Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Big Reds statment on milk.

Well guys I basically sent a email to Big Red on the situation on milk, since we have been having alot of milk discusions on this forum. I am preety sad of the reason that Big Red stated that semi-skimmed milk is bad for you, he says he has cut it out completly out of his diet and it makes u gain fat. Well if this is true then how am I suppose to get my protein intake to 230 a day. Milk is a great tool for me and yes I am trying to lose weight but hes says its bad, anyway this is what he had to say:

Personally i have given up milk totally. Milk protein is great, but
    the
    carbohydrates in milk are bad for you as are the fats. Lactose is hard
    for
    the body to burn and easily stored as fat, as it quickly breaks down
    into
    glucose. Lactose bloats you as well. You probably know that milk fat
    is
    nearly all saturated and to avoid it anyways.

If you are trying to loose fat i would cut out all milk.

Now, whey is only useful post workout. All other times you should be
    taking a
    more slow digesting protien. I, personally, use casinate (sp?), which
    is the
    other protien that makes up the protien in milk. Casinate digests
    slow, is
    rich in amino's and is cheap. I believe 2 pounds is about 20 bucks on
    bb.com.
    When dieting i eat 7 meals a day (including post workout). Usually 3-4
    of
    these are form shakes. 1 whey after i workout, the rest casinate. its
    great
    stuff

Can u guys tell me if this is true.
    I seem to receive alot of P.M's on nutrition advice, training & among other general subjects, please give me time to reply, I don't mind answering your questions, thanks! Ladies and Gents.

أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    sounds to me like he's a dumbass. if half of his daily meals are protein shakes then hes doing a damn good job of depriving his body of the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals it needs to thrive and function properly. And it also means his meals are unbalanced becasue in order to get the target amount of calories from fat and carbs the rest of his meals would have to have a lower protein content and a high fat high carb content.

for your daily milk use Vitamin A&D Skim sure it has some sugar in it, but a little sugar isnt going to make you fat.
    Last edited by high_standards; 10-26-2005 at 04:57 AM.
    Transforming in 2012!

IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) IGF has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by high_standards
    sounds to me like he's a dumbass. if half of his daily meals are protein shakes then hes doing a damn good job of depriving his body of the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals it needs to thrive and function properly. And it also means his meals are unbalanced becasue in order to get the target amount of calories from fat and carbs the rest of his meals would have to have a lower protein content and a high fat high carb content.

for your daily milk use Vitamin A&D Skim sure it has some sugar in it, but a little sugar isnt going to make you fat.
    A little doesn't matter, but some people here are drinking gallons/litres of milk every day which is going overboard.

Also vitamin D is from sunlight

Vitamin A is more plentiful in fruit and vegetables

high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10) high_standards is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IGF
    A little doesn't matter, but some people here are drinking gallons/litres of milk every day which is going overboard.

and it is also in skim milk
    Transforming in 2012!

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You guy's I take it haven't figured out that Big Red isn't very smart...his milk philosophies are correct, the rest is bull****.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

has a wealth of knowledge BB is 4 life :)'s Avatar
    BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BB is 4 life :) is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IGF

Vitamin E also comes from sunlight.

As well as a sun tan

Do what you want man, if you wanna drink milk fuuckin drink it, if you worry about putting fat on or have a slow metabolsim stay away from it, i dont see what the big fuss is all about for gods sake its milk!!!!

Originally Posted by high_standards
    sounds to me like he's a dumbass.
    i figured it out
    Transforming in 2012!

M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    where is big red anyways? Is he out of jail yet for selling juice or whatever. I enjoyed his articles when I was first getting into bodybuilding.

Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Abyss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E
    where is big red anyways? Is he out of jail yet for selling juice or whatever. I enjoyed his articles when I was first getting into bodybuilding.

Why did he go to jail???
    I seem to receive alot of P.M's on nutrition advice, training & among other general subjects, please give me time to reply, I don't mind answering your questions, thanks! Ladies and Gents.

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Squats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Abyss
    Why did he go to jail???
    Roids. A lot of Roids.
    “Methods are many,
    Principles are few,
    Methods often change,
    Principles never do.”

http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/bodybuilding.html

I heard this place, I r o n M ass was a pretty good place , they got (no G&N) pervs.

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well guys I basically sent a email to Big Red on the situation on milk, since we have been having alot of milk discusions on this forum. I am preety sad of the reason that Big Red stated that semi-skimmed milk is bad for you, he says he has cut it out completly out of his diet and it makes u gain fat. Well if this is true then how am I suppose to get my protein intake to 230 a day. Milk is a great tool for me and yes I am trying to lose weight but hes says its bad, anyway this is what he had to say:

the
    for
    into
    is

taking a
    is the
    slow, is
    bb.com.
    of
    great
    stuff

thats the dumbest sh*t I have ever heard. If you are preparing for a competition and what not then yeah I understand. But if you are bulking milk has many benefits and even while cutting get some skim milk. It has 12gr of carbs per serving that is nothing. LIke I said competing okay take out the milk, but cutting or bulking use it.

