make sure and have a spotter when working out your major muscle groups, preferrably someone bigger than you

- Don't be scared of overtraining. Simply listen (pay attention) to your body, and ask more questions later if you think you are overtraining.

Cardio:

- If possible, do cardio at least 8 hours from when you lift weights

- If possible, do cardio in the AM after sleeping.

- No need to do cardio on a empty stomach, but many prefer to due to nausea

- Jumping rope is a very efficient form of cardio

- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a efficient form of cardio

Recovery (A.K.A GROWTH !):

- With proper intensity MUST COME PROPER RECOVERY !

- Make sure and get enough protein right before you go to sleep.

- Make sure and get enough protein/carbs right when you wake up

- Make sure and get enough deep, quality sleep (Not getting enough quality sleep is the #1 newbie mistake. You should aim for at least 8 QUALITY hours of sleep per night): - Make sure and get enough protein / calories on off days (This is when your body will be recovering) It is important to be consistent !

- Make sure and get proper pre and post-workout nutrition:
    Carbs pre and post workout.
    Protein pre and post workout.
    Creatine pre and post workout:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

H20 / Cell volumization:

- Make sure and drink enough water throughout the day (This is CRITICAL ! !) I drink about 1 liter per hour. (Keep in mind I am currently over 240lbs so you may not need this much) Click here to read about why this is SO IMPORTANT:
    Good luck !

Disclaimer: The above post is IN MY OPINION, or IN MY EXPERIENCE, unless otherwise noted.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

EightPack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EightPack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thx for the long copy paste but all Im asking is what do i take the prolab creatine with? water?

I dont need dextrose with it?

jimgrill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jimgrill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    first of all no u dont need dextrose thats crap... All u need to do and i PROMISE it isnt bad, just take a spoon... take a scoop of the prolab, put it in ur mouth, and wash it down with water.... it goes right down, has no taste and its quick and simple.. then just drink alot of water thru out the day and ur good .. prolab creatine is very good and cost effective

The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jimgrill
    first of all no u dont need dextrose thats crap... All u need to do and i PROMISE it isnt bad, just take a spoon... take a scoop of the prolab, put it in ur mouth, and wash it down with water.... it goes right down, has no taste and its quick and simple.. then just drink alot of water thru out the day and ur good .. prolab creatine is very good and cost effective
    is it ok to take this with food, or a pre workout shake?
    ~~~Patience and Persistence~~~

Somebody Please Answer My Question Simply With One Or Two Words!

What Do You All Take Your Creatine Monohydrate With? Water?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Somebody Please Answer My Question Simply With One Or Two Words!

What Do You All Take Your Creatine Monohydrate With? Water?
    Preworkout:
    Whey + Creatine + Carbs + Water

Postworkout:
    Whey + Creatine + Carbs + Water
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lightbulb

thx for the long copy paste but all Im asking is what do i take the prolab creatine with? water?

I dont need dextrose with it?
    Hey noob you should take heed and study that "long copy and paste"..

PU's info is always golden and he makes that for all of our benefits.. You should be lucky he even posted that instead of his Welcome to the board now learn how to search speech...
    Any questions on the Air Force and how it can help meet your needs PM me!

I actually did, I know every single thing written on there and I can even point out a couple of mistakes he put in there( not that its a bad article, its awesome)

your calling me a noob because I only have 4 posts? LOL

I might be new to creatine because I was young and my parents wouldnt allow me but WOULD YOU MIND IF YOU POST UP A PICTURE OF YOURSLEF? and I will post a picture of myself?

We'll see whos the real noob.

***got, great welcoming, now you put me against this website, I didnt mean anything by my earlier post, I just hadent had my question answered. I even read the links he posted up hoping Id find the answer, they say everything about creatine but HOW to take it.

your 25, im 16.

we'll really see whos the big boy here. PLUS THE FACT THAT IM 100% natural.

come on im waiting for your picture buddy

nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nick912 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

I like you man.. You got spunk! If you need advice on training,nutrition,supplementation, or anything gimme a PM

Keep an eye out for my Red Acid logs to be my before and after pics..

Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Rigor has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi eightpacks

have you tried protein shakes?

Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thestef has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First of all.... Grape juice is not very acidic

I always take it with grape juice or with my protein shake so that your system will be more capable of digesting it... if you just take it with wather you body won't diggest it as easily.

For faster absortion, take it with juice... if your worried about acidic juice, just avoid, orange juice, lime or any citrus fruit juice and it will be ok.
    Body builders are not made in the gym, they are made in the kitchen.

Strength/Condition Coach jdiritto's Avatar
    jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take prolab creatine mono with dextrose postworkout - great results for the last 2-3months ive been doing it

once im out of my 8lb tub of dextrose im going to use oats as carbs post workout though - should provide better results

I used to use grape juice with GNC creatine - got no results + i hate grape juice
    I would do as ppl above said, take a spoon full of CM and wash it down with some grape juice - it tasted horrible imo
    I'd recommend you get some bulk dextorose powder, and use that postworkout... or even look into using CEE instread of mono

The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000) The Bigcheese is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdiritto
    or even look into using CEE instread of mono
    what really is the difference between the two??
    ~~~Patience and Persistence~~~

Thank god, when i got pissed now i got something going on here.

Thanks, I will most likely do it with Grape Juice or dextrose but with how much dextrose did you take your creatine with? just wondering

and I am on CEE right now, havent noticed much gains yet. i first heard cee is the right choice but then this site supported Prolab mono so much that I bought that one to try after the CEE.

Originally Posted by The Bigcheese
    what really is the difference between the two??
    most of mono gets killed in the stomach, cee is supposed to be 100% absorbant.

jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    CEE will most likely elimate any water retetion you MAY experience from mono (not everyone gets it) also if you dont respond to mono as some people dont you will more than likely respond to CEE

I was using 50g post workout of dextrose with 5-10g creatine (1 scoop dextrose, and 1/2 spoonfulls mono)

once i run thro a bottle or 2 of green bulge (CEE) i am going to go back to mono/dextrose and i will be doing 20g dextrose preworkout and 30g postworkout with the mono serving.

prolab mono is a solid choice for monohydrate - id recommend anyone using creatine products uses monohydrate before CEE or another form

if your not seeing much results from cee - try drinking 2x the amount of water you do now. unless you already drink a gallon + a day..

also there are tons of supplements when combined with creatine will enhance your gains (taurine, and Alpha lipoic acid are the main 2 I include)
    Last edited by jdiritto; 11-03-2005 at 12:04 PM.

Thank god, when i got pissed now i got something going on here.

Thanks, I will most likely do it with Grape Juice or dextrose but with how much dextrose did you take your creatine with? just wondering

and I am on CEE right now, havent noticed much gains yet. i first heard cee is the right choice but then this site supported Prolab mono so much that I bought that one to try after the CEE.
    What kind of CEE are you taking? How long have you been taking it?
    You should try this and this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/black/ku.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/black/go.html

Your workouts will be alot more fun with the 2..

Originally Posted by jdiritto
    CEE will most likely elimate any water retetion you MAY experience from mono (not everyone gets it) also if you dont respond to mono as some people dont you will more than likely respond to CEE

I was using 50g post workout of dextrose with 5-10g creatine (1 scoop dextrose, and 1/2 spoonfulls mono)

once i run thro a bottle or 2 of green bulge (CEE) i am going to go back to mono/dextrose and i will be doing 20g dextrose preworkout and 30g postworkout with the mono serving.

prolab mono is a solid choice for monohydrate - id recommend anyone using creatine products uses monohydrate before CEE or another form

if your not seeing much results from cee - try drinking 2x the amount of water you do now. unless you already drink a gallon + a day..

also there are tons of supplements when combined with creatine will enhance your gains (taurine, and Alpha lipoic acid are the main 2 I include)
    50 grams? ISNT THAT ALOT FOR JUST TO TAKE IT WITH SOME CREATINE?

is that how much i need for the creatine to be transfered the best? mix it all in water right?

lol! last question guys.

Originally Posted by nick912
    What kind of CEE are you taking? How long have you been taking it?
    You should try this and this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/black/ku.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/black/go.html

Your workouts will be alot more fun with the 2..
    i know i take the worst brand but I got it for free so, why not use it up

MuscleTech's CEE

i know i take the worst brand but I got it for free so, why not use it up

MuscleTech's CEE
    MuscleTech may be a shunned brand around here, but I have heard good things about CEE Pro and Gakic. (and not from the dude at GNC either!!)

