Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thursday - November 10 2005

Todays Workout went smoothly and didnt last very long.I had to wait for the dip bars after my warm-up set and for the dip belt (Gym's dip belt = Stinky + Free to use so no complaining).I always feel like I could do more on arm day but I had a good pump going and had to got to the store.We were out of milk this morning so I didnt have breakfast, I just waited and grilled some hotdogs.My family is having pizza tonight so I'm having another cheat meal.

Workout:

Tricep Extension machine:
    (Warm-up)
    • 40 x 15

Dumbbell Curls:
    (Warm-up)
    • 20s x 15

Dips:
    • BW x 15

Dumbbell Curls:
    (I was gonna do weighted dips but had to weight for dip bars and belt)
    • 30s x 8

Dips:
    (I enjoy doing dips and weighted ones are awsome)
    • BW+25 x 7
    • BW+20 x 7
    • BW+15 x 6-8 I can't remember

Alternating DB Curls:
    • 30s x 6 LR

EZ Curl Bar Curls SuperSetted with Skull Crushers behind the head:
    (CG=Close Grip, WG=Widest grip allowed by bar, and SG=about Shoulder width Grip)
    • EZBar+40 = Curls x 6 (WG) & Skulls x 10 (CG)
    • EZBar+50 = Curls x 8 (SG) & Skulls x 8 (CG)

Pushdowns:
    (CG=Close Grip and RG=Reverse Grip)
    • 100 x 10 RG
    • 120 x 10 CG + rest 30 then
    • 120 x 7 RG

Alternating Hammer Curls:
    • 30 x 6 LR

Diet:

We were out of milk this morning so I didnt have breakfast, I just waited and grilled some hotdogs.My family is having pizza tonight so I'm having another cheat meal.I don't know if I'll hit 3000+ calories today but I went to the store and I'll eat plenty tommorow.

Calories Fat Carbs Protein

See Jay "Mr.Incredible" Cutler Here: [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=601776[/url]

DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DoTheRobot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Can't Edit....

I guess I cannot edit my last post so Ill just update you here..I've been sick..

Thursday all I had to eat was two hotdogs and 4 pieces of domino's cheese pizza with extra cheese.I wasnt feeling good to say the least throughtout the day, even during my workout I felt like I had something in my throat and might throw up.I started to get tired around 7:00 p.m. and after eating my pizza around that time I went to sleep.I slept from about 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. and then I woke up.I felt like crap when I woke up and knew this wasnt good.I felt weak all through my body and had pain in my chest and stomach.My stomach felt like it was gonna explode and I couldnt go back to sleep.I just laid down and listened to the tv and didnt get back to sleep until about 5:30 a.m.I slept till atleast noon and after that I was either sleeping or lying down until about 4:30 p.m. when I decided I should eat something (not actually hungry).I had a bowl of frosted mini wheats and laid down again.Same old thing till about 10:30 p.m. when I started to feel hungry.This was a good sign and I had another bowl of frosted mini wheats before returning to bed.I probably fell asleep between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m.I awoke this morning at about 11:30 a.m. and I was hungry again.I was starting to feel better and another bowl of frosted mini wheats was there to help.I also took some medecine which has helped and around 2:30 p.m. I ate 2 slices of left over pizza.Probably not the best choice but it didnt hurt.I'm not gonna bother with the nutritional crap from the last two days cause I dont even want to know.

I plan on having a sub for dinner and if I'm hungry maybe some oats before bed(I dont want to push it to much).I dont feel as weak but my stomach is feeling great.I hope I continue to feel better and I should be well enough by monday to start my new workout program.

Kasso suggested a modified WS4SB and I think its a great idea.I will post my version of it later tonight or tommorow when I get everything figured out.I don't understand the max effort very well but I'm going to look into the program a little more.I have looked at a bunch of post on bb.com forums and will see what google has to offer also.
    See Jay "Mr.Incredible" Cutler Here: [url]http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=601776[/url]

I had a question about the ME lifts I was gonna ask but after searching around a while I found this answer to a question similar to mine from ask joe.

A: “Work up to a max set” refers to the sets that you will perform before your max-effort attempt. This will be different for everyone, depending on your strength level. The stronger you are, the more sets it will take you to reach your max attempt. The rule of thumb is that if you’re a skinny bastard and you don’t possess great maximal strength, perform AT LEAST 4 warm-up sets before your max attempt. The higher volume of sets will help you to add muscle mass to your frame. For example, if you were going to “work up” to a 3-rep max on the bench press and your goal was 200 lbs., your warm-up would be as follows:

Set #1 - Bar X 5
    Set #2 - 95 X 5
    Set #3 - 115 X 3
    Set #4 - 135 X 3
    Set #5 - 165 X 2
    Set #6 - 185 X 1
    Max attempt set - 200 X 3

heres the split:
    (You have to remember nothing here is set in stone.I may add or change exercises as needed along wtih sets and reps.I should see good results, it seems like working a muscle group more than once a week should benefit more than what I've been doing but only time can tell)

Monday:Max Effort Upper Body - (Nov 14 I'm going for 175 x 3-5)
    (I might throw in some chins or pullups)

A. MAX-EFFORT LIFT – Work up to a max set of 3-5 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Bench Press

2nd 2 weeks: Weighted dips

B. SUPPLEMENTAL LIFT – Perform 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Incline dumbbell bench press

2nd 2 weeks: Dumbbell flyes

C. HORIZONTAL ROW – Perform 4 sets of 10-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: One arm Dumbbell Rows

2nd 2 weeks: T-bar Rows

D. REAR DELT/UPPER BACK – Perform 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Seated rear delt machine

2nd 2 weeks: Bent over DB raises

E. WEIGHTED ABDOMINAL EXERCISE – 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Weighted Situps

2nd 2 weeks: Leg Raises

Tuesday:Max Effort Lower Body

A. MAX-EFFORT LIFT – Work up to a max set of 5 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Hack Squats

2nd 2 weeks: Front squats

B. UNILATERAL MOVEMENT – Perform 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Leg Press

2nd 2 weeks: Lunges

C. HAMSTRING / POSTERIOR CHAIN MOVEMENT – Perform 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Leg Curls

2nd 2 weeks: ???

