Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)

BigNorg's journey from 175 to 210!

I've finally decided it time to buckle down. After a few weeks of rest (back injury) I've decided it times to "restart" my bulk. I'm working with DL, if any of you know who he is, and Im trying to have my first competition this summer. Hopefully all goes well.

Stats:

Weight: 175 lbs
    Height: 5"7'
    BF%: Somewhere around 13% maybe? Not too sure.
    Waist: 30in
    Arms: 16in were 16 1/2
    Legs: 23in (yea I know... :/ )
    Calves: 15 1/2in
    Forearms: 14in
    Chest: Unknown
    Kneck: Nearly 15in

Training Background:

I started 5 years ago, I was a chubby kid and realized my life style needed a change. Alright maybe I was a little bit more than chubby :P I spent many hours a week in the highschool gym (I snuck in, I was in 8th grade at the time) while my friends were out having fun. In the past two years I've gotten extremly serious, my diets changed, strict work out plan, multivitamins, the whole deal. I'm hopeing I'll be able to compete in the next 10 months, we'll see.

The Work Out!:

MON - CHEST, SHOULDERS, TRICEPS

BB Incline press – 3-4 warm-up sets, 1 work set where you struggle to get 5-6 reps = if u get over 6 reps go up by 5 lbs next workout. If you can get 6 reps at new weight, go up by 5 lbs. Don’t go up unless you got 6 reps the last workout.
    DB Flat fly – 2-3 warm-ups, then 1 work set of 6-8 reps. Try to get maximum stretch and do it slow. If you get over 8 reps go up by 2.5 to 5lbs next workout. If you can’t get 8 reps, that’s good – go up in reps each workout until you can get over 8 reps at the new weight. Alternate this exercise each week with Incline DB fly’s so you hit upper chest from two positions.
    DB Cross bench pullovers – lie on bench with shoulders resting just off bench, and feet spread wide for balance, dip your butt so it’s towards ground. Have a friend hand you a DB and with arms outstretched, holding arms straight and DB with both hands, raise DB until its over chest, then lower DB to ground but don’t touch ground. Get full stretch of upper pecs and upper lats (This will tie them together). Slowly raise DB until directly over chest, and then slowly lower DB to almost touch ground. Same as before 1-2 warm-ups, and one working set of 6-8 reps. Only go up in weight when you get over 8 reps.
    Cable crossovers – 1-2 sets for pec stretching. Stand with one upper cable in each hand and pull across chest and down and hold with hands crossed for 3 sec, then hands back up to stretch pecs, and then repeat. Do 6-8 reps.
    You may substitute pec-dec machine for cable crossovers, if your gym has a pec-dec machine.

DELTS

Military press - 2 warm-ups, 1 work set like with incline bench getting your last set in the 6-8 range.
    Lateral fly – 10-12 working sets in 10-12 range. Perform as a drop set (machine laterals are good for drop sets) starting as high as you can and still get 8-10 reps. Next week go up 5-10 lbs on first set but don’t go up the next week unless you can get 10 reps on first set. Once in a while you can go up the ladder in weights using DB’s.
    Rear delt machine – 1 warm-up, 1 work set – Do this one week but next week do this exercise.
    Seated row rear delt exercise – Sit in seated row machine, and using a rope through the hook, pull each end of rope until your elbows are up and out to sides and your hands are by your cheeks on your face. You will feel this in your rear delts and the next day. Do 2warmup, one working set.
    Wide grip BB upright rows – Grab the bb as far out as you can and slowly raise up along your body until the bb is over your chest and at lower neck level. Then slowly lower weight until arms are fully stretched. Slowly raise bb up your body until at neck level, then slowly lower and repeat. One set should destroy your rear delts if you did one of the other two exercises first.

