Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

DoTheRobot's Scivation/Primaforce Transformation Contest Log - Bulking

Scivation/Primaforce Transformation Contest: DoTheRobot - Lean Bulk

Whether or not I stand a chance at winning is not important to me, the main reason I'm entering is to keep myself motivated. If I keep a log of what I do everyday and hear what others think than I can know what I need to change and hopefully recieve some encouragement.I plan on joining the Army in January so I want to stay in shape and will be running and doing pushups while trying to add as much muscle mass as possible.

Workout History: I was very unactive for a couple of years and although I did not get fat I was horribly out of shape. I have been working out on and off since I was about 16 but I was only doing bodyweight exercises. About 8 months ago I thought I was gonna get serious and train hard so I bought some dumbbells and my family has a bowflex (No one say anything..I know...I know). I started working out a couple times a week and eventually did see some results(The first time I thought I was gonna get serious it didnt turn out that way but the second is still going now).After visiting this website and reading lots of post and buying some supps from here I decided to join a gym and kick it up a notch.On October 12 I joined a gym and got a 3 month deal.I have been working out about 4-5 days a week and staying between an hour and 2 hours each time.

Current Stats -

Height:5'11"
    Weight:165 lbs
    Body Fat % Guess:12-14%
    Measurements-
    arms:14.5"
    thighs:22.5"
    neck:15.5"
    calves:15.5"
    chest:39"
    waist:34"
    forearms:12"

I don't have a proper tape measure to do this so I wrapped a strap around each part and used a tape measure.Also, I do not know how to measure my forearms properly so I just let my arm hang with my forearm flexed and measured.

Diet: I have been eating clean for a few months now and eliminated my favorite drink, Moutain Dew.I drink lots of water throughout the day and with meals I drink a can of diet mountain dew or a glass of milk depending on the meal.Throughout this bulk the plan is to just eat some extra oats and when I get my protien that will help also.Last week I gained about 5 lbs and only added the oats, I had even run out of protien.I be specific when I post my meals.

Supplements: I had ordered some supplements a while back and never used them because I wasnt working out as planned (Off and On).I will be taking the following (Syntrax Nectar and Higher Power Liquid Amino Complete should arrive tommorow, I used $50 store credit from WOTW) :

Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy
    Higher Power Liquid Amino Complete
    BSN Nitrix
    Muscletech Hydroxy Cut
    ABB Glutamine
    Higher Power CEE
    AST Multi Pro 32x

I've had the last four for a while and used them a few times. I have used the glutamine after almost every workout and although lots of people say it doesnt work, maybe its mental cause I don't seem as sore after I take it.
    Used CEE for a while and seemed to work well till I quit.The nitrix took once and got diahrrea and was puking at the same time.After that I didnt take it for a while till recently when I took 1 at a time and had no problems.I will post what I use each day aswell.I should be ordering some Xtend in a week or two along with more protien, I'm thinking about watermelon for the Xtend and until I try the Syntrax Nectar I dont know what type of protien.

Goal:The goal is to gain as much muscle mass as possible and increase my max pushups at the same time.I know lots of people who can do 100 easy but for me they have always come hard.I can currently do 55 and I'm hoping for atleast 80.I havent been running in a while but I know this is a point for improvement.I hope to do the 2 mile run in under 15 minutes.I would like to get my chinups to atleast 15.

Plan:I will be using a 5 day split and it will most likely change from week to week or every two weeks as needed.I also plan to do 4 sets of max pushups 3 times a week and run 3 times a week. I will be spending as much time as needed in the gym to get my workout done and will post everything I do.Today was an off day and tommorow is chest and shoulders.I was going to change up my routine this week but tuesday is my grandmas birthday and she will be 70 so I have to help setup and probably have an early cheat meal.

Next post will be tommorow so if anyone has any questions or comments I will respond as soon as I get home from the gym.I read quite a few of the other journals everyday just to see what everyone is up to so if you have a journal leave me a link and I'll check it out.Reading accomplishments that others have made is always inspirational and motivating.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 10-31-2005 at 05:02 PM.
    See Jay "Mr.Incredible" Cutler Here: [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=601776[/url]

DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

few more pics

few more pics

All the pictures, except for the mirror one, were taken using my cell phone and the self timer feature so I didnt get to see how I looked till afterwards.I look so weak but oh well, more need to change.
    Attached Images
    See Jay "Mr.Incredible" Cutler Here: [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=601776[/url]

nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man. I'm starting from about the same point you are, so it should be really interesting to compare how we do throughout the contest. Good luck!

Originally Posted by nextteenamateur
    Hey man. I'm starting from about the same point you are, so it should be really interesting to compare how we do throughout the contest. Good luck!
    Thanks and Good Luck to you too nextteenamateur!!!It will definitely be intersting to compare to someone with similar stats.

Today -

9:30 a.m. - Morning Supplements:
    1 nitrix, 1 hydroxycut, 1 ast multi 32 pro - with 32 oz of water

10:00 a.m. - Breakfast:
    one serving of frosted mini wheats and one cup of oatmeal

11:45 a.m. - Workout at gym till 1:25 p.m.

1:45 p.m. - Got home to find UPS package from BB.com,it was just in time.
    1 scoop of Syntrax Nectar in 12 oz of water and one cap full of Higher Power
    Liquid Amino Complete.I just recieved these two products and a towel.
    ($49.66 of $50 sotre credit is pretty good)

Also had a serving of ABB glutaforce and HP CEE but I forgot to take the CEE this morning.

3:30 p.m. - Lunch:
    Turkey Cheddar Sub & a diet Mountain Dew

5:00 p.m. - OATS
    Cup of oatmeal with 2% milk

6:20 p.m. - 4 sets of max pushups

7:20 p.m. - Dinner:
    Two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

Around 8:00 - 8:30 I will have another bowl of mini wheats and another scoop or two of Syntrax Nectar.

Todays Diet:

Frosted mini wheats with 2% milk -
    Calories:330
    Fat:6g
    Carbs:60g
    Protein:14g

Cup of Oats with 2% milk -
    Calories:430
    Fat:11g
    Carbs:66g
    Protein:18g

Syntrax Nectar -
    Calories:90
    Fat:0g
    Carbs:0g
    Protein:23g

Liquid Amino Complete - (capful not serving size so this is a 3/4 of serving guess)
    Calories:69
    Fat:
    Carbs:
    Protein:17g

Turkey Cheddar Sub - Wheat Sub Roll + Deli Select Turkey + Cheddar Cheese
    Calories:445
    Fat:17g
    Carbs:46g
    Protein:26g

About 1 1/2 cups of Oats
    Calories:645
    Fat:16g
    Carbs:99g
    Protein:27g

Two Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches - whole wheat white bread *new stuff no flakes or crap on it
    Calories:780
    Fat:26g
    Carbs:112g
    Protein:28g

Syntrax Nectar -

Todays Total -
    Calories:3209
    Fat:82g
    Carbs:443g
    Protein:190g

Todays Workout -
    11:45 a.m. - 1:25 p.m. :
    Chest and Shoulders - not in order
    Machine Bench Press for warm-up: 60 x 20 and finished workout with 100 x 12 with a grip of palms facing in.

