IMPQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question biceps or triceps first?

If you guys work out bicep/tricep the same day...

which one do you guys workout first...

Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xtreme4Life is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: biceps or triceps first?

Originally posted by IMPQ

I usually do biceps first, just because they seem to tire quicker than my tri's. I usually switch it up though every once in a while though. Gotta keep them muscles guessin

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    whatever is a better bodypart for you, do that one second...

msclbldrguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclbldrguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclbldrguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: biceps or triceps first?

usually do biceps first....but always good to change it up. I like doin straight bar curls first for biceps and close bench first for tris.
    never quit, no excuses

Excuses are just polite falsehoods for slackers

Apply your heart to instruction and your ears to words of knowledge.
    Proverbs 23:12

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God.
    Micah 6:8

MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Triceps is 3/4 the mass of your upper arm. Biceps is 1/4.

which one would you give priority to?

Biceps do tire faster, it's a smaller muscle.

Always work the larger muscles groups first.

Work chest before triceps, back before bi's, uppe arms before lower arms, etc.
    "The difference between the champion and the challenger is that the champion ALWAYS gets up before the count of 10" -- Me

""Many individuals may be training hard but they aren't training smart. This is especially true of those who don't properly balance their training program with an equal amount of pushing and pulling movements and an emphasis on total-body development." "Maximum" Bob Whelan

"Time and I against any other two."

Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luke530 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it's 1/3 biceps and 2/3 triceps

msclbldrguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclbldrguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) msclbldrguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    either way, triceps makes up the bulk of the mass. of the upper arm....it probably is better to work tris first..since they r the larger muscle group. i just like to mix it up and not stay same order all the time. what kind of routine do any of you do for bis/tris?
    never quit, no excuses

He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God.

MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MrB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "it's 1/3 biceps and 2/3 triceps"

says who? show me an advanced text that says so, and cite me no less than 53.432 studies that say it's not 3/4 and 1/4!!! LMAO!

I forget if the triceps is 3/4 or 2/3, I guess it depends how big your triceps are and how small your biceps for. For me (unfortunately), it porobably is 3/4 even though it's s'posed to be 2/3. Heh heh.

I always appreciate a smart-ass remark.
    "The difference between the champion and the challenger is that the champion ALWAYS gets up before the count of 10" -- Me

""Many individuals may be training hard but they aren't training smart. This is especially true of those who don't properly balance their training program with an equal amount of pushing and pulling movements and an emphasis on total-body development." "Maximum" Bob Whelan

IMPQ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by msclbldrguy
    what kind of routine do any of you do for bis/tris?
    let me know what you guys think

My current routine is Bi's -
    Straight Curl Bar
    Seated alternate DB curl
    one arm DB precher curl
    Rope hammer curl

Tri's
    Skull Crusher
    close grip bench
    cable press downs or / rope
    dips (most of the time my tri's are already to tired though)

Originally posted by MrB
    "it's 1/3 biceps and 2/3 triceps"

says who? show me an advanced text that says so, and cite me no less than 53.432 studies that say it's not 3/4 and 1/4!!! LMAO!

I forget if the triceps is 3/4 or 2/3, I guess it depends how big your triceps are and how small your biceps for. For me (unfortunately), it porobably is 3/4 even though it's s'posed to be 2/3. Heh heh.

I always appreciate a smart-ass remark.
    who's a smart ass? hehe

let me know what you guys think

My current routine is Bi's -
    Straight Curl Bar
    Seated alternate DB curl
    one arm DB precher curl
    Rope hammer curl

Tri's
    Skull Crusher
    close grip bench
    cable press downs or / rope
    dips (most of the time my tri's are already to tired though)
    This is similar to what I do for mine. I start with the close grip bench first..it's been a gr8 mass builder for me...on tri's i also alternate with skull crushers o/h db press.
    never quit, no excuses

CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) CreatineMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i have heard triceps before biceps, because the triceps are larger

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would recomend doing biceps first
    because (for me) it's harder to keep form good on biceps then on triceps
    so I'd do bi's before tri's regaurdless of comparitive size

btw my bicep is probubly 1/2 arm size whereas my tricep is the other 1/2
    at least that's how it seems
    it might be different it's hard to tell I can't see the back of my arm!!