TRIS

Close grip Bench – 1-2 warmups, 1 working set in 6-8 range.
    Overhead DB extensions – 1 warm-up, 1 working set in 6-8 range. Only go up in weight when you can get over 8 reps.
    Tricep pushdowns - 1 warm-up, 1 work set

WED - QUADS, HAMS, CALVES

Squats –3-4 warm-ups starting with 15-20 reps and work down in reps until you can get 1 work set of 5-6 reps. Higher reps, not higher weights, develop bigger quads. Every 4th leg workout try to get 20 reps of a weight you can do 10 reps of.
    Leg press – 2-3 working sets of 15-20 reps. Stop at a weight you can’t get 15 reps of and get it the next workout, then go up in weight. On leg press if you keep your toes just over the edge of the platform, the leg press will work your hams as well as quads.
    Hack squats – one warm-up, one working set of 8-12 reps. Alternate every other week with Smith front squats, one warm-up, one working set of 8-12 reps.
    Leg extension - warmup, one work set
    Leg curl - warm-up, work set
    Stiff leg deadlift - work set
    Standing calf raise - work set

FRI - ABS, BACK, BIS

Lat pull down – 2-3 warm-ups, one work set in 6-8 range. Alternate wide grip pulldown bar and V-grip handle every other week to get your upper lats.
    Deadlift – 3 warm-ups, one work set using higher reps on first sets and lower on last.
    BB Bent-over rows – (Use the curl grip with palms face up and elbows close into sides) 2 warm-ups of 8-10 reps, then one work set of 6-8 reps.
    BB shrugs in power rack or using smith machine – 135x12 reps standing behind bar, then rest, then 135x12 reps standing in front of bar. Then rest, then 225 x 10-12 reps standing behind bar, then standing in front. Then 315 x 8-10 reps standing in front, then behind bar. Try to get up to 405, then 495. Go up in plates on this exercise each week or each month.

Standing BB curls – 3 warm-up of 8-12 reps, one work set of 6-8 reps.
    Hammer curls standing – one warm-up, one work set
    Preacher curl – one work set (Machine preachers are good for this.)

The Diet!:

Two shakes a day as follows:

3 scoops protein
    2 tablespoons peanut butter
    2 tablespoons olive oil or flax seed oil
    3 glasses of skim milk

One shake at night

3 scoops protein
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    2 Cups milk

Two meals of
    One can tuna fish with brown rice

Two meals of
    One chicken breast with brown rice

*Note* Some days I might cut out the brown rice out of my meals and replace oats in my shake. Mainly because I might be too lazy to spend 45 minutes to cook up the rice.

Supplements:

ON DoubleChocolate Whey
    Higher Power Mono(may switch over to Clout)
    Animal Pak Multi
    May add glutamine (<-give me feed back on this one)
    Olive Oil
    Fish Oil

Pictures:(poor quality)
    Last picture is my ongoing transformation.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by BigNorwegian; 10-15-2005 at 08:43 AM.
    MET-Rx/Pure Protein Board Rep
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

The most motivational log - http://tinyurl.com/BigNorg

Changing my body comp. MastrOfPuppets's Avatar
    MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lookin forward to this.

MoP
    Always gettin bigger. :)

Recovering from a 2 month time off... this sucks.

Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Frink_ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why do you do warmup sets on every exercize?
    Keep it simple. Allways Think positive. It workes really well. You'd be surprised how easy it is when you don't over analyze.

BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000) BigNorwegian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Frink'
    Why do you do warmup sets on every exercize?
    A good question. After some months of researching I've come up with an idea that with many warm up sets it will optimize the firing of neuropath ways, and thus your "work" sets should reach its most beneficial peak. It's only a theory though, with some good backing none-the-less, thought I might try the idea out.
    Disclaimer: The thoughts and opinions of this rep are of his own and does not reflect MET-Rx/Pure Protein as a company. This user is a Bodybuilding.com board representative and is not an employee of MET-Rx/Pure Protein.

Day 1

Chest Tris Delts:

DB Incline Press:

14/40
    6/55
    6/55
    5/60
    5/70 *Note: Felt weak here, I am usually able to do 85 's strongly, but failed and resulted in doing 70's*

DB Flat Flys:

10/25
    8/30
    8/30
    6/45

DB Cross Bench Pullovers:

35/8
    40/8
    55/6

Cable Crossovers:
    12/40
    10/65

Military Press:

8/bar
    8/65
    8/95 *Note: Felt strong on this last set*

Fly Machine:(burnout/high intensity)

10/100
    10/112
    10/125
    10/125
    9/150
    9/150
    9/150
    9/175
    8/175
    8/200 *Note: Felt strong until the end*

Shoulder Press Machine:

16/30
    8/100

Seated Row Rear Delt Machine:

8/60
    8/70
    8/120
    8/160

Dips:

Pull downs:

10/75
    10/80
    8/110
    6/130

Close Grip Smith Press:

10/25's
    8/25's
    8/25's
    6/45's

Conclusion:

Felt rather weak today. I know thats normal after a period of rest but never-the-less it has depressed me a tad. Hopeing to get my numbers to where they were within the next two weeks. My old spotter decided to change gyms so I had a new spot. He is less experienced and set me back a little. I have come to the conclusion that I think I like working out by myself the most. Ive had 250 grams of protien so far and I still have room/time for at least another shake. Diet seems solid, but then again thats never really been that big of a problem. Tomorrow I'll be cooking my lunch meals for the week.

Signing off for today guys, hope you enjoy this log.
    -BigNorg-

Changing my body comp. MastrOfPuppets's Avatar
    MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MastrOfPuppets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't worry about the weights bein down, just hit 'em harder next time.

MoP
    Always gettin bigger. :)

Recovering from a 2 month time off... this sucks.

Day 2

Back Bis Abs:

Lat Pull Down:

8/100
    8/120
    8/130
    8/200 *Note: Felt exceptional strong here, felt as if I hadn't lost that much strength in my lats.*

Deadlifts:

10/135
    10/135
    10/135
    8/245 *Note: I hurt my back three months ago doing deads, took it a little easy but was surprised they weren't that bad.*

BB Bent Over Rows(Smith Machine):

10/50
    8/100
    8/140 *Note: Felt strong*

BB Shrugs(Smith Machine):

8/140
    12/140
    10/210
    8/230

BB Curls(Machine):

10/60
    10/70
    8/80
    6/100
    Burnout/30
    6/20 (Right Arm)
    6/20 (Left Arm)

DB Hammer Curls:

20/15
    8/45 *Note: Felt strong.*

Ab Machine:

20/15
    20/20 (legs up)
    12/75

Leg Raises:

Pullups:

Conclusion:

Felt strong today. Some numbers surprised me. I took it a little light on my back since I just came off of a back injury. Motivation was at around 95% and intensity at around 95% as well. One more week and they'll both be at 100% for sure. Diets looking great. Chest felt sore for past two days but I love that feeling. Protien intake is still at around 350 grams, maybe even 400 grams on some days. Scale is steadily increasing.

-BigNorg

Day 3 (Week One Complete)

Quads Hams Calfs Forearms:

Squats:

20/95
    18/95
    15/95
    6/225 *Note: My first three sets are warm ups where I go as far as I physically can, nearly 1 inch away from the floor. Never the less my squat felt weak.*

Leg Press:

20/90
    18/180
    15/360 *Note: Felt strong.*

Hack Squats(Smith Machine):

20/70
    12/240 *Note: Felt strong, however there is a safty thing on the smith machine at my gym which makes it so I can't go as far down as I would like*

Leg Extensions:

20/80
    8/150

Leg Curl:

20/35
    12/110 *Note: Felt strong.*

Stiff Leg Deadlift:

12/110

Standing Calf Raise:

20/315 *Note: Felt strong.*

Machine Wrist Curls:

50/50
    70/Failure
    70/Failure

DB Wrist Curls:

12/Failure (Each arm)
    25/20 (Each arm) *Note: This is the first time I have ever worked my forearms out. I naturally have big forearms which almost everyone in my school points out. Just thought, "eh... what the hell, lets try and get them 15 - 16 inch during this bulk."*

Conclusion:

Shocked the legs today, was bittersweet. Felt good in the sense to finally start working them out again, but then again it was dissapointing to see my numbers not as high as usual. Instead of taking my Higher Power Mono today I took GroMax HG, a free supplement I recieved in the mail. The taste was alright, a tad bitter, was bareable but I deffinately have had better. Taste = 6.5/10. The mix was absolutely herendous, huge clumps at the bottom, no matter how much I mixed it wouldn't dissolve. Mixability = 3/10, that may even be generous. As for effects I felt a little bit of energy, nothing spectacular at all. Anywho, this is the point where I would like to enter my rant. During lunch today I went with three other friends to the pizzeria down the block from my school. Well I ate my grilled chicken a little bit earlier and felt the urge for some more protien. Nowwwwwww, on the damn "Lunch Special" menu there is "Grilled Chicken on a roll, fries, and drink for $5.00", alright I thought... sick deal. So I go to the cashier, can I just get a chicken cutlet(grilled) with a bottle of poland spring, "Sure, it comes out to $6.43" Me:"..........uhhhh huhhhhhhhhh" I then argued with them, pointing out that their lunch special which came with a fountain drink, a roll and fries was $1.43 cheaper than what I was asking for. Then wouldn't give in, they said something about the fountain drink being cheaper than the poland spring.... I finally got them to give me the grilled chicken and bottled water for $5.00 but I doubt I'll be going back there any time soon. On a lightttterrrr note, I'd like to point something out that I see at the gym that I love, which I did infact experience today. As I was walking down the stairs to go to the locker room(the weight room is upstairs) I passed a guy who must be at least 80, and he's going up the stairs 3 seconds per step while hanging onto the railing for dear life. I see this guy at the gym almost everyday. Guy has a lot of heart, struggles just to get to the gym but doesn't give up. He gets into the weight room everyday and puts up some respectable numbers, even for someone who's 40 years younger than him. He's one of the few guys at my gym who I admirer.

-BigNorg-

Day 4

Chest Tris Delts:

BB Incline Press:

16/bar
    8/95
    8/95
    8/135
    6/185

DB Flat Flys:

8/30
    8/35
    8/35
    8/50 *Note: Big improvement from last week.*

8/50
    8/50
    8/60

Cable Crossovers:

10/60
    8/75 *Note: Big improvement from last week.*

Military Press:

8/55
    8/75
    8/105 *Note: Felt strong on this last set, another big improvement from last week.*

Lateral Fly:(drop sets)

8/7.5
    8/7.5
    8/7.5
    8/10
    8/10
    8/10
    8/15
    8/15
    8/15
    6/25 *Note: Felt good until the end.*

Rear Delt Machine:

16/30
    8/70

Close Grip Bench Press:

16/bar
    12/95
    6/145
    12/bar (Reverse grip)

Overhead Extension Machine:

16/50
    10/100

Pull downs:(stright bar)

12/50
    8/80

Conclusion:

Felt strong today, almost all my numbers went up. One of the personal trainers at my gym bumped into me jokeing around and complimented me on how "hard" I was becomming. Diets comming along well, I'm planning on buying some ZMAs and melotonin, lately my sleep hasn't been all up to par.

-BigNorg-

Oct. 22nd 2005

Off Day

Thought I might start including my diet in this log.

Breakfeast:(Meal One)

* 6 Whole eggs
    * 3 Strips of bacon
    * Glass of apple juice with HP Creatine

Meal Two:

3 Scoops Whey
    2 Tbls Peanut Butter
    2 Cups Skim Milk

Lunch:(Meal Three, Cheat Meal)

2 Double Cheeseburgers
    Rasberry Icetea

Meal Four:

3 Scoops Whey
    2 Tbls Peanut Butter
    2 Cups Skim Milk

Dinner:(Meal five)

1/2 lb lean pork meat
    Small veggie salad
    1 Cup brown rice

Meal Six:

3 Scoops Whey
    2 Tbls Peanut Butter
    2 Cups Skim Milk

Conclusion:

Diet was alright today, I went out with my gf for the day so at times it was difficult to stick to what I would like to, however I was able to compromise fairly well. Anyways, tomorrow will be the tough day seeing as I have to go to a family birthday party... a lot of food but not a lot of 'clean' foods. What should I do guys?! Should I give into the temptation and just eat, or not eat? I mean I am bulking so I guess it might be wise to eat, I'll try and see if they have any skinless chicken or perhaps fish or lean meats.

I'll be back tomorrow guys,
    -BigNorg-
    Last edited by BigNorwegian; 10-23-2005 at 06:44 AM.

IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking good there mate, real good. You seem to have everything on the go, so kudos on that.

As for your party, why not have a clean meal before you go, and just "nibble" while you're there? Just have maybe one or two things to eat if you really need to but in the knowledge you don't have to worry too much about it since you've already eaten. Just a thought, it's normally what I do.

*subscribes*
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    *subscribes*

good workouts bro

Sorry I haven't updated lately. Been hectic. I have to find my paper with my log, I dont know where I left it, its in one of my bags somewhere. :X Anywho, quick little update. Ive done back and bis and legs in the past week. Both days were amazing. Doing my chest, tris and possibley forearms today, going with a friend to check out another gym. My diet is looking stronger than ever. I'll be posting tonight on the updates!

-BigNorg-

Building a better ME! :) dads01dream's Avatar
    dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man! Talk about a transformation!!!! Great job, keep the updates coming.

Day 5

Back Bis Abs:

Lat Pull Down:

8/120
    8/130
    8/150
    8/200 *Note: Felt exceptional strong here, felt as if I hadn't lost that much strength in my lats.*

Deadlifts:

10/135
    10/135
    10/185
    8/245 *Note: I hurt my back three months ago doing deads, took it a little easy but was surprised they weren't that bad.*

10/90
    8/110
    8/140 *Note: Felt strong*

8/90
    12/180
    10/270
    8/360

BB Curls(Machine):

10/60
    10/70
    8/80
    6/100
    Burnout/30
    6/20 (Right Arm)
    6/20 (Left Arm)

DB Hammer Curls:

12/25
    8/50 *Note: Felt strong.*

Pullups:

Conclusion:

I didn't do abs today because my GF made me go tanning... actually I wanted to :-P(I hate being white lol) And my back and butt were a little sun burnt and I didnt want to do crunches. Other than that my numbers are increasing, I can feel a difference, getting much stronger. Diet is solid

-BigNorg

Day 6

Squats:

20/95
    15/95
    10/135
    6/270 *Note: My first three sets are warm ups where I go as far as I physically can, nearly 1 inch away from the floor. Never the less my squat felt weak.*

Leg Press:

20/90
    18/180
    15/360 *Note: Felt strong.*

18/90
    15/180
    15/270
    8/315 *Note: Felt strong, however there is a safty thing on the smith machine at my gym which makes it so I can't go as far down as I would like*

Leg Extensions:

20/45
    18/90
    16/135
    10/180 *Note: Was very strong here*

Leg Curl:

20/35
    20/50
    50/75
    20/110 *Note: Felt strong.*

Stiff Leg Deadlift:

12/110

Seated Calf Raise:

20/45
    15/90
    15/90 *Note: Felt strong.*

Conclusion:

Feeling awsome. Legs are starting to finally come long. Hack squats were incredible today. I think they may be my new favorite leg excersise. Had a great pump today. Finally getting strong again.

-BigNorg-

Day 7

Chest Tris Delts:

BB Incline Press:

12/bar
    10/95
    10/95
    8/135
    6/205 *Note: Awsome increase though I had some trouble.*

DB Flat Flys:

8/30
    8/40
    6/50
    7/55 *Note: Nice improvement from last week.*

12/30
    10/50
    8/60
    10/65 *Note: Awsome pump on the last set, was extremly focused and strong.*

Cable Crossovers:

10/75
    8/85 *Note: Nice improvement from last week.*

Military Press:

10/bar
    8/95
    6/135 *Note: Felt week on the last set however the numbers show a great improvement.*

10/7.5
    10/7.5
    10/7.5
    10/10
    10/10
    10/10
    8/15
    8/15
    8/15
    8/25 *Note: Felt good until the end. Was focused all the way through.*

Rear Delt Machine:

12/50
    8/80 *Note: Nice improvement. Last set was a little difficult but the first 6 reps were strong none the less.*

Seated Rear Delt:

12/70
    10/100
    8/170

Wide Grip BB Upright Rows:

12/45
    8/95
    8/95 *Note: For some reason I didn't feel so strong here today.*

Close Grip Bench Press:

16/bar
    8/95
    8/95 (Reverse Grip)
    8/145

Overhead Extension:(Standing)

16/50
    10/100

12/20
    10/40
    10/50
    6/60

Tri Pulldowns:

12/75
    10/95
    8/110
    6/130

Conclusion:

Been feeling fairly strong. Today went well. Decided to try out Shocker Nutrition's Thermo Lean today just to see about the hype. Seems like a great product, I can' rememeber when I sweet so much before. I don't know if it's worth the $90.00 bucks, but of course I shouldn't judge when I only had a one day sample. Other than that there was a woman in her late 30s at the gym today who kept stareing at me, followed me almost everytime I changed my excersies. Granted she was good looking but I hate when my focus isn't directly on my lifting. My diet is amazing. I've changed it up a little bit. In the morning I have my usually shake, 3 scoops whey, pb, EFA, and skim milk. Then for breakfeast(at school in cafeteria, I get to school early) I have 3 boiled eggs, and a home made protien bar(rolled oats, whey, pb, milk). Between lunch and breakfeast I have another homemade protien bar. Lunch I have tunafish, water, rice. Between lunch and the time I get home I have another homemade protien bar. When I get home I generally have a protien shake and my creatine and hit the gym. After the gym its another shake. Dinner its usually grilled chicken and brown rice, sometimes a potatoe. And before bed I sometimes have another shake. Some people may say I need more "real" food in my diet, and truthfully that may be true but being a highschool senior with a lot of college work I have to do, times have become hectic. Admittingly it is much more easier to make a shake and have that instead. However I take EFAs and a multi and I feel great throughout the day so until I feel as though I am not healthy I will not be changing my diet. PLEASEEEE feel free to critique my routine and exspecially my diet, critisim is greatly appreciated.

-BigNorg-

A quick little update before I forget. I saw my wrestlign coach today at home comming. He asked me to wrestle. He said they have us ranked 2nd in the counties and he believes we could have a shot at winning all of the counties and then get ranked in state. He stressed "please" twice. Hes a great guy and a greatttttt coach. The man has some serious heart and is dedicated like no one else. He works Flatbush Aveneue in Brooklyn as a Cop during NIGHTS, for those of you not from NY... its nottt a great neighborhood. Then after work he sleeps for like 5 hours and comes in the coach us. I mean on one side I want to do it, the brotherhood in the sport is incredible and there is no feeling like it. On the other hand it will disrupt my bulk and it is incredibley tiresome. The man puts us through 3 - 4 hours of practice a day, 6 - 7 days a week. I could use some input here, what do you guys think I should do? :-/ Another thing is I also want to concentrate on my snowboarding. I may have a possibility for sponsorship and with wrestling that goes out the window.

IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000) IceDragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey there BigNorwegian.

Your workouts are looking real good, so keep it up mate.

As for what your coach said, if you really don't want to do it, don't. I know he's a nice guy and all, but you've already said your life is hectic...can you imagine another 3-4 hours 6-7 days a week when you're busy and have hardly any time now?

I'd keep with the bulking and go with the snowboarding myself, if that is indeed what you want to do, and it sounds like it. Obviously the choice is down to you, but just thought I'd mention this - you'd probably have said "yes" straight-off if that's what you really wanted.

Good luck, whatever you choose.
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Day 8

Back Bis:

Lat Pull Down:

8/130
    8/150
    8/170
    8/200

Deadlifts:

10/135
    10/135
    10/185
    6/265 *Note: Some 60 year old owmen walks into me on my fourth rep, honestly I'm lifting over 250 lbs I would appreciate it if you didn't freaking bump into me. She didn't even say sorry or anything.*

10/90
    8/110
    8/150 *Note: Felt strong*

12/90
    10/180
    10/270
    6/370

BB Curls(Machine):

10/60
    10/70
    8/80
    6/100

DB Hammer Curls:

12/25
    6/50
    6/30 *Note: Felt strong.*

Conclusion:

I'm feelign solid, my lower and upper back are getting a lot thicker. I've decided to do my abs on their own day twice a week for 15 - 20 minutes before cardio. Diets looking good.

-BigNorg

Day 9

Squats: (Smith Machine)

20/90
    20/90
    12/180
    10/270 *Note: My first three sets are warm ups where I go as far as I physically can, nearly 1 inch away from the floor. Never the less my squat felt weak.*

Leg Press:

20/90
    18/180
    15/270 *Note: I did this at the end of my workout and I felt a little bit weaker than last week on it..*

20/90
    18/180
    15/270
    8/320 *Note: Felt strong, however not only did I feel my legs being worked this week but I felt my lower back working as well. Anyone else feel their lower back working when doing hack squats?*

Leg Extensions:

20/45
    20/90
    16/135
    14/180 *Note: Was very strong here*

Leg Curl:

20/35
    20/50
    20/95
    20/125 *Note: Felt strong.*

Stiff Leg Deadlift:

12/110

Standing Calf Raise:

25/335

Conclusion:

Feeling pretty good. I played some takle football today with my friends(went to the gym yesterday), hurt my shoulder a little bit, I hope its just sore and feels better tomorrow. I can tell its nothing serious, I should be fine.

-BigNorg-

Building a better ME! :) dads01dream's Avatar
    dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dads01dream has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HOLY COW!! You're sure tossing around a TON of weight, for reps no less!! Very impressive, keep up the great work.

Originally Posted by dads01dream
    HOLY COW!! You're sure tossing around a TON of weight, for reps no less!! Very impressive, keep up the great work.
    Heh, thanks man. When I was younger I neglected my legs, I'm trying to catch them back up. I've always had very defined calves though, mainly because I did a lot of sports and snowboard a lot. My chest is a little bit above average but thats it, I'm looking to hopefuly break a max of 300 once my bulk is over on bp. My best bench was 295 but that was before I hurt my back. I put up a lot of decent numbers with my small size (only 5"6' - 5"7'), but they're no where near where I would like them to be. Thanks for the feed back though, greatly appreciated. Make me happy at least someone takes the time to keep updated on my progress :P Keeps my motivated as well. Well I'm off to the gym to do chest, tris and delts. And for all of you who actually keep updated on this journal, my shoulds are feeling much better. Just still a little sore from football. Takleing without pads is fun :P

Edit: Before I forget, just to let all you guys and girls know I choose not to wrestle this year to focus on my bulk and snowboard season. I hate to admit it, practices didn't even start yet and I already miss the brotherhood of the team I wish wrestling was in the spring, I would have busted my ass so hard to make counties this year :-/ My team will do alright though, they predicted to be ranked 2nd in my whole county, but I'm sure they'll take first. We have four coaches now for a team of 30, all of which were county/state wrestlers and we even had state champions move to our town just to wrestle for us. I'm sure they'll do great!
    Last edited by BigNorwegian; 11-09-2005 at 11:55 AM.

Day 10

Chest Tris Delts:

BB Incline Press:

12/bar
    12/95
    12/95
    8/135
    8/185

DB Flat Flys:

8/30
    8/40
    6/50
    8/55

8/50
    8/60
    8/70
    10/75 *Note: Awsome pump, great improvement, focused.*

Cable Crossovers:

10/85
    10/90 *Note: Nice improvement from last week.*

Military Press:

12/bar
    8/95
    6/135

10/7.5
    10/7.5
    10/7.5
    10/10
    10/10
    10/10
    10/15
    10/15
    10/15
    10/25 *Note: Felt good until the end. Was focused all the way through. Reps increased.*

Rear Delt Machine:

12/50
    10/80 *Note: Reps increased.*

Seated Rear Delt:

12/70
    10/100
    10/170

Wide Grip BB Upright Rows:

12/45
    8/95
    8/95

Close Grip Bench Press:

16/bar
    10/110
    8/110
    8/145

Overhead Extension:(Standing)

16/50
    10/100

12/20
    10/40
    10/50
    6/60

Tri Pulldowns:

12/75
    10/95
    8/110
    6/130

Conclusion:

Feeling good, numbers still increasing. Pumps still comming along. Diets looking good. Hopefully Ill have some pics up soon.

-BigNorg-

Day 11

Back Bis:

Lat Pull Down:

10/130
    8/150
    8/170
    8/200
    4/220 *Note: Felt good all the way through, threw in a last set just to get a feel for 220, I think I'll be bale to step the weight up to 210 next week.

Deadlifts:

10/135
    10/135
    8/225
    8/275 *Note: Feeling a lot stronger on deadlifts, I think I could have busted out another two reps but my grip was slipping. I do all of my deads raw, no belt, no straps, no powder. I don't know if this is a good idea when getting to the higher weights, though I do maintain very good form throughout every set. Some input on this would be appreciated. Maybe belt/straps once I hit 315 for sets?*

10/90
    10/110
    8/160 *Note: Felt very strong strong.*

BB Shrugs(On some weird machine I dont know whats called, not smith:

12/90
    10/180
    10/270
    8/370

BB Curls(Machine):

10/60
    10/70
    10/80
    6/100

DB Hammer Curls:

12/25
    8/30
    6/50

Standing Curls:

10/60 (Ez Bar)
    8/60 (Ez Bar)
    8/60 (Straight Bar)

Conclusion:

Feeling good, I think my back is getting much thicker, however I can see my lats are a little uneven. Hopefully they'll even out in time. I'm thinking I may need to add in another bicept excersise, suggestions or thoughts on this would be much appreciated. Please give me some feedback on my deadlift dilema, I don't know if I should start using straps/powder/belt once I hit the higher weights, is it worth it or not? I'm steadily gaining weight, I think I'll be a solid 180 before Thanksgiving. Then hopefully 185 - 190 by Christmas. Seems like I'm right on schedule.

-BigNorg-

BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BPP has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    good workouts bro, keep it up

MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000) MuZI is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good job man, keep up the good work and you should 210!
    Keto Diet:
    Start - June 13th - 198 lbs (~??% bf)
    November 06, 2009 - 168 lbs (14% bf)

Almost 4 weeks into Bulk:
    December 04, 2009 - 180 lbs @ 17%
    December 12, 2009 - 184 lbs

Come on mate, keep this up and you'll be well away!

I may not comment a lot, but I still read it...

Sad to hear about the wrestling team, but it's probably for the best. How do you think your diet is going?
    Viking to the core.

Fark yew.

Day 12

Quads Hams Calfs:

Squats: (Smith Machine)

20/90
    20/90
    12/180
    10/270 *Note: My first three sets are warm ups where I go as far as I physically can, nearly 1 inch away from the floor. Squats felt relatively good, could have done more reps I believe, but no spot today.

Leg Press:

12/360
    12/450
    10/450
    12/360 *Note: I felt much stronger on this than last week, even though I decreased my rep range, I was able to do much more weight than last week.*

20/90
    20/180
    15/270
    8/350 *Note: Felt strong, however not only did I feel my legs being worked this week but again, as like last week, I felt my lower back working as well. I also felt my uppder back working slightly during higher weights. Anyone else feel their lower back and/or upper back working when doing hack squats?*

Leg Extensions:

20/45
    20/90
    16/135
    16/135 *Note: No spotter today, so I decided to do my last set with 135 rather than 180.*

Leg Curl:

20/35 (per leg)
    20/35 (per leg)
    18/50 (per leg)
    20/65 (per leg) *Note: Felt strong.*

Standing Calf Raise: (snowboarding seasons comming along, need to get them calves in shape! :P )

25/355
    20/375
    12/395

Conclusion:

Feeling good, lookg bigger in the mirror though its evident I am gaining some fat in the process. Diets looking alright, I need to go shopping soon to get more food. On a side note, I was takign a shower today in the gym, and i noticed a towel hanging on the door, two showers down from me. I was like hmmm... thats a small towel, then I see its pink... then I see in big yellow letters "BARBIE", I chuckled. I got changed and then I saw the guy come out of the shower with the towel wrapped around himself. The guy was like 6"3' 250lbs and in good shape, the towel didnt fit around him and he had to hold it on the side and it came down like 2 feet and thats it, it was a funny sight : )

-BigNorg-
    Last edited by BigNorwegian; 11-16-2005 at 04:46 PM.

lol just as I hit "Post Reply" a friend of mine IMed me and said this lol, heres the convo:

wildmich: OLE!
    olE 2468: Sup
    wildmich: i need ur help real quick
    wildmich: im doin my health project on steroids ..
    wildmich: nd i wanna try to prove if steroids shrink ur junk
    wildmich: have u heard anything?
    olE 2468: ...
    olE 2468: are u serious?
    wildmich: yea
    olE 2468: its been PROVEN a BILLION TIMES that it DOES
    wildmich: like dead serious lol
    olE 2468: its not a myth its a FACT
    wildmich: mmk