friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Question about blood sugar and food crashes?

Ok

Sorry for many topics lately. I have another one though >_>

For the past MONTH I have noticed that after any carb heavy meal (80+g carbs, or anything with 30+ of sugar such as a PWO shake) I crash HARD 15-20 minutes after, I mean full out, I need to take a nap. It really made me mad today though caus after my four mile run today, I had to wait 2 hours until lunch (I had thought lunch would be within an hour, but Dad didn't go out to sub place till 2 hours after my run) so anyways, I was starving and had a 8" sub with side of baked lays, worked out to be 100g carbs (had 80 for breakfast before run) Anyways, I had good energy before lunch, just light headed from lack of food, but absolutely crashed afterwards.

I can't eat pasta, I can't eat subs, I can't eat anything carb heavy without crashing afterwards, even oatmeal w/ fruit! What the hell!

I have been contemplating a keto diet in order to just combat these stupid crashes! Any suggestions?

friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    On another note:

After dinner - 7oz chicken breast, cup of pasta, cup of broccoli, and olive oil drenched on everything. I crashed again.

Effing ridiculous. I was out like a light again after eating it. I am absolutely fine now, hungry again, but what the heck is with these blood sugar swings that are so high and low that they put me to sleep like this. This isn't normal ugh.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I started getting those crashes @ about age 23, and I promise you it will only get worse.......MUCH worse as you age (.

Keto fixes this problem and DAMN does is taste good!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000) Sirtitan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I also get those crashes if I consume big meals. The funny part is I never got the crashes when I was a fat lard a year and half ago. I went to get a blood test last year and my doctor says my billirubin count is above the norm, which he says explains the crashes when consuming high carbs. Needless to say I'm a huge coffee fan.
    "At the cost of being repetitive, I have to once again state my amazement at the aspect of human nature that allows us to mix the most rigorous skepticism and the most acute gullibility"

"As drowned worshippers do not write histories of their experiences (it is better to be alive for that), so it is with the losers in history, whether people or ideas"

"Secular bull markets are designed to take the least amount of people along for the ride as possible, call it universal law."

Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000) Nitric Oxide is a name known to all. (+5000)
    any of you guys take NO boosters.....I've been taken them for 2 years now and i'm wired all day everyday and I eat alot but I never crash...in fact I haven't taken a nap in years I can't sleep during the day.

For ****s and giggles whats your PB in 5k...I love cross country I use to run in high school....I once ran against dathan ritzenhein in our regionals in michigan
    Last edited by MIH-XTC; 12-15-2007 at 07:45 PM.

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by friedrice683 View Post
    Ok

Sorry for many topics lately. I have another one though >_>

For the past MONTH I have noticed that after any carb heavy meal (80+g carbs, or anything with 30+ of sugar such as a PWO shake) I crash HARD 15-20 minutes after, I mean full out, I need to take a nap. It really made me mad today though caus after my four mile run today, I had to wait 2 hours until lunch (I had thought lunch would be within an hour, but Dad didn't go out to sub place till 2 hours after my run) so anyways, I was starving and had a 8" sub with side of baked lays, worked out to be 100g carbs (had 80 for breakfast before run) Anyways, I had good energy before lunch, just light headed from lack of food, but absolutely crashed afterwards.

I can't eat pasta, I can't eat subs, I can't eat anything carb heavy without crashing afterwards, even oatmeal w/ fruit! What the hell!

I have been contemplating a keto diet in order to just combat these stupid crashes! Any suggestions?
    try saving some calories and when you feel like youre gonna crash or somethin eat a small snack

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    How about potatoes and rice, do they do the same thing? If not, fatigue can be a symptom of Coeliac.

Potatoes and rice do the same thing too

Rice not so much. Rice is the only thing really where I have not crashed every time.

Potatoes do it about 75% of the time too. The only time I really don't ever crash with potatoes and bread is when the serving size is really small / there are no other carb sources in the meal.

For instance - sandwhich and apple makes me crash, but an apple alone or sandwhich alone doesn't.

A 6 inch sub doesnt make me crash, granted it only has 300 calories and I would starve.

No matter how much fat I add to the meal, I still crash. I mean I had almost 25g fat in my sub and my dinner, both times resulting in myself crashing. WTF?

Fatigue...hmm...i don't really know what you mean by that. I am pretty damn lazy but absolutely need exercise at some point in the day (mental and actually I get all fidgety) but yeah...