Yea go ahead and use it up.. And if you dont respond to it then try Kre-Alk, Green Bulge, or just stick to regular old mono..

50 grams? ISNT THAT ALOT FOR JUST TO TAKE IT WITH SOME CREATINE?

is that how much i need for the creatine to be transfered the best? mix it all in water right?

lol! last question guys.

50g = yes... its all around your workout so its not going to affect your body composition much (plus dextrose is a healthier sugar)

I believe should try to get 50g of carbohydrates arouned your workout not solely post workout..

ive just been doing post workout cos its easiest..otherwise Id have to drink a sugar shake preworkout or something....nrever tried mixing it with my preworkout protein shake, i may do that as well...
    or i might throw dextrose into Xtend when i start drinkign that during my workouts again..

but yea, 50g of a simple sugar is just a suggestion to take creatine with...and it's not just some creatine, creatine is one most widely used supplements. if you want results, you gotta use it right.

and yes - i jus tmix the dextrose + creatine in a water bottle..i add the powder into a dried out deer park bottle, than fill it and drink it post workout ..and ill immediately refill it with water and chug that...than I down my post w/o protein shake a few minutes later

I actually did, I know every single thing written on there and I can even point out a couple of mistakes he put in there( not that its a bad article, its awesome)
    I welcome your input... thoughts ?
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

lol, not to get all with it but, heres one

2.0 grams of protein per bodyweight?

since when does the fat in your body use up protein? your fat doesnt use protein, you cannot use total bodyweight to calculate things. You gotta use LEAN bodyweight for your calculations.

compare these 2 guys:

200lbs with 6%bf
    200lbs with 40%bf

now do you really think both need the same amount of protein daily?

comments welcome p2... i got a couple more mistakes

same topic:

plus the fact that an intense athletes body only needs 1.5 per lean bodyweight.

NOT 2.0, this fact isnt from one study, this fact comes from a several studies

the best deal is 1.4 x Lean = daily protein intake

people will take 2.0x thinking ohh im buking, the more protein, bigger i will get. but all it happens is you put extra stress on your kidneys and you need more water to keep your kidneys healthier. all the extra protein gets dumped out, not used as mass for your body

Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

since when does the fat in your body use up protein? your fat doesnt use protein, you cannot use total bodyweight to calculate things. You gotta use LEAN bodyweight for your calculations.

compare these 2 guys:

200lbs with 6%bf
    200lbs with 40%bf

if you read the whole article it says above...."when bulking". why would someone with 40% BF be bulking? lol, and i spose he should put LBM next to them, but is it so shameful to assume that on a BODYBUILDING site MOST people who want to bulk are under 20%BF?! lol.

Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nathan1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    same topic:

NOT 2.0, this fact isnt from one study, this fact comes from a several studies

the best deal is 1.4 x Lean = daily protein intake

people will take 2.0x thinking ohh im buking, the more protein, bigger i will get. but all it happens is you put extra stress on your kidneys and you need more water to keep your kidneys healthier. all the extra protein gets dumped out, not used as mass for your body
    there's a study for everything man. you want studies? oh boy some people on this site have PLENTY. and bottom line in EVERYONE'S CASE, is that PU can't say 2g/lb LBM and YOU can't tell me i need 1.4. everyone's different. ya work your way up to 2g/lb LBM and do it if you can, otherwise ya find your sweet spot.

lol, just noticed you called it "fact". HAHA! this is body building! and every BODY is different! oh no, more water? ahh, what am i going to do? i take in enough water everyday to cover me eating 3g/lb LBM, but i don't take in that much. i'd rather get too much protein.....than not enough in this hobby.

besides.....what does PU12 know? lol.

NEXT "mistake"??

compare these 2 guys:

200lbs with 6%bf
    200lbs with 40%bf

Good discussion !

All the (personal) recommendations above are based on optimization, and NOT "need". See the links above for more info.
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience

Good discussion !

It's probably MUCH less.. see the protein links above
    Free agent
    11+ Years Experience