J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50)

J-Freak's Journey To The Buckeye Classic

Hi everyone, my name is Josh. I had a thread on here for a very short amount of time about a year ago but I quickly stoped updating it because I was finishing up my last quarter of College, plus working 40 hours a week and things were just a lil to crazy for me to keep up with the thread. So this is my second shot keeping a journal on here.

My original plan was to try and compete in the NPC Monster Mash at the end of this month but after about 5 months of cutting I simple wasn't going to be in shape for the show. So I have decided instead to a shot at the INBF Natural Buckeye Classic which is April 16th. Which will be my first contest as well.

When my offseason ended I was around 220lbs with about 15% bf. Right now I am sitting at 194 at about 12% bf. I am currently doing AGS-10 training with a 4 day routine instead of the 5 day routine. Wens. and Sat. are cardio and abs. My diet right now is 6 meals a day with 35 grams of protien, 10 grams fat, and 60 grams of carbs in 5 of the 6 meals. The 6th meal I have moved down to 45 grams. I will slowly drop carbs out of the diet as my weight hits a sticking point. Also on my off days and cardio and ab only days I have carbs only in my first meals the rest are protien and fat. I get two servings of fruit a day along with unlimited veggies.

Today I have back and tris, lets see if I can get into contest shape by April!

J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50) J-Freak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Back, Tri's and Rear Delt:

BB Row: 235 x 9 along with a few partial reps to finish off with

Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 205 x 9, 1 forced rep, and 1 negative

Wide Grip Cable Rows: 220 x 10 with a few partials

T-Bar Vol. Set: 160 for 5 sets of 10, 6th set I only got 6

Pressdowns: 200 x 4, 3 forced reps

1 Arm Tri Extention: 60 x 9, with one negative

Overhead Tri Extentions Rep Blast: 170 x 20

Reverse Pec Deck: 125 x 6, with 4 forced reps

Overall it was a good workout tonight, energy was up and I was moving at a pretty good pace. I finshed with 20 mins of LISS. After that my brother and I hit up Pizza Hut so I could get in my last free meal before I switch over to the clean carb refeed. We had some boneless spicy bq wings with potato wedges along with some peperonie pizza! I must say it was pretty good, also when I got home I looked and felt really full all over which was good. Tomorrow I hit Legs!
    Nothing works unless you do!

Sorry for the Lack of updates over the weekend, I didn't really get on the computer the past few days. Fri. was Legs and here's the workout!

Legs

Leg Extentions: 255 (the entire stack at the gym) x 11 plus a few half reps

Leg Press: 410 x 6 with 3 forced reps

Squat: 255 x 6 with 4 forced reps

Squat Rep Blast: 135 x 22

Straight Leg Deads: 275 x 7

Seated Leg Curls: 125 x 8 with a few half reps

Seated Leg Curls Rep Blast: 70 x 25

Standing Calf Raises: 300 x 9

Calf Raises Done On Leg Press Rep Blast: 240 x 25

I decided to not do abs and cardio on saturday from now on because I figured it would be better to give myself a day off after legs and do HIT and abs on sundays instead. I feel pretty good today so I think it was the right choice. I was down 3 lbs from last week so It appears I'm on the right track. Chest and Bi's later today!

Well I just got done with my PWO meal. Today was Chest and Bi's. This week is the deload week which takes place every 4th week. The deload week means no forced reps or negatives, just each set to failure and thats it. Also no vol. sets just rep blasts only. Here's todays workout!

Chest & Bi's

BB Decline: 205 x 7 (first time I have done these in probably over 2 years!)

