Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Glen Quagmire View Post
    Day 13 ... I will be away Friday the 14th day. Left elbow is sort of a dull ache, WAY better than when I started, Right elbow feels really good. I did some curls tonight, I will ice both tonight. The right is a little more tender than it has beenl, but I have been doing BJJ 5 nights a week for the last 2 weeks. I would say overall, I am very pleased with the progress I have made following Baldies remedy.
    Glen, since it seems very important to you, why not start a "Baldies remedy" thread? The subject heading of this thread is vitamin E. It's odd, to say the least, to post day-to-day updates on a manganese remedy in a thread on a vita-E remedy. Perhaps in the subject-appropriate thread we could post some published evidence supporting that remedy as I have in this thread for vita E. ~Ian
    Gettin stronger everyday!

EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) EverYoung has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today I found the missing link in demonstrating that topical Vita E can pass through the skin into the body. As we've seen, Traber et al demonstrated that topical Vita E "penetrates rapidly through the skin" and that "the largest fraction of skin vitamin E following topical application was found in the deeper subcutaneous layers." [1] But they looked no further than the skin.

Now, Gumpricht et al provide the missing link. They injected Vita E into the subcutaneous layers of the skin where Traber et al found it reaches via topical application. So they pick up where Traber et al left off. And not only did the Vita E find its way from the skin to the liver, but it did so better than high-dose oral Vita E! It also did so as effectively as intravenous injection (noted in full study). [2]

So these data indicate that topical Vita E should penetrate through and beyond skin, as per my own experience. With the additional research showing that Vita E improves tendon healing [3][4] and does so by way of increasing the proliferation of fibroblasts, [4] there's no clear reason to doubt that topical application of Vita E over tendons should reach them and assist in any healing that may be needed. ~Ian

[1] Lipids. 1998 Jan;33(1):87-91.
    [2] Free Radic Biol Med. 2004 Dec 1;37(11):1712-7.
    [3] J Mater Sci Mater Med. 1999 Oct-Nov;10(10/11):641-8.
    [4] Int J Dev Biol. 1996;Suppl 1:181S-182S.
    Gettin stronger everyday!

Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 21 - I have followed Baldies remedy to the letter !! I would say I am pretty much over it. I started doing curls and tri work last week. I am staying lighter w/ more reps still. I think the elbows are both now 95 - 100 % (THANKS BALDIE). I do lots of BJJ 4-5 nights a week, I still feel some slight pain when I try and move weight across my body, some sweeps and locks (push not pull) if that makes sense ? I am happy with everything, I am going to stay on the pills for 1 more week. I have gout that runs in my family so I will stay on the Alfalfa as I eat pretty high protein, and know I do not get enough green veggies in my diet.

GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Relief!!!

I have been watching this back and forth for a while....I tried the Vit E for my left elbow for a few weeks and nothing changed. I could not even swing a golf club. (next to sex..my reason to live). Then I tried the Baldie fix (after also reading attached...scroll to middle of article) and bingo...relief.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weis13.htm

DMSO is now outlawed in my country. It was available in the 80s and saved many a day when Rugby drills got the best of old G. Funny thing about DMSO, after you rubbed it on, your breath smelled like rotten eggs.

Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glen Quagmire is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GROWLER View Post
    I have been watching this back and forth for a while....I tried the Vit E for my left elbow for a few weeks and nothing changed. I could not even swing a golf club. (next to sex..my reason to live). Then I tried the Baldie fix (after also reading attached...scroll to middle of article) and bingo...relief.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/weis13.htm

DMSO is now outlawed in my country. It was available in the 80s and saved many a day when Rugby drills got the best of old G. Funny thing about DMSO, after you rubbed it on, your breath smelled like rotten eggs.
    Good for you. I got caught in an arm lock on Thurs night, thought it was going to act up again, but as of Sat. nothing yet.

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If this is really a legit treatment for tendonitis, why aren't orthos telling people to do it or giving them vit E injections ?

Having said that, however, I am willing to try anything.

Originally Posted by FlyingIllini View Post
    If this is really a legit treatment for tendonitis, why aren't orthos telling people to do it or giving them vit E injections ?

Having said that, however, I am willing to try anything.
    I got no relief from the Vit E oil, I used the remedy baldie posted. He said it would take 14 days, took me 21. I have had elbow pain for over a year, and now feel it is all but gone. I still feel it when grappling, when trying to move someone acrross my body.

kf1031 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know this is an old thread but , how many times a day did you take Vit B-12 sublingual, Manganese, and Alfalfa. About to start this.

husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) husker3in4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I realize this is an old thread, but I have been dealing with elbow tendonitis for a year now. Actually I think its the lower bicep tendon, but my question is: has anyone tried vitamin e oil with DMSO?

prioris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by husker3in4 View Post
    I realize this is an old thread, but I have been dealing with elbow tendonitis for a year now. Actually I think its the lower bicep tendon, but my question is: has anyone tried vitamin e oil with DMSO?
    I just mixed some DMSO (99%) and vitamin E so will try it. I made roughly a 40/60 ratio.

DMSO will absorb well any substance that has molecular weight under 1000. Molecular weight of Vitamin E is 430 so well within range. Btw DMSO is unable to absorb bacteria, viruses etc because they are way way way too large.

How many times a day and for how long should I apply it. I assume 2-3 times a day for 2-3 weeks