D. Calf Exercise - Perform 3-4 Sets of 6-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Standing Calf Raises

Wednesday: OFF

Thursday:REPETITION UPPER BODY

A. REPETITION LIFT – Work up to 3 sets of max reps, rest 60 seconds between sets.

1st 2 weeks: Barbell bench press

2nd 2 weeks: Regular push-ups

B. SUPPLEMENTAL LIFT (triceps) – Perform 3-4 sets of 5-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Skull crushers (EZ bar or straight bar)

2nd 2 weeks: Rope pushdowns

C. VERTICAL PULLING – Perform 4 sets of 8-12 reps.

All month: Chin-ups or Pull-ups (Exercise Starting Workout)

All month: Lat pulldowns (Exercise Ending Workout)

D. MEDIAL DELT or TRAP EXERCISE – Perform 3 sets of 10-15 reps.

All month: Dumbbell shoulder press (seated or standing)

All month: Lateral raises (dumbbell or cable)

E. ELBOW FLEXION EXERCISE – Perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: EZ Bar curls

2nd 2 weeks: Dumbbell curls or Hammer Curls

F. ABDOMINAL CIRCUIT TRAINING - Giant Set

Crunches,situps,lying leg raises,and cable crunches.

Friday:Repetition Lower Body
    (???Not as detailed, I don't know what to do???)

A. REPETITION LIFT – Work up to 3 sets of max reps, rest 60 seconds between sets.

Hack Squats

or

Front Squats

or

Squats

B. SUPPLEMENTAL LIFT – Perform 3-4 sets of 5-10 reps.

Leg Press

or

Smith Machine Squats - I saw someone do smith machine squats with thier legs out in front of them and I was wondering what this works?

C. HAMSTRINGS - Perform 3 sets of 8-12 reps.

Leg Curls

D. CALVES - Perform 3 sets of 8-10 reps.

Standing DB or Machine Calf Raises

After doing Hack Squats this week I decided they must be included.They really hit my quads and felt like it just what I needed.I don't know if I want to go real heavy on squats since I feel it in my lower back(on smith machine atleast).I also saw something on Rotten.com about a powerlifter that really grossed me out and kinda fear heavy squats even though lots of people do them .Feel free to critique since there is definitely room and time for change.I think the upper days should be good but well have to see, as far as the lower body I dont know what to expect.

Registered User akomabutisakama's Avatar
    akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) akomabutisakama has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs down

dude pizza and hot dogs come on
    15 y/o
    height 5'6

Scivation Primaforce 12 week transformation contest
    http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608609

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Good luck man, lookin' good so far.

Originally Posted by akomabutisakama
    dude pizza and hot dogs come on
    I get the pizza thing and no I'm not eating perfectly but I wasnt aware that hotdogs were really that bad.They have some bad fats but they have some protein and they dont take to long to make.I think my choices were either breakfast or hotdogs.I didnt have anything else I know how to make.I was out of sub stuff and meant to go to the store the day before but if you read you would see I went straight home from the gym becuase I needed to eat something badly(11-09-2005 - I had a headache in the morning before I went to the gym and waited till it went away before going.A little while after I returned home my headache came back and got pretty bad so I didnt go to the store later).I go to the store once a week and my parents go 1-2 times a month so if I'm out of food I buy it.I bought enough chicken to last me a while but my family decided to have that for dinner earlier that week and I only had 2 extra pieces.Today I had pizza because all I had to eat the day before was cereal since I was sick and I wanted something that tasted good.I'm gonna eat a cheat meal about once a week and if my family orders pizza its what I'm eating (my mom is a teacher and got some coupons for a school thing for $10 with lots of coupons like:buy a large get a large and buy a large and get cheesy bread...stuff like that).

I will get my diet back in check starting tommorow since I'm feeling better and I'll let my brother have the last 2 pieces of my pizza.Tommorow, my mom is cooking the chicken I bought Thursday and it should be enough for a couple days (if not I'll buy more).I had a sub for dinner today and I still have plenty of sub stuff from Thursday aswell.If you read, I am a very picky eater and for an example: I eat spaghetti without sauce (noodles and meat), my turkey cheddar subs are just turkey,cheddar, and roll, and I only put ketchup on my hotdogs and hamburgers.I am learning to cook a few different things and will be making myself different foods in the future but for now I stick to whats simple and doesnt waste time.

You got me rambling.....Thanks for the comment though.I know my diet isnt as strict as yours.I'm not eating near as bad as I used to though.I used to have pizza and fast food almost everyday, especially when I was staying with my friend and playing xbox all night.I think its cool you are really into BB at your age, I wish I had started working out seriously then.Its cool to see younger people training hard, youve got real good lifts and your legs are big.Good luck with the contest and with your future of competing if thats what you decide to do.

Originally Posted by hepennypacker52
    Good luck man, lookin' good so far.
    Thanks, I think this new workout routine should help me out and its gonna be interesting to change things up.I want to see my lifts go up but I want to put on some size also.Good luck to you also, in case you didnt see the response on another log the message about the tshirts is on:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...597819&page=10
    I think you had asked about that.

Today I woke up with a headache again and I'm still not 100% but I feel better then yesterday.I still don't have much of an appetite but I'm getting there.Tommorow I will make sure to eat atleast 2500 even if I'm not feeling up to it.I will definitely hit the gym as I am eager to try this new workout routine.

Diet:

Breakfast:

Frosted Mini Wheats w/ 2% milk
    495 9 90 21

Lunch:

Turkey Cheddar Sub on Wheat
    445 17 46 26

Dinner:

Skinless Boneless Chicken
    162 3 0 33

After Dinner:

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    430 11 66 18

Milk
    130 5 12 8

Totals:

1882 45 268 106

I'm still feeling better each day and hopefully tommorow will be smooth.