DB Incline: 85's x 7

Incline DB Flys: 65 x 8

Cable Crossovers Rep Blast: 50 x 30

1 Arm Nautilus Preacher Curl: 65 x 10

BB Curls Rep Blast: 55 x 20

Finshed with 20 mins of LISS

Today's workout was pretty good, I had insane pumps in my Chest and Bi's! It must be that Quake I took before lifting! haha

Tuesday's workout

Deads, Shoulders, & Traps

DY Deads: 315 x 8 (DY=Dorian Yates, I like to do these like Dorian did bc I feel like the back gets worked better by keeping constant tension on the back instead of letting the bar go all the way to the floor where you kind of get a second of rest.)

BB Press: 185 x 7

DB Lateral Raises: 30 x 10

1 Arm Cable Laterals Rep Blast: 30 x 25

BB Shrugs: 315 x 11

DB Shrugs Rep Blast: 80's x 22

Today I have 30 mins of HIT with abs, It's going to be tough bc I feel a lil drained from work earlier today but it's got to get done!

I have been really busy lately but here's the workouts I have not posted the past couple of days.

Back & Tris

BB Rows: 245 x 8

Reverse Grip PullDowns: 210 x 9

Wide Grip Cable Rows: 230 x 11

T-Bar Rep Blast: 150 x 22

Tri Pressdowns: 200 x 6

Over Head Extentions Rep Blast: 170 x 22

Legs

Leg Ext: 255 x 12

Leg Press: 410 x 6

Squat: 255 x 7

Squat Rep Blast: 135 x 20

SLD: 275 x 10

Seated Leg Curls: 135 x 6

Seated Leg Curls Rep Blast: 70 x 22

Standing Calf: 320 x 11

Leg Press Calf Raises Rep Blast: 240 x 24

Chest & Bi's

BB Decline: 205 x 7 plus 2 forced

DB Incline: 85's x 7 plus 2 forced and 1 neg

Incline DB Flys: 65 x 7 plus 1 forced

Cable Crossovers Vol Set: 60 x 6 sets of 10 7th set I got 7

1 Arm Nautilus Preacher Curl: 70 x 6 plus 3 forced and 2 neg

BB Curls Vol. Set: 55 x 5 sets of 10 6th set I got 8

I also have decided to switch over to the Cut Diet for the rest of the prep so we will see how things go the next couple of weeks as my body adjusts.

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    subbed
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Yesterdays Workout

Deads, Shoulders, Traps

Deads: 315 x 7

DB Shoulder Press: 75 x 4 with 3 forced (I was a lil weak in these, it's been awhile since I have did them)

DB Side Laterals: 35 x 5 with 3 forced reps and a few half reps as well

1 Arm Cable Laterals Vol. Set: 30 x 7 sets of 10 on the 8th set I got 8

BB Shrugs: 325 x 10

DB Shrugs Rep Blast: 80's x 25

I have cardio to knock out later on today!

Back and Tri's

BB Rows: 245 x 8 with a few half reps

Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 215 x 6 with 4 forced and 1 neg

Wide Grip Cale Rows: 240 x 7 with 2 forced and a few half reps

T-Bar Vol. Set: 160 x 7 sets of 10 on the 8th set I only got 8

Tri Pressdowns: 200 x 6 with 4 forced and 1 neg

Overhead Tri Extention Vol. Set: 170 x 5 sets of 10 on the 6th I only got 5

My diet has been on point all week, I had my first carb re-feed wens from the cut diet and I must say it was pretty intense! I found the hardest part was trying to eat the 8oz of sweet potato with lil to no water. All the poatao wanted to do was stick to the back of my throat and not go down smooth! lol But I got it in, and I ended up weighing 3 lbs less the next morning which was a little suprising to me. I think tomorrow My brother and I are going to meet up with my old college roomate and go watch the NPC Monster Mash, which should be fun. I got legs here shortley, gotta start getting ready!