Bench Press: 115 x 15, 135 x 8, 135 x 8, 155 x 6, 115 x 12 Note:No spotter and I used a wider grip.I rested a minute or two in between sets and really watched my form. This is the second time Ive Benched ever.

DB Incline: 30s x 12, 40s x 9, 45s x 6 Note:Bad form on the last set so I went over to the incline machine.Next time I will stick with the 40s and go real slow focusing on form.

Incline Machine: 80 x 8 slowly and after DB Incline.Added another set of 80 at the end of workout.

DB Flyes: 30s x 8 immediately after 30s incline

Chest Dips: 8 about 30 secs after 40s Incline and 8 at end of workout

Pec Dec type Machine Flyes:60 x 10, 80 x 8

Fly and rear Delt Machine Flyes Supersetted with reverse flyes:60 x 15, 80 x 12, 80 x 10

Cable Crossovers:60 each side x 12, 80 each side x 10, 80 each x 8 Note:I've never done these before and I think I did them wrong so I'll find a vid and do them right next time.

Arnold Press: 30s x 10, 30s x 8, 20s x 12

Side Lateral machine & Machine Shoulder Press Super Setted: 40 x 12 & 60 x 8, 50 x 8 & 60 x 8, 50x4-40x4-30x6-20x8 dropset & 80 x 6 (I don't think this is exact, I think I did a couple more sets seperately.)

DB Front Laterals Alternating:15s x 8 each arm

DB Side Laterals: 15s x 8, 15s x 8 + front laterals alternating 15s x 5 each arm

Workout News -
    This may not be exact because I did alot of this out of order.Most of my other workouts are more organized but I'm still trying to find what I like for my chest and shoulders.

Today was okay but I didnt ever really get my chest pumped up good.Starting with the bench was great and it went down from there as far as chest goes.My shoulder workout was alright but I am thinking about putting shoulders with another boday part and setting an organized workout for them aswell.I still need to do pushups tonight so that should give
    me a little extra work on the chest and shoulders.

Next week I will do inclines on bench or machine and I might try declines.I will also try more DB Flyes.Let me here some suggestions about a organized workout that will work my chest and whether or not I should change what day I do my shoulders.I was thinking Chest and Mid Back for the whole push pull thing like I do with my arms, what do you think?

Supplement News -
    I am not going to take the AST multi pro anymore because it is horrible, this is why I had not used them all a while back.I feel sick just opening the bottle,
    the smell makes me wanna puke.I really don't think I need 300%-2000% of a D/V for vitamins, I should be getting enough through food.I will be takig a multi though just not AST.I have some OneADay Mens Health I will take instead.It will probably still cause the brite yellow piss effect as most multis do.I forgot to take CEE before my workout but I took it afterwards.I will have to remember to take it before and after next time.

The Syntrax Nectar Apple Ecstasy is pretty good and won't use up all my milk.I will probably order another bottle and another 10 pounder of NLargeII cause it taste great and I'm hooked on it.The Liquid Amino is really gross but I dont take it the often. I dont know if I'm going to increase the Nitrix for a while because I fear the side effects. I read some reviews and I guess some people can't handle as much AAKG as others.

I think I stated it in my first post but withing a week or two I'll be ordering Watermelon Xtend.

Diet News -
    Before now I was only eating around 1500-2000 calories a day and it was basically the same stuff just not the oats.

I want to get in atleast 3000 a day and since my new protein doesnt have but 90 cals I have to eat alot more.

As far as the peanut butter and jelly for dinner, when my mom doesnt cook I make whatever we have and it looks like I need to go to the store.Tommorow is my grandmothers birthday and I'll eat whatever I can that I like.
    (I'm a really picky eater unfortunately)

HHHHEEEELLLLPPPP!!! - I do my shopping at Winn Dixie and I think I should add some skinless boneless chicken to my diet.Where can I find this alread made where I can just put it in the microwave or put it in the oven and store it in the fridge?I used to eat this at my grabdmothers house and it was always good cold.

Final Thoughts:
    I will be adding different stuff to my diet depending on what my family eats :Rice, Spaghetti, and Chili to name a few.I thought my Bench Pressing went great today considering it was only the second time I have done this.Last week I started with 135 after doing a warm-up on a machine and couldnt lift it properly , the bar was leaning from one side to the other.Today it was pretty easy to keep straight and I used good slow form for the most part. I have been eating almost the exact same thing for about a month minus the oats and occasionally had a pbj but mostly real food.I would also consume one Nlarge II shake after each workout and it had quite a bit more calories,fat,carbs,and 52g of protein (that was 4 scoops which is one serving so if I up the scoops of Syntrax I could easily get more protein but cannot buy it in bulk).I was gonna take tommorow off since I have to help with my grandmothers b-day and didnt want to do another leg day that leaves me crawling for 3 days after.I think I might go in for a light leg workout tommorow and do another leg day on friday but I'll update you with my final decision.Thanks for stopping by and good luck to everyone thats competing in this contest!!!
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 10-31-2005 at 06:15 PM.

Ill do a full update later but wanted to note that I will be changing my diet.I will be going to the store tommorow and buying some boneless skinless chicken and some more oats.I'm also gonna get some food that my mom will cook (she wont cook very often).Tonight should yield a variety of food.I know there will be chicken, fruit, and rolls but there will definitely be more.I'll try to stay away from the cake.

dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    whoo hoo a bulker!
    Dito is like pussy. Either you love it or you're gay.

Turn around bright eyes

Tuesday

I was busy most of the day but I made time to go to the gym for a quick Workout.I did a light leg workout that lasted about 30-40 minutes.

Workout:

about 1:15 p.m. till 1:50 p.m.

Started with Leg Extensions for warm-up: 40 x 20

Front Squats: 70 x 20 on smith machine (didnt count bar and wont for any other exercise)

Squats: 70 x 20 on smith machine
    140 x 6 deep and about 6 more partials

Leg Extensions: 80 x 8 + 60 x 8 + 40 x 8 Dropset

Lying Leg Curls: 80 x 8 + 60 x 4 + 40 x 8 Dropset

I had to wait for a machine for the leg curls so I actually got a break but I didnt rest nearly as long as I normally do for squats.I cut my rest time in atleast half for squats.

Workout Note: I ran around for a while with my cousin on my back and wrestled with my uncle so I guess that was kinda cardio, it got me sweating quite a bit.

I can't be as specific with my diet today but I'll copy paste from yesterdays for whatever I ate that was the same.

DIET AND SUPPLEMENTS:

Breakfast:
    Bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats with 2% milk

Lunch:
    Turkey Cheddar Sub on white sub roll
    (different sub roll)
    Turkey Cheddar Sub - Wheat Sub Roll + Deli Select Turkey + Cheddar Cheese

Before Workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE

Liquid Amino Complete - (capful not serving size so this is a 3/4 of serving guess)
    Fat:
    Carbs:

After Workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE
    ABB GlutaForce
    Syntrax Nectar

Fat:
    Carbs:

Syntrax Nectar -

Dinner: 6:00? - 9:00?
    I kept eating and eating but I don't know the nutritional values of what I ate and I'm to tired to look it up.

