Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

MET-Rx Supreme Whey™ (UK) Review

MET-Rx Supreme Whey™ (UK) Review

I was in a bit of a bind this weekend; away from home without a decent source of protein. Popped into a health food shop and found a tub of MET-Rx at a decent enough price. I picked up some Strawberry just because I’ve never tried it before. I have, however, tried the Chocolate and Vanilla so I’ll use this as an opportunity to report on all three flavours.

TASTE:

Strawberry- to be honest I was very disappointed with the strawberry. I have tried a couple of different combinations in both milk and water and I can’t get past the horrible and distinct artificial edge of the sweetener. This particular flavour is way too over-sweetened for my tastes.

Chocolate- tastes great! Again, I have tried this at various ratios of powder: liquid with both milk and water and the chocolate definitely holds its own compared to similar products. Great taste, well sweetened.

Vanilla- vanilla flavoured whey is notoriously hard to get right but I think MET-Rx did a pretty good job with this one. Nice, light flavour- just like vanilla is supposed to be. You don’t feel like the vanilla flavour is there to mask the flavour of the protein. Again, nicely sweetened.

All three flavours mix to create a thick shake.

MIXABILTY:

With a shaker bottle Supreme Whey mixes with a few solid shakes. No problem with lumps or clumping.

With a fork and a glass Supreme Whey requires a little more persuasion to mix, but does so fairly quickly. I’ve found that if you leave the mixture (complete with a few small lumps) to stand for a minute or so the lumps seem to dissolve away nicely to create a nice, thick shake.

OVERALL/ THOUGHTS

Apart from the strawberry, I think MET-Rx Supreme Whey is a solid choice for anyone looking for a good tasting and trusted brand. I was very disappointed that for a mid-high priced brand MET-Rx could not invest a little more effort in the Strawberry, but then again flavour is an entirely personal issue. Both Chocolate and Vanilla are great choices though.

Again, for a higher-priced brand I was not over enthused at seeing chalk filler (calcium carbonate) on the list of ingredients. While I’m sure there are many company’s doing the same thing I would hope that the extra price would result in a higher quality blend.

Overall, this is a solid choice for those with the money to spend on whey protein or for those where a great tasting protein powder is important. That being said I will never buy the Strawberry flavour again but I can easily see myself purchasing the other flavours occasionally.

Strawberry: 4/10
    Chocolate: 8/10
    Vanilla: 7/10

---------------------------------------------
    Nutrition Information

100g contains

Per 28g serving

Energy

1,589KJ and 376 kcal

446KJ and 106 kcal

Protein

72.6g

20.3g

Carbohydrate

6.5g

1.8g

-of which sugars

4.6g

1.3g

Fat

6.6g

1.9g

-of which saturates

4.7g

1.3g

Fibre

0.3g

0.1g

Sodium

0.47g

0.13g

100g contains

%EC RDA

Calcium

482mg

60%

Phosphorus

319mg

40%

Magnesium

48mg

16%

Potassium

605mg

** no RDA established

Ingredients: Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Flavourings, Cellulose Gum, Beet Juice Powder*, Sweetener (Acesulfame K), Stabiliser (Xanthan Gum), Malic Acid, Dicalcium Phosphate, Calcium Carbonate.
    *only applicable to Strawberry flavour, other colourings apply to other flavours

Directions: For adults, blend one level scoop (28g) to 200-250ml of water, juice, milk or yoghurt. For best results, use an electric blender and ince mixed the product should be consumed within 20 mins. You can drink MET-Rx supreme Whey Protein any time during the day to add extra high quality protein to your daily nutritional intake.

Pregnant or lactating women should consult a doctor before using any product.

Caution: If you are under medical supervision, please consult your doctor before use. Discontinue use and consult doctor if adverse reactions occur.

Phenylketonurics: Contains Phenylalanine.

Net Wt. 908g

MET-Rx Homepage
    MET-Rx Supreme Whey™ does not appear on the official website so I can only assume it is designed for a UK customer base only.

Met-Rx Supreme Whey
    Last edited by Blap Blaow; 10-17-2005 at 01:50 PM.
    BLAP BLAP BLAPB APBLAP PLAB BAPB BP@P BLAPL APBLL LBAP

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough"
    - Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the review!
    Matt Weik, BS, CSCS, CPT, CSN
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blap Blaow is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MCWTRAINER
    Thanks for the review!
    no probs. I'm planning to do a few reviews on things I've tried in the past (including MET-Rx Crea-PHOS; something else I believe is only around in the UK, although I may be wrong).