Ravi Dev has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

are YOU a pro?

I completely agree w/ bigred's milk philosophy *(even though, i dont know who the hell he is)

Every professional bodybuilder knows that when it comes to cutting season, that any kind of milk is bad milk. lactose causes bloating, milk fat is sorbed with bad fats, ie. saturated fatty acids, & denatured transfatty acids due to the pasturization process. milk also makes you more suseptable to diseases and airborne sicknesses since it increases the mucilige in your lungs & nasal passages.

I could rant on forever of how bad milk is but being that this is a bodybuilding biased site, I would probably just be wasting my fingers... rather than breath that is

Originally Posted by Ravi Dev
    I completely agree w/ bigred's milk philosophy *(even though, i dont know who the hell he is)

Every professional bodybuilder knows that when it comes to cutting season, that any kind of milk is bad milk. lactose causes bloating, milk fat is sorbed with bad fats, ie. saturated fatty acids, & denatured transfatty acids due to the pasturization process. milk also makes you more suseptable to diseases and airborne sicknesses since it increases the mucilige in your lungs & nasal passages.

I could rant on forever of how bad milk is but being that this is a bodybuilding biased site, I would probably just be wasting my fingers... rather than breath that is

Why do u think milk is soo bad!!! people have cutted while drinking milk and lost fat. Milk also helps the process of losing efficient weight. I know this is my thread but I realsied I will not give up milk.

Here is an article on milk:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catmilk.htm

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why do u think milk is soo bad!!! people have cutted while drinking milk and lost fat. Milk also helps the process of losing efficient weight. I know this is my thread but I realsied I will not give up milk.

Here is an article on milk:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/catmilk.htm

good, that would be completely fu*king retarded to give up milk. Like I said if you need to cut to extremely low low bf levels like to compete yes by all means quit milk.

But I owe a lot of my muscle to milk so I am going to go ahead and keep drinking it.

Also if you have trouble digesting it I would also understand giving it up. But I don't so it's fine.

ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ghostfacekilla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How big is big red now?

Why did he get into that kind of stuff? He didnt look liek he was on roids when his articles were just made. I dont think hes even in his twenties

Originally Posted by ghostfacekilla
    How big is big red now?

Why did he get into that kind of stuff? He didnt look liek he was on roids when his articles were just made. I dont think hes even in his twenties

Well he sent me his pics by email. Here they are:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8417782

☻/
    /▌
    / \ I ♥ ~BMBC~ 92-Brah

Eat, Lift, Sleep, Repeat. drumcrazy's Avatar
    drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) drumcrazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Milk is good when cutting (skim), it is better when bulking, not so great for comps/extremely serious bodybuilders who are NOT TEENAGERS. End of Story.

grow stronger comrade rockhuddy's Avatar
    rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rockhuddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I love milk, and I say if you can digest lactose, you should be drinking it. It's certainly no worse than say beef, and if you get skim, it's much better. It is true that lactose can cause bloating, but unless you're really trying to cut this shouldn't even really matter.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WD40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the
    for
    into
    is

taking a
    is the
    slow, is
    bb.com.
    of
    great
    stuff

never take anyone that seriously. go by your instinct! think for yourself! if it works for you, keep it up! we have to think about situations in a more open way than just to think about them as right or wrong, good or bad. experiment! what does your body tell you? the internet is a great source of information, but sometimes we take this stuff too seriously. sometimes i feel like this bodybuilding.com is like a little cult, because people are afraid of stepping outside the norm. bottom line, listen to your body!

chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chad12121 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Think what you want, milk is great for bulking and gaining muscle mass. I wouldn't have had such success with my bulk if I didn't drink milk, it has a ****load of calories, carbs and protein and it is cheap and quickly consumed. 1 cup of skim milk has 11g carbs and 8g protein and you can chug two cups of milk in under a minute. As a lifter with a social life I don't always have time to sit down and eat when I am hungry so going to the fridge and quickly chugging a bunch of milk is a quick way to get calories, carbs, and protein. I remember someone telling a story on here about a bodybuilder that lived at the gym they went to and they saw his room once where he lived and it was full of empty milk and egg cartons. On the road and looking for something to eat without much time or money most gas stations carry milk. If you have the money, time and resources to not drink milk and still get in the calories and proteins you need then go for it, but milk can be your best friend if you are trying to quickly gain alot of muscle.