Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

dressagerulz23's Basic Cuts Log

The Product: Basic Cuts by Designer Supplements
    To save space, I will post the purpose of the product (what it is marketed for), and the "supplement facts." For the full details, check out the full write-up: http://www.designersupps.com/product.../Basiccuts.pdf

Purpose: this product is marketed to boost metabolism, promote fat-burning, provide pre-workout stimulation, promote in-gym focus, elevate mood, and suppress appetite.

Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 2 Capsules
    Servings Per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving:

Cayenne Pepper 500mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous 200mg
    PEA (phenylethylamine) 150mg
    Hordenine 50mg

Next, I'll post my lengthy background info

Goal/Purpose: Lower my bf% to around 12-13*%, and weight to 107*; and to have energy!!!
    *Flexible to how I FEEL; in the past I've felt BEST at this weight/bf%, (hence, I'm basing my goal weight/bf% on these #'s; but this is not "set in stone")

(Recent) History:I have a hormonal imbalance, including: f*cked up glucose/insulin levels/metabolism, (which is extremely exacerbated by estrogen/"female" reproductive hormones), and VERY low levels of GH & testosterone, as well as low-low normal "thyroid" (TSH, T4, and T3). Without getting too detailed, these imbalances, DRIVE me to overeat, and cause extreme fatigue. After "discovering" Hoodia gordonii at the beginning of this year, I went from February to mid-June without a SINGLE overeating episode and my energy levels were very good.

However, mid-June my binge eating was triggered by estrogen/progesterone that my doc. had prescribed to treat my osteoporosis. After 9 days, I discontinued the use of the estrogen/progesterone, but unfortunately suffered an overeating episode every 3-10 days, from mid-June to ~1 month ago when I found a supplement (Iron Tek's Lumatol) which stopped my overeating "cold turkey." I have also just started my 4th week on Blaze, which is helping significantly to boost my metabolism and help prevent my overeating as well. It has been just over a month since my last overeating episode, and now that my eating is back on track, my goal (~4 weeks ago) was to take off those few lbs. that I gained from mid June to the end of September. I had my bf% tested at this time (Oct. 8th) and was 16%; weight was 110.75. I was originally planning on getting my body fat tested again on Saturday Nov. 5th, (which would complete 4 full weeks on Blaze).

How I Intend to Use Basic Cuts: Purely for energy. The fat loss, metabolic enhancement, mood-enhancement, and other effects are DEFINITELY added/welcomed benefits, but if I did not have a problem with energy levels, I mostly likely would not use this type of supplement (or very infrequently). With that being said, (with the exception of Lumatol, which I use primarily for the SUPERIOR appetite suppression), I use other stimulamt products only if I absolutely have to, and mostly just for energy. For the past 1.5-2 months, I have been consistently using them on a WEEKLY (but not DAILY) basis. (Other than Lumatol), the products that I have been using for stimulation/energy, over the past 1.5-2 months, are ANSI's Hydroxadrine and Ergopharm's AMP. I primarly use these products for pre-workout stimulation, and occasionally for energy even if I don't have a workout, (if my energy levels are real bad). I will use Basic Cuts in place of these products and see how it compares.

Basics:
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'3"
    Weight: 110.75
    BF: 16% (October 8th, 2005); to be taken again within this week

Workouts (general):
    Cardio: (intense) 60-62 min, 6x/week (mostly the elliptical, but starting to do some running again);
    Weights: 2-3x/week - i'm just switched up my routine to what i was doing back in '98* (when i was <10% bf); basically it's full body, 2 sets/exercise (for a total of 24 sets)... but the sets are a MINIMUM of 2 minutes in length, w/ a minute rest between sets (it is a really gruelling/"endurance" type workout; awesome for toning/avoiding bulking up). this takes ~ 45-50 min. then i take a five min rest, and then finish with "the mega set" (72 reps) on the gravitron - consisting of 3 sets of 12 reps of dips, supersetted with 3 sets of 12 reps of pull-ups ("normal", side grip, and wide grip). i do the gravitron at "normal" speed (as opposed to super slow like the rest of my workout)
    Abs: 2-3x/week, 2 exercises supersetted (35 reps each) X 3 for 210 reps/ab workout

Supplements
    Maintaince and/or Medication
    1. Multi w/ iron (by Designs For Health) – 1 serving/day
    2. Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM complex (1/2 serv./day of Arthrosoothe by Designs For Health, and 1/2 serv./day of Arthogenx by Biogenesis)
    3. Calcium w/ magnesium (500-750 mg/day of Pioneers's microcrystalline
    hydroxyapetite formula, and 333 - 666 mg/day of Pioneer's calcium citrate formula)
    4. BCAA's (Prolab) – 1 serving/day
    5. Glutamine (Biochem) - 1g/day
    6. EFA's (Designs For Health) – 1 servings/day
    7. Vitamin K (Vitamin Research Products) – 2-3 servings (= 3-4.5 mg/day)
    8. Vitamin C complex (Pioneer) – 3-4 servings/day (= 3-4 g/day Vit C)
    9. Prescription Vitamin D – 50,000 IU 1x/every 3 weeks
    10. Prescription Potassium – 1 tablet/day
    11. Miacalcin (Novartis) – 1 spray/day
    12. Testosterone – 2 mg/day (RELAX! it's a prescription )
    13. N-Acetyl-L-Carnosine (Can-C eye drops) – 1 drop per eye, 1-2x/day
    (14). Digestive enzymes (Tyler Similase) – 0-6 capsules/day, “as needed”
    (15). Fiber – Inulin (FiberChoice) – 0-6 tablets/day, as needed
    16. Cissus quadrangularis (Cissus RX by U S P labs) – 9 capsules (5.4 g)/day

