The Purple People Eater The Viking's Avatar
    The Viking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Viking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) The Viking has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

About how much pressure does it take to dislocate a joint?

I'm sure this varies between smaller stuff like fingers, and the bigger joints like your knee. But, does anyone know any information on this?

I had heard that it only takes 10 lbs to screw up your elbow.. But that seems very very wrong, since I do many exercises that use many times more weight than that..

So yeah, thanks in advance.

marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) marcFE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by The Viking
    I'm sure this varies between smaller stuff like fingers, and the bigger joints like your knee. But, does anyone know any information on this?

I had heard that it only takes 10 lbs to screw up your elbow.. But that seems very very wrong, since I do many exercises that use many times more weight than that..

So yeah, thanks in advance.
    I don't think theres an established number, I think it has more to do with how vulnerable a position the joint is in, the knees can take a ton of abuse in a resting position, but if one of the ligaments in it is stretched when you get hit you could probably tear it from very little contact. Same with most other joints to, since they are constantly moving, there are points throughout the range of motion that are more and less vulnerable and its really based on that. I'de imagine you could break almost any joint with very little contact though if its in a weak position.

I am Powerlifter the next arnold's Avatar
    the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000) the next arnold is just really nice. (+1000)
    it took a 70lb dumbell and a hot chick to dislocate my shoulder while benching

2 victor goes spoils THe WeapoN's Avatar
    THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500) THe WeapoN is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    mate, u are going to get alot of different answers for this
    we aim for one thing, to be perfect, yet we will never be.