Originally Posted by DoTheRobot
    Monday:Max Effort Upper Body - (Nov 14 I'm going for 175 x 3-5)
    (I might throw in some chins or pullups)

A. MAX-EFFORT LIFT – Work up to a max set of 3-5 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Bench Press

2nd 2 weeks: Weighted dips

B. SUPPLEMENTAL LIFT – Perform 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Incline dumbbell bench press

2nd 2 weeks: Dumbbell flyes

C. HORIZONTAL ROW – Perform 4 sets of 10-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: One arm Dumbbell Rows

2nd 2 weeks: T-bar Rows

D. REAR DELT/UPPER BACK – Perform 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Seated rear delt machine

2nd 2 weeks: Bent over DB raises

E. WEIGHTED ABDOMINAL EXERCISE – 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Weighted Situps

2nd 2 weeks: Leg Raises
    I was definitely not 100% and when did the 135 and it felt heavy I shouldve known I wasnt repping 175.Still got a workout in though and it almost went as planned.
    Heres how the workout went today...

Workout:

Bench Press:
    (I felt so weak but I'll be sure to do better next week)
    • 95 x 5
    • 135 x 7 (I wasnt paying attention and forgot I was only gonna do 3 )
    • 155 x 2
    • 175 x 1 (Barely got 1 and with no spotter I was done)
    • 165 x 3

Plate Loaded Leverage Incline:
    (I didnt feel like doing DBs today, maybe next week)
    • 140 x 10
    • 160 x 10
    • 180 x 7

One Arm DB Rows:
    • 60s x 10 LR
    • 70s x 8 LR

Rear Delt Reverse Flyes Machine:
    • 100 x 8
    • 90 x 8

This workout shoudlve lasted about 45 minutes but it ended up taking an hour, I allowed myself more rest becuase I wanted to finish my workout.I will do abs tonight at home and I might throw in some Goodmornings.I always do abs at home and wont have time till later on.I felt just as I thought, Like I should do more but I didnt want to over do it before I'm better.

I'll update my diet later...

Eats dogg crapp. hepennypacker52's Avatar
    hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000) hepennypacker52 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Noice chewy, noice.

2 busy workout days and a relaxed off day

Yesterday I left at 6:00 p.m. before dinner and went over to my uncles to fix his computer.I ate some oreos with milk (I was HUNGRY) while I was over there and ate a sub when I got home at 11:00 p.m.

Yesterdays diet:

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Lunch:

33 1 0 7

Spaghetti Noodles
    420 2 84 14

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

HP CEE

Post Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

HP CEE

ABB Glutaforce

Dinner:

Double Stuff Oreos
    420 21 57 0

Milk
    130 5 12 8

445 17 46 26

After Dinner:

Peanuts - Planters Dry Roasted
    340 28 10 16

330 6 60 14

Totals:
    2676 86 329 156

Today: Tuesday - November 15, 2005

I had to watch the time while I was at the gym today since I was expecting furniture delivery at home (came late).

Originally Posted by DoTheRobot

Tuesday:Max Effort Lower Body

A. MAX-EFFORT LIFT – Work up to a max set of 5 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Hack Squats

2nd 2 weeks: Front squats

B. UNILATERAL MOVEMENT – Perform 3-4 sets of 8-15 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Leg Press

2nd 2 weeks: Lunges

C. HAMSTRING / POSTERIOR CHAIN MOVEMENT – Perform 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Leg Curls

D. Calf Exercise - Perform 3-4 Sets of 6-10 reps.

1st 2 weeks: Standing Calf Raises

Todays workout went about as planned but I am definitely going to change max effort to some sort of squats or deadlift.The Hack squats hurt my knees even with a light weight which was weird since they were fine last week (maybe another set of warmups?) and they are not going to work as a max effort exercise.

Workout:

Leg Extensions:
    (Warm-up, I was only gonna do one warm-up but I was waiting for a squat rack)
    • 40 x 15

Hack Squats:
    (Feet low and close - hurt my knees even with light weight)
    • 90 x 5
    • 140 x 3
    • 160 x 3
    • 180 x 5
    (I probably couldve done some more with 180 and I shoudlve added weight and tried for Max Effort but they just didnt feel right and I dont want an injury)

45* Leg Press:
    (feet up and apart)
    • 180 x 10
    • 270 x 10

Leg Extensions:
    (My knees were kinda stiff so I did a light set relatively fast to loosen up)
    • 40 x 10

( Dropsets: ex. #x# - #x#, - = drop to )

Leg Curls:
    • 80 x 10
    • 100 x 6 - 80 x 4

Standing Calf Raise Machine:
    (Performed before, during, and after leg curls)
    • 80 x 10
    • 100 x 8 - 80 x 6 - 60 x 4 - 40 x 6

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

340 28 10 16

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

HP CEE

Post Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

HP CEE

ABB Glutaforce

Lunch:

445 17 46 26

Dinner:

Spaghetti Noodles
    210 1 42 7

195 3 0 39

Dinner Roll
    200 3 36 6

Domino's cheese pizza - 1 slice
    256 8 38 10

After Dinner:

340 28 10 16

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    430 11 66 18

Totals:
    3194 105 362 209

I had to go and finish up with my uncles computer around 4:30 p.m. and they had spaghetti so I ate some with some bread.I got home around 7:30 p.m. and my family had ordered pizza so I ate 1 slice.I ate the chicken later on and I will eat the oats here shortly.

Final Thoughts:

I had to be at home for the furniture delivery and it didnt even come till after I left to go to my uncles house.Todays workout was decent but the thing with my knees pisses me off.I will look through defrancos WS4SB again and decide what exercise I will do for ME Legs.On my repetition leg day I am thinking of trying the hack squats again but include the half squats at the end since those had really done the trick.I might change up my leg routine a little more in the near future cause my legs surely werent blasted today.I've got some DBs at home so I might throw in some Lunges if I feel I dont get enough of a workout at the gym next time.I might change my repetition leg day up before I even try it this week.I will follow WS4SB routine for a month and then change it up depending on how things go.

