redpapercups has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help an "old" lady :)

Ok, so I am in my 30s.
    Stats:
    5'6"
    155lbs
    27%BF

Moderately Active, but do have a desk job thats 10 hours a day, 5 days a week.

I currently run 2 miles a week (lazy I know) outside, am on week 5 of T25 (do it with my husband, and he likes it), and I have a few kids to chase all day.

I tried Keto for 2 months. Found myself "cheating" less and not craving. However, gave that up when my schedule changed in hopes that I could follow the "insanity" diet plan of 20/40/40. I am having a major dip in energy, eating 1,500 calories, and am feeling pretty weak during the workouts (especially when working out before a morning meal)

so my question is, do I go back to Keto, or do I tweek my numbers. I am not loosing, actually gained a few, and am feeling frustrated.

Help teach me.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I remember back when i was "old"...

If keto worked for you, and helped your cravings, that may be a good idea. Otherwise just use the following sticky, calculate, track and adjust:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

I work with a bunch of 18-24 year old boys... I am old, hahaha

I just didn't know if I would have enough energy and reserve when trying to do the T25 while on keto with the carbs below 50g.

Just changing the diet from before Thanksgiving to the middle of January, I went down 10lbs, then I started to exercise and gained 13lbs.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by redpapercups View Post
    I work with a bunch of 18-24 year old boys... I am old, hahaha

I just didn't know if I would have enough energy and reserve when trying to do the T25 while on keto with the carbs below 50g.

Just changing the diet from before Thanksgiving to the middle of January, I went down 10lbs, then I started to exercise and gained 13lbs.

Everybody is different. Some people here train better fasted in the morning. For me if i train fasted i have no strength whatsoever and literally feel like i am going to pass out. Then again i can't workout when full either. So i have a banana and a cup of coffee before i workout. I also have more strength at night whereas some people are better off in the morning. Some people do ok on keto whereas some people need to eat a ton of carbs to have good workouts. Bottom line is you have to experiment, try out everything and see what works for YOU! Only you can figure out, nobody else can tell you.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Thanks!

Its frustraing watching the boys do such minimal work and get such big gains/losses, and I stay fluffy, like a stay puff marshmellow.