Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26
    Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Al Swearengen has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    1 day post OP SLAP 3 repair here we go again shoulder bro's. i must say compared to the subacromial decompression,ligament removal,bursa removal and supraspinatus repair i had done 2 years ago this is a breeze on pain.
    23 days post op and all's well so far, about to begin light weights like 1-2 lbs next week but minimal pain and good ROM so far.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
    none but ourselves can free our minds

Marcus Garvey

weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) weegee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    updates?

BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    23 days post op and all's well so far, about to begin light weights like 1-2 lbs next week but minimal pain and good ROM so far.
    How is it going Al?

Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Richard24 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My MRI left shoulder.....

Bid daddy, no surgery here. i wish you the best.

What is the best way to get through this.

PROCEDURE:
    MR Left Shoulder (MRl EXT UPPER JOINT W/O CO)

HISTORY:
    Chronic shoulder pain. Weight lifting. No improvement with physical therapy or steroid
    injections.

TECHNIQUE:
    Axial, sagittal, and coronal proton density weighted images with without fat saturation wereobtained of the left shoulder without contrast.

FINDINGS:
    There is moderate to severe tendinosis of the infraspinatus with articular surface fraying and small intramuscular cyst formation at the myotendinous junction. Shallow bursal surface tearing posterior supraspinatus near the conjoined tendon. Severe tendinosis of the supraspinatus is present with focal fullthickness tear at the anterior margin of the supraspinatus footprint attachment. This tear measures 7 mm in medial to lateral dimension by 9 mm in anteroposterior dimension. There is mild subacromial - subdeltoid bursal fluid with synovial thickening suggesting bursitis. The teres minor tendon is intact and normal. No evidence of denervation edema or fatty infiltration of the musculature.

There is mild tendinosis of subscapularis without tear. Minimal tendinosis long head of the
    biceps at the superior margin of the bicipital groove, without evidence of tear.
    There is degeneration of the labrum with osseous spurring and trace bone marrow edema at the posterior mid glenoid rim. There may be a smallfocus of adjacent chondral fissuring with chondral labral separation. Remaining labrum is intact without fluid filled tear. lnferior
    glenohumeral ligament capsular complex is normal. There is a trace glenohumeraljoint
    effusion. Cartilage of the glenoid and humeral head is otherwise preserved.

There is moderate osteoarthrosis of the acromioclavicular joint with partial thickness cartilage loss as well as capsular hypertrophy and edema. There is osseous spurring and cystic change within the distal clavicle. Broad small anterolateral acromial spur is present, mildly narrowing the lateral aspect of the supraspinatus outlet. The acromion is type 1 in morphology with mild anterior and lateral downsloping.

IMPRESSION:
    1. Severe tendinosis supraspinatus with full-thickness tear of the anterior leading edge at the footprint. 2. Moderate to severe tendinosis of the infraspinatus with afticular surface fraying and small intramuscular cyst. 3. Mild to moderate subacromial - subdeltoid bursitis. 4.

Moderate osteoarthrosis of the acromioclavicular joint with a broad anterolateral acromial spur mildly nanowing tne iaterat aspect of the iuptt"pin"tus outlet' 5. Degeneration of the labrum *itn i,".tiOfe siratt tocus of chondrolabral separation posterior mid glenoid'
    WORK HARD, HAVE PATIENCE AND NEVER GIVE UP.

juliet710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliet710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliet710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliet710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) juliet710 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thanks, I can only hope mine turns out as good as this one

Rydog5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys, i know all about these injuries. I'm about to be a senior in high school, i play baseball and hockey. My freshman year, i was pitching and my left shoulder popped when i threw the ball and it went numb and got the tinglly feeling you get when your arm falls asleep. it shot down my arm. The doc told me i loosened all the ligaments, and strecthed everything in my shoulder and upper arm. Went to PT for about 2 months, felt good, threw a ball, samething happened. stopped playing for 6 months and it went away. next season in hockey, feel on my right shoulder, and it sounded like when you pour milk into rice crispies when i moved my arm. had an arthogram and a MRI. both showed nothing. Now this past hockey season as a junior, i got hit at the blueline after taking a shot. my left arm was accross my body so when he hit me, he hit my elbow which caused my shoulder to go up and out. it did not come out of socket, or if it did, it went right back in. did a 6 weeks of PT. i could swing a bat, shoot a puck, and lift. but when i threw a ball, it was the worse pain ever. eventually had a mir done and arthogram. again, showed nothing. had a scope done and turns out i tore my posterior labrum. it has now been just about 4 weeks and i start PT this upcoming thursday.