1 fried chickenleg from walmart
    2 legs from whole fried chicken
    6 oz of turkey whole fried - guessed on amount
    4-5 rolls
    20-40 mini carrots
    10-15 strawberries
    2 small cheesecake squares

70-80 oz of water
    20-24 oz of diet mt. dew
    20-30 oz of mt. dew

EDIT: Went to fitday.com and got the following for my dinner but I dont know if they are correct.
    Totals
    Calories:1520
    Fat:61
    Carbs:127
    Protein:113

Snack:
    11:30 p.m. - Gonna eat some oats and a protein shake.

Syntrax Nectar -

Total without dinner
    Calories:1523
    Fat:34
    Carbs:172
    Protein:138
    I WILL EAT MORE TOMMOROW AND GO TO THE STORE

Total with dinner estimate =
    Calories:3043
    Fat:95g
    Crabs:299g
    Protein:251g

(not to bad if correct)

Final Thought -
    I had a lot of fun today and since today was a weak leg day I'm gonna go in on friday and hit them hard and heavy.Yesterdays chest workout must have been good because my chest pretty sore but my shoulder workout will have to change.Next week may look something like this:

Monday - Chest and Middle & Lower Back + Pushups
    Tuesday - Light Leg day & Cardio and Abs
    Wednesday - Lats & Upper Back and shoulders + Pushups
    Thursday - Arms and Abs
    Friday - Legs + Pushups
    Saturday - Abs & Cardio or maybe saturday off ???????
    Sunday - ???????

I decided I'm going to update my weight and pictures each month to show gains.

Arms are tommorow and I love arm day, I look forward to posting my workout.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-02-2005 at 11:17 AM.

Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    hey me too , arms is my favorite workout

Favorites = 1.Arms 2.Back/Chest 3.Shoulders .....20.Legs

Originally Posted by Fuerza_M
    hey me too , arms is my favorite workout
    Back Day used to be my favorite until I changed to doing Bis and Tris on the same day, my chest day might even tie back if I can organize it a little.I still dread a heavy leg day though, not being able to walk the next day really sucks.I noticed your contest log so good luck and keep working.

That reminds me about yesterday, my light leg day left me with hardly any soreness so I might go heavy tommorow or do my back

but I can't decide.

DIET AND SUPPLEMENTS:

Breakfast:
    Bowl of Frosted Mini Wheats with 2% milk

Frosted mini wheats with 2% milk - 2 Bowls
    Calories:660
    Fat:12g
    Carbs:120g

2 BSN Nitrix - (I havent been taking these throughout the day because I'm dumb and can't remember)
    1 Hydroxy cut - (I'm drinking alot less caffienated drinks so I figure this might help plus there just laying around.I will try to continue to take these and nitrix before breakfast and lunch each day,when I take them before dinner I can't sleep)

Lunch:
    (different sub roll)
    Turkey Cheddar Sub - *Wheat Sub Roll + Deli Select Turkey + Cheddar Cheese

Pre workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE

Fat:
    Carbs:

Post Workout:
    (not technically post workout since I had to go to the store first but the MM RTD was)
    Muscle Milk RTD from gym
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE
    ABB Glutaforce

Fat:
    Carbs:

MuscleMilk RTD
    Calories:350
    Carbs:17g
    Protein:34g

Dinner:
    2 hot dogs - Ball Park Bun Size Beef+Pork+Turkey + Bunny Bread Buns
    Calories:600
    Fat:37g
    Carbs:48g
    Protein:22g

Snack:
    Planters Sunflower Seeds -
    Calories:160
    Fat:14g
    Carbs:5g
    Protein:7g

Cup of Oats - I'm pretty sure I've been using more than a cup of oats but I dont measure:

Syntrax Nectar -

Cup of MOTTS Apple Sauce
    Calories:220
    Carbs:27g
    Protein:0g

Totals:
    Calories:3093
    Fat:88g
    Carbs:329g
    Protein:192g

Workout: Biceps & Triceps - from about 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
    (I'll include warm-ups too)

Triceps Extension Machine - 40 x 15 - really felt it in the Tri head closest to elbow

Dumbbell Curls - 15s x 15 (Except for when I mention cheating, all my db curls are done with everything but my arms perfectly still)

Slight arm pump after just these two workouts

Dips (Bars not Bench) - 15 (On All Dips I go as far down as I can and use real slow negatives)

Dumbbell Curls - 20s x 12

Dips (Bars not Bench) - 12

Dumbbell Curls - 25s x 10

Dips (Bars not Bench) - 12

Dumbbell Curls - 30s x 8 (last two I kinda cheated)

Dips (Bars not Bench) - 10

Dumbbell Curls - 25s x 8

SuperSets -
    Lying Close Grip Triceps Extensions & EZ Curl Bar Curls - about 6-8 inch grip on Triceps and same for close Biceps
    LCGTE Bar+30 reverse grip x 8 + EZ CB C widest grip allowed by bar x 12
    LCGTE Bar+30 x 15 + EZ CB C x4 widest x6 close (meant to start close but forgot)
    LCGTE Bar+40 x 10 + EZ CB C x10 widest
    LCGTE Bar+40 x 10 + Ez CB C x8 close (cheated on last two)

Tricep Pushdowns - about 20-30 sec rest in between close and reverse grip and a minute + before adding weight
    (Last week I started with more weight and ended with 140s but this week I really slowed it down especially on the negatives)
    80 x 15 close grip + 80 x 15 reverse grip
    100 x 12 CG + 100 x 10 RG
    120 x 10 CG + 120 x 9 RG

DB Hammer Curls - Ill just go heavy next time
    15s x 4, 20s x 4, 25s x 4, 30s x 4 with a little cheating on last two, 25 x 4, 20 x 4 - all performed with no rest

Tricep Extension machine -
    60 x 8

DB Hammer Curls -
    30s x 8

This was a very good workout for me and I had a whole arm pump going.For every exercise I really slowed down the pace with extra slow negatives and good form.Changing my "Technique" seemed to drop the weight some also.This was the first time Ive done Lying Triceps Extensions and next time I will go heavier.I really plan to go heavier on everything and when I order my protein and Xtend I'm might order a belt for dips so I can add weight.I think on my next arm day I'm going to add a few more exercises unless someone thinks this will do just fine.??????Let me know??????

