gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Arrow Trying to bulk up!

i am 16 5'8 120 lb. and have been weight training on and off for 2 years,
    bench press max- 80x 10
    shoulder raises - 50 x 10
    lat. pull- 87.5 x 10
    peck deck - 75 x 10
    leg extentions - 87.5 x 12
    biseps - 25 x 12
    trceps pulls - 27.5 x 15

i am trying to bulk up to 160 and maybe even higher, but dont noe what to eat everyday, i was thinking about stopping by GNC and buying a whey protein powder, but read that they are overpriced, on this forum. how much grams should i buyand can i take creatine at my age?
    Also i heard that dead lifts can stunt ur growth, so am scared of doing them, but when i do them, i get results.
    How old do i have to be to take flaxseed oil pills?
    do i need vatamins if i am taking a protien shake?
    i work out in school around 12:20PM in the afternoon.
    ~~~~~
    SRY , but its better to ask , then to be the one thats left out, u noe what i mean?

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gmanz73
    bench press max- 80x 10
    lat. pull- 87.5 x 10
    peck deck - 75 x 10
    biseps - 25 x 12
    trceps pulls - 27.5 x 15

i am trying to bulk up to 160 and maybe even higher, but dont noe what to eat everyday, i was thinking about stopping by GNC and buying a whey protein powder, but read that they are overpriced, on this forum. how much grams should i buyand can i take creatine at my age?
    Also i heard that dead lifts can stunt ur growth, so am scared of doing them, but when i do them, i get results.
    ~~~~~
    SRY , but its better to ask , then to be the one thats left out, u noe what i mean?

Diet:

-Total daily calorie intake. This is what will make / break you

- It is NOT efficient to try and lose fat AND gain muscle at the same time

- BMR and nutrition calculator (click here)

- Total Daily Protein Intake (for best results I recommend AROUND 2g per lb of bodyweight)

- Fatloss basics. READ IT:

- Foods (Good vs. Bad):

- If there was ONE SINGLE KEY to the gains I made in the 1 1/2 years when I went from 175-225 (my best.. leanest gains), it is OATS / STEEL CUT OATS ! The emphasis here is that oats / steel cut oats are a INEXPENSIVE, HEALTHY, yet VERY CALORIE DENSE FOOD. I saw lean gains like I had never seen before. But NO THEY DON'T TASTE GOOD. YOU HAVE TO FORCE FEED THEM. This gets old fast. I added about 1 cup of oats to each protein shake.

When bulking (to gain lean muscle mass), I aim for:

- 1lb lean beef per day
    - 1 Gallon Skim Milk per day
    - Around 2000 cals per day from oats
    - Lots of protein shakes (up to 8 per day)
    - Lean chicken
    - Lean turkey
    - Lean beef / sloppy Joes (manwich)
    - Hamburger Helper
    - Lots of pasta
    - Lots of tuna
    - Potatoes
    - Rice (Note: If you can afford it you can do things like boneless chicken breast, steaks etc.. etc..)
    - Veggies (Fresh if possible)

When cutting (to lose fat):

- I eat many of the same foods above, but with a lower TOTAL DAILY CALORIE INTAKE

- I put a emphasis on PRE- and POST-workout nutrition, and the end result is that most of my calories are eaten before my afternoon workout. I have found this to be ideal (for me).

Supplements:

- Supplements / Companies to avoid: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...0&postcount=81

- SAVE $$$$$ ! ! STICK WITH THE BASICS ! ! )- Stay on creatine, there is no need to cycle it ! (cycling and loading are totally optional)

- Creatine timing (when / how to take it):- For best results, aim for AROUND 2g of total daily protein intake per lb of bodyweight EVERY SINGLE DAY ! !

Example:
    Bodyweight: 200lbs
    Total daily protein intake: 400g
    Here is why:

Workout / Routine:

- I recommend a MAX-OT, 5x5, HST (or similar) routine with a EMPHASIS ON:
    - Squatting / Leg pressing
    - Deadlifts
    - Barbell benchpress
    (Including flat / decline / incline)
    - Both BB's and DB's for best results

- Concentrate more on measurements and less on bodyweight

- Weigh yourself once a week. Should gain (or lose) around 1lb per week (depending on goals).

- Concentrate on form first, in order to stay injury free

- Emphasize both range of motion, and mind-muscle connection

- With intensity, strength gains, and a proper bodybuilding diet, the size gains (or fatloss) will come

- Make sure and have a spotter when working out your major muscle groups, preferrably someone bigger than you

- Don't be scared of overtraining. Simply listen (pay attention) to your body, and ask more questions later if you think you are overtraining.

Cardio:

- If possible, do cardio at least 8 hours from when you lift weights

- If possible, do cardio in the AM after sleeping.

