Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tek. is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by de silva
    Fcvk, he even gives me reps for it. You're alright man.

Nah, no hating dude. I'm an insider man, I was that fat, deluded "big guy" once. Just wanna save others the frustration I went through myself.

Aren't they all sleeping in Brissie at this hour?
    Yeah i get your point. I dont mind holding fat tho, ive been skin and bone thruout highschool so its an alright change. I'ts tough tho when you get the mindset to chase a number rather then following the mirror. I post pics on anabolic minds every few months to get an honest view of things. I havnt lately i was waiting to hit 16% to post, id say im around 18-19% right this second.

Yeah its 5am, im still waiting for my mate to call for me to pick him up. Here's me before lifting, 140lbs @ 5'11, thats like a month into lifting i think i was around 130~ when i started. I'm damn happy with the gains, at that time i would of rathered be 180lbs @ 20% and semi-strong then a skinny/weak twerp
    Attached Images
    Last edited by tek.; 10-15-2005 at 12:26 PM.

Annoying Middle Easterner Jay Rawd's Avatar
    Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah the skinny ****s who think they're the **** because they're naturally cut are just as bad, too. But we've covered that already in about 1x10^99 threads. The fat people I talk about are all full of themselves because they can bench more than a skinny guy. Yeah you bench more but pound for pound the skinny guy is stronger than you.

Like the PT at my gym. He was "spotting" some guy on db shoulder press and the guy couldn't get the weight up and the PT just kept his hands on the dumbbells, not moving them upwards. ****ing idiot doesn't even know how to spot. Oh and another PT at my gym is around 20% bodyfat and on his license plates of his Mustang is the word "swole." ****ing delusional idiot. I bet he thinks he's ripped, too. Pathetic. He's like 240 20% bf and can barely hammer curl 50 lb. dumbbells and my skinny ass is doing 40s for reps easily.
    The middle of the road, is tryin to find me
    I'm standin in the middle of life with my pains behind me

TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by tek.
    No-one outside bb.com gives 2****s about pound for pound strength thats probly why.

Average joe dosnt see a fat pig throwing around 300lbs and go, hmm that's only .75% of his bodyweight. Then looks over and see a ripped twerp throwing around 180lbs and go on about how pound for pound his strong as hell.

300lbs is impressive wether its ronnie coleman benching it or not
    I disagree. What about power lifters? Tell them that their weight is meaningless, see what kind of response you get.

It's about pound for pound with strength.

ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by mike_d
    Arm wrestle is a ****ty test of strength, its all about leverage vs. raw power.
    when you don't cheat, it's all about strenght. it was funny seeing that 95lbs skinny dude beating the 180lbs fat boy in a sec... haha. how much weight in that was muscle???? 70 pounds? rofl.
    Last edited by ironmaiden01; 10-15-2005 at 10:56 PM.

LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10) LegenaryMember is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's true fat people are strong.

TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10) TennisDude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ironmaiden01
    when you don't cheat, it's all about strenght.
    No, that is wrong. Armwrestling has tons of technique with it. Gaining leverage isn't cheating, BTW.

RawkSoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawkSoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RawkSoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm fat, but I bench a solid 300lbs 6 times. I think thats strong... And I'm not an ******* either, but there was this time I was already flirting with a girl (now my girlfriend) about her taking CPR classes and ripped boy literally steps next to us and says "I took CPR, I can help you practice if you want" then buts his hands up on the high pulley and flexes his arms. I could have killed him.

ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100) ironmaiden01 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by TennisDude
    No, that is wrong. Armwrestling has tons of technique with it. Gaining leverage isn't cheating, BTW.
    well in my school there was a bunch of people around us that made sure we didn't cheat so it was impossible. maybe in your stupid world tournament that means nothing you can pull off some **** but in my school it was straight back, arms in center of the table and none of that wrist going over thing. we'd also hold the opponent's arm to make sure it doesn't move.

BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500)
    So, most of you are piss at the guys who wont leave the bulking cycle. LOL, why am I not surprise?
    Spare the reps, bang a chick.

Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000) Jay Rawd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bobby Hill
    So, most of you are piss at the guys who wont leave the bulking cycle. LOL, why am I not surprise?
    I used to be one of those guys. "No dude I'm only 5% bodyfat my abs are just so overdeveloped that they poke out like that."

94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 94SexyStang has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I grew up armwrestling, at age 15 and like 130lbs, I was already beating my dad.
    My dad was a very good arm wrestler, but as I grew up, he tought me, and so I had him beat at an early age....lol
    But the keys to arm wrestling can be Timing, Power, Leverage, and Determination. Theres just something about the sport that I love, it's probably just the whole "showdown" type feeling I get when my arm locks with his. I just get tunnel vision like crazy, the thought of losing just doesn't exist in my mind....Im the same way with Jiu-Jitsu and when im in martial arts class....I just love it.

If you ever watch ESPN, some of the arm wrestlers on there they have....some of them have incredible determination, and others are just ego trips. But in pro arm wrestling, alot of them use Leverage as a main technique, and some use raw power and timing. Good Lats, tight chest, strong Biceps and Forearm and grip make the man in that sport.

de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50) de silva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by 94SexyStang
    I grew up armwrestling, at age 15 and like 130lbs, I was already beating my dad.
    My dad was a very good arm wrestler, but as I grew up, he tought me, and so I had him beat at an early age....lol
    But the keys to arm wrestling can be Timing, Power, Leverage, and Determination. Theres just something about the sport that I love, it's probably just the whole "showdown" type feeling I get when my arm locks with his. I just get tunnel vision like crazy, the thought of losing just doesn't exist in my mind....Im the same way with Jiu-Jitsu and when im in martial arts class....I just love it.

If you ever watch ESPN, some of the arm wrestlers on there they have....some of them have incredible determination, and others are just ego trips. But in pro arm wrestling, alot of them use Leverage as a main technique, and some use raw power and timing. Good Lats, tight chest, strong Biceps and Forearm and grip make the man in that sport.
    Dude, no one cares.

foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100) foda-se buceta is not very well liked. (-100)
    when did this get turned into a arm wrestling thread?

Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Fetus Soccer
    max2k or whatever - leg press doesnt equate to real life strength. in real life your life muscles are busy holding up your weight, which is why the squat and more importantly ass to grass squat are proper tests for how much functional leg strength you have. i hope you realise 450 despite sounding like a big number is nothing special on leg press no offense. ronnie coleman uses well over 2000 pounds for high reps but "only" squats 800 for a double... i guess he should resign to fat asses everywhere though lol. thats like the equivilant of boasting about squatting near 200 pounds or benching 140.... it really isnt heavy and for any serious lifter is actually light as hell. no offense intended, just a reality check on strength and particularly functional (real life) strength.
    Thing was, I never worked out at all and I did that ****. When I was extremely overweight it was because I was a computer fatass nerd sitting at home all day playing retarded ass fantasy games. I know people who work out their legs regularly and can't do that stuff.
    *****/*****
    Obsession with nutrition starts here.

Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Man2kx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY
    I was about to tear into you until I realized you were talking about 45 degree leg press calf extensions...
    Damn I never really thought of that, I'm such a freaking idiot, seriously. I've known about it but it's never crossed my mind, only been back to training legs for roughly a month now. Next leg workout is gonna be good.
    *****/*****
    Obsession with nutrition starts here.

Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by RawkSoks
    I'm fat, but I bench a solid 300lbs 6 times. I think thats strong... And I'm not an ******* either, but there was this time I was already flirting with a girl (now my girlfriend) about her taking CPR classes and ripped boy literally steps next to us and says "I took CPR, I can help you practice if you want" then buts his hands up on the high pulley and flexes his arms. I could have killed him.
    no one said fat asses cant be strong, we're just pointing out that most fat asses seem to view themselves as powerful and strong when theyre not. i dont know what the point in that story was, but ok.
    hail murder. **** you.

no one said fat asses cant be strong, we're just pointing out that most fat asses seem to view themselves as powerful and strong when theyre not. i dont know what the point in that story was, but ok.
    Plus how fat is the guy who benches 300 to begin with? Is he near 300 lb?

