LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LordHalbert2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Working out when feeling tired/fatigued

Im really pooped today but I'm still going to lift weights today.

Yesterday was leg day which I think has something to do with my fatigue and today is back day.

Anyhow, i think working out through fatigue and pain is what separates men from the boys (and the alphas from the betas )

~Go Big or Go Home!!~ hbk442000's Avatar
    hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hbk442000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol...there might be some logic to that...I think. But listen to your body. You don't want to push it to much and risk injury. Its ok to slow it down..if your body is giving you all the right signs.

keep pumping
    "If the bar ain't bendin ur just pretendin"

Chi10-10-10

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LordHalbert2 View Post

Yesterday was leg day which I think has something to do with my fatigue and today is back day.

Anyhow, i think working out through fatigue and pain is what separates men from the boys (and the alphas from the betas )
    I'm recovering from sinus surgery and drove 150 miles through a blizzard so I could get the splints out of my nose. As soon as the surgeon took them out, I asked "when can I lift?"

Another OV 35'er got smashed up in a car wreck, every thought is about when he'll get up and squat again.

Another OV 35'er broke his leg today in a parking lot and wont be hitting the iron the way he wants anytime soon.

Your pooped? Sorry that you're in such a fatigued state. My heart goes out to you.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

We make PROGRESS happen! Bronzebird's Avatar
    Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000) Bronzebird is a name known to all. (+5000)

Smile 2 protein shakes before and one after

When I'm less than enthused to give 110% before a work out I drink one shake 1-1.5 before and again 30min before the work out. My results is after the 2d or 3rd set I feel that POWER rush of endorphins hitting my brain and muscles respond with renewed energy levels. I'm new to lifting and documenting data. I find new PR's on at least 75% of workouts because I know what my goals are to beat. So the challenge starts with my protein Shakes. Good Luck lifting what you did last week. And Good skill on PR's!!
    Send a friend to invite on ********--> Marty Tolmich/Personal Trainer

My video are at https://www.********.com/pages/Action-Fitness-LLC/219746674743053

egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) egeorgeh3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

I know how you feel. Just had a foot of snow here in the northeast. So I did deadlifts Wednesday and then had to shovel a foot of snow for an hour Thursday night. But I was NOT going to miss my Friday heavy day so I got up in the morning and hit new PRs on squats and bench but ran out of gas during my last set of pendlay rows. My lower back wasn't hurt but it had had enough. But I just HAD to get that workout in, Now I can enjoy the 2 days off.

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    theres a balance to it...as in all of life.

any dummy can take a car and hold the throttle to the floor until he eventually runs off the road....its the same with our bodies and nervous system etc.

if one is tired on occasion then one should push thru it....but if u r having like 3-4 bad workouts in a row or chrnic tiredness then its needs to be looked at.

one thing about the body...it WILL do what you tell it to. If you take off everytime you feel "tired" then youll never get anywhere because the body gets lethargic (tree sloth). The other end of the spectrum is the person (chihuahua) who is a bundle of energy ALL the time.

quite often we feel tired and COULD watch TV and blow off the workout and sit at home...but when we force ourself to the gym and start to warm up we start to feel energized and we have a good workout.

Me, I worked 13 hours yesterday throwing boxes onto a conveyer belt plus a 30 minute drive both ways. Needless to say I am totally wasted today, lol. But I am still going to try to workout even though my workout suffer lately and I know there r no real gains waiting while im doing this hard ass slave job im on.

In my case I am not sure it would do me any good to just drop the hammer even more and try to force myself to do crushing workouts while also doing a crushing job...but who knows, I might try it, lol. (maybe hard workouts on Sat/Sun then 1 more during the week? hmmm)
    "Humility comes before honor"

Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Minotaur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hbk442000 View Post
    lol...there might be some logic to that...I think. But listen to your body. You don't want to push it to much and risk injury. Its ok to slow it down..if your body is giving you all the right signs.

keep pumping
    x2.

There are times when I'm tired, but a workout gets me revived and I'm better for it. Then there are other times I'm tired and I know if I go to the gym I will get hurt and/or have a crappy workout.
    "Go home, have a beer and smash something. That's what I would do" - Unknown (but probably Thor).

WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50) WeebleNoMore will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Um, listen to your body. A missed day won't set you back, just be honest with yourself. If you need the rest, take the rest.

Nuff said.
    Non Smoker since August 1, 2007

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere. ~ Frank A. Clark

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I often work out when my enthusiasm is less than ideal and usually the results are great. I typically do front squats on Wednesday even though I still have DOMS from my high-volume squats on Monday. So, I'd say that even when you're feeling less than ideal, it's still a good idea to go to the gym anyway just to see what you've got.

However, I'd recommend a rest day after doing legs.

http://www.sugapablo.net sugapablo's Avatar
    sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10) sugapablo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get some coffee, let it get to room temp, and chug it. I chug my protein shake with some non-alkalized (sp?) cocoa in it. I watch the video attached to my BodySpace page of Ed Corney squatting with Arnold, blast some music LOUD in the gym, and beat the f*ck out of my heavy bag for a few minutes.

By then I'm usually ready to go. If that doesn't do it, it's not meant to be.
    My Transformation:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/500/transformation10.jpg

gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gympunk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Most times it absolutely wakes me up to get over the hump & lift when I'm tired. Sometimes tough I'm just beat & think "Why did I bother"

John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) John Prophet is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    one can never tell how the actual gym workout itself will go.

on numerous occasions u barely get TO the gym but u walk in and th emusic is just right and your friends r there and the warmups are easy and next thing u know you set a personal best or two.

On other days u feel great when u arrive and u warmup and u figure itll be a big day and then when it comes time to do the heavy sets it just aint there.
    "Humility comes before honor"

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree with John Prophet - if tiredness becomes chronic then there is a problem. Occasional moments of weakness are normal, we all have them. I found I am always happy afterward if I pushed through and saved bad day with good workout.

For those who says "listen to your body" - ehh, I am not sure. My body is weak lazy sonuvagun that needn't be listened to. If I ever listened to my body I would never lift my butt of the couch.

Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Stenn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by weiss1967 View Post
    For those who says "listen to your body" - ehh, I am not sure. My body is weak lazy sonuvagun that needn't be listened to. If I ever listened to my body I would never lift my butt of the couch.
    LOL! I'm with ya, buddy! I've got my body listening to ME for a change.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Wink

That is why keeping a workout journal is so important. Then you can gauge if you are stagnant , regressing or progressing. You can also determine patterns. Maybe you are usually tired after doing legs. Maybe you need more time off after hard leg workouts ( just a thought).

Like everyone else is saying. Listen to your body, if it is becoming chronic you need a break.

heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000) heatwave13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm a proponet of "know thyself" or "listen to your body" when it comes to workout tired. If I'm sure that I'm out of it or overly tired, I'll just skip it, but often times, I'll at least begin the workout and see if I have anything in the tank that day and, if not, I'll abandon the workout for that day and try it again some other day.
    RAW PRs--no suit, no belt, no wraps, no spotters

Squat- 1075 lbs
    Deadlift- 1250 lbs
    Bench- 795 lbs
    Power Clean- 665 lbs.
    Barbell Curl-405 lbs.

225 Bench Press for reps-56 reps
    40 yard dash-4.13 seconds (electronic official time)
    vertical leap-55 inches

Registered User walidboutoubane's Avatar
    walidboutoubane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Its simple

One does not just simply feel tired without working out, within that lies evil which does not sleep.

Trying to get those Leans AC242's Avatar
    AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AC242 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is a fine line between being lazy and needing another day of rest.

Only you know your body well enough to know the difference. My pre-workout always gives me the energy and willingness to push through when all I want is to sleep and eat donuts.

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by walidboutoubane View Post
    One does not just simply feel tired without working out, within that lies evil which does not sleep.
    Since this thread is over 5 years old I would hope the OP is more rested.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is what happens when someone is told to use the search function instead of starting threads
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    This is what happens when someone is told to use the search function instead of starting threads
    I think it is OK to bump a really old thread to ask a question -- but where it gets odd is when someone offers an answer to a question that somebody asked years ago. As if they have been sitting around for the last half-decade waiting for someone else to chime in.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    I think it is OK to bump a really old thread to ask a question -- but where it gets odd is when someone offers an answer to a question that somebody asked years ago. As if they have been sitting around for the last half-decade waiting for someone else to chime in.
    We'll just wait for OP to get back from banned camp, if ever, and expect him to give a heartfelt response and possibly even rep everyone ITT.

Subbed
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by walidboutoubane View Post
    Thanks for that tidbit, Boromir.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Ha ha. Love it. Always get a kick out of your responses, Karl!
    "An infraction is better than an infarction."
    - Aldington and Adlington

"Cursus sub pondere crescit."
    - Anon

Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Ralikar is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's 5 years old but out there...

The real answer is not your body but your knowledge.

Uninformed: Been lifting 2 months, own plan, no clue about CNS fatigue vs muscle fatigue, lifting to failure all the time, no clue about deloading or periodization, macros off, -1000 on a cut. Working out 24/7

You will probably be tired for a good reason...

More experienced lifter: macros set, calories set in relation to the goals, a sound split, proper deloads, proper periodization, intensity/Muscle failure/Volume set per body type/fitness goals/split... cheat meals factored in, rest days set

You will be able to tell if it's just an off day or not...

If you are a newer lifter and don't see the difference or don't know wtf some of these things mean/do search now and save yourself some hardships later.