Other: to combat EXTREME fatigue and EXCESSIVE overeating (5,000-6,000+ cals/day); all are taken on an “as needed” basis (which usually means daily)
    17. Cinnergen (NutraLab) – 1 serving/day
    (18). Hoodia Gordonii (Desert Burn) 0 – 1.5 grams (0-2 capsules)/day, as needed
    (19). Thermogenics (right now my “arsenal” consists of Iron Tek’s Lumatol, ANSI’s Hydroxadrine (ephedra version), and Ergopharm’s AMP)... and now Basic Cuts!!!
    (20). Sleeping aides - Shiff's Knock Out (0-1 tablet/day) OR Tylenol's Simply Sleep (Diphenhydramine HCl) (0-2 tabs/day), as needed
    (21). 6-Oxo (Ergopharm) – 0-6 capsules (= 0-2 servings/day), as needed (usually not taken on a daily basis; usually just 2 caps/day, a few days/month)
    22. Blaze (SAN) - 2 caps/day - i'm doing a "cycle" right now; i may make it a "regular" supp though because my "thyroid" hormones are deficient to begin with; (i'll make my decision of if/when/how often to cycle after getting more (post-cycle) bloodwork)
    Last edited by dressagerulz23; 11-01-2005 at 01:07 PM.
    I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end it doesn't even matter...

user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100) user12jf is not very well liked. (-100)
    Good luck looking forward subscribed

dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dressagerulz23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Experience with other Thermos

I didn't want my background post to be too long, so I've decided to use this post to describe (mainly by copying/pasting from descriptions I've already written) my experiences/how I respond to other thermo/stim products. I think will be very useful because not all people respond in the same way; so if you find that you respond similarly to me, for some of the products I've used, then you might find my Basic Cuts log more useful/meaningful. If not, then hopefully you respond similarly to one of the other testers

I started using stims/thermos midway thru 2001, and my complete usage of thermo/stim products is a work in progress. Therefore, I will post for you my experiences of the 4 stim products I've used in the past month. I will also list other stim/thermo products that i've used prior to this, and if you are interested in how I respond to any of these, feel free to ask (or even try doing a search; i'm such something will come up, as i love to share my experiences with stims ). Here are the stim/thermo products (listed alphabetically by company) that i've used/tried this past month:

ANSI's Hydroxadrine (ephedra version) - gives me a VERY nice high for an ephedra thermo blend/stim; i've NEVER "crashed" on it/experienced the "letdown effect," as some prefer to call it, and there's MUCH more of a "zap" ("kick in the @$$" feeling) to it than AMP, but both supplements have advantages, depending on the circumstance. Unlike AMP, which takes ~2 hrs. for me to kick in, I usually start to feel the Hydroxadrine kick in ~20-30 min (altough sometimes it's taken 45-1hr.); the discrepencies, (with this, as well as with other stims/thermos), i'm assuming, are due to factors such as how much sleep (or lack of ) i've gotten, my degree of hypoglycemia, when i've last eaten, etc. (could even be slight variations in the amt. of product in the capsule). The Hydroxadrine, (as I find with almost all ephedra products), also provides excellent concentration/focus/mood-enhancement.

Ergopharm's AMP - this supplement is like in a class of it's own in the type of high/energy - there are NO jitters ("clean" energy, as soon call it); it's very weird, but i like it - weird cuz it gives me this "calm"/very sustained type of energy/high... like, i'll feel like i can workout for HOURS, yet a the same time, if i wanted to, i could go to sleep. I also experienced NO crash/letdown effect (EVER) from AMP. I find the mood-enhancement/focus/feeling of well being to be incredible as well! I've also noticed quite a few times that if I'm a little sore/tight from a previous day's hammering on the cardio that it the AMP will dampen my preception of the soreness/tightness (I've also found this to be true of a few other thermo blends as well). Another thing about AMP is that it (2 caps taken at once) usually takes 1.5-2 hours to START to kick in (and peaks around 3-4 hrs., give or take); it lasts ~6-8.

Shocker Nutrition - Thermo Lean Extreme - i just did a complete review on this! to save space, here ya go! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=614392

VPX - Redline (as well as other yohimbie containing products - specific differences are noted) - (In journal-entry format, here is the account of my 1st, and sofar only, experience with Redline): OMFG... at first i thought it was the caffeiene that i couldn't handle... i always wondered WHAT the heck was in "T-rex" (Themorexin) that made it so incredile... (probably a combination of stuff/the synergestic effect), but today i had 2/3 of a can of Redline - 1/3 can at 11:00 AM and 1/3 can at 3:30 PM - and i am still wired (it's now 11:30 PM)...

it really is incredible though cuz w/ "T-rex" the high was this out of control, "crazy" kind of high where i was so tense that i felt like i was gonna tear a tendon or something (i actually did tear a tendon in my shoulder from it last december and haven't touched it since)... but with redline, the high felt like the incredible, sustained energy of AMP - with the added "zing" that ephedra has. i probably didn't feel crazed cuz i only took 2/3 of the can - and 4.5 hours apart. i can imagine the stuff would most likely have made me CRAZY (like T-rex had) if i had taken the entire can at once.

i still can't believe it...

