davinci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) davinci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) davinci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) davinci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) davinci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) davinci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Will I Be OverTraining

Hi Everyone,

My goal is to both lose body fat and gain some lean muscle and I have developed the following schedule. Can anybody tell me if they think I would be overtraining?

Mon 22mins cardio HIIT and Arms/Abs
    Tue 22mins cardio HIIT and Legs/Chest
    Wed 22mins cardio HIIT and Back/Shoulders
    Thur 22mins cardio HIIT and Arms/Abs
    Fri 22 min cardio HIIT and Legs/Chest
    Sat 22mins caridio HIIT
    Sunday rest

Thanks,

Dan

KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KishanS has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You may want to seperate your cardio session to the morning and lifting at night. HIIT is very useful since it helps you burn more calories throughout the day. The increased glycogen from eating throughout the day will help you lift. Try your schedule for one week and if you are completely exhausted, cut one session of HIIT.

Also, any reason why you're doing Legs/Chest? Leg day should be the hardest. Seems kinda off to me, but I could be wrong.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/20/i-lost-weight-kishan-shah_n_1900533.html

chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chlaxman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO yes you will end up overtraining ad fairly quickly. What type of HIIT training are you doing? I suggest sprinting, and I think doing that 6 days a week is far too much. More like 3 days a week IMO with maybe a day or two of low-intensity thrown in there.

Also I wouldn't work legs and chest on the same day because both involve so many compound lifts. I wouldn't lift arms twice a week, especially if you are doing chest twice a week, there is just no need and will not help IMO. I think a better plan would be a 4 or 5 day split working chest and bis/tris one day and back and bis/tris the other day. I also would not lift legs or chest twice a week. If you do want to do that, make sure that one of those days is an easy lift.
    Panthers/Tar Heels/Hurricanes/Durham Bulls

Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Krissypoo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read what I wrote, as well as others, on the other thread you started. Your body needs time to rest, recover, and grow. Give it that time. I've been where you are...frustrated and determined. A good diet, MODERATE cardio, and heavy lifting each body part 1x per week is all you need, in addition to patience.

If you have just begun lifting, you can definitely lift bodyparts 2x per week but not the way you have them planned. A Push/Pull or Upper/Lower or Full Body routine is acceptable.

Post your current diet. With input from you, we can design something that will work.