Final Thoughts: I went to the store today and bought a whole lot of healthy food.I have peanuts and sunflower seeds and plenty of oats.I also bought some boneless chicken that was buy one get one free so I might go back soon for more.I plan on increasing my daily calories to atleast 4000-4500 next week.Why?Becuase I'm feeling real full almost all the time and maybe starting with 3000 to 3500 this first week and then upping it will get my body adjusted to it more easily.I understand this does depend on what I eat so it might be easier to increase the calories once I throw some new food in my diet.Does anyone have an opinion on this and whether or not I should just go for 4000-4500 now?Also do you think I should be taking my Hydroxycut before each meal with higher dosages or just lay off it while I'm bulking.(It helps a little with getting my ass up and with energy)

NOTE: I'm not gonna post my weight till atleast two weeks into bulk but I will say its looking good after only 3 days

Unless My Biceps are to sore Im gonna do my back tommorow.If anyone reads this tonight or early morning then let me know if I should wait on back to avoid overtraining Bis.Also, have you ever done supine rows and if so are they good for width or just thickness like other rows(I saw some kids doing them with plates on there chest and had to search for the name cause Ive never heard of them)

Felt like I left something out....Oh well
    EDIT: Calorie,Fat,Carbs,and Protein totals
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-02-2005 at 08:42 PM.

Flippin Idiot

I had it posted that I was having Sunflower seeds but I only listed cals,fat,etc... for one serving but when I opened the bag (about 5 minutes ago) I tore it down the middle on accident and spilt them all over my lap.I ate down to where the tear stopped and I had a little over 3 servings instead of one.

Overtraining???

My arms are pretty sore from yesterday and I havent made it in the gym yet.I can't decide whether or not I want to work my back or my legs today, or just make today a rest day and hit my back tommorow.Do you guys think its overtraining if I do my back today since I did my Bis yesterday?

Talking Back Day !!!!!

Well,I did my back today and it was ok.I asked if it was ok to do back after Bis in the exercise section and got a quick yes so I did.The arm soreness didnt hurt the workout much either so I may stick with this schedule.

Diet -

Breakfast:

Half Can of Pineapple Chunks -
    Calories:120
    Carbs:30g

Sunflower Seeds -
    Calories:160
    Protein:7g

Lunch:
    (different sub roll)
    Turkey Cheddar Sub - *Wheat Sub Roll + Deli Select Turkey + Cheddar Cheese

Bananna -
    Calories:110
    Fat:0
    Carbs:29
    Protein:1

Pre Workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE

Fat:
    Carbs:

Post Workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE
    ABB Glutaforce

Fat:
    Carbs:

Dinner:
    2 pieces Baked Boneless Skinless Chicken - each piece = about 6 oz
    Calories:390
    Protein:78g

2 Dinner Rolls -
    Calories:200
    Fat:3g
    Carbs:36g
    Protein:6g

Half Can of Pineapple Chunks -
    Calories:120
    Carbs:30g

Peanuts - Planters Dry Roasted
    Calories:170
    Protein:8g

Before Bed: What I will be eating before bed

Syntrax Nectar -

Cup of MOTTS Apple Sauce

Totals -
    Calories:3423
    Fat:91g
    Carbs:399g
    Protein:237g

Not quite 3500 but damn close.Everything is getting up where it should be and all I need to do is eat more.I don't know if its just being pumped or if its the creatine but my arms are looking/feeling a little bigger (when I was using CEE in the past I seemed I little bigger till I quit using it).

Workout - As with my previous workouts this week, I really slowed down the movement and watched my form.I went slower with the negatives and squeezed at the top of each exercise.My
    tris wore sore but my biceps werent as bad, it did seem like I shouldve had some heavier lifts in there though.Not the best back workout I've had but it was alright.I didnt start it off as planned due to how many people were in the gym.I was gonna superset pullups with stiff arm pulldowns cause that did wonders last week but couldnt get the space.

(includes Warm-up)

Machine Rows -
    60 x 10

Iso Lateral Front Pulldown - (Palms Away = PA | Palms Facing = PF)
    (I performed the first two sets with both arms and the 3rd + 4th alternating for most of the

reps)
    90 x 10 PA
    90 x 10 PF
    140 x 8 PA
    140 x 6 PF

Machine Rows -
    80 x 10
    100 x 8
    120 x 6

Stiff Arm Pulldowns -
    80 x 10 (Easy)
    100 x 10 (Easy)
    120 x 8 (Not Easy, shoudlve done 100,110,then 120 )
    (Of course after I finished these the pullup bar was free)

Pullups - (a little wider than shoulder grip)
    4 x slow
    Chins
    4 x slow
    CG Pullups
    3 1/2 x slow

One Arm DB Rows -
    45s x 10
    55s x 8

Hammer Chins? - Palms facing each other
    5 x slow

Wide Grip Pulldowns -
    120 x 10
    140 x 8

I normally do more rows and everything in a different order but for some reason I felt
    done.It actually felt like a good workout even though its not how I planned it.Since
    yesterday was arms I really tried to use my bis as little as possible during pull ups/downs
    and basically just gripped with my fingers and not my thumb (I heard this somewhere...I
    think it was on the fitshow and the guy used wraps).

NOTE: If you noticed on my arm day how I didnt work my forearms its becuase I don't feel I
    need to work them directly.My forearms seem like theyre big enough and that the secondary
    work they do should be enough.They get some work on arm day but today (And my last back
    workout) left my forearms pumped, mainly from the iso lateral.My triceps were sore and for
    some reason felt semi pumped but my Biceps were pretty pumped along with my back+lats.
    I hope to do my legs tommorow and maybe my abs.I just realized I havent done my abs this week so I'll definitely do something for them tommorow along with lower back.I decided against the 3x Pushups a week, I think 2 should suffice.I'm not to worried about it since when I did them monday I hadnt lowered my max like I've done in the past by not perfroming them regularly.Twice a week should be enough to stay atleast at the level I'm at and later on I'll add more.

No Gym Today

Don't worry about what I posted earlier if you read it.I did not have a way to get to the gym today and its time for an offday.

Diet (Ill update values tommorow but I'm tired) -

Bowl of mini wheats

Peanuts

bag of sunflower seeds

6 oz chicken

Peanuts

turkey cheddar sub

liquid amino

can of pineapple chunks

peanuts

oats

apple sauce

syntrax nectar

ABB Glutaforce

may have forgot something but oh well...I don't think eating went to good today.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-04-2005 at 09:14 PM.

Head feels weird.

Friday -
    Bowl of mini wheats

Peanuts

bag of sunflower seeds
    Calories:640
    Fat:56g
    Carbs:20g

6 oz chicken
    Calories:195
    Protein:39g

Peanuts

turkey cheddar sub

liquid amino
    Fat:
    Carbs:

can of pineapple chunks
    Calories:240

peanuts

oats - had this listed but could not eat any

apple sauce

syntrax nectar

Totals:
    Calories:2739
    Fat:124g
    Carbs:228g
    Protein:171g

Saturday -
    I guess I'll update tommorow(Updated, I can't let this get any farther behind)...Got an ab and lower back workout in at home and it was pretty good.I wasnt feeling to good so hopefully I'm 100% by Monday.My head feels real heavy like its congested but I'm not having any sinus problems so....I don't know what it is.
    Diet

6oz chicken -
    Calories:195
    Protein:39g

2 dinner rolls -
    Calories:200
    Carbs:36g
    Protein:6g

Applesauce -

Two Hotdogs -
    Calories:600
    Fat:37g
    Carbs:48g
    Protein:22g

Applesauce -

2 bowls of trix -
    Calories:240
    Carbs:52g
    Protein:2g

Totals -
    Calories:2675
    Fat:86g
    Carbs:320g
    Protein:113g
    (I think I had some other food but I'm tired and can't remember)

I don't know why but I felt full most of the day.I was also feeling sick, I just couldnt eat as much.

Workout

Lower Back -
    Good Mornings: barbell=45 lbs so...(I don't have any weight at home to add and this leaves me sore so it works)
    45 x 25
    45 x 20

Abs -

Broomstick twist:
    200 + 50 + 50 (I did these before and during workout as a stretch)

BB Side Bends:L=Left R=Right
    L x 20 + R x 20
    L x 10 + R x 10

Weighted Situps:
    20 lb DB x 25
    35 lb DB x 15
    2x20 lb DB = 40 Lbs x 20

(Not sure on the following numbers, I might have done more or less)

V-Ups:

Lying Leg Lifts:
    15 w/ 10 lbs at feet

Cable Crunches with Bowflex: (I hooked up one side of the lat tower and hooked up 100 bowflex pounds)
    2 sets x 20 on knees
    1 set of 20 + 1 set of 30 bent over (these were real weird on the bowflex and I was able to isolate my abs more standing so I changed it up and this worked pretty good)

Crunches & Reverse Crunches & Double Crunches:
    120+ crunches & 50+ Reverse Crunches & 20+ Double Crunches

Most of these exercises were done supersetted together in two seperate sets.

I'll try and update tommorow and hopefully I'm not gonna get sick for another two weeks.If I do I feel real sorry for the folks at my gym cause I'm going anyways .

Sunday - Today started with me waking up for lunch and having two hamburgers, I'm gonna have to squeeze in the food to make it to 3000 calories.I still feel full today but with medicine I'm feeling better health wise.I will be in the gym tommorow no matter what but hopefully I'm feeling good so I can get in a good chest workout.I'll update this later for sure and let you know what I decide for my routine this week.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-06-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Feeling Better...

Update as of 3:30 p.m.

Today is another off day and it got started quite late.(I did not mention it but Friday and Saturday had a late start also).

I woke up at 11:30 a.m. (yes I'm lazy) and my lower back is really sore. I'm glad I didnt do any more good mornings because this one was not a good morning.I hope my back is not this sore tommorow but I probably shouldve taken some glutamine and aminos to help prevent this.I'm gonna take Liquid Amino Complete and glutamine before bed.

I was gonna eat some oats or cereal for breakfast but instead I had two hamburgers since my dad was ready for lunch and grilled them.I will be eating a 6 oz piece of chicken in a few minutes and maybe another piece later on.

My next update will include my workout schedule for this week.I will look through the forums to see whether I should change up my routine or not.

Update as of 9:30 p.m.

Cals Fat Carbs Protein

Hamburger, plain, on bun x 4

1066 43 109 56

Skinless Boneless Chicken

195 3 0 39

Dinner Roll x 2

200 3 36 6

Peanuts - Planters Dry Roasted x 2

340 28 10 16

Apple Sauce

220 0 54 0

Syntrax Nectar

90 0 0 23

HP Liquid Amino Complete

69 0 0 17

Strawberries, raw x 6 large

32 0 8 1

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk

430 11 66 18

Dinner Roll

200 3 36 6

Glass of Milk

195 8 18 12

Totals
    2838 96 301 187

Workout Schedule for this week As of Sunday at 9:45p.m.
    (I decided to keep shoulders with chest this week and if I still don't like it I'll change it next week).The schedule while change depending on soreness.

Monday (4 sets of max pushups)
    Chest - I should have a spotter, either way I'm going heavier.
    |Bench Press: 115 x 10, 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6
    |Incline Bench: (May use machine or Leverage) ? x 10, ? x 8, ? x 6
    |Decline Bench: Maybe ??? 2-3 sets
    |Cable Crossovers for lower pecs: 3-4 sets
    |Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets
    |Flyes supersetted with rear delt on same machine: 3-4 sets
    Shoulders -
    |Dumbbell Press - 3 sets
    |Side Laterals - 3 sets
    |Front Laterals - 4 sets
    |Machine press - 2 sets + 1 dropset
    |Machine Laterals - 2 sets + 1 dropset
    Abs -
    |?Same as usual?

Tuesday
    Back - I may throw in a some new rows of some type.
    |WG Pullups: 2 sets
    |Pullups & Chins w/ different grips Supersetted with Stiff Arm Pulldowns: 4 sets each
    |Machine Rows: 4 sets
    |Iso Lateral Front Pulldowns: 2 sets palms out 2 sets palms in
    |DB Rows: 3-4 sets
    |Pulldowns: 3 sets

Wednesday
    Arms -
    |Same as last week just heavier
    Abs -
    |?Same as usual?

Thursday -
    Legs - Probably gonna use free weight instead of smith machine for squats
    |Standing Calf Raises: 1 set toes in 1 set toes out for 8-10 reps
    |Leg Extensions: 1 light set x 15-20 & 1 heavy set x 8-10
    |Front Squats: 1 light set to get an idea of what weight to use for 2 heavy sets
    |Squats: 1 light set to get an idea of what weight to use for 2 heavy sets
    |Lying Leg Curls: 2 sets
    |Seated Leg Curls Supersetted with Leg Extensions: 2 heavy sets of 6-8 reps
    |Standing Calf Raises: 2 heavy sets
    |DB Lunges: If I'm not to sore I'll do these at home

Friday (4 sets of max pushups)
    Abs -
    |?Same as usual?

Saturday (Start running?)
    |If I start running again today I'll run 1-2 miles
    Sunday (Start running?)
    |If I start running again today I'll run 1-2 miles

If I'm to sore to do back Tuesday I'll do legs and switch everything else up.I might even take an off day Wednesday and move arms to Thursday and legs to Friday.

I had my brother with me today and he spotted for me.He sticks to the machines and doesnt do as much since hes just getting started.I was trying to do the same exercises with him and find ones he wanted to do so I didnt stick to schedule and I kept switching exercises.He didnt want to be there all day and the first part of my workout with the benching took longer than normal so I didnt try as much.My shoulders felt like they were hit good but my chest never really got pumped(Now that I'm home I can feel that my chest was indeed worked).I still have Pushups tonight and I might do some flyes on the Bowflex (No matter what anyone says, flyes on the bowflex used to always get my chest pumped.).I may also do my abs.

