SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000)

Weight gainer vs Creatine for me

Hi, I'm 15 years old, 134 lbs, and I'm currently in football. I plan to be playing football next year, and the year after that. My goal is to get to around 165 lbs by next year if not more (I want more). I dont know, should I take creatine for the extra boost and the water retension in muscles for extra weight, or should I go with weight gainer? I really have no clue right now, so please, comment.

veritas vos liberabit NumberTwentyTwo's Avatar
    NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NumberTwentyTwo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wow u have a lot to learn

first, spend as much time as possible on these forums to learn

2nd, get whey protein...on 100% is very good.

eat like 6 meals a day and train hard.

somebody needs to post the infamous rules by pure energy!!!!

edit:read all the stickies

SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000) SeP is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NumberTwentyTwo
    wow u have a lot to learn

first, spend as much time as possible on these forums to learn

2nd, get whey protein...on 100% is very good.

eat like 6 meals a day and train hard.

somebody needs to post the infamous rules by pure energy!!!!

edit:read all the stickies

1. Have 100% whey protein, ON

2. Know many things about creatine, not much at all about weight gainer

3. 6 meals a day isnt really in the game plan, but I do know about it, but I dont know if i can do this

4. have read stickies.

5. other comments?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SeP
    Hi, I'm 15 years old, 134 lbs, and I'm currently in football. I plan to be playing football next year, and the year after that. My goal is to get to around 165 lbs by next year if not more (I want more). I dont know, should I take creatine for the extra boost and the water retension in muscles for extra weight, or should I go with weight gainer? I really have no clue right now, so please, comment.

Diet:

-Total daily calorie intake. This is what will make / break you

- It is NOT efficient to try and lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time

- BMR and nutrition calculator (click here)

- Total Daily Protein Intake (for best results I recommend AROUND 2g per lb of bodyweight)

- Fatloss basics. READ IT:

- Foods (Good vs. Bad):

- If there was ONE SINGLE KEY to the gains I made in the 1 1/2 years when I went from 175-225 (my best.. leanest gains), it is OATS / STEEL CUT OATS ! The emphasis here is that oats / steel cut oats are a INEXPENSIVE, HEALTHY, yet VERY CALORIE DENSE FOOD. I saw lean gains like I had never seen before. But NO THEY DON'T TASTE GOOD. YOU HAVE TO FORCE FEED THEM. This gets old fast. I added about 1 cup of oats to each protein shake.

When bulking (to gain lean muscle mass), I aim for:

- 1lb lean beef per day
    - 1 Gallon Skim Milk per day
    - Around 2000 cals per day from oats
    - Lots of protein shakes (up to 8 per day)
    - Lean chicken
    - Lean turkey
    - Lean beef / sloppy Joes (manwich)
    - Hamburger Helper
    - Lots of pasta
    - Lots of tuna
    - Potatoes
    - Rice (Note: If you can afford it you can do things like boneless chicken breast, steaks etc.. etc..)
    - Veggies (Fresh if possible)

When cutting (to lose fat):

- I eat many of the same foods above, but with a lower TOTAL DAILY CALORIE INTAKE

- I put a emphasis on PRE- and POST-workout nutrition, and the end result is that most of my calories are eaten before my afternoon workout. I have found this to be ideal (for me).

Supplements:

- Supplements / Companies to avoid: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...0&postcount=81

- SAVE $$$$$ ! ! STICK WITH THE BASICS ! ! )- Stay on creatine, there is no need to cycle it ! (cycling and loading are totally optional)

- Creatine timing (when / how to take it):- For best results, aim for AROUND 2g of total daily protein intake per lb of bodyweight EVERY SINGLE DAY ! !

Example:
    Bodyweight: 200lbs
    Total daily protein intake: 400g
    Here is why:

Workout / Routine:

- I recommend a MAX-OT, 5x5, HST (or similar) routine with a EMPHASIS ON:
    - Squatting / Leg pressing
    - Deadlifts
    - Barbell benchpress
    (Including flat / decline / incline)
    - Both BB's and DB's for best results

- Concentrate more on measurements and less on bodyweight

- Weigh yourself once a week. Should gain (or lose) around 1lb per week (depending on goals).

- Concentrate on form first, in order to stay injury free

- Emphasize both range of motion, and mind-muscle connection

- With intensity, strength gains, and a proper bodybuilding diet, the size gains (or fatloss) will come

- Make sure and have a spotter when working out your major muscle groups, preferrably someone bigger than you

- Don't be scared of overtraining. Simply listen (pay attention) to your body, and ask more questions later if you think you are overtraining.

Cardio:

- If possible, do cardio at least 8 hours from when you lift weights

- If possible, do cardio in the AM after sleeping.

- No need to do cardio on a empty stomach, but many prefer to due to nausea

- Jumping rope is a very efficient form of cardio

- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a efficient form of cardio

Recovery (A.K.A GROWTH !):

- With proper intensity MUST COME PROPER RECOVERY !

- Make sure and get enough protein right before you go to sleep.

- Make sure and get enough protein/carbs right when you wake up

- Make sure and get enough deep, quality sleep (Not getting enough quality sleep is the #1 newbie mistake. You should aim for at least 8 QUALITY hours of sleep per night): - Make sure and get enough protein / calories on off days (This is when your body will be recovering) It is important to be consistent !

- Make sure and get proper pre and post-workout nutrition:
    Carbs pre and post workout.
    Protein pre and post workout.
    Creatine pre and post workout:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

H20 / Cell volumization:

- Make sure and drink enough water throughout the day (This is CRITICAL ! !) I drink about 1 liter per hour. (Keep in mind I am currently over 240lbs so you may not need this much) Click here to read about why this is SO IMPORTANT:
    Good luck !

Disclaimer: The above post is IN MY OPINION, or IN MY EXPERIENCE, unless otherwise noted.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) musclemilk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lots of food will do the trick

MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OH................

PU Strikes again
    I Don't Get It

thanks pure energy, your food list really did help me out and I will take creatine, not weight gainer. I have a question though, many people think many creatines are "best" why did you choose the ones you did in your post?

I was planning on going with the prolab creatine, as I've seen many people post terrific things about it.

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SeP
    thanks pure energy, your food list really did help me out and I will take creatine, not weight gainer. I have a question though, many people think many creatines are "best" why did you choose the ones you did in your post?

I was planning on going with the prolab creatine, as I've seen many people post terrific things about it.
    Cheap and effective... prolab is Creapure™.. so that will be fine
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience