Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Babs is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    but then again the bench press is the same motion as a pushup. Perhaps weighted pushups would be better than becnch, if you can take the brunt of a backup with 200+ pounds of weights in it.

Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000) Melkor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Perhaps, but with a pushup your hands locked in place and can't find their natural "groove" so I don't know if that would hold true for them or not... Good question though.
    A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

"Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him."
    -Nietzsche

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by John_Thomas

For crying out loud, I am sick of this 'deadlifts don't build traps' bull****. It is not a direct trapezius exercise, but at the top of the motion there is a 'chest thrust' motion, which feels a bit like a shrug. Shrugs do build traps, therefore they can assist in the development. Its a bit like saying 'chins don't build the biceps' or 'benching won't build your triceps' - it is, and they are, compound movements, and consequently they will all help with various muscle groups. It isn't written anywhere, you just have to think about how the different muscle groups work whilst performing a lift. Now, get over it.
    well i want the last say on this so here is what i think. they don't do anyhting for me. sure compound movements build more than one muscle but they just don't have any significant effect on me. wether they do or they do not, it does not matter. it doesn't effect anything i do. but if someone asks what builds traps i will say bb shrygs then db shrugs then upright rows. ven if some people deem them dangerous. actually hearing you say that they f'd you up, i would no longer recomend them.

D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000) D-Termine is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally posted by D&G
    do dips - they are better than decline bench because they involve moving the whole body and most importantly don't argue in the exercise section

first, what the hell does manamana do doo doo doo meqan?

second, i would love to see a study that shows dips being better than decline db. those are personal favorites of mine and really light up my chest

Jüggalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jüggalo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by D-Termine

well i want the last say on this so here is what i think. they don't do anyhting for me. sure compound movements build more than one muscle but they just don't have any significant effect on me. wether they do or they do not, it does not matter. it doesn't effect anything i do. but if someone asks what builds traps i will say bb shrygs then db shrugs then upright rows. ven if some people deem them dangerous. actually hearing you say that they f'd you up, i would no longer recomend them.
    You can want your last say - and if someone asks what specifically builds traps, I wouldn't expect you to say Deadlifts. But the fact remains that Deadlifts can help with your trap size and strength.
    Commitment is for men who are too lazy to commit suidide
    - Me, 2002

Marriage is for men who can't stomach a drinking problem
    - Me, 2002

Sorry to depress you Mrs Bridges, but we are all out of Prozac
    - Harry Enfield

Suicide is effective these days, try it.
    - Colibri

The only thing we can draw from this is that jokes about other cultures aren't racist, its just that they have no sense of humour about themselves
    - Shaun Micallef

Sorry Wendy, but I just don't trust something that bleeds for five days and doesn't die
    - Mr Garrison

drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewbie 51 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    actually dips are a better movement than decline because they effect more muscles, like lats. And I have my own theory that any movement that involves moving your body instead of a weight is more productive, its just a theory

Studying Nutrition 24/7 ManOfSteel2003's Avatar
    ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ManOfSteel2003 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Thanks Buff Daddy, we were on the same wavelength there. I wasn't asking for the "physiology" of the chect muscles, just the exercises used to try to target the LOWER PORTION of the pectoralis major rather than the upper by different inclines and exercises. Thanks for all the input you guys. Later.
    Currently bulking...goal 3lbs+ increase every month.

spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100) spikeithard is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have always struggled with the lower chest (part between armpits and nipples lol) I am starting to believe its about me genetics

I always wanted to have a nice long, broad and full chest. the upper part is decent and so is the middle sternum area.
    "Morality is doing what is right, no matter what you are told.
    Religion is doing what you are told, no matter what is right."

GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GonnaGetBig7 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by spikeithard View Post
    I have always struggled with the lower chest (part between armpits and nipples lol) I am starting to believe its about me genetics

I always wanted to have a nice long, broad and full chest. the upper part is decent and so is the middle sternum area.
    Strong 11 year bump.

With my less impressive 3 month bump, I'd like to ask if decline DB is an adequate replacement for a flat DB press (I never use BB because I go by myself and don't have a spotter). I've been doing incline & flat, been wondering if it'd be beneficial to add in decline, or even replace flat with it. Any advice from the more experienced lifters?

JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100) JayLutz91 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
    You can emphasize different parts of a muscle, but you really can't isolate anything. You are still exercising the muscle as a whole. I personally do decline DB press because I feel that it hit my pecs hard, and makes them grow. It may add some size to the lower portion of my pecs, it may not. But I know that it makes my chest as a whole grow, and my lower chest is part of my chest () so it grows too.
    ^I think this is the smartest reply by far.
    Last edited by JayLutz91; 07-22-2014 at 07:07 PM.

dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000) dknatural74 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weighted dips super-setted with low cable cross- overs do the trick for me. I have a chest/tri day and do this superset at the end of my chest routine. It really pumps up the tri's and gets them ready for pushdowns to follow..

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why does this thread keep getting bumped

SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmithP06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Building up your Lower Chest Exercise is no easy task considering most people have a certain genetic makeup that might make it easier or harder for you to do depending on your body type. You can try some exercise like

Decline press
    Decline flys
    High cables

Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Imow is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    The best is the chest dips. vince gironda dips with your elbows out to the sides... Works the outer and lower chest...
    look up vince gironda chest dips

DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10) DlackBick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ManOfSteel2003 View Post
    What exercises besides dips and declined bench can build your lower chest? Should you do declined dumbell exercises?
    Have u tried doing gironda dips? Those really set pecs on fire, if you don't have shoulder issues.

edit: oh.. guy above said it already

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The reason dips, etc help with "lower" chest is that you're introducing a different angle of attack on the muscle than just flat and incline. When you do this, you're adding stimulus and thus more growth potential. Yes it makes your "lower" pecs bigger but also the rest of the pec too.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DlackBick View Post
    Have u tried doing gironda dips? Those really set pecs on fire, if you don't have shoulder issues.

edit: oh.. guy above said it already
    thanks for replying to a 13 year old thread. OP finally has the answer he was looking for.