RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Just Starting - Need help on routine/diet/where to start!

Good morning -

I am new to the body building, but have worked out lifted weights for quite a few years. I am very excited to be training for a competition, and think I have a pretty good body for it, but am not quite sure where to start. My husband and I train/workout together, and we train hard. I just want to I guess be reassured that what I am doing at this point is right, and know if there is anything I might need to change or add at this point. Here is what I currently do:

Workouts:
    Monday - 30 min cardio at lunch, 40 minutes weights after 5, and 15 to 30 min cardio after weights
    Tuesday - 30 min cardio at lunch, light weights and cardio after 5 at home with video
    Wednesday - repeat Monday
    Thursday - repeat Tuesday
    Friday - 30 min cardio at lunch - rest in evening
    Saturday a.m. - Repeat Monday/Wednesday evening workouts
    Sunday a.m. - Same as Saturday

Weights: I try to do pyramid lifting to increase weight/decrease reps most sets...doing four sets i.e. CHEST: press 4 sets 15rep/30 wt, 12 rep/35 wt, 10 rep/40 wt and 8 rep 45 wt. incline my weights at this point are a little lighter, same reps...decline, weight a little heavier, same reps.

Cardio - I try to vary what I do from eliptical, treadmill, stair climber, bike and arch trainer...never want to get too used to what I am doing.

DIET:
    Breakfast - 3 egg whites, 1/2c oatmeal, one large grapefruit
    snack - 1/2 chick breats & green veggies - or Protien Drink
    lunch - 1/2 chick breast, 1/2 yam, salad
    snack - apple or same as a.m. snack
    dinner - similar to lunch
    usually no evening snack, or protien drink
    Water all day long....

so, there you have it - I have lost 30 pounds in the last year, and still have about 15 to loose to be at a weight I want...not for competition. I know I will gain muscle weight, so the number really is not that important to me, but there are areas such as hips (from having kids), and back (under bra) that really bother me, and still have a bit of buldge. Any suggestions on what I should do differently would be great to really get me in gear for the intense training, and competition.

Thanks!
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!

arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50) arose70 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hmmm, I think you are training too much and not eating enough.

You need AT LEAST 1 day off per week totally from weights/cardio. You can make this an "active day" where you are out and about and take walks but no formal exercise. And cut the cardio too...you don't need cardio 7 days a week!!!! Cut it down to 4 or 5 at the most!

And you need to be eating way more. You don't seem to be eating much at all. You should have 6 meals...not snacks in between 3 meals. Each meal should be a healthy fat, carb source, and protein.

I understand you would like to compete but how much more can you do and how many more cals can you drop to get to contest shape? Get up your cals and decrease your workouts for now and it will be much easier to cut in the future. I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped a couple lbs doing this too. good luck
    "Ain't no party like a Scranton party cause a Scranton party don't stop."

RoadPrincess Biker Mamma rayteresa4's Avatar
    rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rayteresa4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you...appreciate the advice...
    rayteresa4
    INBF Promotor/Director/Competitor
    www.unitedfitness.org - Wa. State Contest Information

34 - mother of 2
    5'7"
    Goal
    120-125lb for Comp.
    6-8% BF

With A Shield About Me - ALL Things Are Possible
    Blinders on, Eyes Forward, Running ALL the WAY to the END!