Tommorow should be an easy off day and I may go running if I feel like it.I have to wait on a phone call though becuase FedEx lost some furniture and they have no idea where it is (different then furniture delivered today).I don't see how they can just lose something almost as big as a couch, they managed to however.Updates a little late but yesterday I was real busy and same thing today.My off day should be calm so thats a relief.

Wednesday - OFF

Last night my knees started hurting, my left hurt today also.Other then that it was a typical rest day with plenty of rest.My Grandmother came over and cooked dinner, she will be doing this once a week for a while.Dinner was alright and the food was pretty healthy.I don't know if corn casserole is bad or not but it delicious so I don't care.The nutrition facts may not be correct on some of the dinner since its the only thing I couldnt get right off the package.

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Lunch:

445 17 46 26

Dinner:

Beef steak, fried, lean only eaten
    391 16 0 57

White Rice
    300 0 68 6

Broccoli, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
    50 1 9 5

corn casserole
    500 20 60 20

After Dinner:

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    645 17 99 27

Milk
    130 5 12 8

340 28 10 16

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Totals:
    3351 109 418 180

Tommorow I'm going to start my workout with a couple pullups as a warm-up and then see how many wide grip /""""\ pullups I can do.I will follow the rest of the workout as planned with benching 95 lbs as my repetition exercise with 60 seconds rest in between sets.I might throw in some weighted dips and maybe some shrugs or something, I'm not sure but it should be a good day.I will most likely have a spotter and although I'm not benching heavy I might be able to pull out a couple extra reps.

I wanted to see what my max was for wide grip pullups so I started with those.I got 8 full reps with chin over the bar.I used to only be able to do 1-2 when I first tried doing them, that was about 3 months ago and I was working out at home.The repetition bench was kinda akward, I probably couldve forced out a couple more but it put a burn on my shoulders instead of my chest.Other than that, the only other problem was the DB Press in which I shouldve started heavier.

Workout:

Wide Grip /"""""\ Pullups:
    (I did 3 regular pullups as a warm-up for these)
    • BW x 8

Bench Press:
    • 95 x 11 - 60 seconds rest
    • 95 x 8 - 60 seconds rest

Vertical Pull Supersetted with Stiff Arm Pulldowns:
    • CG Pullups x 4 & 100 x 10
    • Chins x 4 & 100 x 10

Dumbbell Presses:
    • 40s x 8
    • 35s x 8

Skullcrushers:
    (I did curls in between some sets)
    • 75 x 6
    • 65 x 12 (a little to much rest)

Easy Curl Bar Curls:
    • CG 75 x 6
    • WG 65 x 6 + 2 cheats

At home:

Giant Abs set 1:
    • Reverse Crunches x 30
    • Lying Leg Raises x 20
    • Side Crunches x 25 LR
    • Scissors x 100
    • Levers x 50
    • Cable Crunches 100 BF lbs x 30

Barbell Side Bends:
    • 45 x 15 LR

Good Mornings:
    (knees bent isolating lower back - nothing heavy and low reps so I'm not to sore)
    • 45 x 10

Giant Abs set 2:
    (I felt like throwing in another set)
    • Lying Leg Raises x 20
    • Cable Crunches 100 BF lbs x 20

Workout was pretty good and felt like a full workout.I left everything as I could remember it and it turned out good.I did everything but abs and lowerback at the gym and I am liking upper body repetition day.

Diet:

Breakfast:

Trix
    240 3 52 2

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Post Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

HP CEE

ABB Glutaforce

Lunch:

Turkey cheddar sub on white
    360 14 45 24

After Lunch:

Planter Sunflower Seeds
    160 14 5 7

340 28 10 16

Dinner:

195 3 0 39

After Dinner:

660 12 120 28

340 28 10 16

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    430 11 66 18

Milk
    130 5 12 8

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Totals:
    3303 118 374 215

Got up with a really bad headache so I went back to sleep and then awoke again sitll hurting so I took some advil and went to sleep.I had trix since we were out of mini wheats and I was in a rush after sleeping late.

Final Thoughts:

Pretty good workout at the gym and ab workout felt great at home.I think its cool that I have gotten up to 8 wg pullups and I'll have to try max chins next week.I hope I can get atleast 12 chins and I'm hoping for 15.Once I hit 15 I may start doing weighted chins.My uncle has done the body for life contest a couple times and when he was working out a couple years a go he could do wg pullups with 2 45 lb plates hanging.I've got a ways to go before that but definitely some improvement.

I don't know if I'm gonna workout as planned tommorow, maybe just a light day on machines.My knee is bothering me still and if it hurts then there will be no squats of any kind.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-18-2005 at 12:15 PM.

I found an example for todays workout on this ask joe article:
    http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...e_04-05-15.htm

Here’s a sample Repetition Lower Body template:

NOTE: Choose exercises from the list that you DIDN’T perform on your 1st lower body day.

A. Unilateral Movement - Perform 3 sets of 15 reps each leg
    *Choose from the following list of exercises:
    Single leg squats, back leg elevated
    Barbell step-ups with knee lift
    Barbell reverse lunges
    Barbell reverse lunges, front foot elevated
    Barbell reverse lunges, front foot elevated (with knee lift)
    Low-pulley split squats, front foot elevated
    Walking lunges
    “Speed-skater” squats (1 and a half rep single leg squats)
    Barbell step-ups

B. Posterior Chain / Hamstring movement – Perform 3-4 sets of 10-15 reps for TWO of the following exercises:
    Glute-ham raises
    Reverse hyperextensions
    Seated or standing good mornings
    Pull-throughs
    Leg curls
    Romanian deadlifts
    Stability ball hamstring lifts

C. Weak Point Training – Perform 1 exercise for 3-5 sets of a lagging body part
    (Common areas include – upper back, external rotators, abs, grip training, etc.)

I also had not paid attention to the fact that it says unilateral movement.I guess I will be doing lunges or single leg squats from now on.
    I will be leaving for the gym in about 10 minutes, I've been waiting to see if my knee feels better and it doesnt.I'll keep it light and I may only do machines there and then do some lunges when I get back home ???I don't know???

Yesterday: Friday 11/18/05

It felt good to have my lats sore today, they rarely get sore and since I'm not isolating them on one day its good to know theyre being worked with this routine.

After I got warming up before heading out to the gym, I decided that it wasnt worth it just to use some machines.I stayed home and did some one legged squats with one leg elevated and I like this exercise alot.I had planned on doing some lying leg curls on the Bowflex but I think I got enough out of my knee today, its better if I let it heal up.I did try some "Stability ball hamstring lifts" with an exercise ball I hardly use.It was a little deflated and I doubted the exercise but I definitely felt it work my hamstrings.To be an effective exercise I would have to find a way to add resistance and if I do I may throw some of these in to my workout for fun.

Workout:

One Legged Squats: -rear foot elevated-
    (Never tried these and decided to do them over lunges)
    • 20 lb DBs x 10 LR
    • 30 lb DBs x 10 LR

Once I got started my knee stopped bothering me temporarily???I only have 3 sets of DBs and those are 5s , 20s , and 30s but I will start doing these at the gym since I enjoyed them.They seem to hit the quads,hamstrings, and glutes.

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

HP CEE

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

340 28 10 16

Dinner:

Beef steak, breaded or floured, baked or fried, lean and fat eaten
    561 34 19 41

White Rice
    300 0 68 6

After Dinner:

330 6 60 14

340 28 10 16

Apple Sauce
    440 0 108 0

Totals:
    3001 116 379 131

Final Thoughts:

I hope my knee feels better soon, its cooled down alot and I have no excuse not to run after it heals.I will probably mow my grandmothers lawn this weekend and I guess I could consider it cardio (I could when it was 97 degrees).

I wan't to get started running and hope within 2 weeks to start a new running program I found to increase my 2 mile time.About 6-8 months ago I jogged 1.5 miles in 12 minutes so if I breathe and run properly I should be able to get to a 2 mile 12 without much trouble.If I run into problems running I can ask my uncle (who used to workout alot) since he was into running marathons and got my cousin doing the same.

I have to start going to bed much earlier too, I stay up way to late and sleep late also.By next week I wan't to be getting up by 8:00 which isnt early for most but would be great for me if done consistently.

I will probably change my workout again this week to incorporate more muscle endurance.I don't know how this will affect muscle growth but I need to get started on increasing my apft.I was gonna wait till a little later down the road but I realized that nows the time to step up and get things down.I will start a running program this week just to get back into it and increase the distance and time allowed as I go on.I have a plan figured out but I wont post it up till I finish my workout on monday and see how it goes.Basically I'm adding pushups to 3 days this week and more ab work.I'm changing the upper body repetition to the repetition bench and then a bunch of dips and various grip pullups.Not to much will change and I will post specifics on monday.I'll also update my diet tommorow.

been busy...

Update for weekend....No specifics since I don't remember.
    Saturday:
    Mini Wheats
    Turkey Cheddar Sub
    Popeyes Chicken Strips + Fries + Biscuit
    Peanuts and some other crap I'm sure, probably oatmeal or mini wheats at night also.
    Sunday:
    Mini Wheats
    Turkey Cheddar Sub
    Dominos Pizza - 2-3 cheese & 2-3 Pepperoni (its the weekend I don't need any crap about this)
    Peanuts and some other crap I'm sure, probably oatmeal or mini wheats at night also.

Weekend was busy with moving furniture and other crap.

Today was pretty good, I didnt follow the plan but who cares.I decided to add some more weighted dips and tried weighted chins for the first time.I think I worked my whole upper body, unlike last week.Tonight I will throw in some pushups and rest with flutterkicks.I have to do a mock apft this week to assess where I'm at physically.I will also do my weighted situps at that time.

Workout:

At The Gym -
    Bench Press:
    • 95 x 5
    • 135 x 5
    • 155 x 3
    • 175 x 3 (I probably couldve done atleast one more but no spotter)

Chest Dips:
    (some guy had plates on the incline leverage so I tried dips)
    • BW+25 x 9

Chinups:
    • BW+25 x 5

One Arm DB Rows:
    • 60s x 10 LR
    • 70s x 10 LR - last 2 on left were cheats

Rear Delt Reverse Flyes Machine:
    (Same as last week)
    • 100 x 8
    • 90 x 8

At home -
    This was the best pushup workout I have ever done and my chest was super pumped and my arms were pumped up pretty good also.

I came up with a plan for doing pushups, its simple and if you are trying to increase pushups its great.You do 5 pushups then rest for 5 seconds,10 pushups 10 seconds rest,15 pus and 15 rest - continue up to 30 in multiples of 5.If you cannot complete the pushups then go to your knees and finish.This really burned me out fast, I can normally do 50-55 pushups with good form but on the first set I only hit about 45.I think it was because I had my feet slightly elevated and I mean about 2 inches.Although it wasnt much it put more weight on me then normal.I felt like I was gonna die after the first set and then I rested 5 mins and did flutterkicks followed by 5 additional mins rest and the same after the second set.Thats all I intended to do but why quit there?I switched to pyramid training with 2 pushups for each number(see pyramid at bottom of page).I went up to 20 and back down, you shouldnt get more then 1 minute of rest in between sets but I was already dead and got up to 2 on the way down the pyramid.I did a total of about 340 pushups tonight and 150 4 count flutterkicks.I will do more abs tommorow.

Pushups:
    • 5 + 5,10 + 10,15 + 15,20 + 20,25 + 25,30 + finished (about the same on knees as 1st set - feet on ground)
    • 2,4,6,8,10,12,14,16,18,20,18,16,14,12,10,8,6,4,2 - rest = between 20 sec and 2 min

Flutterkicks:
    (Each set between pushups - These did not burn my abs out but torched my hip flexors)
    • 50 x 4 count
    • 50 x 4 count

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

340 28 10 16

Pre Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

HP CEE

Post Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Syntrax Nectar
    180 0 0 46

HP CEE

ABB Glutaforce

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

Dinner:

Hamburger, plain, on bun
    533 21 55 28

After Dinner:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    645 17 99 27

Planter Sunflower Seeds
    320 28 10 14

Totals:
    3135 114 333 220

Final Thoughts:

Pushups were awsome and so was the workout at the gym.I will be doing pushups 3 days this week and my repetition upper body is delayed till friday since I'm off of legs this week.That's right, my knee is bothering me still and I'm not risking injury.I'm taking advil and I'm ordering some joint stuff in a few minutes along with xtend.I will start running as soon as my knee is better and my leg workouts are gonna change some too.If anyone that reads this is having trouble increasing pushups for any PFT then try the workout I made up or the pushup pyramid workout and dont quit when your exhausted, go on your knees and finish up.I will do more abs tommorow since its now an off day.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-22-2005 at 10:57 AM.

Last night I purchased the following products:My order has already been shipped and with priority 2-3 and me living about 3 hours away, it shouldnt take long (it never does even with ups ground).

I love this site .

*Edit* - I forgot to add that today is my moms birthday!!!
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-22-2005 at 11:00 AM.

Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000) Togoro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey man, just wanna say it looks like you're doin an awesome job so far. I can't say how glad I am that Marc and the rest of the scivation crew decided to do this. This kind of intrinsic/extrinsic motivation they offer seems to be exactly what some people need to really take things to the next level. Keep it up big man.
    If one is born a male, at least once in his life he'll dream of becoming the strongest man alive.

"Once you do them you will own the squat."

-Fitnessman referring to 3-count squat pauses.

Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by Togoro
    Hey man, just wanna say it looks like you're doin an awesome job so far. I can't say how glad I am that Marc and the rest of the scivation crew decided to do this. This kind of intrinsic/extrinsic motivation they offer seems to be exactly what some people need to really take things to the next level. Keep it up big man.
    Thanks for the support, this contest has been a great motivator and seems that way for many.

Go knock some out

Tuesday:
    I was wrong about the Flutterkicks, my abs were aching so I let them rest.

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

Some kind of chocolate cake - nutrional value may be wrong but it was delicious
    767 40 97 10

Dinner:

Hamburger, plain, on bun
    533 21 55 28

After Dinner:

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    645 17 99 27

Apple Sauce
    440 0 108 0

Totals:
    3075 98 464 103

Wednesday:
    Nothing special, just some light PT to keep the momentum going.

PT:

Pushups:
    (Nothing beyond failure/burnout today, Friday will be more like monday and go beyond failure with whatever it takes.)
    • 40 - 30-60 seconds rest then
    • 10 + rest in pushup position for 10 seconds + 5
    • 30 - I was done with what I planned to do so I did some more.

Ab work:
    • Crunches x 20 + Reverse Crunches x 20 between sets then...
    • Flutterkicks, Leg Scissors, and Leg Levers x max for each mixed in here and there

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Post Workout:

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

ABB glutaforce

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

Lunch:

340 28 10 16

360 14 45 24

Apple Sauce
    440 0 108 0

Dinner:

260 4 0 52

After Dinner:

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    645 17 99 27

170 14 5 8

Apple Pie
    680 28 100 4

Totals:
    3384 111 427 185

Final Thoughts:
    I have been a total fat kid with the food this week and probably tommorow also.My bb.com order did not come today unfortunately and since tommorows thanksgiving most likely wont arrive till Friday.I hope it comes friday so I can test in on my new workout.Mondays and Fridays will be beyond what I think I can do and Wednesday will just be a maintanence day to recoupe will still doing some pt.I will still be hitting the gym and will start some leg work as soon as my knee is 100% to prevent further injury.I really need to run but the knee thing again...Hopefully a better warm-up in the future and listening to my body will prevent this from happening again.The joint stuff should be here Friday and I'll see how that goes.

Today is going well so far.I waited till about 2:30p.m. till I went to the gym since my mail hadnt run.I assumed my package wasnt coming today but it came while I was gone.I now have my joint stuff and my Xtend .

Workout:

Bench Press:
    • 95 x 30
    • 95 x 18
    • 95 x 10

Vertical Pulling:
    (WG=wide grip & CG= close grip)
    • Chins x 8
    • CG x 5
    • Pullups x 4

Dips:
    • BW x 9
    • BW x 6

Easy Curl Bar Curls:
    (NG- Normal Grip,CG- Close Grip,WG- Wide Grip
    • 75 x 3 NG x 3 CG x 3 WG - Kinda spaced this out and cheated on WG

Dumbbell Press:
    • 30s x 15
    • 40s x 6

Pullups:
    • BW x 6

PT:

Pushups:
    (Another killer PT day with plenty of knee pushups to tell my body to shape up )
    (the # following "+" is the rest time in seconds unless otherwise noted ex. # + 5 = 5 seconds rest)
    • 5 + 5, 10 + 10, 15 + 15, 20 + 20, 25 + 25, 30 + 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, 5
      (up to 20 without knees, then about 10-15 till knees following)(Down from 15 without knees)
    • 25 + 35, 20+5 knees + 35, 15

Ab Work:
    (Not much today but I realized I have some work to do on my abs)
    • Situps x ??? max + front rest + max x about 3 sets
      (Not sure on #s because the first 2 sets I couldnt keep the BB on my feet so I switched to DBs)

Good Mornings:
    (For the 85 I rigged my two 20 lb DBs to the sides, may not be safe but it worked )
    • 85 x 10
    • 45 x 10

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

Before Workout:

