acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Football - Strength/Speed/Power/Explosion

I wanna make a thread here so we can gather all this up for everyone to read, i have searched and only found a few threads here n there n little there...

I am interested in playing college football as a running back...

I was wondering if anyone had any lifting advice for me...

I am mainly looking for strength, speed, power, and explosion as listed in the title... any help will b appreciated!! THANKS!!

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4378183

There's a start. Of course that is useless if you don't already have a diet planned out as well as some time set aside to completely dedicate yourself to lifting.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) acquadiice is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by crackyflipside View Post
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4378183

There's a start. Of course that is useless if you don't already have a diet planned out as well as some time set aside to completely dedicate yourself to lifting.
    hey thanks for that link but i heard it really isnt that necessary to do all those movements...

PhD in Broscience crackyflipside's Avatar
    crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000) crackyflipside is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acquadiice View Post
    hey thanks for that link but i heard it really isnt that necessary to do all those movements...
    It isn't but you will definitely benefit from them.
    Olympic Weightlifting: Cuban Method
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=703396581

Snatch: 97kg
    Clean and jerk: 120kg
    Front squat 160kg
    Back squat: 170kg

raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000) raffiki is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is if you want to learn how to do the lifts well. After that you can just do the snatch, clean, and jerk in season, and add squats and unilateral work in the off season.

Of course there are plenty of people who will tell you that you don't need o-lifts. It just comes down to what you want to pursue.
    "However, the strength of the hamstring muscles is crucial to fully exploit the strength potential of the quads and ultimately the vertical force that the athlete is able to impart to the barbell." - Andrew Charniga, Jr.

slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I train in olympic lifting and personally I think you just need to do squats, etc - strength work for football. Combine that with sprinting - I hope you are part of a local track program. Add in actual football drills.

A lot of weightlifters will boast of the benefits of doing their lifts but it's first and foremost a strategy to promote their own sport.

You are 26, right? Going back to school?

well this is the deal, im going back to school and i wanna play D1 ball... i wanna goto a school with a very good program...

i just want to gain all those things and how i would go about doing that...

thats all... just advice seeking...

squating, power cleans, snatches, dumbell snatches i do already

interchanged m-w-f plyometrics 3 times a week for lower body
    t - th 2 times a week for upper body

then there are days where i run on treadmill on high incline at very fast speed...
    i feel like im not doing enough...

do the shoes u wear matter also? cause i always see people wearing specialized shoes for o-lifting??

ok another thing, these are my numbers now:

bench: 365x1
    deadlift: 495x1
    squat: 315x6

just started doin these lifts:
    power clean: 205x2
    snatch: 135x4
    dumbbell snatch: 90x1
    Last edited by acquadiice; 12-16-2007 at 12:28 PM.

sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sillz100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    arent d1 athletics capped at 25

Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100) Ben76 is not very well liked. (-100)
    well this is the deal, im going back to school and i wanna play D1 ball... i wanna goto a school with a very good program...

i just want to gain all those things and how i would go about doing that...

thats all... just advice seeking...

squating, power cleans, snatches, dumbell snatches i do already

interchanged m-w-f plyometrics 3 times a week for lower body
    t - th 2 times a week for upper body

then there are days where i run on treadmill on high incline at very fast speed...
    i feel like im not doing enough...

do the shoes u wear matter also? cause i always see people wearing specialized shoes for o-lifting??

ok another thing, these are my numbers now:

bench: 365x1
    deadlift: 495x1
    squat: 315x6

just started doin these lifts:
    power clean: 205x2
    snatch: 135x4
    dumbbell snatch: 90x1
    holy ****, focus on that squat. Right now its worse than everyone on the 2 deep at my HS. But good luck anyways.

Originally Posted by Ben76 View Post
    holy ****, focus on that squat. Right now its worse than everyone on the 2 deep at my HS. But good luck anyways.
    yeah when i started working out i neglected legs big time...

im playing catch up now n it sucks ballz

slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10) slecontev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The shoes help with getting into a deep squat when doing the olympic lifts. Aside from that they hard wood soles usually, which helps with force transfer from your legs to the platform. Plus some ankle support.

I don't think they would be a big boon to your lifting just a bonus. All depends on your financial situation. The positive is that the shoes will last for years.

Originally Posted by slecontev View Post
    The shoes help with getting into a deep squat when doing the olympic lifts. Aside from that they hard wood soles usually, which helps with force transfer from your legs to the platform. Plus some ankle support.

I don't think they would be a big boon to your lifting just a bonus. All depends on your financial situation. The positive is that the shoes will last for years.
    cool man... thanksss

anyone know any good taurine powder products??