~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100) ~Ekto~ is not very well liked. (-100)

Working out with a job that demands travel?

Hi all,

I am wondering how many of you have jobs that require you to travel for weeks at a time. How do you manage your eating/working out when you are staying at hotels in different cities assuming the hotel does not have a gym?

Suggestions?

RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000) RipStone is just really nice. (+1000)
    here is a routine you could do in your hotel room...

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459685

for eating well on the road, pack some food with you such as a shaker bottle and tupperware containers with whey and oats, homemade protein bars, etc

also, pick healthy foods when you are out to eat. avoid sauces and oils on your food.
    My Training Journal...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=608812

"Chris = Awesomeness" :)

Check out...

http://www.redpointfitness.com/

WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10) WantSize is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ekto...

My career requires me to travel every week. I have found that in many cases either the hotel will have a gym, or if they do not they usually have some agreement with a gym nearby the hotel where guests of the hotel can use the facilities during their stay. Ask the front desk of the various hotels, typically they just give you a pass. In the rare cases where this is not the case, there is always a gym nearby that you can pay a daily rate to use, some even have 1-week passes.

As for the dieting thing, I just scope out known restaurants where I know I can order "good food". For instance, I hit Dennys for the egg beater omelet with wheat toast for breakfast (double the eggs), then I hit a local restaurant for a grilled chicken salad and a side of rice. then I will hit the outback for grilled salmon, broccoli, and rice. I also travel with Protien bars, protien powder, oats, and peanuts. These will be used to make up the rest of the days meals.

Hope this is helpful

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With any luck, you're the one who picks the hotels you stay at. In other words, do some research and only stay at those with a fitness facility or one with an agreement with a gym. However, If you're like me (and many of the people here) hotel gyms are inadequate b/c they're either full of old equipment, not enough weight, or just not a good environment.

As much as people dislike them, it may be a good idea to look into a gym membership that's a huge chain. Many of them will allow you to either workout at their different locations for free or for a ridiculously small fee (I'm talking like 2 bucks).

If you want my suggestion, join the Y. I went on a road trip from Burlington to Portland, Oregon this summer. On our route alone we passed 3. I punched in the zip codes we'd be passing and I believe there were about 90 we passed. We were in some bumblef*ck places, too.

GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Food is a huge problem when traveling. Most resturant foods are high in fat, as I'm sure you know. I find buffet dinners to be useful, as you can hit the salads, fruits, fish, and chicken dishes while avoiding the junk. As for lunch, Subway.

Get a room with a fridge and microwave if your staying for more than 1 or 2 days. My out-of-town breakfast is almost always:
    1 fat-free yogurt
    1 bananna
    1 bagel
    1 slim-fast
    1 bowl oatmeal
    All of it I just do up in the room. Most of the time your hotel will have "Continental Breakfast", which is good for grabbing the fruits.

As for workouts, the Y is ok, and you would be supprised how many towns have public recreational facilities. One town I frequently work from (usually for 3 to 5 days a time) has a Community Center with a very good workout area. The cost is only $3 per visit for a non-resident. Almost every town has a community swimming pool too, which is an excelent substitute for the weights in a pinch. Just check the Yellow pages, usually found under the Giddeon's Bible next to the phone.

ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericTHEninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GimpyPaw
    Almost every town has a community swimming pool too, which is an excelent substitute for the weights in a pinch..
    apparently, you're not a fan of south park where all the first graders pee in the public pool

Yure has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you want to become bulky and strong (not skinny) this should be perfect for you
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/shenandoah/OBB/OBB.html
    read everything on it
    i think it will help you a lot

GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000) GimpyPaw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ericTHEninja
    apparently, you're not a fan of south park where all the first graders pee in the public pool
    On the contrary, but how else do you expect them to heat the pool?