Legs

Leg Ext: 255 x 12 with 3 forced

Leg Press: 410 x 6 with 6 forced

Squat: 255 x 6 with 4 forced

Squat Rep Blast: 135 x 22

SLD: 280 x 10 a new PR

Seated Leg Curls: 135 x 4 with 4 forced

Seated Leg Curls Rep Blast: 70 x 23

Standing Calf: 340 x 9

Leg Press Calf Rep Blast: 260 x 24

Chest & Bi's

BB Decline: 205 x 8 with 2 forced

DB Incline: 85 x 8 with 1 forced and 1 neg

DB Incline Flys 65 x 8 with 2 forced

Cable Crossovers Vol. Set: 60 for 6 sets of 10 on the 7th I got 8

1 Arm Nautilus Preacher Curl: 70 x 7 with 3 forced and 2 neg

BB Curls Vol. Set: 55 for 6 sets of 10 on the 7th I got 8

This next workout is from yesterday. I work construction for the time being (due to the act I'm a new college graduate that can not find a job) and yesterday we were ripping up a concrete patio so I was pretty wore out and my back was bothering me so I went ight on deads and was a lil weak in a few exercises.

Deads, Shoulders & Traps

Deads: 275 x 10

DB Press: 75 x 5 with 3 forced reps

DB Side Laterals: 30 x 6 with 4 forced and a few half reps

1 Arm Cable Laterals Rep Blast: 30 x 21

BB Shrugs: 335 x 7

DB Shrugs Rep Blast: 80 x 24

I know I have been away from this thread for a lil bit but I figured I am way over due for an update. Currently I am 188 as of this past sunday. My carb meal is tonight, which I 'm looking forward to! This will be the first time that I have dieted during the time of Thanksgiving which is going to be extremely rough bc my grandma's cooking is something else but I have enough will power to resist the temptations! Here's last nights workout.

Chest and Bi's

BB Decline: 225 x 6, x 2, x 1 (I used rest pause method on this)

DB Incline: 90 x 6 with 2 forced

DB Incline Flys: 70 x 8 with 2 forced

Cable Crossovers Vol. Set: 60 for 6 sets of 10, 7th set got 7

1 Arm Concentration Curls: 35 x 8, x 2, x1 (Rest pause)

BB Curls Vol. Set: 65 for 5 sets of 10 6th set I got 6

I'm about to eat another meal then go hit Dead, Shoulders, and Traps!

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nice lookn' workouts. Good luck in April!
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deltpecx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by J-Freak View Post
    I know I have been away from this thread for a lil bit but I figured I am way over due for an update. Currently I am 188 as of this past sunday. My carb meal is tonight, which I 'm looking forward to! This will be the first time that I have dieted during the time of Thanksgiving which is going to be extremely rough bc my grandma's cooking is something else but I have enough will power to resist the temptations!...
    I just make Thanksgiving weekend a free food weekend.
    I don't go crazy with the eats but I don't record any of the food from the turkey dinners.

Yes, dinners, I have one on Thursday and then I make one on Saturday.
    She approached with her hand extended,. I slowly stepped back. "No" she said. "I just want to shake your hand. You're amazingly gorgeous." As she walked by me she copped a biceps feel.

1st Place Masters Over 60 Bodybuilding 2014

Originally Posted by RUBICON19 View Post
    Nice lookn' workouts. Good luck in April!
    Thanks! The weird thing is I've actually gotten stronger in some lifts since I've been dieting! But hey I'm not arguing. lol

Originally Posted by deltpecx View Post
    I just make Thanksgiving weekend a free food weekend.
    I don't go crazy with the eats but I don't record any of the food from the turkey dinners.

Yes, dinners, I have one on Thursday and then I make one on Saturday.
    Yeah I thought about it, given I'm 22 weeks out from the contest but I'm on the cut diet which dosen't allow free meals. So I planned on not cheating but then again maybe I will! lol My mind says no but my stomach says yes! haha

Hey, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was pretty good, actually probably one of the best in recent memory. I have def. let this thread go a bit but this week will be 16 weeks out from the show. I will be keeping up with this thread from this point on, all the way up to the show. I plan on taking some pics this week and putting them up in this thread as well.