- No need to do cardio on a empty stomach, but many prefer to due to nausea

- Jumping rope is a very efficient form of cardio

- HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) is a efficient form of cardio

Recovery (A.K.A GROWTH !):

- With proper intensity MUST COME PROPER RECOVERY !

- Make sure and get enough protein right before you go to sleep.

- Make sure and get enough protein/carbs right when you wake up

- Make sure and get enough deep, quality sleep (Not getting enough quality sleep is the #1 newbie mistake. You should aim for at least 8 QUALITY hours of sleep per night): - Make sure and get enough protein / calories on off days (This is when your body will be recovering) It is important to be consistent !

- Make sure and get proper pre and post-workout nutrition:
    Carbs pre and post workout.
    Protein pre and post workout.
    Creatine pre and post workout:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

H20 / Cell volumization:

- Make sure and drink enough water throughout the day (This is CRITICAL ! !) I drink about 1 liter per hour. (Keep in mind I am currently over 240lbs so you may not need this much) Click here to read about why this is SO IMPORTANT:
    Good luck !

Disclaimer: The above post is IN MY OPINION, or IN MY EXPERIENCE, unless otherwise noted.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000) kraZi. is just really nice. (+1000)

Damn i'm great.... BIGDUBBDEISEL's Avatar
    BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000) BIGDUBBDEISEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Eat alot of proteins, Such as chickin, steak, fish, Creatine is good yes, I would take 5 g every other day, Also whey is also good but you dont need it, And drink alot of water and milk.
    5'10
    Chest-49
    Arms-18
    Waist- size 32
    Bench-380
    Squat-500+

I appreciate reps.

El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10) El_Animal is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OK bro, go to the bodybuilding.com store and search for ON 100% Whey and buy that. It's the cheapest highest quality whey out there. Take it after you workout.

DON'T BELIEVE THAT BULL**** ABOUT DEADLIFTS. DO THEM. Also, I didn't see any squat numbers up there. They are another must. Do deadlifts, dquats, and bench press/military presses. Everything else should take a back seat iun your training.

As far as eating, eat protein and lots of it. At 120, you shouldn't worry too much about bad food. If it's good food (oatmeal, veggies, WW bread, any protein source) eat that ****.

You don't have to be a certain age to take creatine

You don't have to be a certain age to take flax.

You should buy a multivitamin before you buy anything else.

Head over to the nutrition section and learn as much about nutrition as you can. Keep your training simple and about a maximum of 4 days a week and stay consistent.

Good luck.
    TEAM WOLFPACK BABY

WWW.T R U E P R O T E I N.COM DISCOUNT CODE BTR777 FOR 5% OFF

gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gmanz73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kraZi.
    i am jewish, so i cant mix milk and meat together...alos i dont like potatoes that much (they have a starchy feeling) can i replace them with yams?

fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50) fbsk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    everything said here is important..but i think the most important thing is to stay consistent with everything...your workout and diet.

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by fbsk
    everything said here is important..but i think the most important thing is to stay consistent with everything...your workout and diet.

thanks for your replies, but i cant eat such big meals if im in school,
    i start from 7:20AM til 2:00PM in the afternoon.

Cyberslick18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Regarding school, learn to improvise. Invest in some protein bars if you have the money and munch on those (read some reviews and get a good tasting one, honestly, some of those bars are just so horrible you won't be able to eat them, even for the good of your own body, I'm not joking)

I'm kinda poor, so what I do, is simply make a protein shake and store it in a thermos and put it in your locker / lunchbag, and go to the bathroom and chug it or something (we can't drink in our hallways / classrooms).

What I used to do was simply bring a few fat sandwhiches to school, loaded with meat and vegetables, and chow down on them during class, storing them in my desk. Make sure you pick up your trash though, I got pretty infamous for leaving crumbs and used sandwhich bags in my desk, and at the end of the year, one teacher made me clean every desk in the room!

DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000) DanGK is just really nice. (+1000)
    Im at work 8.5 hours a day then I got 3+ hours of college. I take plenty of food with me to work! Make some chicken sandwitches for lunch and grab protein shakes to school. Its no excuse!

yeah but i wake up 6:30 in the morning...

also the multi vitamins that bodybuilding is selling is for men, am i considered a Man or a teen, because i noe that GNC has Mega Teen Vitamins, and wasnt sure if thise were the same...

anyone?

Super Duper Producer Chris Tempest's Avatar
    Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Make your goodies the night before.

I cook 2 8lb chicken breasts at dinner time every night. One is for dinner that night and the second is for meal 3 the next day. Keep this going and you'll easily be eating 2 good sized breasts per day.

