Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10) LaxPro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Gene Ryclak's Failed 1015lb Benchpress

It aired on the actual olympia show so i'm sure you guys have had to have seen it? I couldn't believe it, half an hour before he guarenteed he'd break his record and when it comes time to do the lift, he grabs the bar and it basically comes crashing down on his spleen. It more or less looked like a 135lb kid trying to bench 3 plates on each side, heh. It was infront of the whole Olympia audience too, that has to be embarressing.

When Triple H's announcer partner asked Triple H if he was going to go for another attempt, Triple H said something along the lines of, "No, Gene isn't exactley in bench press mode anymore. He just had 1015lbs dropped on his spleen" Ha, man that sucks though.

The Gym = My Sanctuary ArnoldDynasty's Avatar
    ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    well that sucks but that's what ya get for being stupid and attempting a bench like that.
    Am I the only one that accidentely passes gas in the gym when I'm pushing really hard and like 3 people hear it?

nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ArnoldDynasty
    well that sucks but that's what ya get for being stupid and attempting a bench like that.
    So what do you get for being an A$$?
    400x10 squats
    400 lb deads

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    jackass quotes like this are the reason this thread shouldnt be in this section

ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ArnoldDynasty has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hey man I got nothing against it. I like bb'ing cause the bodies are in proportion but you see the guys who do big weight benching and they don't look right. Sorry if I offended you guys I truly do hope that guy will be alright.
    Am I the only one that accidentely passes gas in the gym when I'm pushing really hard and like 3 people hear it?

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hey man I got nothing against it. I like bb'ing cause the bodies are in proportion but you see the guys who do big weight benching and they don't look right. Sorry if I offended you guys I truly do hope that guy will be alright.
    i just dont get how it was stupid for attemting...hes the world record holder at 1005, so thiswas 10lbs more?

I just don't get if he's got the world record why would he attempt more? Strange to me but if your motivated about what you wanna do like he obviously is then good for him.

MrLongstreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrLongstreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrLongstreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrLongstreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrLongstreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrLongstreet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nothim
    So what do you get for being an A$$?
    shut up retard

sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sicosico is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigpoppaproppy
    i just dont get how it was stupid for attemting...hes the world record holder at 1005, so thiswas 10lbs more?
    its ok, you realise you are talking with 160 lbs teen who benches 130 lbs. Anyway this is far different from bodybuillding.
    I am king.

MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MCJJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just don't get if he's got the world record why would he attempt more? Strange to me but if your motivated about what you wanna do like he obviously is then good for him.
    You attempt more so it will be harder to break next time
    and besides, who just wants to give up after they succeed ???????

BTW: BigPoppa how did the whole directv thing work out for you?
    I Don't Get It

xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000) xplicid01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    so thiswas 10lbs more?

and thats a whole hell of a lot more.

BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000) BlueBayou is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LOL! Its like the Three Stooges in here some times. Thats why I love it!

Hope he's OK. That's gotta be a testosterone level killer, even if he aint hurt.

hacksquat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    they guy had no chance , plus it was the spotter on his right who screwed up, man i watch that bar sink into his right belly

Originally Posted by xplicid01
    and thats a whole hell of a lot more.
    something tells me he had been training in the months since the 1005 and felt ready to attempt it...looks like he lost the groove in the bench shirt...loose the groove and the weight comes down hard

Originally Posted by MCJJ
    BTW: BigPoppa how did the whole directv thing work out for you?
    went to gf's and ordered it on digital cable

*shakes head* the same reason athletes who are the best continue to compete maybe? they dont get to be the best and then retire bc tey broke the record once, or won 1 title....wow

K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) K_muscle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This is ridiculous...the lack of respect for this power athlete. I bet you wouldnt respond the same way if Lance Armstrong got hurt during the tour...or any other well known athlete for doing whatever he or she does. But because its a powerlifter you ridicule him...some people have no class...
    A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.

kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) kingfish3 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    pretty funny he cant even bench 800 in a regular t shirt during regular training.

nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nothim_old has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrLongstreet
    shut up retard
    wow....and you graduated from harvard...right?
    400x10 squats
    400 lb deads

Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gotta give him repect for going for the 1015 after the 1005.
    Does anyone know how greatly he was hurt? Hopefully it's just a temporary pain thing, no permanent internal damage.

The only reason I say this is cause it's dangerous. 1000 pounds on chest is dangerous.

The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50) The_Hobbit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I want pics.

khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50) khocha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    totally agreed!
    he is **** without his shirt..I doubt he could even bench 600 raw
    Theres a reason he's the clown of powelifting.

Originally Posted by Andy K
    Gotta give him repect for going for the 1015 after the 1005.
    Does anyone know how greatly he was hurt? Hopefully it's just a temporary pain thing, no permanent internal damage.
    the 1005 was along time ago, not tonight....

Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50) Andy K will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    the 1005 was along time ago, not tonight....
    I know. What I meant is he didn't try to go from 1005 to 1010 or something. He's pushing as much an anyone with his ability possibly could.

Originally Posted by Andy K
    I know. What I meant is he didn't try to go from 1005 to 1010 or something. He's pushing as much an anyone with his ability possibly could.
    because he probably felt he could do it...he might have got it in training? thats the double-edged sword of a shirted bench, if you loose the groove like he did, its gonna come down hard and you have no chance at the lift

the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500) the terminator is not very helpful. (-500)
    At least he tried.lol

ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ebone45 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started anohter post about this. I was there. He did'nt move off that bench for about 15 minutes. They had to take him out on a stretcher.
    spreading fitness health and aloha on the 9th Island :) follow me on instagram ebone45!!

Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by kingfish3
    pretty funny he cant even bench 800 in a regular t shirt during regular training.

I thought he was able to do like 990 raw? A former powerlifter who I train with sometimes told me that it only makes like a 10lb difference if you wear a bench shirt.

Originally Posted by Duff62269
    I thought he was able to do like 990 raw? A former powerlifter who I train with sometimes told me that it only makes like a 10lb difference if you wear a bench shirt.
    LMAO

raw record is 715 by Scot Mendleson

Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100) Duff62269 is not very well liked. (-100)
    LMAO

raw record is 715 by Scot Mendleson

I really don't know much about powerlifting, just bodybuilding. So why does a bench shirt make so much of a difference? And if Mendelson holds the record raw then why doesn't he hold the record shirted?

Originally Posted by Duff62269
    I really don't know much about powerlifting, just bodybuilding. So why does a bench shirt make so much of a difference? And if Mendelson holds the record raw then why doesn't he hold the record shirted?
    mendleson has struggled in the past year in the shirt allowing gene to take it....mendy has had a few shirts blowout during meets, etc, but hes easily the strongest raw bencher

bench shirt, a quality one, can add alot more because it assists you off the chest....its purpose is basicaly to prevent injury from the chest, gives you a spring per se off the chest...however, that soon stops and its all you, it does not help lockout or middle at all...thats still the guy holding all that weight and locking it out, doing most of the work except part of off the chest(assisted by shirt)