Originally Posted by DoTheRobot

Monday (4 sets of max pushups)
    Chest - I should have a spotter, either way I'm going heavier.
    |Bench Press: 115 x 10, 135 x 10, 155 x 8, 175 x 6
    |Incline Bench: (May use machine or Leverage) ? x 10, ? x 8, ? x 6
    |Decline Bench: Maybe ??? 2-3 sets
    |Cable Crossovers for lower pecs: 3-4 sets
    |Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets
    |Flyes supersetted with rear delt on same machine: 3-4 sets
    Shoulders -
    |Dumbbell Press - 3 sets
    |Side Laterals - 3 sets
    |Front Laterals - 4 sets
    |Machine press - 2 sets + 1 dropset
    |Machine Laterals - 2 sets + 1 dropset
    Abs -
    |?Same as usual?
    Not quite how it went...Here is the workout for today

Workout #1 -

In order of exercise peformed - Chest and Shoulders
    Warm-up on Chest Press:
    60 x 15

(I shouldve gone for 10 on 115 and rested longer after 135 x 10. If I had done this I think I couldve pushed 155 for 8 easy)
    Bench Press: + = with help from spotter
    115 x 15, 135 x 10, 155 x 6, 165 x 4+4, 155 x 5+1

(I was gonna do the leverage Plate Loaded incline but after two light sets I decided to go with the bench,I will probably use the leverage next week though since I won't have a spotter.Another reason for the leverage is that when I went up with the Incline I hit the peg a couple times and embarassed myself.)

Inlcine Bench Press:
    115 x 10, 125 x 6, 125 x 5

Cable Crossovers:
    60 each side x 15, 80 each side x 8

Seated Military Press:
    45 x 15, 95 x 8

Side Lateral Machine Supersetted w/ Shoulder Press Machine:
    30 x 15 & 60 x 8

Side Lateral Machine:
    60 x 8

Chest Flyes Machine Supersetted with Reverse Flyes on same machine:
    80 x 10 & 80 x 12

DB Press:
    40s x 6

DB Side Laterals:
    15s x 8

DB Front Laterals:
    15s x 8

Chest Flyes Machine Supersetted with Reverse Flyes on same machine:
    100 x 6 & 100 x 10

Chest Flyes (same machine):
    Dropsets 100 x 6, 80 x 4, 60 x 4

Most of these numbers are correct but I may have done a couple of sets of something or +/- a rep or 2 on one exercise, I just don't remember since we were so out of order.

I will edit this and update tonight as necessary and should meet all my diet needs even though I got my first cheat meal.

I find it easier to add everything up on fitday and copy paste so heres todays:
    (not as neat but include same info)

Workout #2 -
    3 sets of max pushups (my chest felt like I did enough today after all so I didnt include bf flyes)

Diet:

Cals Fat Carbs Protein

Popeyes Chicken Strip - Lunch
    420 20 32 32

Popeyes Fries - Lunch
    261 12 34 3

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk - Breakfast & After Dinner
    860 22 132 36

Peanuts - Planters Dry Roasted x 2 servings
    340 28 10 16

Apple Sauce - 1 cup
    220 0 54 0

Milk - 1 cup
    130 5 12 8

Syntrax Nectar - post workout & before bed
    180 0 0 46

HP Liquid Amino Complete - Pre and Post Workout
    138 0 0 34

Frosted Mini Wheats w/ 2% milk - Breakfast
    330 6 60 14

Skinless Boneless Chicken - Dinner
    195 3 0 39

Dinner Roll - Dinner
    200 3 36 6

Planter Sunflower Seeds - 1 serving
    160 14 5 7

Turkey Cheddar Sub on Wheat - Dinner # 2
    445 17 46 26

Banana - With After dinner
    110 0 29 1

Totals
    3989 130 450 268
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-07-2005 at 08:57 PM.

I was thinking...

I was wondering whether I should do my arms or my back tommorow and decided to go with back so I'll post up after workout tommorow.

Forgot...

Todays Supplements -

Pre Workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE

Post Workout:
    HP Liquid Amino
    HP CEE
    ABB Glutaforce
    Syntrax Nectar

Before Bed:
    Syntrax Nectar
    OneADay Mens Health

I also found a USB cable to our camcorder so all updated pics will be better quality than my cell ones (Even if they are stills from a video).I've got some from today but I'm not gonna post anything till one month in,

I find it interesting that I measured my waist at 34" when I wear a size 32 and have some room, I'm gonna have to get a measuring tape with my order in a week or two.Also, when I listed my weight at 165 it was at night right before the post and not on an empty stomach.Same time yesterday at about the same fullness I was 168 and same today.Fitday is pretty useful as it calculates how many pounds I have to gain each week.I want to be at 175 lbs by 12/31/05 which is more than doable at only .9??? lbs a week so about 1 lb a week.I would like to be at atleast 185 lbs by 1/31/05 and this should be attainable as well.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-07-2005 at 10:02 PM.

Best Back Workout Ever!!!!!

Todays back workout was the best I've ever had!

Tuesday
    Back - I may throw in a some new rows of some type.
    |WG Pullups: 2 sets
    |Pullups & Chins w/ different grips Supersetted with Stiff Arm Pulldowns: 4 sets each
    |Machine Rows: 4 sets
    |Iso Lateral Front Pulldowns: 2 sets palms out 2 sets palms in
    |DB Rows: 3-4 sets
    |Pulldowns: 3 sets
    My workout doesnt quite match up but I wouldnt change it.

Workout: ( I don't do the stiff/straight arm pulldowns like it says on exrx.net.Instead, I stand straight up and I don't bend my arms at all.I keep my arms at shoulder width or just outside.I tried these a couple weeks ago supersetted with pullups/chins and it was the first time my lats got pumped.)

Chinups:
    • BW x 10 Supersetted with
    Stiff arm pulldowns:
    • 60 x 10 (To easy, even for a warmup.)

Wide Grip /''''''''''\ pullups:
    • BW x 4 (I shouldve rested longer after the chins) Supersetted with
    Stiff arm pulldowns:
    • 80 x 10

Close Grip Pullups:
    • BW x 6 Supersetted with
    Stiff arm pulldowns:
    • 100 x 10 (Really burned)

Regular Grip Pullups: (Hands Just outside of shoulders)
    • BW x 8 Supersetted with
    Stiff arm pulldowns:
    • 100 x 8 (Really burned)

Machine Rows: (I switched to Hammer Strength because I don't like the feel)
    • 80 x 10

(The next two exercises are on plate loaded machines. For ##x2 the ## is for how much weight is on each side and LR is left right)
    Hammer Strength Plate Loaded Rows: (Hit my shoulders good unintentionally)
    • 55x2 alternating sides x 8 LR(Not much rest after 45s set)
    • 70x2 alternating sides x 6 LR

Iso Lateral Front Pulldowns:
    • 70x2 alternating sides x 8 LR Palms Facing Out
    • 70x2 alternating sides x 6 LR Palms Facing Each Other
    • 70x2 alternating sides x 8 LR Palms In

DB One Arm Rows:
    • 55 x 10 LR
    • 65 x 8 LR
    • Dropset 75&70 x 8&3 LR (With my right side I got the 8 clean and with good form on the 74 and probably 2 on the 70.With my Left I got 6 clean on the 75 and 2 on the 70.)

Wide Grip /''''''''''\ Pulldowns:
    • 120 x 10
    • 140 x 8
    • 160 x 5

Machine Rows:
    (I felt like I didnt do enough rows in comparison to pullup/down movements)
    • 120 x 8

This was the best back workout I've had and my back was pumped.This is the second time I got to Superset Pullups/chins with stiff arm pulldowns and its the best combination I've tried.When I superset the two exercises I get a good lat pump and it feels great.