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by tek.
    No-one outside bb.com gives 2****s about pound for pound strength thats probly why.

Average joe dosnt see a fat pig throwing around 300lbs and go, hmm that's only .75% of his bodyweight. Then looks over and see a ripped twerp throwing around 180lbs and go on about how pound for pound his strong as hell.

300lbs is impressive wether its ronnie coleman benching it or not
    From what I've seen, not many people here give 2 ****s about pound for pound strength either. At least in the teens section, which I visit probably the most helping out my fellow peers... well I'm 20 now so not peers anymore, hah. I'd say that sports that care about strength to weight ratios are mainly wrestling, olympic lifting and gymnastics.

Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Jay Rawd
    Seriously, I keep seeing all these fat guys who think that they're some sort of Mariusz Pudzianowski or Jay Cutler. At my gym, they get their flabby asses on the bench and struggle doing something that's less than their bodyweight. That's not strong. OK, so you bench 225. You weigh 400, you piece of ****. That ain't nothing to be proud of. And if that ain't bad to ya, there was this one fatceps guy who weighed around 200 lb. and was a weak piece of **** struggling to max on 225 lb. Then he was flexing at some girls (fat ones) and he was bragging about how strong he was. Funny thing is he's a personal trainer and he has **** strength and doesn't know anything about lifting. And the obvious fact that he's out of shape. Yeah you got 17 inch arms punk. Let's see you cut and be proud the 12 inches left.

Rant over.
    Conversely, it's equally laughable when someone with 12" arms and a six pack (due purely to their ectomorphic genetics) dismisses a bulky ox-like physiqe of an NFL player as "all fat."

Originally Posted by Fifth Column
    Conversely, it's equally laughable when someone with 12" arms and a six pack (due purely to their ectomorphic genetics) dismisses a bulky ox-like physiqe of an NFL player as "all fat."
    I know. But there's enough threads on that. Who said the skinny guys with six packs are any better?

BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500) BobbyZeus is not very helpful. (-500)

Lightbulb

Who said the skinny guys with six packs are any better?
    I thought that's what this thread was all about. I am confused now.
    Spare the reps, bang a chick.

Just because I believe fat guys who are on gym ego trips are pathetic, so are naturally ripped anorexic Tyler Durden wannabes. I don't mention that because everyone's heard that already. How about some modesty? Or if not modesty, just keep your goddamn mouth shut and stop bragging about **** that isn't impressive. Like the skinny ****s are annoying when they brag about their six packs, so are the fat ****s who brag about their "super-human" strength.

Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fifth Column has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by de silva
    The ones I hate aren't the really fat dudes, it's the ones in the 20-25% bf range, who do actually have a bit of strength and/or muscle as well. I can't stand the way these motherfcvkers strut around thinking they're "huge", but fail to realize that most of their "hugeness" is actually based on fat. They delude themselves into thinking that it's "mostly muscle" and that they only need to cut maybe "10lbs" to get ripped, when in reality they need about 30.

These dudes are very common. In fact, if you're on this site, there's a good chance you are one of them. Have you recently been through a "bulk" in which you've "packed on" 30lbs in four months? The odds are excellent that you're one of these deluded fcvks.
    Back when I was in high school, before cutting for the first time, I weighed 285lbs at roughly 25% bf (didn't have it accurately tested at the time, so 25 is merely an educated guess). I never really quite looked my weight, but then again I am 6'4". Sure, I had a giant beer gut and a wide-load ass, but I also had 19" arms which were hard as a rock. I had no definition whatsoever, but my muscles were visible in some places. When I'd finished cutting for the first time, despite people's assertions that my body was "all fat," I managed to achieve visible abs at a bodyweight of 220lbs - without gaining any additional muscle.