ANSI's Hydroxadrine (ephedra version) - helps me BLAST thru an hour of cardio, feeling like i can do more at the end... then after i stretch, and cool down, the ephedra buzz wears off gradually; no crash...

then there's AMP - doesn't give me the intense feeling like ephedra, but the high gives me so much "sustained" energy that i can BLAST thru an hour of cardio just like with ephedra... and feel like i can keep going for hours when i'm done... but then when i finish, it's almost like AMP allows me to sleep better...

and then there's yohimbie (Redline) - 4 hours after 1/3 of a can, i BLAST thru an hour of cardio - with the zap that ephedra gives me and the endurance of AMP - and now (2 hours after i've been back from the gym) - i feel like i can EASILY do another 2-3 hours if i had a treadmill/elliptical at home!

this sh!t's crazy!

well, that's it for now; hopefully that will help some of you! i'm off for a meal now, then i'll give you guys the list of a few more stims I promised ya, that I've used prior to this month.

Okay, here's the list (in ~chronological order, starting with the least recent, since its easier to remember that way); and this list is by no means complete - there are some products that i remember what the package looked like by can't remember the name/company; and other products i'm sure i'm just forgetting altogether:

-Cytodyne Technologies - Xenadrine RFA-1
    -TrimLife
    -Dexatrim (ephedra free)
    -MeltRx 24 Ultra
    -Metabolife Ultra
    -Metaboloss (ephedra version)
    -Al****en Biotech - Zotrin™ for Women
    -Cytodyne Technologies - Xenadrine EFX
    -Zoller Labs - Zantrax-3
    -BSN - Thermonex (ephedra version)
    -BSN - ThermonexEF
    -MuscleTech - Hydroxycut (ephedra version)
    -MP Technologies - Thermorexin
    -Biotest - MD6

gosh, it feels like i'm missing a bunch too! i can always add later though. Now, as far as using Basic Cuts is concerned, (like i said before), I only use stims/thermo products when i absolutely have to, (for energy); not like someone who is doing an actual cutting cycle, for example, and has a set "stim schedule"/day. therefore, i will be consistent on a weekly, rather than daily, basis.... which is still pretty often - i've been needing additional stimulation (besides the 1 cap of Lumatol/day), ~3-4x/week... although the last 1.5 weeks, it's been almost every day, courteosy of having to be in work pretty early because i was teamed up with a "morning person," (who likes to begin the workday at 7:30 AM), to finish this project. luckily the project was completed last friday, but (because SHE messed up on a portion of it), the boss wants her to redo it; (which means i get stuck arriving at work tomorrow at 7:30 AM... and i'm gonna end up getting about 4.5 hrs. sleep tonite... and may even double weights/cardio tomorrow at the gym...

...so in other words, i am VERY likely to need the Basic Cuts tomorrow. my plan is to start off with a "pre-workout" cap (1/2 serv. around 2 PM, just incase this stuff turbo charges me like yohimbie... or like Lean Extreme. after i find how long it takes to kick in (as well as how long it takes to wear off ), i will adjust the timing (in relation to my workout) accordingly.
    Last edited by dressagerulz23; 10-31-2005 at 10:54 PM.

Tuesday 11/1/05

On days that I use Basic Cuts, I will first post a "recap" (=timing of supplements,* meals, and workouts), followed by the details. This format seemed to work well for my Blaze/Lumatol logs. *Supplements listed in the recap are #16-22; all other supps (maintaince) are split ~ evenly over the course of my 4 meals/day.

Tuesday 11/1/05 recap:
    6:45 AM - 1 cap (750 mg) Desert Burn Hoodia gordonii
    7:05 AM - 1 serv. Cinnergen & 3 caps (1 serv; 1.8g) Cissus Rx
    9:20 AM - 1 cap Blaze
    12:00 PM - Meal #1 & 3 caps (1 serv; 1.8g) Cissus Rx
    12:40 PM - 1 cap Lumatol
    3:45 PM - 1 cap (1/2 serv.) Basic Cuts
    4:55 PM - Meal #2
    5:15-7:45 PM - weights/stretches/cardio (~62 min elliptical)/stretches
    8:40 PM - Meal #3

Well, last night I ended up getting only FOUR hours of sleep and was a WALKING ZOMBIE today. The Lumatol is much like AMP in that - if I am tired (let alone EXHAUSTED!) to begin with - I can literally fall asleep on it. Although I felt stimulated from it, it was a calm, sustained feeling, (NO kick in the @$$), and I found myself having to pry my eyelids open. Needless to say, I am in definite need of a kick in the @$$ before today's workout!