I am really scared to try keto though caus I know I have gone breakfasts without a carb source and 2-3 hours I was a crabby mofo...I mean I was a total d!ck, I was so irritable. Any tips? (Maybe those breakfasts were just really high in protein and no fat, I dunno, but still)

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    Potatoes and rice do the same thing too

Rice not so much. Rice is the only thing really where I have not crashed every time.

Potatoes do it about 75% of the time too. The only time I really don't ever crash with potatoes and bread is when the serving size is really small / there are no other carb sources in the meal.

For instance - sandwhich and apple makes me crash, but an apple alone or sandwhich alone doesn't.

A 6 inch sub doesnt make me crash, granted it only has 300 calories and I would starve.

No matter how much fat I add to the meal, I still crash. I mean I had almost 25g fat in my sub and my dinner, both times resulting in myself crashing. WTF?

Fatigue...hmm...i don't really know what you mean by that. I am pretty damn lazy but absolutely need exercise at some point in the day (mental and actually I get all fidgety) but yeah...

I am really scared to try keto though caus I know I have gone breakfasts without a carb source and 2-3 hours I was a crabby mofo...I mean I was a total d!ck, I was so irritable. Any tips? (Maybe those breakfasts were just really high in protein and no fat, I dunno, but still)
    Hmmm...well a number of people are actually allergic to potatoes, as well as grains. I'm not gonna tell you not to do keto b/c obviously you don't have a lot of energy now, I just can't imagine running on low carb, but I know people have.

How many cals are you taking in now?

I'm taking in about 2500 and gaining at a rate of 1lb a week. I am not lifting like I should be (I maybe lift 2x a week) But I feel my body is still putting on muscle just in my legs from running, because I am not really seeing any notice on my abs.

But anyhow. I try to intake like 280-300g carbs, 180g protein and rest fat, but it's really hard to take my carbs in with these damn crashes.

I think today I am gonna try low-carbing it (despite my breakfast being 55g carbs) because A) I am not doing any exercise because there is a huge snow storm, so I cant even get out of the house and B) I wanna experiment with these crashes. and C) For once in my home fridge, there are a lot of chicken breasts and veggies for me to properly do this - not to mention all the different oils.

Tomorrow I will try also

I'll do up the 4 eggs fried in butter, for lunch prolly like tuna fried in lots of oil, and snacks consisting of cheese, ect

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I am crashing after my breakfast of:
    1 slice flax bread
    1 cup dannon light n fit
    1/3 cup bran buds (13g impact carbs)
    2 eggs

Now that's just ludicrous.

I'm taking in about 2500 and gaining at a rate of 1lb a week. I am not lifting like I should be (I maybe lift 2x a week) But I feel my body is still putting on muscle just in my legs from running, because I am not really seeing any notice on my abs.

But anyhow. I try to intake like 280-300g carbs, 180g protein and rest fat, but it's really hard to take my carbs in with these damn crashes.

I think today I am gonna try low-carbing it (despite my breakfast being 55g carbs) because A) I am not doing any exercise because there is a huge snow storm, so I cant even get out of the house and B) I wanna experiment with these crashes. and C) For once in my home fridge, there are a lot of chicken breasts and veggies for me to properly do this - not to mention all the different oils.

Tomorrow I will try also

I'll do up the 4 eggs fried in butter, for lunch prolly like tuna fried in lots of oil, and snacks consisting of cheese, ect

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I am crashing after my breakfast of:
    1 slice flax bread
    1 cup dannon light n fit
    1/3 cup bran buds (13g impact carbs)
    2 eggs

Now that's just ludicrous.
    How on Earth are you gaining on 2500? I know I'd crash all the time trying to sustain a high level of physical activity (which you are, whether or not you realize it) on that few cals. See if upping the cals to 3000 or so gives you some more energy for longer, that IMO could easily be the problem. I'd also recommend getting tested for both food allergies and Coeliac.

I know...surprisingly I am gaining on 2500 a day >_>

I do not have the greatest metabolism *sigh*

I thought about the crashes possibly being somehow low calories, despite gaining, so I did up them to 3000 last week. Crashes still occurred, and weight jumped up 2lbs (4lbs up first 2 days then leveled off) but still 2lb net gain, got really soft, and felt sluggish. Dropped down to 2500 and felt much better, but crashes are still just as strong.

I talked to my mom about it and she says she will try to get me some blood tests with a doctor while I am home.

The crashes have always happened, but I never really noticed them before because I had previously done 6 meals a day for the past year and a half and my meals were very small and spaced out. Now I do 3-4 larger meals a day, and I have a crash after almost every one. I can't do 6 meals a day at school do to A) I dont have a job when I am boarding school, thus no money, so no money for proper meals B) Caf is only open during 3 times of day when I don't have classes / commitments such as athlete classes, ect, so 3 meals a day and bed time snack is only thing that I can do. But yeah

So ever since getting these larger meals, I crash. Now I do know that whenever I lower carbs - I don't crash, but I feel crappy. I asked about this on the keto thread and my responses were mostly positive saying that my body, despite being endurance like, actually prefers fat vs carbs given how I crash, ect.

I will try to limit the carbs as low as possible for next few days and up my fat really high to see how I feel.

I have another question though:

Would a 50f/30p/20c diet work? Because then the carbs that I do get would prevent me from getting crabby, but are low enough that I don't crash. However, wouldn' t the fat compete with the carbs for energy source, ect?

Thanks for all the support guys, hopefully I can fix this ugh...

Aindreas, didn't you find out you are allergic to gluten or something of the matter? Does that include getting very lethargic when having gluten containing things...

Just wondering if this could be an allergy thing, thanks bro.

Aindreas, didn't you find out you are allergic to gluten or something of the matter? Does that include getting very lethargic when having gluten containing things...

Just wondering if this could be an allergy thing, thanks bro.
    I thought for a while I was Coeliac, but as it turned out, I was allergic to peanuts (f*ck), soy (which is in everthing), and mustard (wtf?), at least 2 out of 3 of which I was eating every day. However, in the meantime I found that I don't digest gluten containing foods as well. It's not really a matter of energy however.

Dude, get your thyroid checked, you shouldn't be gaining on that and you may be running your metabolism down with high physical activity and low cals.

Should I just e-mail the school doc (who helped me with anorexia) and give him the situation...?

Just simply state something like:

hey doc,

I was wondering if I can get my thyroid checked / blood work done again? For the past month, whenever I have a lot of starch in a meal, my blood sugar will crash 15 minutes later and i'm asleep for a good 30 minutes before my blood sugar evens out. then in 3-4 hours my blood sugar drops so low that I get light headed and feel like i'm going to faint. on top of this - on top of my running 3-4 miles each day and lifting 3-4 days a week, i am gaining a good pound to pound and half on 2500 calories a day ( i AM trying to gain, however...i feel as though I shouldn't be gaining this much on such low calories compared to my physical activity) what do you think?

How is that guys?

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)

If you try to do keto with low fat you will feel like ****.

Red meat and natural animal fats should provide you with quite a bit of energy. It is natural to go through about 3 days of sugar withdrawal (all carbs are basically sugar), but it should be not only bearable after that but you should feel more energetic than usual--especially at the 2 week mark.

If I eat carbs, I like to eat them before bed (because the "crash" actually helps me sleep very deeply).
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

Just updating:

I went keto today. FELT AWESOME! Felt tired on my 5 mile run - but that's expected.

Hopefully I feel just as good tomorrow.

Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000) Spottydog is just really nice. (+1000)
    x2... carbs (except, for some reason, plain yogurt) sometimes make me sleepy... nothing like you've been, but broccoli was making me sleepy during class before IF. BROCCOLI.

It's funny, pwo, they don't make me sleepy per se, they just calm me down.
    I have this inclination to work out all the time in order to eat hella carbs (like a few people who eat tons of yummy pre-post workout meals whom I won't mention the names of, but you know who you are )

I wonder why this is, though, with us...
    KARMA; reps for life:
    matthor-derickonfire-ozfiz-xquick-meyer23-AllGenetix, Beast, Scivation, Lando33
    girl81-2 D-spot skater-djaeger3-in10city-Emma-Leigh-bballbrett5, jaim91, imfusio
    Not on the list? Don't worry! There's still plenty of chances to achieve good karma.

I have read and it just shows that our bodies handle carbs badly.

I expect this is from the restriction abuse I gave my body for over three years. However, if I can continue keto given my family issues and school, I will. As of right now it's great. I feel really full, yet have to go eat more haha! Felt very good today too...I wonder when the groggyness, crabbiness will come. Hopefully it won't!