J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Has anyone used Creatine during a cutting phase?

I am wondering if using creatine would be ok during a cutting phase. Supposedly, all the new type of creatine out now is not supposed to bloat you, tho it does push water into the muscle cells, but i was wondering if cuts would be limited due to the creatine. Plus i was thinking it would help keep my strength up and at least continue to have a little pump in the muscles, especially after all the dieting.

Any thoughts?
    Some sacrifices are worth making if it means that i can have a body of a "god".

"The biggest crutch to any goal is indecisiveness".

'The hardest decision in bodybuilding is to decide whether you are cutting up or bulking up."

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Creatine SHOULD be used while cutting.

J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) J Wes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks

Originally Posted by Beast
    Thanks. How were your results when you used it?

Any particular brand you would suggest?
    Last edited by J Wes; 10-19-2005 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Additional question

'The hardest decision in bodybuilding is to decide whether you are cutting up or bulking up."

974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250) 974g63awd has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Beast

Do you recomend any brand of creatine during cutting (keto) diet?

zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) zodawg0079 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Use a Creatine Ethyl Ester of some sort. You will get less water retention at least in my experience. I have been getting great results with Dymatize Xpand which is a pre-workout NO and Creatine drink. Pumps are awesome and strength stays up even while on a carb restricted diet.
    www.ironguru.com <--- great information
    www.vincegironda.com

Instead of bitching about genetics, why not eat and lift?
    Blaming your genetics is a copout. Effort holds the key to success in life and sculpting a physique.

Protein+Fat= Muscle
    Carbohydrates= Fat

NATURAL 4 LIFE! Hardcore Natural's Avatar
    Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000) Hardcore Natural is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by zodawg0079
    Use a Creatine Ethyl Ester of some sort. You will get less water retention at least in my experience.
    Creatine does not promote water retention anyways. Water retention above the muscle and below the skin is what most of us deem as "water retention" that you don't want. Creatine does not promote this, but it does promote water to be drawn into the muscle, which is always good. So no need to worry about "water retention" with creatine.

As long as you consume enough water, your water retention will be at a minimum anyways.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Todd69
    Creatine does not promote water retention anyways. Water retention above the muscle and below the skin is what most of us deem as "water retention" that you don't want. Creatine does not promote this, but it does promote water to be drawn into the muscle, which is always good. So no need to worry about "water retention" with creatine.

As long as you consume enough water, your water retention will be at a minimum anyways.
    Thanks everyone. I will look for a creatine ester sometime today.

as with creatine monohydrate, from what i read, the monohydrate was not absorbed well in the body, which is why you had to take such a large dosage of it. The amounts that the body did not absorb well led to water retention or the bloated look. I forgot where i read it, but it was one of the main reasons for coming out with the creatine ester. I know i used Creatine Monohydrate in the past and it would give me a puffy look, even with drinking a gallon and a half of water a day.

I have heard great things about the ester and will give it a try. i know every body reacts differently to supp's but hopefully, i will get the same great results like most of you. Thanks again.

AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000) AYung is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had great results with XPAND when I used it the 3 times.

But now I am cutting, and am using Creatine Monohydrate.

marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10) marcoecon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hardcore Natural View Post

"Water retention above the muscle and below the skin is what most of us deem as "water retention" that you don't want. Creatine does not promote this" So what are people then talking about, i don't get it if you say it does not promote water retention then why people say they feel bloated, or when they press on their muscle they feel there more water covering it????

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used creatine right up to and including the day of my show. Water retention in the muscle cells is a good thing.

Audible has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used Cell-Mass from BSN, which is some sort of Creatine Ester if I remember correctly. Anyways, I've been on it for the 3 weeks and still using it now, I've started cutting since like last Sunday and by today, I lost about 3-4 pounds. So definitely Creatine helps or atleast has no impact on your Cutting Phase.