I'm still not sure if I'm going to do cardio today (but I've dosed my Basic Cuts, and timed my meals as if I am, so I think I'm gonna go for a double! ). I've done 5 straight days of cardio and tomorrow would normally be my day off, if I go my usual 6 straight; sometimes when day 6 is a lifting day, I'll take day 6 off from cardio (that way I avoid a COMPLETE day off from the gym).

Right now it's been about 45 min since I took my 1/2 serving of Basic Cuts. Right now I am starting to feel a real good kind of energy - feels like a "sustained" kind of energy, similar to AMP, but definitely with the added zing of something like ANSI's hydroxadrine. I will say up front that today is not a good test (or maybe it's an excellent test, depending on how you look at it), considering my state of sleep deprivation (on days like today, I usually don't even FEEL my ANSI Hydroxadrine, until I get on the cardio machine and feel some added "zig" in my legs); so if Basic Cuts performs well today for me (when I am very much sleep deprived), that says a lot for this supplement.

I'm about to have my 2nd meal of the day and then go RIGHT to the gym. When I double weights/cardio back 2 back, I start my lifting workout pretty much "right after" (20-30 min after) my meal; that way I have energy to get through both workouts. On a day like today, if I were to have used ANSI's Hydroxadrine, I would have used it immediately before starting my lifting workout, to optimize the effects; however, I decided to take Basic Cuts a little earlier (for my 1st time), incase it makes me CRAZED like yohimbie (or Thermo Lean Extreme).

Wow - 50 min mark... i'm really starting to feel some nice energy!
    Last edited by dressagerulz23; 11-01-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dressagerulz23

The Lumatol is much like AMP in that - if I am tired (let alone EXHAUSTED!) to begin with - I can literally fall asleep on it.
    Same here, i've also noticed that if taken with other caffeine sources, it decreases the AMP goodness.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    On board.........LOVE the details.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

I'm not a "rep," and most "reps":
    1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

http://www.drivensports.co.uk/
    http://www.getds.com/

Originally Posted by uhockey
    On board.........LOVE the details.
    and there are lots to come!!! this is going to take a little while to type up, and i'm going to work on that now, but i'll just say for now, that i was XTREMELY satisfied with my experience.

Appetite Suppression (just some "things" to be aware of; and an explanation of why i could not judge Basic Cuts today in this category)
    i didn't notice strong appetite suppression before eating... however, there was excellent appetite control during the meal (my "fullness hormones" kicked in during the meal, and i felt satisfied at the end). for those of you that don't already know about my hormonal imbalance, (which drives me to overeat SEVERELY and cause me extreme fatigue), i can eat (and HAVE done so on many occasions) 2000+ calories in ONE sitting... and not even feel full ("chemically"/hormonally).

the reason i am unable to judge Basic Cuts today, in terms of appetite suppression, is that i CANNOT differentiate the appetite suppression/control given by Lumatol, (if you check out my Lumatol log, you'll know what i mean)... but in short, suffice it to say that Lumatol is VERY strong in this regard... so strong that on several occasions, i've literally had to "force feed" myself... 4-5 after taking it. lately, i've gotten into a rhythm with the timing of my eating/workouts: a very late meal #1, of ~580-615 cals, followed by a smaller pre-work meal #2. this timing of meals/workouts allows my to experience excellent appetite suppression (before my 2nd meal), as well as excellent appetite control during the meal, w/o meal 2 feeling like a torturous force feed. anyways, if i don't get XTREMELY hypoglycemic after my 1st meal, i will try taking Basic Cuts (in place of the Lumatol) so that i can review it's appetite suppressing effects...

...but when i do, keep in mind that, because of my f*cked up hormone levels, a product that gives ME "mild" appetite suppression, may DESTROY the urge to eat for most ppl. quick example - when my hormonal imbalance was REAL bad, i've had 5-6,000+ cals in a day ON EPHEDRA products... and up to 3,000 cals in a day on Hoodia gordonii
    Last edited by dressagerulz23; 11-01-2005 at 07:52 PM.

Energizing Effects
    okay, enough on appetite suppression... time for what most of you are really interested in: the energizing effects!

but first, a little disclaimer: in one way, today was a terrible day to test a new product because i was EXTREMELY sleep deprived (got four hours of sleep last night). just for a comparsion, the day after (or sometimes it takes 2 days to hit) a night of 4 hrs. sleep, i'll typically BARELY felt any energizing effects - in the PM - from ANSI's Hydroxadrine or AMP... and if i'm tired enough to need stimulation in the AM, i typically feel no energy from these products what so ever, in the same amounts that i take when not sleep deprived (the way i know they are working, (when taken in the AM, when sleep deprived), is that i am extremely exhausted, but awake. in other words, the point i'm trying to make is, on a day like today, if i felt hardly anything from Basic Cuts, it's not saying much against the supplement, for i pretty much feel nothing from my top thermos/stims (yohimbie the obvious exception ), when this sleep deprived. if, however, i actually did get some energizing effects when this sleep deprived, (and i sure as hell did!)... now that says a lot for Basic Cuts.

okay, one last thing before my experience, in terms of energy, with Basic Cuts. i will give you a "run-down" of what usually happens given the circumstances, (this will give you guys a "head to head" comparison of how incredible Basic Cuts was).

