JC73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Overweight & want to start training for a show

Hey ladies.
    Last week I decided that I want to start training for a show. March 11 '06. I started working out in Feb. and to date have lost 44 lbs. I'm down to 23 % bf. Any advice you can give would be great!
    Right now my goal is to drop another 20 lbs by the end of the year - lean down, lean down, lean down! & then start focusing solely on putting on mass at the beginning of '06. I have a personal trainer and starting this week we're increasing to 3 days a week and I do cardio the other 3 days. I eat 6 times a day and plan on continuing on the diet my pt gave me in Feb to lean down. Anything in particular I should know or should focus on?

Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50) Helene will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    YOu seem to be on the right track. Congradulations on the weight loss.
    Just continue doing what you are doing and you will reach your goal.
    Eat right and enough calories (6 meals a day)
    Lift heavy
    Do cardio but not too much

Good luck!
    WORKOUT
    M: Full body workout
    T: Off
    W: Full body workout
    T: Off
    F: Off
    S: Full body workout
    S: OFF

Walk dog 1 hour a day.

DIET
    Protein and good fats, low carb

Goal: Loose fat and gain muscle!

Just do it!
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated!
    You are what you eat!

Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Scoprius has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep up the good work!! Nothing will motivate you more than preparing to step on stage! Be sure and attend as many shows as you can between now and March, both evening and prejudging. Then practice, practice, practice. What type of comp are you doing, figure? bodybuilding?

Stay motivated and keep your eye on the prize!

JC73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm going for figure & am going to another show this Saturday with my pt to see what specifics the judges will be looking for.

Thanks for the encouragement & advice. I know I'm definitely going to need the push.
    If you know of anyone who has done figure competeting and can "tutor" me (so to speak), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JC73
    I'm going for figure & am going to another show this Saturday with my pt to see what specifics the judges will be looking for.

Thanks for the encouragement & advice. I know I'm definitely going to need the push.
    If you know of anyone who has done figure competeting and can "tutor" me (so to speak), I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.
    I've never done figure only bodybuilding but competing is very motivating. This is why I've been able to stay so focused on my training and diet. Many people have asked me why I compete and it's mostly because I am a goal oriented person and this really helps me to stay disciplined. Go and see as many comps as you can. You will learn something and will motivate you even more IMO.

Right now I would advise you to start cleaning up your diet if you haven't already. Obviously, you're doing something right since you've been able to loose weight...good job Since you have a lot of time left, I would focus on building muscle as much as you can. You can't really put on a lot of muscle while trying to contest diet later on. You can put on some if you're diet is right but it won't be much. That's why I think you should focus on putting the muscle on now not later. You will loose the fat once your precontest diet starts. I would start 16 weeks out with the diet. Increase your reps to 10 to 12 per set and make sure you're doing cardio 5 days a week for now and you may want to increase it the closer you get to your contest. Really watch your progress and adjust accordingly. Good luck to you!