adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wide hips -- Avoid waist and oblique workout or not?

Okay, pretty confused about this.
    Because I have pretty wide hips, I have the intention of clean bulking a little bit to even my body line... So, the idea is to add some more accent on working the shoulders, and lats, to make my body more proportional right? It also makes sense to me that since I have a fairly thin waist compared to my wider hips, that I should build up some mass there as well; to even it out. I was thinking to achieve this by incorporating some heavy oblique and waist work...

However, i have heard numerous times, that in this case one should actually AVOID doing any waist and oblique workout...

Could someone please clarify this and suggest me what to do...
    Tnx!

Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ninja. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would like to know as well

ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ihop1411 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    if you want a v taper work your back and shoulders and stay away from oblique widening exercises
    if you want to look straight up and down work your obliques

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have very very wide hips in porportion to the rest of my body and this is what i have found:

You do need to work them -- Deadlifts and oblique targeting crunches and squats etc....these exercises will not make them "Bigger" but will sharpen them up and make them looked strong and toned.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) browow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. I try to incorporate high rep, low intensity oblique work into my routine once or twice a week. This will help burn excess fat in the area. Just stay away from heavy weighted exercises as they will add mass to the area.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by browow View Post
    I have the same problem. I try to incorporate high rep, low intensity oblique work into my routine once or twice a week. This will help burn excess fat in the area. Just stay away from heavy weighted exercises as they will add mass to the area.
    no, it won't burn excess fat from that area. Spot targetting is not possible - - it CAN make the muscles larger so it LOOKS like fat disappears from there....in reality you have to diet and run away that fat.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adhesive23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Let me add this;
    Id like to straighten my figure a bit, Im not so much into the V look ...
    So, hit the obliques?

Always hit the obliques...look at my avatar; obliques are the one thing that make me look thick....apart from those, I looks like a skeleton . I look thicker now btw
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) QQ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Always hit the obliques...look at my avatar; obliques are the one thing that make me look thick....apart from those, I looks like a skeleton . I look thicker now btw

i dont see your obliques bro.