erkl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erkl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erkl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Burning the same amount of calories you eat in a day

Is it unhealthy to work off the same amount of calories you eat in a day ?

like if i eat 1500 calories a day, and stay on the treadmill/bike for a few hours (in sessions) to burn close to the same amount ?

thanks!

fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well first of all, the Calorie counter on the tread mill...dont even follow it. Its not accurate and doesnt account for Muscle mass etc.

At 1500 cals your already 500 short of an average bodies 2k cals that it burns. For a more accurate answer multiple your current weight by 15 then subtract 500. That my friend would have you loosing approx 1 lb a week.

To much cardio, and not enough intake = Muscle breakdown.

erkl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erkl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erkl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks for the reply..
    sh*t, ive been following the damn calorie counters on the bike and treadmill..

id like to lose more than 1 pnd a week if possible (obviously),
    for the 2 months ive been doing cardio for 1 hour and a half a day, plus some weight lifting...

have seen great results from 260, to 240... but now im stuck at 240, so i wanna figure out a way to push it further

im eating about 1500 calories a day, mostly chicken and veggies/fruit

ive read about caffeine pills prior to cardio to burn even more fat ?
    a bit hessitant to start with the pills but i wanna maximize results

Registered User comedic.genious's Avatar
    comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by erkl View Post
    thanks for the reply..
    sh*t, ive been following the damn calorie counters on the bike and treadmill..

id like to burn more than 1 pnd a week if possible,
    for the 2 months ive been doing cardio for 1 hour and a half a day, plus some weight lifting...

have seen great results from 260, to 240... but now im stuck at 240, so i wanna figure out a way to push it further

im eating about 1500 calories a day, mostly chicken and veggies/fruit
    what are you doin for cardio?how many ounces of chicken are in each of your meals?

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fusioncom View Post
    Well first of all, the Calorie counter on the tread mill...dont even follow it. Its not accurate and doesnt account for Muscle mass etc.

At 1500 cals your already 500 short of an average bodies 2k cals that it burns. For a more accurate answer multiple your current weight by 15 then subtract 500. That my friend would have you loosing approx 1 lb a week.

To much cardio, and not enough intake = Muscle breakdown.
    False... If the cardio machine has you put in your weight, height, age or just weight and age, the accuracy is astounding.

like if i eat 1500 calories a day, and stay on the treadmill/bike for a few hours (in sessions) to burn close to the same amount ?

thanks!
    Far unhealthy and could have negative effects in the longterm. You're looking at a negative 2000-3000 calorie diet which would mean muscle breakdown... Keep in mind, your organs are muscle too. Picture muscle breakdown of your heart.
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

well i was doing 2 hours of treadmill a day but i was using basketball shoes, and hurt my foot.. so i bought some running shoes aand have been sticking to exercise bike to take some weight off the foot while it heals...

so at the moment about an hour and a half of bike, for the cardio...
    i defenitly saw more results on the treadmill though

i eat about 1 and a half chicken breasts in a salad a day...
    2 oranges, and apple...

then a small dinner of some sort..i try to keep it healthy, low carbs if possible

then usually some eggs or ricecake after my evening workout...
    Last edited by erkl; 12-14-2007 at 11:25 AM.

fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fusioncom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by -Aaron- View Post
    False... If the cardio machine has you put in your weight, height, age or just weight and age, the accuracy is astounding.
    LOL now that was funny!

Surgeon By 2012 or Bust! -Aaron-'s Avatar
    -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) -Aaron- is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by fusioncom View Post
    LOL now that was funny!
    Oh I'm sorry, I had no idea that you were the worlds authority on cardio machines. Forgive me.
    "The world will look up and shout save us... And I'll whisper, no."

Leonidas300, SCDiesel23, Jkeith are my heroes.

well i hope my heart isnt decaying lol

Registered User comedic.genious's Avatar
    comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) comedic.genious has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well i hope my heart isnt decaying lol
    what is your current weight?you should be weighing out your chicken exactly ,not just having 1 and a half breast cuz then you dont exactly know how many calories/protein your taking in.nm i see your 240,when i was your weight i was having 7.5 ounces of chicken,you should do the same,then when you stall ,lower it to 6 oz.also ,what is your heart rate when doin cardio?

Oh I'm sorry, I had no idea that you were the worlds authority on cardio machines. Forgive me.
    Since a life fitness rep told me its merely a guide, and not accurate I'll fall back on that.

The following logic is used.

Lets assume I weigh 200 lbs, but I skinny fat, very little muscle mass.

Now lets assume I weight 200lbs, but I'm rock solid with at least 30 or more pounds of solid muscle weight.

As we all know Muscle burns more cals then, a fat and or skinny person withoout this muscle mass.

Thus entering your weight, height and age do very little as it doesnt factor in muscle mass.

Just one example

pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10) pomaikai is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is 2 sides of this.

A 200lb person put forth just as much work whether they have fat or muscle since work is based on distance, weight, and time. Therefore they perform the same amount of work.

The other side is that a 200lb muscular person is in better shape and there cardio system does not have to work as hard so they dont use quite as much calories.

My advice is to lower the cardio and increase the weight lifting. Muscle burns fat all day long. Cardio burns fat while you are exercising and shortly there after. try 30 minutes a day cardio and really hit the weights concentrating on compound lifts that will build mass all over. ex. Bench press, shoulder press, dead lifts, squats, etc. Dont focus so much on bodybuilding and isolation. Just focus on building muscle to burn the fat. Also change up your cardio. Your body gets used to doing the same thing. Reduce time and increase speed, or change the exercise completely.

thanks for all the help people,
    i have been doing more and more weight lifting latley..
    it feels good, in the short time ive done it ive seen some nice results in my shoulders and chest... i think due to the fact im already a bit bulky now..

as to a few years ago when i was scronny and trying to get big..

now its mostly this belly i want to flatten, so ive been hittin the cardio hard (and eating very light)
    Last edited by erkl; 12-14-2007 at 12:44 PM.

Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Xether has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You very sure about this? i do cross trainer for 1 hour and it usually says i get 700-800 calories burnt. I usually just ignore it and just split it in half for more accurate figure because i hear so much about how cardio machines are inaccurate (the machines i use have put in age and weight).

ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000) ceno is a complete loser! (-2000)

thanks!
    say your body needs 1500 in order to function
    plus you burn another 1500 cals exercising
    and you eat 1500cals at the end of the day...

so you're giving yourself a 1500cal gap at the end of the day. And you're asking if its unhealthy?

you wont go far with a 1500cal deficit...
    ****Patrick Bateman: Sabrina, don't just stare at it. Eat it*****