Anyone have any clue to when i can start to lift again? or atleast do some leg workout cuz ive missed a lot of skates already. also, how did PT go for the rest of you guys? did it help? and what should i expect outta PT for a labrum tear?

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigDaddy33 View Post
    My shoulder surgery is scheduled for Jan 7 2008. I thought I'd start a journal to chart progress for anyone else going through the same kind of thing. I'm still working and I am going to Dr on the 18th to get all the paperwork and stuff. At that point, I may ask to be put out of work a little early. Probably after x-mas. I have days where pain is bad and range of motion is pretty limited. So, it should be intersting to see what happens, I've never been through anything like this before.
    Hey man, how has your shoulder been recently?

Forgot you changed your name :X
    My recovery journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123572831

tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50) tiffdelano will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thank You

This was a great read!

BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000) BigDaddy33 is just really nice. (+1000)
    glad you enjoyed it, it was stickied for a while, Im just getting back to BB.Com so if you ever have any questions, give me a holla!!

franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000) franko man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Big Daddy

Thanks for the informative thread.. enjoyed reading it ALOT
    Having injured my shoulder joint for 4 months, im desperate to hit the weights again!
    My doctor said my current AC joint problem has resulted from my collar bone injury, which took place about 6 years ago.. chronic dislocation of the bone

After reading your posts I believe I could still live the bbing lifestyle. I am nowhere close to needing a surgery, just gotta be patient and wait for the shoulder to get better
    IIFYM - Try to get most of your macros from whole foods. They are high in micronutrients and are needed to maintain overall health

curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) curt_james is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigDaddy33 View Post
    glad you enjoyed it, it was stickied for a while, Im just getting back to BB.Com so if you ever have any questions, give me a holla!!
    Welcome back, man! Stopped in recently and also I get e-mail updates when people post to your thread.

Originally Posted by franko man View Post
    Hey Big Daddy

Thanks for the informative thread.. enjoyed reading it ALOT
    Having injured my shoulder joint for 4 months, im desperate to hit the weights again!
    My doctor said my current AC joint problem has resulted from my collar bone injury, which took place about 6 years ago.. chronic dislocation of the bone

After reading your posts I believe I could still live the bbing lifestyle. I am nowhere close to needing a surgery, just gotta be patient and wait for the shoulder to get better
    Have you ever seen this vid? It's for rehab and prevention of injuries.

I'm going to add the face pulls into my workout tonight!
    http://curtjames.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/curtjames
    http://www.********.com/curtjames
    https://twitter.com/curtjames

Originally Posted by curt_james View Post
    Welcome back, man! Stopped in recently and also I get e-mail updates when people post to your thread.

Have you ever seen this vid? It's for rehab and prevention of injuries.

I'm going to add the face pulls into my workout tonight!
    Nice post Curt!!!

TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000) TheCaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a history to tell here, but for my intro post, I just got an MRI Arthrogram and got in for the follow up. Doc told me I have a Labrum Tear in my Bicep region. I am on vacation for the next 2 weeks (deloading also! ), but when I get back I will be sure to give you guys the report and full story.

They were telling me 4 months recovery. I was hoping to talk them into getting me on Growth while I am going through it though. I know just by doing what I do, keeping my body healthy through our lifestyle I will be able to knock it down to about 3 months, but I would like to get down to about 2 months. I am willing to take out 4 months for it, and let it heal fully, but time is precious.

The current plan is to have the surgery in the middle of March if I will get 4 months of recovery, and middle of April if I will only be needing 2 months of recovery.

Again, when I get back in town, on Jan 7th, I'll post the whole bit. Hopefully I can get some good feedback.
    Caz Smash

sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50) sda will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hopefully someone can give me solid advice on this:

-Got serious into lifting after left shoulder surgery (Bankhart) March '11. Started lifting July-'11.
    - Lost 20 lbs from July-December as well as added good amount of muscle.
    -Need Bankhart surgery on Right shoulder March '12.
    -Cutting now to get good figure before surgery
    - Should I bulk before surgery and use the recovery time as a cut? or should I remain cut and build back muscle after recovery.
    - I should be able to lift in May as tear isn't as bad.
    -After 2 weeks of immobility I will do exercise bike 5 times a week.