Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100)

Do squats work the hamstrings as much as the quads?

Do squats work the hamstrings as much as the quads? The reason why I ask is because, with what I have available to me now, I am only able to do squats, lunges, leg extensions, and leg curls. As of now, I have been doing a leg workout routine which consists of squats, leg extensions, and leg curls. I usually do an extra set or 2 more on the leg curls than the leg extensions because I've been assuming that squats work the quads more than hamstrings, but is this so? Should throw lunges into my leg day?

SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SIM37 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can do squats, you can also do SLDL to hit the hams.

$AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) $AJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    proper formed back squatting willl ALWAYS be about hips/hams/glutes, then quads. Wnat quad work - do front squats.
    <->

Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100) Stacks61 is not very well liked. (-100)
    What's the difference?

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by $AJ
    proper formed back squatting willl ALWAYS be about hips/hams/glutes, then quads. Wnat quad work - do front squats.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

That's why I stopped doing regular squats and switched to front squats. I was tired of my ass always being sore and not my legs.
    I don't know either lol

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Stacks61
    What's the difference?

bar placement shifts the load

Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vinny_Au has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i feel my quads working more in normal squats not sure why, im pretty sure my from is correct but i guess my bar placemetn is lower, shorter stance + ATG all the time. Its either my ass or my quads being sore never my hams :S

tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10) tarun_s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yea i feel my quads work too in regular squats. they burn. and my quads have grown a lot too since doing squats. i'm pretty sure my form is right...

Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jneves will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    shoulder width or slightly wider making sure you go deep and you will hit the glutes/hams good.

Also if you have a bar for squats you can do all the different deadlift variations and also good mornings which are all good for the posterior chain.
    "Leave the pump in the bedroom and add some damn weight to the bar" - Dave Tate

"Train for strength, eat to grow and you will get bigger and stronger" - Someone bigger and stronger then me

boricuaterp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boricuaterp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) boricuaterp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jneves
    shoulder width or slightly wider making sure you go deep and you will hit the glutes/hams good.

Also if you have a bar for squats you can do all the different deadlift variations and also good mornings which are all good for the posterior chain.
    ^^^^ + Romanian DL's.

SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The back squat sits "back" a LOT more than the front squat, and when you sit back you recruit the glutes and the hams to provide balance. On the front squat your back has to remain much straighter, otherwise the bar will roll right off of your shoulders, and as a result your quads and inner thighs are forced to handle more of the weight.

This is not to say that the squat isn't a good exercise for the quads. They're both great. One simply demands more from the quads than the other.

And if you have an o-bar, you can do a TON of exercises for your hams--SLDLs, good mornings, romanian deads, etc.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here's what I do on my Leg day:

Front Squats
    Squats
    Stiff Leg Deadlifts
    Calf Raises

Preety balanced in terms of hitting the hams and quads.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Depends on the style of the squat you're doing, bodybuilding squats are meant to work the quads mostly, while powerlifter/olympic lifter squats are more targetting the hams and glutes. The lower the bar placement on your back and the more upright you are and making sure your upper legs, not your knees move, you'll be targetting the hams and glutes.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel