alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strength without size (weight class)

Hey everyone,
    So I've been training in the 1-5 rep range for almost 2 months now, trying to put on as much strength as possible without gaining the size. I know that with any strength gains must come muscular size gains, but what have you fellow weight class athletes done to try and minimize the muscle mass increase? I compete in Oly lifting and am trying to stay in 94 kilos. Im about 100 kilos right now.

Also, I don't take many supplements besides protein, so is there anything you all use which can give me a boost in the strength department while maintaining my size?

Thanks everyone
    Deadlift: 510 lbs
    Squat: 425 lbs
    Bench: 325 lbs

Used to wrestle in college but got too many concussions. Now I just lift weights cause I can.

alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alrenzi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How on earth did I get negged for this?
    Deadlift: 510 lbs
    Squat: 425 lbs
    Bench: 325 lbs

Used to wrestle in college but got too many concussions. Now I just lift weights cause I can.

ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000) ecchastang is just really nice. (+1000)
    Has your strength improved in the last two months? If so, keep doing that. Also, do you have a pic? You might be able to gain muscle and lose some fat, small amounts like a kg or two and get stronger that way without changing your weight much.

JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JamesW129 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alrenzi View Post
    How on earth did I get negged for this?
    I'm going to say it was this:

Originally Posted by alrenzi View Post
    Hey everyone,
    So I've been training in the 1-5 rep range for almost 2 months now, trying to put on as much strength as possible without gaining the size. I know that with any strength gains must come muscular size gains, but what have you fellow weight class athletes done to try and minimize the muscle mass increase? I compete in Oly lifting and am trying to stay in 94 kilos. Im about 100 kilos right now.

Also, I don't take many supplements besides protein, so is there anything you all use which can give me a boost in the strength department while maintaining my size?

Thanks everyone
    Android app to track lifting progress. (includes unique features such as weekly volume tracking, 1-RM calculator, RPE, WILKS calculator, find PR for a specific exercise+reps)
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.liftlog

1530lb raw @ 196lb

++ Positive Crew ++

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Training wise I don't really think there is much that will make a big diff. You are doing weightlifting, so you're not going to be doing high reps and bodybuilder exercises anyway.

If you get heavier than 94, eat less until you're 94.

If you get lighter than 94, eat more until your 94.

It's basically that simple. From what you say about protein powder, you don't know very much about nutrition, so you need to go research and educate yourself. Go start now!
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fletch1986 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The obvious answer is don't eat a caloric surplus. If you have been eating caloric surplus, just understand that you might not have the same energy and resources to handle as much total training volume. Although, that's just a maybe, you'll have to find that out for yourself.

Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000) Stratostix is just really nice. (+1000)
    I keep track of my macros. If i lower my caloric intake ( i do so in small increments), the weight room and the scale will tell me how im doing.
    Im in the same boat. Trying to stay at 90kg while increasing strength.
    So far im maintaining weight and increasing all my lifts with consistency. I dont know if my body composition is changing at all. Only the future will tell.

This approach has worked for me so far. There's a good chance i'll have to change things up soon enough.