Today I weighed in at 185 and my waist is down to 31 1/4, I will be boosting cardio up to 35 mins pwo this week, I also will be throwing in some Dialene 4x, yohimbine, as well as re-introducing Quake back into the equation (I have been off of it for about 2 weeks now). I am still running the Cut Diet, tonight is actually my carb meal, which I'm looking forward to.

This week I will have to make up a workout and a cardio session I missed this past week due to Christmas and the gym not being open. I was actually suppose to workout with one of my neighbors in his dungen/gaurage on sat but he ended up lifting friday without telling me, so I will be squeezing in that missed workout this week. From tis point out it's gametime!

Mon: Shoulders and Bi's (warm up sets not listed, just final all out set)

BB Shoulder Press: 185 x 6 + 4 forced reps
    DB Lateral Raises: 30's x 7 + 4 forced + a couple half reps
    1 Arm Cable laterals: 35 x 20 (rep blast)
    Reverse Lateral Raises: 35 x 9 + a couple half reps
    Concentration Curls: 45's x 6 + 4 forced + 1 negative
    BB Curls: 55 x 22 (rep blast)

Tues: Back & Traps

Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 230 x 6 + 4 forced + 2 negatives
    BB Rows: 265 x 6 + a couple half reps
    Wide Grip Cable Rows: 265 x 9 + 4 forced + 1 negative
    T-Bar: 3 plates x 22 (rep blast)
    Deads: 275 x 8
    BB Shrugs: 365 x 9
    Shrug Machine: 5 plates x 27 (rep blast)

Today I did some cardio only while rockin some Watermelon Xtend, Dialene, and Yohimbine!
    Tomorrow is chest and tris and I'm going to throw in a lil shoulders as well to make up for the missed shoulder workout from last week due to the holidays! I plan on hopefully getting some pics up by the end of this weekend, carb meal tonight!

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Mine was pretty good, actually probably one of the best in recent memory. I have def. let this thread go a bit but this week will be 16 weeks out from the show. I will be keeping up with this thread from this point on, all the way up to the show. I plan on taking some pics this week and putting them up in this thread as well.

Today I weighed in at 185 and my waist is down to 31 1/4, I will be boosting cardio up to 35 mins pwo this week, I also will be throwing in some Dialene 4x, yohimbine, as well as re-introducing Quake back into the equation (I have been off of it for about 2 weeks now). I am still running the Cut Diet, tonight is actually my carb meal, which I'm looking forward to.

This week I will have to make up a workout and a cardio session I missed this past week due to Christmas and the gym not being open. I was actually suppose to workout with one of my neighbors in his dungen/gaurage on sat but he ended up lifting friday without telling me, so I will be squeezing in that missed workout this week. From tis point out it's gametime!
    The Buckeye is a great show. I competed in it last year and it was awesome. This year is supposed to be even better. I live in C-Bus so I will be there no matter what, either competing or spectating. Good luck in your prep and keep killin it. Ur doing the Novice class being ur first show right? I look forward to seeing a bunch of BB.com guys there. See you in April.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

Originally Posted by tsajdak View Post
    The Buckeye is a great show. I competed in it last year and it was awesome. This year is supposed to be even better. I live in C-Bus so I will be there no matter what, either competing or spectating. Good luck in your prep and keep killin it. Ur doing the Novice class being ur first show right? I look forward to seeing a bunch of BB.com guys there. See you in April.
    Hey, thanks for the support! Yeah I tried to do the show it's first year but I ended up getting a Staph infection then a week after that I got the flu! So it didn't happen, but God willing this year I'll be there. I have met Rich before, and he's a great guy and I said I wanted his show to be my first show, so hopefully this year I can make it happen. Yeah, it's my first show so i will be in the Novice class. I haven't looked at the entry form yet but can you cross over in your first show? I know each competion and organization is a lil different when it comes to that.

tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50) tsajdak will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, thanks for the support! Yeah I tried to do the show it's first year but I ended up getting a Staph infection then a week after that I got the flu! So it didn't happen, but God willing this year I'll be there. I have met Rich before, and he's a great guy and I said I wanted his show to be my first show, so hopefully this year I can make it happen. Yeah, it's my first show so i will be in the Novice class. I haven't looked at the entry form yet but can you cross over in your first show? I know each competion and organization is a lil different when it comes to that.
    No, you can not crossover from novice to open. Only from novice to Masters, which you won't be doing, lol.
    Prep with Justin Draper
    IT ONLY GETS EASIER!
    T-Rex

Originally Posted by tsajdak View Post
    No, you can not crossover from novice to open. Only from novice to Masters, which you won't be doing, lol.
    Lol Thanks for the info, that's what I thought anyways but I wasn't sure.

Sorry for not really updating this week, I have been extremely busy at work this week. I've been putting in a second story deck, then coming home and hitting up the gym. I simply have not been on the internet much bc by the time I get home it's 7 or 7:30 and I'm straight to bed to relax for a lil bit before bed! lol I'm taking the camera with me tonight, I didn't get to take it last week so pics will def be up soon. Here's some workouts from this week.

Shoulders and Tri:

Smith Machine Press: 185 x 7 plus 3 forced
    DB Lateral Raises: 30's x 8 plus 3 forced and a few half reps
    1 Arm Cable Laterals: 35 x 21 (rep blast)
    Reverse Pec Deck: 125 x 9 plus 4 froced
    Pressdowns: 190 x 8 plus 3 forced and 1 negative
    Skull Crushers: 65 x 25 (rep blast)

Back and Traps:

Reverse Grip Pulldowns: 230 x 6 plus 4 forced and 1 negative
    BB Rows: 255 x 8 plus 4 half reps
    Widegrip Cable Rows: 270 x 9 plus 4 forced
    T-Bar: 3 plates x 25 (rep blast)
    Deads: 275 x 9
    BB Shrugs: 365 x 9
    DB Shrugs: 100's x 27 (rep blast)

Chest and Bi's:

BB Decline: 225 x 6 plus 4 forced
    DB Incline: 90's x 6 plus 4 forced
    DB Incline Flys: 70's x 6 plus 2 forced
    Cable Crossovers: 60 x 24 (rep blast)
    Concentration Curls: 45 x 6 plus 4 forced and 1 negative
    BB Curls: 55 x 24 (rep blast)

Tonight is legs, I just got in a 5lb tub of strawberry Scivation whey, can not wait to try it out here in a few minutes.

Current Supplements:
    Scivation Whey (Best on the market, hands down)!
    Xtend
    Multi
    Scivation Essential FA
    Scivation Sesamine
    Primaforce Max CLA
    Primaforce Elastamine
    Primaforce Yohimbine
    Scivation Dialene 4x

Ok so some how I forgot to add Quake to my supplement list. lol But I am def. rocking that pre-workout. My review of strawberry whey is that it's a nice change of pace, you could use a lil more of a richer taste to it like the chocolate but it's still good. I made it into a whey brownie with blueberries and PB last night and I swear it tasted like Captin Crunch Crunch Berrys! lol

I weighed myself this morning and I'm sitting at 183 at around 11% bodtfat with my waist at 31 inches even. So I'm down a pound from last week and a quarter of an inch off my waist.

Here's fridays workout of Legs:

Leg Ext.: 255 x 15 with 5 forced
    Leg Press: 8 plates x 8 with 5 forced
    Squats: 245 x 6 with 6 forced
    Machine Leg Press: 300 x 30 (rep blast)
    SLD: 285 x 6
    Seated leg Curls: 145 x 8 with a few half reps
    Seated Leg Curls: 85 x 24 (rep blast)
    Calf Raises on Leg Press: 495 x 15
    Standing Calf Raises: 200 x 30 (rep blast)
    Attached Images