also if your going for look think about it
    when you flex your bi it 'stands up' more then your tri
    well most people I know work that way anyway

also my tricep is up higher then my bicep, proportionally
    this may make me odd I dunno
    I mean there is tricep accross from my bi of course but the bigger part of my tri is up above where my bi is
    is this rare or norm
    thanks

bgb7269 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tri's first! Because if ure doing Bi's first and doing them right the pump will interfere with properly contracting the triceps. And besides the tricep is bigger and requires more energy, whats more tiring close grip bench or curls?
    Life is like a bear, it thinks it's playing with you, but its really kickin ure ass.--?

'Go suck a Bible." - Homer Simpson

"little boys taste like bacon" -Micheal Jackson

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just for a change of pace (and an exhausting workout), superset bi/tri/bi/tri/bi/tri, etc.

Think about moving dips to chest day; if you want dips for triceps, do behind-the-back (bench) dips, like these:

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...tBenchDip.html

Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kane Fan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    for me
    curls
    then again I only did closegrip benches once recently
    and I was trying to find my 1RM so it wasn't actually a workout
    but you know...

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I train the weaker bodypart first and for me that's the tricpes. I'm sure to hit all 3 heads and move on to bicesp. I just do a few movements for biceps because they are genetically large and I think they overpower my triceps.
    MsFit

Studying Nutrition 24/7 ManOfSteel2003's Avatar
    ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I always do triceps first, because they never seem to plateau and will always be sore the next day. My biceps are already huge and don't get very sore, so you should always train the lagging bodypart first. In my case, Triceps. Go at it man.
    Currently bulking...goal 3lbs+ increase every month.

ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ManOfSteel2003 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

Another thought...
    Triceps make up 2/3 of your upper arm mass, so you have the biggest potential to see mass gains there. Blast em first! Anyway, Triceps and Biceps are two completely different ranges of motion, so one shouldn't get tired out from doing the other.

Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You guys suck at math.

3 muscles in the tricep.
    2 muscles in the bicep.
    =5 muscles.

Therefore, the tricep represents 3/5 of the upper arm musculature.

I superset bi's and tri's. That's the kind of workout that makes grown-men cry...

The % and ratio of the upper arm is based on weight of the muscles (in pounds or kilograms), not # of heads or # of muscles that make up the groups. In other words the triceps account for 2/3 of the upper arms mass (weight).

You have 2 legs and you have 2 arms. That doesn't mean they're the same size. Right? Actually, for people that don't squat that might be true.

An antagonistic superset (a superset that combines muscles that have exact oppsote functions, but work together, such as tricep/bicep is a very effective way to train. When you are directly training one muscle, the other works indirectly (when lowering the weight) and recovers faster.

This alsow orks with back and chest, etc.

Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carnutzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Mr.B-

The ratio is set- its 3/5. You can't change that unless you have muscles removed.

The % of tri to bi is wholly determined by physical make-up. I don't see how you can say my triceps are 2/3 of my upper arm mass. I can see where generally, that might be true.

I was real careful in my verbiage- only stating that triceps represent 3 out of 5 muscles. Period. That's a fact.

I think we're sorta saying the same things, from a different perspective.

Happy lifting..

Originally posted by Carnutzzz
    Mr.B-

The ratio is set- its 3/5. You can't change that unless you have muscles removed.

The % of tri to bi is wholly determined by physical make-up. I don't see how you can say my triceps are 2/3 of my upper arm mass. I can see where generally, that might be true.

I was real careful in my verbiage- only stating that triceps represent 3 out of 5 muscles. Period. That's a fact.

I think we're sorta saying the same things, from a different perspective.

Happy lifting..
    proportionally your tricep should be 2/3 of your arms muscle mass and your bicep should be the other 1/3.

Cool

I didn't mean to start this huge debate over tricep and bicep percentages lol. I was just saying that you will benefit more from training the Triceps first and with the most intensity since it is a larger muscle group. Everyone was right in their own way though. Peace out everyone.

1:2
    that's how it SHOULD be assuming your genetics are within the norm and you train both muscles with the same level of interst
    personally my ratio is probubly more like 1:1 or a lil more favoriable towards biceps