HP CEE

HP Liquid Amino Complete
    69 0 0 17

After Workout:

SciVation Xtend
    40 0 0 10

HP CEE

Dinner:

Beef steak, NS as to cooking method, NS as to fat eaten
    582 34 0 64

Potatoes, baked, flesh and skin, with salt
    165 0 38 3

Rolls, dinner, plain, commercially prepared (includes brown-and-serve)
    504 12 85 14

After PT:

Syntrax Nectar
    90 0 0 23

SciVation Xtend
    100 0 0 25

After Dinner:

340 28 10 16

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    645 17 99 27

Milk
    130 5 12 8

Apple Sauce
    220 0 54 0

Totals:
    3576 116 403 246

Final Thoughts:
    Pretty good workout and another great PT session.It felt really good to make myself do more than my body wants to.Hopefully I can bring my APFT for pushups up to atleast 70 (Fresh - Before Workout) in a month .My goal by January is 80 fresh and about 80 Situps too.Since I can't run yet I don'y know what my 2 mile time is but its atleast minimum and since I havent conducted a proper situps test I don't know where I stand there but definitely need improvement.I may get a chance for steak again tommorow which would be sweet.

The Xtend taste great and I'll review how it works later on.I don't know about the joint stuff either, any idea on long it takes to work?
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-25-2005 at 09:17 PM.

ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ComoComo3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sweet workout. At first I thought that was PR's for everything.. haha
    Current Weight - 170 pounds

Desired Weight - 185 pounds by January 1, 2006.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ComoComo3
    Sweet workout. At first I thought that was PR's for everything.. haha
    I havent really listed any PRs but I did get more reps on bench and I think everything else was just a little different.I did Dips instead of Skull Crushers and more Pullups which hurt my Curls but it was a pretty good day and felt good so thats good enough.

I just updated for today to include my PT and Diet in case you missed it.

Como you workout with HEPenny right?I checked out your log a couple of times and it looks good, good luck.

*Edit* - Since its repetition day I had to get enough "good"s in
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-25-2005 at 09:24 PM.

Angry I hate being sick

Well, my throat started feeling itchy Thursday and continued Friday with a slight burn.Saturday I awoke with a horrible sore throat and felt like crap all day.I missed out on stake because I did not want to get my grand parents sick.I took medicine thoughout the day and when my parents got home they had bought me a veriety of crap to try.I found that "Chloraseptic sore throat relief strips" work great.Sunday was worse, my throat wasnt much worse but there was alot of swelling.Today, my throat isnt that bad and I seem to be getting better.I'm taking medecine throughout the day and I'm congested but still feeling better.I'm holding off my workout till tommorow just to give myself a little more healing time.I'm afraid I might have an infection or something since I keep getting sick but who knows.If it happens again I'm going to the doctor for antibiotics.

I don't know if the joint stuff did it but my knee is feeling better, it feels good enough to workout on but I may leave running and a leg day till the end of the week just in case.

I got the 345g Watermelon of Xtend and it taste great.Although its only been one use, I think the Xtend kicks ass.I can't guarantee it is responsible but I was not sore on Saturday.Further use will probably help verify this but so far it rocks .

I would also like to thank Scivation/Primaforce since my Substance Abuser shirt arrived today.I got a Large and its awsome.Most of my "gym" shirts are old and when I do pullups they raise up slightly over my stomach, this one hangs low enough that it wont be a problem and looks great too.This was an unexpected and great gift to recieve and I may post pictures of it later(Everyone else probably got thiers to but oh well).

I'll post my horrible weekend diet and todays also.

Unless its necessary, screw the weekend.I am very tired but still feeling better then yesterday.Tommorow I'm definitely going to the gym and doing my max bench and whatever else is on me day plus dips and pullups.I will also do my PT tommorow but probably make it a "maintainance" day and do pushups throughout the day so I don't overheat and get sick again.

Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

Dinner:

Salmon cake or patty
    521 31 28 33

White Rice
    400 0 90 8

After Dinner:

330 6 60 14

Totals:
    1941 57 283 93

I saw that a few others had gotten thier shirts and someone already posted a picture so there is no need for me to go through the trouble.Awsome shirts, now I have to buy some substance.

Todays workout went real well considering I'm still recovering.Towards the end I noticed alot of swelling but once I got home I realized the time at that I'm late on my medecine.I got some PRs today, bench went up and I got more dips.I noticed that alot of people do not go below parallel which is fine but I prefer going all the way down and up even if it means fewer dips.

Workout:

Bench Press:
    (185 today - I was worried about trying this without a spotter considering I'm sick but it went well and I only struggled on the last rep)
    • 95 x 5
    • 135 x 5
    • 155 x 3
    • 165 x 2
    • 175 x 2
    • 185 x 3

Chest Dips:
    • BW x 18
    • BW+25 x 8
    • BW+20 x 7
    • BW x 8

Vertical Pulling:
    (My throat was swelling towards the end of this and I couldnt breathe right)
    • WG /"""""\ x 7
    • Chins x 7
    • CG x 3+1 pullup - not enough rest

Rear Delt Machine Flyes:
    (I could already feel my shoulders before these, I guess because of the pullups and dips?)
    • 100 x 8
    • 90 x 8

Chinups:
    • BW x 6

I almost didnt do any PT because I was tired enough to fall asleep if I laid down.I manned up and got in 100 real pushups and of course the 10 girl knee pushups .Not much but all I can do tonight without sleeping on the floor .

PT:

Pushups:
    • Dumbbell Side Raises - 20s x 8 LR - Decided to throw these in for side delts
    • 25 + 30 seconds FLR + 25 Pushups - last 10 on knees
    • 20 + 20 seconds FLR + 20 Pushups

To tired for abs but I'll get some flutter kicks or situps in tommorow or thursday for sure.

