B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question How heavy should i bulk 5'11"

Hey eveyrone, im currenlty bulking, and just trying to figure out what my goal weight should be. Im not aiming for a huge body builder's body, just a muscular athletic one. Something alont the line of Brad pitt, mathew mconahey, tom jane........

Im 5'11" and weight 180lbs currently. Im also a pretty small build, my wrists are 6.5" or so, but i dont know how accurate that is.

What weight would you guys recomend i aim for to end up at about 10% body fat, and have a pretty impresive physique.

Currently ive been bulking and sticking with the basic compounds..... Deadlift, squats, pull ups.

Pullups would be where i probably need the most work, and i'll probably gain a good amount of muscle by improving them.

My concern is that people my height and weight can have pretty impressive physiques, but usually they completely neglect their legs, and just work arms.

Will i need to get to 200 lbs if i want to have a good body, and be well proportioned with developed legs/back/chest/and arms?

I noticed some examples of people who are 185 and impressive.... Rich franklin from UFC is 6'0 i think and weighs 185. His body is pretty good, legs and arms arent huge but not bad.

Currently i only lift for looks and health, but when i reach my "ideal" body im going to start lifting more for strength.

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    we all have different body types, including muscular and skeleton structure.. so u cant refer to weight as a form a form of how decent you will look.. even with ppl of the same height, 200lb on them might look awesome but on you it might be less impressive.
    Just do it by eye imo.. fair enough to set a weight goal but you might get to 200 and realise u could do more, or u might hit 190 and realise you would look awesome cut..
    Another piece of advice, its good to have role models e.t.c but take it with a grain of salt because how they look is not how you are going to look.. depending on your muscularity now, a brad pitt type body could be attained if you just cut now most likely.
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    <->

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    er... why not tell him to get a real goal like 270 @ 8%
    Cha Cha Cha

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by spirit3530
    er... why not tell him to get a real goal like 270 @ 8%
    6%
    <->

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    6%
    Damn talk about feeling the burn....next stop pro qualifier.
    Cha Cha Cha

B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) B3yondBrawn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys.... Ya i realize there are a ton of variables, including bone structure, and probably bone density.

The main reason im wondering things, is that my arms are still tiny, probably 12.5" but i havent really started working them. My legs still could use some growth too though, so im just trying to visualize what the future holds for me. I also think that since im a light body type, that i might not want to go too much about 200, as this could have some negative affects on my joints, not sure on that one though. I may cut back on chest and shoulder training, as those muscles seem to develop very easy for me, and focus more on legs/back/triceps. No need for me to work abs either, i can already tell they are under there.

Im thinking that when i get to 185 or 190, i might alternate squats and deadlifts every other workout, and then do pullups/ triceps on the other ones.....something like this.....

monday: Squats/leg curls

Wednesday: Pullups / Dips or CG bench

Friday: Deadlifts / Leg press

Then the next week i would do pullups/ dips twice..... I'll just have to weight and see.

This will probably be affectice since right now im doing squats and deadlifts twice a week, and pull ups only once... and no triceps.

Lastly i realize its not good to aim for physiques like celebrities, but sometimes it can be useful. First off most of them aren't elite athletes. Also I see body building much like sculpting a statue out of marble. If you have a vision, you'll be much better off attaining your goals.

One last question.... How often do you guys vary your volume/intensity.... Do you have a week of low volume/intensity every couple of months...?

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    worst....... thread....... ever.

come on, man. you create threads talking about how knowledgeable you are on protein intake, talking about getting your bachelors, and trying to be a PT..... and you come up with a thread like this?

take this to the teen section.

Originally Posted by SDFlipStyle
    worst....... thread....... ever.

come on, man. you create threads talking about how knowledgeable you are on protein intake, talking about getting your bachelors, and trying to be a PT..... and you come up with a thread like this?

take this to the teen section.

Thanks man.... your post helped me a lot. Asking questions is one way i learn things. The other is reading credible publications like textbooks and journals. In the end, i'll be much better off than people like you and much more successful. You see that i dont have thousands of posts in here, and that im not here to make friends. I spend my time working out and learning. And when i learn something I understand it put it into effect. You guys are the reason BB'ers get the name "meat heads"

SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDFlip is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Dankid
    Thanks man.... your post helped me a lot.
    anytime.

Originally Posted by Dankid
    You guys are the reason BB'ers get the name "meat heads"
    thanks, son.

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^lol..

yo..Dankid..there is no magic number for how much you should weigh. Everyone is different. I mean, look at Columbo, he was under 200 but still had an impressive physique. Most people don't have the genes/bone structure for that.

Basically, just eat a ridiculous amount of food, train hard, rest well, and repeat. If you follow that (simple) formula, you will get bigger and then eventually you'll look in the mirror and be like "OK, this is where I want to be at, I can maintain/cut now."
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.