After the last set of wide lat pulldowns I felt like I was gonna pass out and as I stumbled up and out of the way I hit my knee on the leg press machine without seeing it.My vision was kinda unfocused and it took me a minute to get my balance.It felt pretty good, I felt Like I did everything I needed to do instead of the "Well, I did everything I planned on doing but was it enough?" you know the feeling like you could do more but should you.On arm days I always get a good pump but I don't think I do everything I could.

Enough Rambling....

Diet:

Calories Fat Carbs Protein

Breakfast:

Frosted Mini Wheats w/ 2% milk
    330 6 60 14

After Breakfast:

170 14 5 8

Planter Sunflower Seeds x 2
    320 28 10 14

Lunch:

Turkey Cheddar Sub on Wheat
    445 17 46 26

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

HP CEE

Post Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

HP CEE

ABB Glutaforce

Dinner:

195 3 0 39

White Rice
    400 0 90 4

After Dinner:

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    430 11 66 18

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Pineapple Chunks
    120 0 30 0

Milk
    130 5 12 8

Banana
    110 0 29 1

Frosted Mini Wheats w/ 2% milk
    330 6 60 14

Totals:

3518 90 462 230

Final Thoughts:

For Anyone that actually reads any of this, I highly recommend that you try supersetting pullups/chins with stiff arm pulldowns (either the proper way or the way I described them).

I will most likely do my arms tommorow and save legs for Thursday.I may not be able to go to the gym as early as I want to though, we have some deliveries coming and I'm the only one that currently doesnt have a job.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-08-2005 at 06:44 PM.

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Keep it up teh good work, nice detailed journal, I suggest you look at this though to help you make it formatted better and look better:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by Younglifter16
    Keep it up teh good work, nice detailed journal, I suggest you look at this though to help you make it formatted better and look better:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/misc.php?do=bbcode

Thanks Younglifter16

There, I just edited my post and updated it.

That took to damn long .

I may use the same format from now on but only if I have the time.It wasnt that bad once I finally was able to post it.I got the "Server is to busy, try again later..." after editing it so I had to redo it.I saved a copy and from now on I'll copy paste.

kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My arms are pretty sore from yesterday and I havent made it in the gym yet.I can't decide whether or not I want to work my back or my legs today, or just make today a rest day and hit my back tommorow.Do you guys think its overtraining if I do my back today since I did my Bis yesterday?
    Just looking at your weekly workout schedule. You're working your arms almost daily, man (with the pushups and all). And although you are training for the Army in a couple of months, I would suggest getting some rest time in there to allow your arms to gain some muscle mass- since you are bulking.

GOOD LUCK BULKING- One of the few, the proud!
    SHUT YOUR MOUTH__________________________
    The 2005 NPC All South Training/Diet Log/Results
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=575939

40LB. BULK LOG_____________________________
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=621031

Originally Posted by kasso99
    Just looking at your weekly workout schedule. You're working your arms almost daily, man (with the pushups and all). And although you are training for the Army in a couple of months, I would suggest getting some rest time in there to allow your arms to gain some muscle mass- since you are bulking.

GOOD LUCK BULKING- One of the few, the proud!
    Thanks for the advice kasso99, I was worried it was overtraining or had some sort of negative effects.

I will do my legs tommorow.It will be my first time doing sqauts without the smith machine.How low should I go and should I have my feet closer than shoulder width?

Also, do you think I'm doing to many sets for my back?It doesnt seem like it but will doing that many sets hurt muscle growth?I did 26 sets total but some were for lats and some were more for upper/middle back.

I appreciate the help.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-08-2005 at 08:14 PM.

kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kasso99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the advice kasso99, I was worried it was overtraining or had some sort of negative effects.

I will do my legs tommorow.It will be my first time doing sqauts without the smith machine.How low should I go and should I have my feet closer than shoulder width?

Also, do you think I'm doing to many sets for my back?It doesnt seem like it but will doing that many sets hurt muscle growth?I did 26 sets total but some were for lats and some were more for upper/middle back.

I appreciate the help.
    SQUATS!!!!! Hell yes buddy. Enjoy not being able to sit on a toilet or walk straight for a week if this is your first experience with the SQUAT! I remember the days...

As far as your form, I'd say dip to parallel and squat with your foot position close to the muscle group that you'd like to focus on. Narrow stance on toes for quad/vastus lateralis specification. Go wide and on the heels for a more "hip-centric" focus. Doing it this way is how I grew my large muscular ass.

I wouldn't do 26 sets total for any body part if I were you. You have listed on your first workout that you were in the gym from 11:45-1:25. WAY too much time. Hit the weights and split. 75 minutes should be a max. Hit em hard enough to stimulate breakdown, and go home and eat!

Check out this link in my log, it's the training program I've tried before with great success. Joe Defranco's a genius. Ignore the football specific running drills if you want, and just focus on the weightlifting. I would throw in some HIIT cardio 2-3x per week though. Happy squatting!

Westside for Skinny Bastards

Red face ???

I did squats on a smith machine the last two times I was at the gym and the first time was real heavy and I was real sore for a couple days.

It may sound stupid but I don't understand the skinny bastard workout very well.There are alot of exercises I dont do and dont really want to do.Could I just use the exercises I do in place of some of those?Would this be a similar type of training to the skinny bastard?:

Monday - Heavy Upper Body Day
    Tuesday - Heavy Lower Body Day
    Wednesday - Off day
    Thursday - Repitition Upper Body Training
    Friday - Repetition Lower Body Training
    Saturday - Off or Run
    Sunday - Off or Run

(My cardio will be running or on my exercise bike.I havent been running in a while and its dificult for me to get started since I'm lazy.Ive always had problems breathing when I run but I dont have problems with exercise equipment such as treadmill and exercise bike for some reason ??? I will start running again this week or next for sure since running is a practicaly a daliy activity in basic and future training)

I know its not what it says but in the past I had thought of doing something similar.I want atleast a 4 day split and I was gonna try first two days heavy than rest and third and fourth day light.

I dont have access to any kegs and dont really want to do strongman conditioning but I think the heavy to repitition split would be good.I think it would help me out as far as gaining strength and size but also with muscle endurance.Let me know , youve got me very interested and thanks for your help.

Edit: I just went back to the link you left here and scrolled down...I thought you had posted wrong link and it was just success stories so I went to the part two link you had posted on your journal.I see now that it explains everything and all I had to do was scroll down a little further .I still dont know if I should do 1 or 2 leg days but I think I will try 2.If you think this would be okay then I am going to go through all the workouts and decide what lifts to do and modify to fit me.I will figure out a schedule before next week and it should be interesting and fun.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-08-2005 at 10:23 PM.

nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10) nextteenamateur is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I like that split idea, but be wary of overtraining when going 2x a week. You might consider doing only 1 set per bodypart.