Sick Diet:

Breakfast:

330 6 60 14

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

Pre Workout:

SciVation Xtend
    40 0 0 10

Post Workout:

SciVation Xtend
    40 0 0 10

HP CEE

510 42 15 24

Dinner:

Popeyes Chicken Strip
    420 20 32 32

Popeyes Fries
    261 12 34 3

Totals:
    1961 94 186 117

We didnt have any real food except for something that was frozen and needed to thaw out.I'll eat that tommorow but for tonight I went to popeyes since its right down the road and I was hungry.

Final Thoughts:
    My diet isnt back on track yet but it will get there.I'm not eating enough and I don't feel that I can.I lost some weight last time I got sick and this time aswell but I should still be able to make all my goals.

Workout was pretty good today but I was to tired to do any real pt.I hope to run on Thursday or Friday and do some body weight leg work before I get in to anymore heavy stuff.I shouldve laid off my knee right after it started hurting.Even though it didnt seem like it, I had to of done something bad to it for it to hurt that long and for the pain to worsen like that ...Its getting better now though.

I will probably rest tommorow and comment on the Xtend.My next time in the gym this week I will do 50 chin/pullups in as few sets as possible and 50 Dips, I will also do my repetition bench and some curls.My next PT session will have to be way more intense if I want to get anywhere but for sick and tired this will do (I'm about to fall asleep in my chair).
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 11-29-2005 at 08:20 PM.

I have to help my grandmother move things tommorow so that kinda a fill in workout but nothing much.I will try to eat more and real food thats healthy.I will probably swing by the store and pick up some food so I wont resort to popeyes . I'm tired and sick and tired of being sick so I'm out for the night.

I was busy yesterday and didnt update.I was not sore!The Xtend seems to work great, glutamine alone helped a little but this is better.

I just got off of my exercise bike and before I go again I figured I'd rest with an update.

Cardio:

Exercise Bike: Proform GL36 = Most Uncomfortable Seat Ever!
    (I wanted to be on the safe side so I used my exercise bike instead of a run)
    • Smart Program - Performance Interval - 30 minutes - 7.5+ miles

This is the most "Intense" setting on this thing and its not that bad.It starts slow and with a low resistance and then will add and reduce speed and resistance throughout the workout.The best part of it is that it will go from a moderate pace on a high resistance to the fastest pace at the lowest resistance like 5 times each for a minute.It changes every minute and while the resistance changes automatically you of course have to go as fast as it tells you.I will admit that in the past when I was out of shape even the lower setting would kick my ass.

Exercise Bike: Proform GL36 = Most Uncomfortable Seat Ever!
    • 15 minutes with atleast 5 at almost top speed with resistance of 6,7,and 8
    (this was the auto heart rate program and when I could feel it in my knees I stopped and di a slow low resistance 2 minute cool down followed by stretching)

With the pace I would say the second session brought the mileage up to atleast 12 not that it is accurate but not a bad workout either.The heart rate thing wouldnt even read correctly after the 15 minutes so I didnt even know how high it got.It felt much higher than the previous workout that reached a puny 150-155 max.I guess I need new batteries for it, the LCD was fading through both workouts and I've had the same batteries for almost a year (I havent used it recently, atleast not frequently.).

Diet:

Breakfast:

660 12 120 28

Lunch:

360 14 45 24

340 28 10 16

Dinner:

260 4 0 52

Broccoli, cooked, NS as to form, NS as to fat added in cooking
    91 5 9 5

Bread, cornbread, dry mix, prepared
    565 18 87 13

After Dinner:

Quakers Oats w/ 2% milk
    430 11 66 18

Milk
    130 5 12 8

340 28 10 16

Totals:
    3176 125 359 180

Final Thoughts:
    !!!I will run this weekend!!!

I will hit the gym tommorow for another repetition workout with PT afterwards.I want to see how long I can stay in the front leaning rest position also.I might stay away from pullups but I havent decided, I didnt do any rows on Tuesday because my back was bothering and I want to let it heal so pullups may not work.

I think I might try a heavier weight for the repetition bench, maybe go for 135 since it is the next step up.I'm feeling better for the most part so my health won't be a factor.I might try and max on a set of dips going fast instead of my normal slow negatives ??? I don't know but we'll see.
    Last edited by DoTheRobot; 12-01-2005 at 10:07 PM.

Exclamation Take Notice

I got it figured out now for my listings.The orange for cardio was too bright so I went with teal.Everything is as follows:
    • PT
    • Cardio
    • Diet

Update: I'm bored

Thumbs down !!!!!woooooowwww!!!!!

WOW!!!Thats all I can think about.Today was the crappiest workout ever.I felt like total crap and I had zero energy.To top all that off, on my way out of the gym I got a powerade out of the cooler, I buy one after each workout, right after I pulled it out as I was closing the door I dropped it.This was only a 2-3 foot drop but the lid blasted off and the powerade spilled all over the floor.I kept apologizing and felt like an idiot, a really embarrassed idiot.After that I think everything that can go wrong did go wrong.I won't get into it but its been crap.

Workout:

Bench Press:
    (I decided to try 135 today for my repetition lift, bad move.)
    • 95 x 5 - warm-up
    • 135 x 16 - (I went for 17 but it wasnt happening.I rested the weight on my chest for 10-20 seconds and tried again with no luck.I just set the weight at my hips and leaned up to notice someone was coming to help me.I was able to stand up and hold the weight so they just put it back up for me.Its nice to know that if it was some serious weight crushing me they would have helped but fortunately this was light so that wasnt necessary.
    • 95 x 16
    • 95 x 10

Vertical Pulling:
    (I decided to do these since my back wasnt hurting but I had no energy)
    • Chins x 9
    • Pullups x 5

Dips:
    (I did these the same speed I always do)
    • BW x 10

Dumbbell Press:
    • 30s x 10

Chinups:
    • BW x 8

I got in 25 Dips and 25 Vertical Pulls total and didnt bother with anything extra.Today was just a total crapfest and the only reason I can think of is that its my first day without medecine and I'm still not 100% or even 95%.I'm gonna take some pills and get in some PT with lots of Ab work later.