Thread: burgers

Bcrichsolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

burgers

So I'm looking for a good protein source at dinner. I'm at college and the cafeteria usually has really crappy protein sources if any except they always have burgers. They are a good source of protein but contain alot of saturated fat. Is it okay to eat 2-3 burgers at dinner w/o bread and ketchup for protein. Is the saturated fat a huge deal close to bed?

josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) josh689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You don't want to take in much fat that close to bed. Burgers are great on the grill or George Forman grill because it drains away alot of fat, but only if your bulking tho, if you are wanting to cut, easting those 2 burgers arn't going to help. I would say **** the cafeteria, you never know what it is, how they cook, whatever. Cook them your self on a nice small single or double Foreman or similar in house grill.

M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) M.U.D.V.A.Y.N.E has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    id stay away from the burgers unless it was a cheat or something

locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250) locknid has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the thing about those burgers at college is that they are ****ty quality ground beef. THey are usually the lower cost higher fat kinds because they need to do it cheaply. Trust me I know I ate in the dorm careteria my first year and that was usually one of the few protein sources.

Do they have a deli section at all? mine did so I just stacked turkey and chicken lunch meat on wheat bread with lettuce and musturd and had an awesome good quality meal. I wouldn't eat the burgers every day but a couple times a week wouldn't hurt. plus they also are most likely on buns which are crappy.
    I do not discriminate against different aminos. I love all aminos equally.

bulking 168.5lbs start, current 200lbs
    goal: become a monster

Bcrichsolo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually eat the bugers plain and sometimes with cheese. We have a deli, but its such crap...I'm going to try to get one of those little george foreman grills and some chicken or something.

The one good protein source they do have is tuna at the salad bar. The only problem is they only have it a few days a week. When they do I usually jsut make a huge salad and stack it with tuna. Its dry but whatever gets the job don e...

what's your poom-poom dog shimojo's Avatar
    shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) shimojo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bcrichsolo
    I usually eat the bugers plain and sometimes with cheese. We have a deli, but its such crap...I'm going to try to get one of those little george foreman grills and some chicken or something.

The one good protein source they do have is tuna at the salad bar. The only problem is they only have it a few days a week. When they do I usually jsut make a huge salad and stack it with tuna. Its dry but whatever gets the job don e...

that really sucks... my dining hall, as gross as it was, always at least had tuna, eggs, deli meats and usually one type of non-fried meat in the hot food section.

does your dining hall's menu change by the day? maybe once in a while they will offer steaks, chicken, pork, salmon, etc... and you can just bring in tupperwares and save them for the entire week.

bigjoe87865 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigjoe87865 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why are fats close to bed bad?...

and how many hrs b4 bed should i have this meal?

100% addicted to winning dp13368's Avatar
    dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dp13368 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by bigjoe87865
    why are fats close to bed bad?...

and how many hrs b4 bed should i have this meal?
    I think he meant the fats from not so lean burgers(i.e. saturated)

Most people find a good pre-bed meal to be:

slow digesting protein(i.e. casein/cottage cheese) + 1-2 tbsp of healthy fats to slow absorbtion since you will be going 6-10 hours without food while you are sleeping.
    2004 NCAA Men's Soccer Final 4
    2005 National #2 Ranking

"Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance

bigjoe87865 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigjoe87865 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dp13368
    I think he meant the fats from not so lean burgers(i.e. saturated)

Most people find a good pre-bed meal to be:

slow digesting protein(i.e. casein/cottage cheese) + 1-2 tbsp of healthy fats to slow absorbtion since you will be going 6-10 hours without food while you are sleeping.
    ahh i see ...

so i eat salmon with about 15g of "its" fat in it the omega 3 stuff 30min b4 bed with veggies thats ok right?