JSmoove80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSmoove80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JSmoove80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone know any ideas for better lighting in a garage

Besides the way of drilling a hole in the ceiling and doing all the elecrtic work my uncle works with that stuff but for now I wanna get another means of better lighting because the lighting in my garage is really bad. I know a lamp or what not but I want something up from above.
    Last edited by JSmoove80; 12-11-2007 at 03:09 AM.

holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) holbee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

more light...

well, here's a few options...

1.)If you have any overhead lighting now you can replace it with a large fluorescent fixture. They're pretty easy to install (even come with instructions) and can be done in half of an hour or so.

2.)You may also look at changing out any bulbs with fluorescent bulbs as they are much brighter.

3.) Any halogen lamps (the kind that look like a bowl on top of a long stick that are free standing) would add some light to the area. I know that you wanted something from above, but these are very quick and simple solutions.

4.)Finally, if you have an outlet then something like this would be good.
    http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/...emKey=30119051
    It's just a overhead fluorescent fixture that plugs into the wall. It also has an outlet on it as well so that you can plug another lamp into it (up to 10 in a row).

5.) Finally, any mirrors that you put up will almost double the light that you have.

Good luck.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124348591

Musclespeed rocks!

King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000) King of the Misc is just really nice. (+1000)
    More mirrors?

philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) philapino18 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by holbee View Post
    well, here's a few options...

1.)If you have any overhead lighting now you can replace it with a large fluorescent fixture. They're pretty easy to install (even come with instructions) and can be done in half of an hour or so.

2.)You may also look at changing out any bulbs with fluorescent bulbs as they are much brighter.

3.) Any halogen lamps (the kind that look like a bowl on top of a long stick that are free standing) would add some light to the area. I know that you wanted something from above, but these are very quick and simple solutions.

4.)Finally, if you have an outlet then something like this would be good.
    http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs/...emKey=30119051
    It's just a overhead fluorescent fixture that plugs into the wall. It also has an outlet on it as well so that you can plug another lamp into it (up to 10 in a row).

5.) Finally, any mirrors that you put up will almost double the light that you have.

Good luck.
    x2, he covered everything i was going to say

fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10) fatsuperman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    white walls and more mirrors help.

Those compact Florescent screw in Bulbs are a cheap way to get more lumen's without heat. Get the biggest one's you can find and screw them in!

http://www.bulbamerica.com/Compact-F...ategory_id=434
    Is your Wife or GF fat? Get Advice, help, or just vent www.myfatspouse.com

Read about the Funny Muscle mags of the past
    www.forgottenmuscle.com

Registered User WorkingOnTheDream's Avatar
    WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50) WorkingOnTheDream will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All this talk of fluorescents... Right now it's 19 degrees F in Wisconsin--I thought fluorescents had problems with very cold temps?
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Frank Drebin has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by davejlowe View Post
    All this talk of fluorescents... Right now it's 19 degrees F in Wisconsin--I thought fluorescents had problems with very cold temps?
    Yeah, they're pretty dim until they warm up.

ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz ctgblue has the mod powerz
    Sounds like you need plug and go lighting, basic shop lights will definitely help, you just need to put the anchor hooks in a stud.

http://www.doityourself.com/invt/5953310
    http://www.doityourself.com/icat/fluorescentfixtpart

shop your local craigslist or just go to lowes or home depot, get good extension cords to run to them
    lift big 2 get big
    Former NPC Masters Competitor
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Mod @ bodybuilding.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??

Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes
    Then, you are a mile away AND, you have their shoes!

DIRECT WORDS FROM THE CEO....
    -Mods cannot do name changes
    -Mods cannot mass delete posts/threads

Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Araj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I just use industrial strength velcro to hang my lights
    easy

BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000) BRUTUSPLAC is just really nice. (+1000)
    never had a problem with my fluorescents out in my garage.
    i did it the hard way. when i bought my house . I put a panel board out there ran wires from my house basement and my father inlaw did it fo ra living, and i put like 10 outlets allover the place,
    All depends on how much or little work you want to do .
    Then i insulated the whole place . sheetrock and tape , lots of hours but looks good after 15 yrs

HUMANBEAR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do glass work for a living, you would be suprised how much mirrors will help. Also to watch your form and see your swoll to get pumped for the next set
    "Come on lets get serious" - Arnold

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have standard light sockets in your ceiling you can get 42watt flourescent spirals, they equal 150watt conventional incandescent lamps. That'll brighten things up. They'll save electricity too.