The conditions: it's a lifting day, during the work week, and i am extremely sleep deprived and exhausted from fighting to keep my eyes open all day at work. it's also day 6 of cardio (if i actually do cardio). typically, when i have a double workout planned (weights and cardio), i like to do a "split" double (meaning, a meal & a few hours rest in between weights and cardio), rather than a "back 2 back" double (one meal RIGHT before both workouts, which are done with "no rest" in between - weights are always first, then ~ 20 min of stretching, then ~1hr. cardio). now, as i said in an earlier post, when i've done 5 straight days of cardio (and day 6 is a lifting day AND a work day... and i am sleep deprived on top of that), I'll typically take day 6 off from cardio. and i RARELY do a back to back double on work day to begin with, since i'm kind of tired from being in work all day... let alone when sleep deprived.

Such a day without Basic Cuts: at the end of the work day, i'll battle to keep my eyes open; depending on what kind of stimulation i want, i take either AMP or ANSI's hydroxadrine (oftentimes both are needed , just to say awake). i'll get to the gym feeling like i'm ready to fall asleep... and i'll nearly fall asleep in between sets; (but surprisingly, when i'm doing my sets, i almost feel like i get a BETTER workout when sleep deprived... maybe cuz i'm too tired to think about how hard i'm exerting myself). anywayz, almost immediately after the workout is when it hits me... i almost start to shake i am so tired... and on the way home from the gym, (despite turning the volume on my CD player loud enough to wake the dead), i usually come close to driving off the road at least once. i'll walk thru the door, have my 3rd of 4 meals, and then, within 30 min, literally collapse on my bed and sleep soundly for a few hours... only to awake at ~3-4 AM, hungry for my 4th meal, which i had slept thru. Cardio does not even come in to the picture, if such a day of sleep deprivation is (would be) day 6 for cardio.

Same conditions, but with Basic Cuts: about 35 min after taking it (still) at work; i'm not yet feeling buzzed/energized, but i realize i no longer have to FIGHT to keep my eyes open. ~45-50 i start to feel a mild buzz... and at ~1 hr. i thought, "oh sh!t, it's going to feel like yohimibie or Thermo Lean Extreme..." althoug i still felt tired from lack of sleep, i felt EXTREMELY energized; it did make me feel moderately jittery too - not nearly as much as with yohimbie containing thermos or Thermo Lean Extreme - but definitely not NEARLY as clean as AMP or ANSI's hydroxadrine (*in the beginning).

one thing that concerned me (this was ~1hr after taking Basic Cuts) was that my muscles felt mildly crampy. AMP and hydroxadrine do NOT make me feel this way; T-rex, on the otherhand, made me feel VERY crampy (and as i noted before, made me feel like i was gonna tear a tendon or something (i actually did tear a tendon in my shoulder from it having made me feel so crampy/"tense"). i did not feel nearly as crampy/tense with Basic Cuts, as i had on T-rex; however, i was still a little concerned... but with Basic Cuts, it was incredible... when i started my lifting workout, i still had incredible energy, but the jittery feeling and crampy/tense feeling in my muslces went away. i felt very powerful during my lifting workout, and as a result was even more smooth in my repeatitions (contrast with something like T-rex where i was F*CKING POWERFUL alright, but became MORE jittery/crampy/tense as i'd start to workout. so in otherwords, with Basic Cuts, when i had begun my workout, the energy became a "clean" feeling; during my lifting workout, this feeling was like the strong "kick in the @$$" feeling like i get from ANSI's hydroxadrine (but a bit stronger even!); furthermore, the concentration was PHENOMENAL - exactly that feeling of INCREDIBLE focus i get from AMP (but because of the kick in the @$$ feeling, it didn't make me feel like saying f*ck weights, i want cardio, in the middle of my lifting wrkout, like AMP sometimes does).

a very weird thing happened after my lifting workout: when i started to stretch before cardio, i felt jittery again and my muscles felt mildly crampy/tense. however, again, when i began to workout, the feeling was gone, and energy was a completely "clean" feeling.

during my stretches, after an hour of lifting, i definitely felt tired (sleep deprived), but in terms of my ENERGY LEVELS they were still very good. the INCREDIBLE focus (and mood-enhancement) i experienced during my cardio was again very much like AMP, easily lasting the entire workout, and well after (i still feel it now, although not quite as strong)... which leads me to another thing - there is definitely NO crash/"let-down"; if i'm going to "crash," i am MUCH more apt to do so on a day of sleep deprivation like today. the EXTREME focus is wearing off so gradually that i cant even notice it happening (my focus is still QUITE sharp).

back to cardio! the first 15 min felt like the typical kick in the @$$ i get on cardio/non-lifting days after i've had Hydroxadrine. from about 15-30 min, i felt almost exactly like i do during the peak of AMP (the "calmer"/sustained energy); now, the interesting thing (and only "negative" thing that happened) was at the 30 min mark: i felt pretty tired and (until i got my typical "2nd wind at ~the 50 min mark), cardio really felt like a real chore. Now, based on the fact that my legs felt VERY TIRED (from a week of hammering cardio), i was very sleep deprived to begin with, AND (including my lifting workout) i had been working out for 90 mintues total at this point, i was not disappointed at all with Basic Cuts. mentally, my focus was still excellent and made it much easier to get through my workout.