Originally Posted by nextteenamateur
    I like that split idea, but be wary of overtraining when going 2x a week. You might consider doing only 1 set per bodypart.
    Thanks for the concern and if I decide to do this I will be careful to stop anytime I feel its to much.I don't know if that is how I'm going to do it yet but if it is then it shouldnt be overtraining.With the way its laid out it would give me 72 hours of rest between Heavy and Repitition days for Upper and Lower Body.I don't know how many exercises and sets I'm going to do per body part, if I only do one then it seems like I'm not getting anything done.We'll see though and I'll get everything figured out eventually.

Thanks for everyones help so far, I really appreciate you all taking your time to post.

Get Diesel Or Die Trying Younglifter16's Avatar
    Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Younglifter16 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Younglifter16

There, I just edited my post and updated it.

That took to damn long .

I may use the same format from now on but only if I have the time.It wasnt that bad once I finally was able to post it.I got the "Server is to busy, try again later..." after editing it so I had to redo it.I saved a copy and from now on I'll copy paste.

yeah copy and paste it, or just go to "quote" so the format is all there, you just gotta type what you want

oh yeah, I always do an upper/lower workout 2x a week, I train close to failure and do fairly high volume, I never have problems overtraining, but every few weeks or so throw in a week of light lifting and low volume.
    Last edited by Younglifter16; 11-09-2005 at 01:39 PM.

yeah copy and paste it, or just go to "quote" so the format is all there, you just gotta type what you want.
    Thanks again for the advice, my post are now more colorful.

I used to do webpages in HTML but that was quite different from this, this is much easier.

oh yeah, I always do an upper/lower workout 2x a week, I train close to failure and do fairly high volume, I never have problems overtraining, but every few weeks or so throw in a week of light lifting and low volume.
    Yeah, I guess it depends on what you respond to better.I still havent decided on what to do and hopefully I can before the weekend.

My back is normally very sore after back day and with all I did yesterday I was expecting it.Fortunately for me I'm a little stiff and sore doing certain things but overall my back hasnt been sore throughout the day .

Today did not go as planned at all.I had a headache most of the morning and had to wait it out (I get very bad migraines if I'm not careful).Once I got to the gym I was feeling better and warmed-up with leg extensions.I was gonna do REAL squats today but there were two guys doing them for the longest time (only two squat racks).I decided to do Hack Squats over squats on the smith machine becuase squats on the smith machine dont seem to have the ROM for me???The hack squats were great and left my quads pumped and my legs were spazing a little afterwards.I tried some Leg Presses after that and started to get light headed so I gave myself a little extra rest in between sets.This has happened before but not while working out.I understand its low blood sugar but that wasnt going to stop my workout.I finished up with some leg curls and calf raises.Overall it was a pretty good leg workout even without the squats and I know I'm gonna be limping around tommorow.

Workout:

Leg Extensions:
    (Warm-up, I was only gonna do one warm-up but I was waiting for a squat rack)
    • 35 x 15

Standing Calf Raise Machine:
    (I was still trying to wait out the squat racks)
    • 40 x 15

I walked around a little trying to buy some time but they were still going so I decided to do hack squats.

Hack Squats:
    (Feet were low on platform and close together with toes slightly pointing outward)
    • 140 x 10 atleast parallel + 4 Half Squats?
    • 140 x 10 atleast parallel + 4 Half Squats?
    (the extra partial reps really hammered my quads)

45* Leg Press:
    (I tried to position my feet to where I was using my hamstrings and glutes more)
    • 180 x 10
    • 270 x 6
    (I probably could have done some more but I started feeling light headed)

Leg Curls:
    • 60 x 15
    • 80 x 10

Dropset -
    • 60 x 10 to
    • 40 x 8
    (My calves Are probably my Weakest muscles)

Leg Curls:
    • 80 x 8

Dropset -
    • 60 x 6 to
    • 40 x 4
    (Stack is numbered |1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|etc.|, kinda weird to go 8x8,6x6,and 4x4)

By the end of all this I had to eat something quickly.I was gonna stop and eat another cheat meal but I held off and ate at home.I'm feeling better now except that my headache is back.

Diet:

Calories Fat Carbs Protein

Breakfast:

Trix
    240 3 52 2

Lunch:

195 3 0 39

White Rice
    400 0 90 8

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

HP CEE

Post Workout:

Turkey Cheddar Sub on Wheat
    445 17 46 26

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

HP CEE

ABB Glutaforce

Dinner:

195 3 0 39

Dinner Roll x 2
    200 3 36 6

After Dinner:

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk x 1 1/2 cups
    645 17 99 27

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Pineapple Chunks
    120 0 30 0

Milk
    130 5 12 8

Planter Sunflower Seeds x 2
    320 28 10 14

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

Totals:

3108 51 419 235

Final Thoughts:

I was upset at first about not doing squats but the hack squats really targeted my quads and got them pumped.I think I may continue to do the hack squats since they seemed to do what I wanted them to do, hit the quads, smith machine squats never really did that.I have a plan layed out for skinny bastard training and hope to start it this coming week if I can get everything modified to my liking.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-09-2005 at 09:08 PM.

It may sound stupid but I don't understand the skinny bastard workout very well.There are alot of exercises I dont do and dont really want to do.Could I just use the exercises I do in place of some of those?Would this be a similar type of training to the skinny bastard?:

Monday - Heavy Upper Body Day
    Tuesday - Heavy Lower Body Day
    Wednesday - Off day
    Thursday - Repitition Upper Body Training
    Friday - Repetition Lower Body Training
    Saturday - Off or Run
    Sunday - Off or Run

I dont have access to any kegs and dont really want to do strongman conditioning but I think the heavy to repitition split would be good.I think it would help me out as far as gaining strength and size but also with muscle endurance.Let me know , youve got me very interested and thanks for your help.
    Yeah, your idea of the split is PERFECT. You took exactly from the program what I thought you needed. The program is about ample amounts of rest time (hence the 72 hours), and a no-bull**** agenda in the gym- my leg day was only 45 MINUTES!!!!!

There is a part 2 to the Westside for Skinny Bastards that gives a little variety, like you said, you went back and found it, so you could use similar exercises in place of ones that he suggests that you don't use or would care to use. The new split looks perfect, although I wouldn't call the second 2 days "light" days, because even if you're performing more reps, you need to consider it with just as much intensity as the heavy days! Good luck!

Talking Awsome!!!!

Originally Posted by kasso99
    Yeah, your idea of the split is PERFECT. You took exactly from the program what I thought you needed. The program is about ample amounts of rest time (hence the 72 hours), and a no-bull**** agenda in the gym- my leg day was only 45 MINUTES!!!!!

There is a part 2 to the Westside for Skinny Bastards that gives a little variety, like you said, you went back and found it, so you could use similar exercises in place of ones that he suggests that you don't use or would care to use. The new split looks perfect, although I wouldn't call the second 2 days "light" days, because even if you're performing more reps, you need to consider it with just as much intensity as the heavy days! Good luck!

That's Awsome,thank you Kasso for all of your help.

If I post what I have so far for the split do you think you could critique it?I like doing more than one exercise per body part so I dont know if I should split the sets or just do two exercises for the sets it instructs you to do.I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to a different style of training.

I would rep you some more but it says I have to spread it around some .