Buy some oats, real cheap like stated in the great post a few up. (Read all of those links and then you will be informed.

I'm sure you can knock a bowl of oats down in the morning before you go to school.

It all seems difficult at the start and people will tell you, if you want it so bad you'll just do it regardless. It was hard going for me at the start to get the meals in. After a couple of weeks juggling things around and working out where and when I have time to eat a particular thing, I worked out which was the quickest to eat and put them in the shorter time slots and eat the bigger meals in the larger.

For example, I eat tuna and pasta which I cook up in the morning before uni on the bus to uni. 35 minute ride is more than enough time to eat that.

Get a good ruck sack big enough to hold a few things. Take a protein shake, chicken sandwiches and a couple of bananas with you and you'll be good until you get home and can eat more protein/carbs.

Your appetite will increase and you'll find you can manage the food easily.

Good luck,

the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) the bigfoot2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gmanz73
    bench press max- 80x 10
    lat. pull- 87.5 x 10
    peck deck - 75 x 10
    biseps - 25 x 12
    trceps pulls - 27.5 x 15

~~~~~
    and i thought California schools were bad..........

New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) New1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See second post.
    *R.I.P Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin*
    "The body says what words cannot."
    "Being hardcore doesn't include wasting time and money on inferior copycat products. YOU want results, so stick with CELL-Tech!" .....?.....Ah....No....hmm....
    Stats 7/30/06
    Bench - 165 3x
    Squat - 265 6x
    Dead - 200 4x

SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SkinnyBoi101 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do the diet as said above.....and MAKE SURE YOU DRINK A WHEY SHAKE IN THE MORNING AND A WEIGHT GAINING PROTEIN SHAKE SUCH AS PROLAB AFTER WORKOUTS. TRUST ME YOU'LL GET INCREDIBLE RESULTS.
    Aint no love in da ghetto, aint nothin' but pain I drank hen and blow Jane to keep from going Insane

Originally Posted by SkinnyBoi101
    Do the diet as said above.....and MAKE SURE YOU DRINK A WHEY SHAKE IN THE MORNING AND A WEIGHT GAINING PROTEIN SHAKE SUCH AS PROLAB AFTER WORKOUTS. TRUST ME YOU'LL GET INCREDIBLE RESULTS.
    dont weight gainers have high amounts of sugar? i'll rather keep away from those, unless u find one thats low in sugar..
    thanks for the replies keep them coming...

EDIT: what are steel oats? never heard of those..also i have some oats that cook in a minute, they are probably not good, what do u think?
    -i bought a gallon of whole milk that i will be drinking throughout the day, just like the guy in the second post recomended,

today in the
    morning i had 4 eggs fried on butter (2whites and 2 whole) on 2 WW slices of bread with a cup of milk, and a bannana

lunch- i had 2 slices of salmon(1" thick) baked in the oven. with 2 cups of water and a bannana

1 hr later- 2 corn on the cob boiled with baby carrots

snack- a cup of milk and 2 wafles

snack again- a cup of milk and 1 WW bread with sliced tomatoes and 3 slices of cheese..

now typing this up, will have dinner soon...
    Last edited by gmanz73; 10-31-2005 at 04:06 PM.

ok for
    Dinner- had bean soup with turkey pieces and 1 ww bread and a cup of water.

can someone answer my questions?

Super Duper Producer Chris Tempest's Avatar
    Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chris Tempest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just keep going with what you ate.

Just make sure to add more meals as you go.

You'll be eating big in no time!

is there a section in this forum that says what to eat?

my mother is concerned with whey protien and the way i eat (high calories, but healthy foods). She said that i cant buy whey protein or creatine and flaxseed pills untill i see a sports nutritionist....i want ur feedback on this..

anyone....
    Last edited by gmanz73; 11-04-2005 at 12:11 PM.

Anyone?

built like a brick house Dallas68's Avatar
    Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Dallas68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    IF pu12eng12 post didnt clear up how to get big then im not sure what else your confused about? oats will be your best friends and wholewheat bread with tuna or chicken and cottage cheese these are delicious and learn to eat fast i get 5 minutes between lessons and i chow down granted that most of my teachers know im on my way to getting big LOL! i love it man i sit there with my tuna and just eat...

i hope you continue trying to lift and getting larger and stronger because their is a jewish guy at my school ( im not against religions im a part satanic and atheist LOL) so anyway he always is "saying" in his case he wants to lose weight but he doesnt ever lose one peice of fat...

so what im saying is that you want to gain weight and muscle and i hope you have the motivation as i said he wants to but he just cant follow through so i hope you do it man i will check up on you....

good luck
    going full blast!

workout journal (random rambling)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168460783

should i eat the 5% fat cottagecheese or the low fat one? and do u finish the can in a day?