Other Effects
    I've already meshed a description in the "energizing effects" section:
    -EXCELLENT focus/mood-ehancement, which is very much like AMP in intensity; in duration, i'd have to say excellent as well, as i'm still experiencing these benefits and it was ~7 hours ago that i took Basic Cuts

whew! i think that's about it for now
    Last edited by dressagerulz23; 11-01-2005 at 08:08 PM.

uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) uhockey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No more logs for anyone else, Dressage gets 'em all now. Very nice.......very nice.
    My place in here at bb.com is as a fitness enthusiast and recommendations do not represent medical advice. Please consult your examining physician for all medical concerns.

1) are no more credentialed than you. 2) have no input and no understanding of their product formulations. 3) are merely paid in free product from the company they represent.

dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No more logs for anyone else, Dressage gets 'em all now. Very nice.......very nice.
    For real!!!! Wow!!! To many stims!!!!

Excellant work though.
    [ANS Performance Representative]

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Registered User italionstallion's Avatar
    italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) italionstallion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this is awesome dressage.

everything i ever wanted to know about this stuff and more

(much more )

haha! thanks guys! as a tester though, i owe it to ya!

dtrain - yes, i'm a "stim junkie" in that sense... but in terms of actual amounts, i get my $$$'s worth out of these products, as all it usually takes is a fraction of a serving to have effects... ESPECIALLY yohimibe containing products

TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    2 mg of test a day? wtf's the point?

dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dtrain13 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    haha! thanks guys! as a tester though, i owe it to ya!

dtrain - yes, i'm a "stim junkie" in that sense... but in terms of actual amounts, i get my $$$'s worth out of these products, as all it usually takes is a fraction of a serving to have effects... ESPECIALLY yohimibe containing products
    Hey I'm a stim addict myself.

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

Originally Posted by TakenbyTwelve
    She has a hormone imbalance.

Originally Posted by TakenbyTwelve
    it's prescribed to treat my osteoporosis; i can't take estrogen and/or progesterone, as i've tried and it makes me very sick (in addition to triggering some pretty bad overeating episodes)

CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000) CanadaBBOY is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just bought 4 bottles. I won't be posting a review (because they're for a few friends of mine that are female), but talk to them about how they like it and maybe post something up here about that.
    4k+ rep back ALL THE TIME YO, sup sup sup.

http://www.beyondtherack.com/member/invite/B555566

reps on site -Pakoe

Dressage, it has recently been brought to my attention that you are abusing laxatives in at least one of your (numerous) ongoing logs, in addition to a myriad of supplements, tackling LONG duration workouts on a relatively frequent basis, and your nutrition is.........well, lacking to say the least. I do not have time to go through them ALL at this exact moment, but suffice it to say that since you seem to understand physiology to a certain degree you should be well aware that this may cause dangerous electrolyte levels, secondary amenorrhea (esp since you do not have a "true" diagnosis besides "hormonal imbalance".) With this in mind I would like to say that while others at DS may not agree, from my background I would not condone these practices and wonder, perhaps, if you've ever seen a psychologist or dietician about your problems?

Dressage, it has recently been brought to my attention that you are abusing laxatives in at least one of your (numerous) ongoing logs, in addition to a myriad of supplements, tackling LONG duration workouts on a relatively frequent basis, and your nutrition is.........well, lacking to say the least. I do not have time to go through them ALL at this exact moment, but suffice it to say that since you seem to understand physiology to a certain degree you should be well aware that this may cause dangerous electrolyte levels, secondary amenorrhea (esp since you do not have a "true" diagnosis besides "hormonal imbalance".) With this in mind I would like to say that while others at DS may not agree, from my background I would not condone these practices and wonder, perhaps, if you've ever seen a psychologist or dietician about your problems?
    more to comment later, i'm on lunch break right now and dont have much time.

i am NOT abusing laxatives!!! for heavens sake, i've used them TWICE in my life - sunday nite, and last nite... a stimulant free forumla...

...and MY REASONING: because is suffer from XTRME consitpation to the point where it feels like i'm gonna have to call 911 every time i take a sh!T
    i bought a box of stim free laxatives to use ONLY until the herbal oxy powder i bought (or whatever the name of it was)

and i'd appreciate it if you ppl would stop accusing me of making it sound like i'm NOT trying to get help i've seen SEVERAL different types of doctors to correct my hormonal imbalance, and NONE have been very helpful to put it mildly (more details later), i've got to go.

oh, and one other thing - the constipation, fatigue, and my other issues i go thru are mainly due to sh!tty genetics and NOT my weight... on my dads side of the family, everyone is overweight... (or borderline obese). these family members (the ones i've talked to) have fatigue/energy issues, AS well as binge eating tendencies... in term of GI - my dad and his 3 living brothers ALL have polyps.. and his oldest brother just DIED of colon cancer...
    Last edited by dressagerulz23; 11-02-2005 at 08:06 AM.

TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TakenbyTwelve has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    it's prescribed to treat my osteoporosis; i can't take estrogen and/or progesterone, as i've tried and it makes me very sick (in addition to triggering some pretty bad overeating episodes)
    oh you're not a guy, nevermind.

apparently some don't like the details of my log. i apologize, i've always had problem with getting to detailed/writing too much (ever since i learned to write in like 1st grade). so from now on, i'll keep it short sweet and do away with the recap as well.