By the way, did MET-Rx launch anything new at the Olympia? I've kinda been away from civilization so lost touch with things a little...

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

MonsterMuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

metrx supreme whey strawberry

hey, just wondering, did you find a severely bitter aftertaste with the strawberry flavoured met rx? i have been using the chocolate one for some time now and agree it is a great flavour, for a change i bought a strawberry one and am very dissapointed! wether with milk or water it has a good strawberry taste followed swiftly by a really bitter medicine flavour. the begining taste is exactly like the strawberry metrx MRP (white box) i used to take but they didnt have the bitterness. is it the same way with all the strawberry flavours or do you recon i may have got a dodgy tub?

cheers, drew

Originally Posted by MonsterMuscle
    hey, just wondering, did you find a severely bitter aftertaste with the strawberry flavoured met rx? i have been using the chocolate one for some time now and agree it is a great flavour, for a change i bought a strawberry one and am very dissapointed! wether with milk or water it has a good strawberry taste followed swiftly by a really bitter medicine flavour. the begining taste is exactly like the strawberry metrx MRP (white box) i used to take but they didnt have the bitterness. is it the same way with all the strawberry flavours or do you recon i may have got a dodgy tub?

cheers, drew
    yeah mate, it's not the greatest stuff. I'll never pick it up again (maybe chocolate, but never strawberry). I was kinda describing the aftertaste here;

Originally Posted by Blap Blaow
    TASTE:

Strawberry- to be honest I was very disappointed with the strawberry. I have tried a couple of different combinations in both milk and water and I can’t get past the horrible and distinct artificial edge of the sweetener. This particular flavour is way too over-sweetened for my tastes.

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000) MCWTRAINER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah mate, it's not the greatest stuff. I'll never pick it up again (maybe chocolate, but never strawberry). I was kinda describing the aftertaste here;
    The Supreme Whey is JUST sold overseas and not in the US anymore. They have Protein Plus and the white box MRP's here in the states...
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like MetRx products (MRP's, Amped ECN), but definately didn't like the whey product. I tried it a few years back when I got sick of Optimum and was looking for a new staple.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Originally Posted by deserusan
    I like MetRx products (MRP's, Amped ECN), but definately didn't like the whey product. I tried it a few years back when I got sick of Optimum and was looking for a new staple.
    Stay tuned for some new stuff... Just waiting for the OK to let the cat out of the bag.
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Stay tuned for some new stuff... Just waiting for the OK to let the cat out of the bag.
    I look forward to it.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

cool

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

I think everyone will like them... I can't wait to get my hands on some of them.
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

I think everyone will like them... I can't wait to get my hands on some of them.
    approximate ETA? New releases are always exciting!

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

approximate ETA? New releases are always exciting!
    Well I will say this, everything is ready to ship out to stores. So I am guessing any day now...
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

Originally Posted by ashla
    I am a Met-rx fan also
    Aww. Thanks!

*blushing*
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

wtf is this? It took me 6 months to get a reply to this review!

haha- seriously though, look forward to hearing about the new product. You guys kept that quiet!

- Albert Einstein

www.abuildingsite.com

haha- seriously though, look forward to hearing about the new product. You guys kept that quiet!
    I didn't even realize the date. LOL! Better late then never.

Heretic....

They said if I leaked out information my balls would be stored in a jar on the CEO's desk.
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

HEHE--awe.....

As far as strawberry--just mix a few frozen strawberries with the vanilla--awesome. I know its not as convenient on the go but it adds variety
    Whole strawberries in a shaker bottle... When you shake it up it is like having rocks in your shaker, lol.
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

I think strawberry flavor is the hardest flavor to make taste good by anyone..
    I would have to agree.
    "The King of Content"
    www.MattWeik.com

x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) x-plicit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the review! Very helpful. I've found some Met-RX Whey Protein on offer. It's 2 x 0.9 kg for 19.99GBP. Check www.discount-supplements.co.uk!

karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) karoloydi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have an awesome recipe for thos protein!
    Add a small amount of Baileys Liquer to it!
    Its like heaven!

nunrgguy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well for me MetRX Supreme Whey is money straight down the toilet, even 1/2 scoop within about 45 minutes gives me such a violent stomach reaction it's like chucking a bucket of water down the bog. Not sure if it's the magnesium, which is a laxative, or something else in it. I've tried it with lactase and it has the same reaction so no idea what it is.