Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10) niceasey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does heat destroy whey?

Simple question does heat destroy whey protein.

I'm rather fond of porridge and was wondering if throwing in a couple of scoops of whey and then cooking it will damage the structure of the protein?

Regards,

Nick
    http://www.myspace.com/nicholaseasey

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It denatures it, but doesn't completely destroy it. I throw a scoop of whey in coffee sometimes.

Your best bet is to add the whey after you cook the porrage, to minimize the denaturing.

uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so if i was to make biscuits cooked on a high heat i would fully deystroy the whey protein?
    supps

cell biolgy whey
    muscle tab

dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dropxxzone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by uber_buff
    so if i was to make biscuits cooked on a high heat i would fully deystroy the whey protein?
    I guess if you cook it slow on lower heat (Ie: making your own protein bars) it will preserve the protein more.

BoingoBoingoBoingoBoingo TinyMan's Avatar
    TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TinyMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by uber_buff
    No, it will not destroy the whey protein. Denaturing means that the structure of the whey starts to unfold (breaking of weak bonds within the structure). Because of this, it will be less biologically active, but probably the most noticable effect is that it becomes much more 'stiff.' Whenever I try cooking with it, I can certainly tell the difference in texture. However, the protein itself is not destroyed - if you put in 30g of protein, you get 30g out.

Cooking at a lower temperature may help reduce the effects of the denaturing, but whey protein is not very stable on it's own, and will denature quickly. I'd be more concerned with the texture of your baking, rather than the effects of heating whey.

Tinyman
    I remember being relevant.

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Milk properties/proteins are heat sensitive, particularly at temperatures above 70 C/158 F, so if you want to add them to your oats or other hot foods do it right before eating them. You can also use any No-Bake recipe you like, just add in the protein powder amount you desire, for example:

No-Bake Cheese Cake:

1 Cup boiling water
    1/2 -1 package (1/4 ounce size) Unflavored Gelatin
    1/8-1/4 Cup Splenda (you can add 1/8, taste the filling then adjust)
    1 Cup Lowfat Cottage Cheese
    1 Cup fresh fruit pieces, low-fat caramel sauce or lowfat chocolate sauce
    4-6 scoops of protein powder
    1 (9 inch) low fat graham cracker pie crust

Stir boiling water into gelatin in small bowl 2 to 3 minutes or until completely dissolved; cool below 140 F. Pour into blender container. Add cottage cheese and protein powder; cover. Blend until smooth; pour over crust.

Refrigerate 1 hour or until set. Arrange fruit on top of cheesecake or pour sauce over individual slices when served. Garnish with thawed fat-free whipped topping.

No Bake Oatmeal Cookies:

2 cups Splenda
    4 tablespoons cocoa powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2/3 cup milk
    3/4-1 cup peanut butter
    6-8 scoops protein powder
    3 cups oats

Bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil and remove from heat and let coo to 140. Add peanut butter, protein powder and oats; mix well. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let cool until set.

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) uber_buff has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TinyMan
    No, it will not destroy the whey protein. Denaturing means that the structure of the whey starts to unfold (breaking of weak bonds within the structure). Because of this, it will be less biologically active, but probably the most noticable effect is that it becomes much more 'stiff.' Whenever I try cooking with it, I can certainly tell the difference in texture. However, the protein itself is not destroyed - if you put in 30g of protein, you get 30g out.

Tinyman
    cool because ive made the non cooking bars and there pretty sloppy or sticky but very filing.Im going to try a baked biscute next time.I may even try those non baked oatmeat cookies.
    ive only been working out for a few months and im only just getting into all the bulking diet stuff and i find it hard to eat heaps of food so i need these calorie dense cookies or bars
    supps

cell biolgy whey
    muscle tab

The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) The Doc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TinyMan

Cooking at a lower temperature may help reduce the effects of the denaturing, but whey protein is not very stable on it's own, and will denature quickly. I'd be more concerned with the texture of your baking, rather than the effects of heating whey.

Tinyman
    When a protein is denatured, the molecule's tertiary structure is corrupted. This disruption affects the molecule's secondary (helical) structure without altering its primary structure. In other words, denaturation does not break any of the primary chemical bonds that link one amino acid to another but it changes the way the protein folds in upon itself. Denaturation occurs when proteins are exposed to strong acids or bases, high concentrations of inorganic salts, or organic solvents such as alcohol. In addition, heat or irradiation can cause denaturation. When the three-dimensional structure of the protein is disrupted, the molecule's biological activity is affected. Therefore, enzymes do not have the same catalytic function when they are denatured.

Denaturation can have many detrimental side effects. In biological systems, denatured proteins can result in illness or even death. In fact protein denaturation is linked to many diseases such as prion encephalopathies, Alzheimer's disease and dementias.

As for the stiffening, that's the result of the denatured proteins. It's gelling like pudding or jello because it's denatured. I think we all know how bio-available jello is compared to protein powder .

The Doc
    I do not have an M.D. or a Ph.D., Doc is a nickname, please don't ask me about your personal itching.

Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jackadise is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I dont know about the whey but it make the ASPARTAME in it taste like CRAP!

Mix it with cool coffee or DIET Continental choc soy milk, yummy in my tummy!
    ****Don't forget, Good Reps For Good Posts!****

8am8am has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Jackadise
    I dont know about the whey but it make the ASPARTAME in it taste like CRAP!

Mix it with cool coffee or DIET Continental choc soy milk, yummy in my tummy!

yes and if you had oatmeal tp you're chocolat soy milk it's even better !!!!

Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Timr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by The Doc
    When a protein is denatured, the molecule's tertiary structure is corrupted. This disruption affects the molecule's secondary (helical) structure without altering its primary structure. In other words, denaturation does not break any of the primary chemical bonds that link one amino acid to another but it changes the way the protein folds in upon itself. Denaturation occurs when proteins are exposed to strong acids or bases, high concentrations of inorganic salts, or organic solvents such as alcohol. In addition, heat or irradiation can cause denaturation. When the three-dimensional structure of the protein is disrupted, the molecule's biological activity is affected. Therefore, enzymes do not have the same catalytic function when they are denatured.

Denaturation can have many detrimental side effects. In biological systems, denatured proteins can result in illness or even death. In fact protein denaturation is linked to many diseases such as prion encephalopathies, Alzheimer's disease and dementias.

As for the stiffening, that's the result of the denatured proteins. It's gelling like pudding or jello because it's denatured. I think we all know how bio-available jello is compared to protein powder .

The Doc
    I think I'd listen to that guy. When someone has ten times the amount of rep power as actual posts, you know they must be doing something right.
    ~ 01/01/02 ~
    Weight: 265lb
    Height: 182cm (6"0)
    Bodyfat: Frightening

~ 01/01/03 ~
    Weight: 155lb
    Bodyfat: 10%

~ 03/12/05 ~
    Weight: 195lb
    Bodyfat: 15%

"Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you insult them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes."

nebuchadnezzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Timr View Post
    I think I'd listen to that guy. When someone has ten times the amount of rep power as actual posts, you know they must be doing something right.
    Denaturation does not cause harmful side effects in digestion. We can heat up eggs, milk, and any other foods with protein. It denatures them, but we can still digest and use them. I don't think The Doc was saying that they are harmful to eat.

stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100) stevesteves is not very well liked. (-100)
    does the same thing happen to casein?

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by niceasey View Post

I'm rather fond of porridge and was wondering if throwing in a couple of scoops of whey and then cooking it will damage the structure of the protein?

Regards,

Nick
    It doesn't really matter what happens to the protein structure. During digestion you have peptidases that break the proteins down into amino acids and they get taken up in the intestine and then enter the bloodstream. Proteins generally don't make it into the bloodstream. If they did they could trigger an immune reaction.

mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mannydawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice 6 year bump...

Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100) Superclubby is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'd don't muck around with making bars I just scoop the powder straight into my mouth

brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500) brotatorcuff is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ^nice 7 year bump

shanewaller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

protein pancakes

I have been making pancakes in the am with two scoops of dynamite protein. I cook them on slow. Just wondering if it decreases any factors. It helps me with eating cause it tricks my body into thinking I'm eating regular pancakes. I cook 6 eggs with this meal.

Slicing up eyeballs ChiBearsfan's Avatar
    ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChiBearsfan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by The Doc View Post

The Doc
    I've read cooking any meat denatures the protein in it.

So, every meal I've eaten in 40 years has had these detrimental side effects?

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Strong bump in this thread.
    Eat the damn yolk.

JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10) JayVics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by niceasey View Post

Regards,

Nick
    No, it doesn't. I love baking with protein powder and don't worry about this happening because it doesn't. The structure of the protein will change (Hence "denaturing"), but your body will still absorb the same amino acids and the nutritional profile will be the same.

Jay

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Strong bump in this thread.
    Proof that neither heat nor time can destroy whey.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Proof that heat nor time can destroy whey.
    Most versatile supplement on the planet.
    Eat the damn yolk.

KawaiiRenekton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you think egg and meat are good sources of protein? Do you eat them raw ?
    Egg white becoming solid is exactly the "gelling" of the protein in them.

Denatured proteins are as good as any as far as nutrition is concerned.

------
    Sorry for the bump but couldn't resist.

jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

The Doc
    Doesn't your stomach denature protein though? Not to mention all cooked protein is denatured, so how are they linked with those diseases?
    I know this thread is old as **** but I figure someone might be able to give me some more insight.

KawaiiRenekton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jinkty View Post
    Doesn't your stomach denature protein though? Not to mention all cooked protein is denatured, so how are they linked with those diseases?
    I know this thread is old as **** but I figure someone might be able to give me some more insight.
    Enzymes are special proteins which regulate biological processes. They act as keys to biological locks opening and shutting them down when needed. So when the key gets broken or twisted, those processes are thrown in disarray ==> diseases and disorders. But if you are interested in just melting down the key to use its iron, then it does not matter if the key is broken/twisted i.e denatured.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jinkty View Post
    The Doc has his doctorate in bro science.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/musc...-you-grow.html
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Heated-up protein foods.............The Silent Killers
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000) esb32 is just really nice. (+1000)

The Doc

like your stomach
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are"
    -T. Roose

dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000) dee45special is a complete loser! (-2000)
    There is a difference between dietary protein and proteins that are product from translation of and expression from genetic material. Let me sum it up:

- denatured proteins in your cells that make up the structure and function of human biology = potentially harmful.
    - denatured protein that make up my meal = delicious

Unless there is a serious problem with your GI tract you are not absorbing protein, denatured or otherwise. Your body breaks protein down to the amino acids which they are made of in the stomach by heat, acid, and the action of enzymes and those amino acids are absorbed in the small intestine.

Its obviously way more complicated than that. Point is, heating whey and other proteins is fine. We've been doing it since before the time of writing.
    A Powerlifting, Basketball Playing, Nutritionist