Wednesday 11/2/05 - no need for additional stimulation (other than the Lumatol, which is taken to improve my hypoglycemia)

***to cut out on detail, from here on out, i will make an entry only on days i use Basic Cuts.

apparently some don't like the details of my log. i apologize, i've always had problem with getting to detailed/writing too much (ever since i learned to write in like 1st grade). so from now on, i'll keep it short sweet and do away with the recap as well.

Wednesday 11/2/05 - no need for additional stimulation (other than the Lumatol, which is taken to improve my hypoglycemia)

***to cut out on detail, from here on out, i will make an entry only on days i use Basic Cuts.
    Incorrect. As a future health care professional I simply want to make sure you are healthy, but if you see it as otherwise, so be it.

look, (i'm gonna say again what i told pharm in another post): i truly appreciate your concern/intent to help. i'm just very upset because you did not get all the facts straight; and, you (or anyone else for that matter) really can't make a good judgement across the internet. i have seen ~20-30 doctors (endocrinologists, gynecologists, homeopathic, naturiopathic, phychatrists, psychologists, counselors, etc.) over the past few years. none have been able to help me much. experience with the "mental" docs (phychatrists, psychologists, counselors, etc.) almost always end the same way: after a few initial appointments of going over my blood work and several other tests i've had done, my lenghty struggle/details of what's been going on, etc. they apologize and say they are unable to help - that [i] was right all along in that i've definitely got something (physical) going on (and am handling it quite well, considering all i'd been thru). oftentimes, these visits end with a referral to (yet another) endocrinologist, gynecologist, homeopathic/naturiopathic doc, etc... all of which i follow up (but with no luck).

again, thank you for your concern and attempt to help, but can we please take further comments about this to PMs?

Saturday 11/5/05

I've decided to put my recaps back into my logs because I find it helpful for me/my own records; also, others on here may have found it useful as well.

So here ya go:

Saturday 11/5/05 recap:
    8:30 AM - 1 cap (750 mg) Desert Burn Hoodia gordonii & 1 cap Blaze
    10:20 AM - Meal #1 (586 cals)
    10:45 AM - 1 cap Lumatol
    12:30 PM - 1 cap (1/2 serv.) Basic Cuts
    1:30-3:00 PM - stretches/cardio/stretches
    3:55 PM - Meal #2 (547 cals) & 1 serv. Cinnergen
    4:10 PM - 1 serv. (1.8 g) Cissus Rx

Details: This was my 2nd time using Basic Cuts, and I was very satisfied. Many of the effects I experienced were very similar to my first experience. The supplement kicked in, like clock-work, at 45 min. I did not even look at my watch either (until I felt it kicking in)! I noted the time when I took it, and checked the time when I started to really feel it, and it was 45 min on the dot! And, like last time, at ~1-1.25 hrs. I felt it much stronger.

Another thing, which was almost identical to my first experience with Basic Cuts, was the jitteriness and crampiness i experienced BEFORE my workout. The jitteriness I'd consider mild, as opposed to moderate like the last time; crampiness was about the same as last time (not nearly as much as with yohimbie containing thermos or Thermo Lean Extreme, but definitely not NEARLY as clean as AMP or ANSI's hydroxadrine). I didn't care for this, especially the crampiness, but just like last time, it wasn't terrible and it went away COMPLETELY, and without a trace, as soon as I start my cardio workout.

The type of energy I experienced was similar to last time as well, but there were some differences. The energy during the first half hour felt exactly like a medium between AMP and ANSI's hydroxadrine - I got more of a kick in the @$$ feeling than with AMP (but not as much as with Hydroxadrine or Thermo Lean Extreme), and I felt more of the "sustained" type of energy than Hydroxadrine (but not that incredible "sustained" energy I get from AMP).

At the 30 min mark, I definitely did not feel tired like last time, but I did have to work a little harder because my legs felt slightly "tired" (I often get that feeling my 1st/2nd day back to cardio, after a day off, where my legs feel "tired" - not true tiredness, but like they need a workout or two to "wake up"). I must say both AMP and ANSI's Hydroxadrine are better at pushing through that type of tired feeling in my legs, but Basic Cuts still did a decent job in this regard. And I must note, with AMP (like yesterday) I've been taking a full serving - with Basic Cuts, I'm only taking 1/2 a serving; based on my experience with stims, the full serving of Basic Cuts would have DEFINITELY allowed me to push thru that tired feeling - but the crampiness would have been too much to handle).

Also, just like last time, the mental focus/concentration during my workout was excellent... and very long lasting - its ~5 hrs since I took ONE cap of Basic Cuts, and my concentration/focus is still razor sharp. The mood-enhancing effects were also excellent, and I am still experiencing these effects to a strong degree as well.

Other "effects" (WARNING: this is probably more information than most of you need to know but I'm posting it anyways because (a) it relates directly to Basic Cuts and (b) it may help some of you who also have G.I. trouble. However, if you don't have a problem with keeping the pipes cleaned you may want to skip this next bit.
    Okay, having said that, some of you may already know from reading my posts that I have a lot of G.I. trouble (keeping the pipes cleaned out ...despite having tried FIVE g/day of Vit. C and ingesting 30-40 g/day fiber!!!). Well, (despite a HUGE BM this morning ), the pipes were still very much backed up, and as a result, I was NOT looking forward to today's cardio workout. Well, almost IMMEDIATELY at the 45 min mark (when I felt Basic Cuts kick in), I "got the urge" (if ya know what I mean) and the BM was actually quite effortless (unlike usual where I feel like I'm gonna pop a vein in my forehead or something ). Most thermos, I found, are helpful in this regard anyways, but some less so than others. Basic Cuts was excellent in this category.

Very interesting. The PEA is proposed to induce an increase in dopaminergic tone and many cases of Parkinsons (too little central DOPA) present with severe constipation. They're not sure if this is CNS regulated or if the enteric nervous system itself relies on DOPA, but it could be related........

Very nice update. And considering it's pricepoint, we'll take any comparison to AMP that we can get.

Very interesting. The PEA is proposed to induce an increase in dopaminergic tone and many cases of Parkinsons (too little central DOPA) present with severe constipation. They're not sure if this is CNS regulated or if the enteric nervous system itself relies on DOPA, but it could be related........

Very nice update. And considering it's pricepoint, we'll take any comparison to AMP that we can get.
    thanks mike!

I must also say thats VERY interesting what you have pointed out about the dopamine and it's relation to the enteric NS... because I've struggled for with the constipation for quite some time (> 1 yr).... HOWEVER, i experienced a period of ~4 months when i was practically normal (still huge BM's), but as far as constipation, it would occur only ~1X/month... as opposed literally almost every time I'd need to take a sh!t. Now, during this four month period, I had just started taking Hoodia gordonii AND I did not overeat once. A friend of mine, who is a personal trainer, has written/writes several articles for bodybuilding.com, and is VERY well respected says that Hoodia feels "like it's acting via the dopaminergic pathway." Now, I've struggled with constipation since mid-June, despite taking 3-4.5+ g/day of Hoodia (versus the 1.2g/day i took from feb to mid-june)... BUT as I've said numerous times, from mid-June till ~1 month ago, I'd have an overeating episode every 3-10 days (and talk about the horrible constipation i'd experience after that.... ). I'm just puzzled as to why I am still struggling with constipation, since I have not overeaten in ~1 month, and my diet is the same as during that 4 month struggle free period. Currently, I have only been taking 1 cap (750 mg)/day) of the Hoodia, but towards the beginning of the month I was taking more than the 1.2g/day from feb to mid june).

okay, enough of that... back to Basic Cuts! I'm glad you like the comparison to AMP. If you want, I can give a little "head to head" summary/comparison of the various effects, as I've experienced thus far.

Another thing I was wondering about with Basic Cuts was the crampiness/mild jitteriness I experience BEFORE a workout... which goes aways COMPLETEY while I am working out, (but then returns, although to a much lesser degree, after my workout is over). Although i'm not crazy about the crampiness, it is definitely mildler than some other things i've taken (...and MUCH MUCH milder than T-rex!); AND, it goes away when i get into motion/start my workouts.

It could also just be me - I find that MOST decent quailty caffeine based thermos give me a crampy feeling to some extent. Contrarily, i usually experience NO crampiness (or extremely mild at worst) with ephedra based blends, (despite feeling more jittery, with some E based blends). AMP is an exception in that I don't feel the slightest bit of crampiness... but when i come to think of it, I've haven't experienced this with Lumatol either (ingredient profile here http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/iron/lum.html ). so, i'm wondering if its a certain ingredient that's causing the crampiness or a certain synergestic combination.

OMG! that ^ was my 1000th post! now i'm a true postwhore

Ok, I'm really interested now........seeing as how many postulate Dopamine to be one of the primary controls of the Fed state and most likely a part of the leptin signalling pathway as well (thus the hoodia functioning via dopaminergic pathways linked to decreased appetite.) Any sort of history of Parkinsonianism or Psychologic disease in the family?

Regarding the crampy feeling, it could be due to the caffeine (as you stated and many feel) or it could be reflux related due to the cayanne. I've not really heard anyone else complaining of this, although a couple have noted some "jitters."

mike - first of all, thanks for those rep points!
    that was over like a 50% increase from where i was at!

to answer you question - i've always been one to be very interested in the medical details of my family history, yet as far as I know, there is no history of Parkinsonianism or Psychologic disease in my family. I will ask my parents when they get home to be sure though.

...but speaking of "family history," yesterday one of my cousins (male; 23 yrs.) - on my DAD's side of the family - was diagnosed with diabetes.

mike - i should have put this somewhere in the beginning, as at NOTE TO ALL or something like that - as far as my cramping, i don't think others will have a problem with it. I NEVER had a problem with cramping either - until my initial cramping "accident"/"episode" back in March of 2004, for which the circumstances were very strange. My reason for mentioning the cramping is that certain thermos (AMP, Lumatol, and most ephedra blends) do NOT cause cramping. So, in otherwords, if the cramping were 100% due to my hormonal state, then I should experience it with all thermos. This is not the case; therefore, I decided to make note of it.