The point I'm trying to make is people often tend to assume that just because someone is carrying around a little bit of extra baggage, their physique is all baggage. I was fat, but when compared to the typical 170lb "jock," I still had an additional 50 or so pounds of muscle on him underneath it all. I just never got the credit for it, because my abs weren't visible and my arms weren't covered in bulging veins. It's the illusion that people get from having a low bodyfat. That said, leanness is hardly a good indication of strength, nor is it conducive to it for that matter. Quite the opposite, in fact. Remember, a person who's a little bit "heavy" (not obese) is most likely going to be stronger than a lean, light person just as a result of carrying around all that extra weight. I'm not talking about the typical everyday fatass, but athletes and lifters.
    Last edited by Fifth Column; 10-16-2005 at 02:52 AM.

Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fetus Soccer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Plus how fat is the guy who benches 300 to begin with? Is he near 300 lb?
    no one benches 300 to begin with or else newb gains alone would take them to like a 500 pound bench, then after a year they'd be doing like 600... this is keeping in mind that the world record non shirted bench is 715 pounds held by a guy who is 350 pounds of solid muscle - scot mendelson. why would your central nervous system be conditioned to bench 300 pounds when it doesnt even have a need for it? all the 300 pound guys in my gym use about 150 and that's not their first time. your average 150 pound kid is going to start off using about 75-85 pounds for a few reps (using good form). as we know, skinny kids have better pound for pound strength which is why they can run faster etc so if a skinny kid can only use a bit over half his weight when he starts, some fat ass sure as **** isnt going to be using his ENTIRE weight. yes, a fat ass will be able to bench more than a skinny ****, but the skinny **** will have a better pound for pound ratio. im not saying this matters because personally i dont care about pound for pound strength... im just saying that a 300 pound guy benching his own weight when he starts is the most ridiculous sounding **** ever considering even small guys cant bench their own weight when they start and they have better pound for pound strength due to a lower bodyfat. even the naturally solid looking guys who you expect to be strong cant bench **** when theyre just starting off.

okay i know that was long and repetitive but i was trying to make my point.
    hail murder. **** you.

fifth column - we arent talking about nfl players, dude, we're talking about regular fat asses who dont even lift for the most part. there's a big difference.
    hail murder. **** you.

Evangelical Agnostic CerealKiller's Avatar
    CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CerealKiller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jesus hates fat people ?
    You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe. -- Carl Sagan

fifth column - we arent talking about nfl players, dude, we're talking about regular fat asses who dont even lift for the most part. there's a big difference.
    There sure is. I was merely turning the argument around circumstantially, because I've often seen people with solid builds and developed musculature get overlooked due to their bodyfat.

That said, leanness is hardly a good indication of strength, nor is it conducive to it for that matter. Quite the opposite, in fact. Remember, a person who's a little bit "heavy" (not obese) is most likely going to be stronger than a lean, light person just as a result of carrying around all that extra weight. I'm not talking about the typical everyday fatass, but athletes and lifters.
    it's not carrying the extra weight that helps your strength, it's the fact that when you're extremely lean you probably arent eating as much and are low on energy. that's why body builders arent near as strong in contest shape as they are off season - less food, less energy, less strength.
    hail murder. **** you.

it's not carrying the extra weight that helps your strength, it's the fact that when you're extremely lean you probably arent eating as much and are low on energy. that's why body builders arent near as strong in contest shape as they are off season - less food, less energy, less strength.
    Extra weight doesn't help strength, huh? I wonder why they have weight classes in almost every individual-based sport, then.

I suggest you sit down and open up a physics textbook before you embarrass yourself further, kid.

There sure is. I was merely turning the argument around circumstantially, because I've often seen people with solid builds and developed musculature get overlooked due to their bodyfat.
    right on man, i hate that ****. i dont think people need ****ing rippling abs to be muscular. it's obvious when a guy is muscular even if he isnt near ripped, his entire body shape is much different than that of a fat guys. its like how superheavyweight powerlifters get called fat... but last time i checked fat guys didnt have traps up to their ****ing ears and shoulders that get caught on doorways. and in my opinion, a guy who is huge with muscles but isnt ultra defined has a more natural look than pro body builders.
    hail murder. **** you.