d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First day on keto - how long til I'm in ketosis?

Also...

- how many carbs / day am I allowed to have? Since I guess it's impossible to have zero carbs, what's my limit on a 2000cal diet? 5% carbs? 10%?
    - is it ok to have a big cheat meal (i.e. pizza) once a week? Will this throw me out of ketosis and if so, how long til I get back in?
    - can I have a limited amount (a handful) of whole grain pasta, or do I have to cut it out alltogether?
    - how about veggies, salads, etc? Eat all I want or is there a limit?

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is it really hard to read the stickies? I'm sorry but these same questions seem to come up everyday.

30g of carbs per day on CKD

You can have a Pizza as your cheat meal on your carb up, but try to keep it clean, and it usually comes after the first 2 weeks into Keto.

Getting in and out of Keto depends solely on what you eat and how you workout. If you eat a ton of clean carbs and do HIIT the next day you could go in pretty fast.

No Pasta, whole wheat or not. Leave it till the carbups, again 30g of carbs per day or less. Pretty sure you can't have any decent pasta with less than that.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I disagree, there is nothing in the rules that states you have to wait two weeks for the first carb up session.

I didn't and I am still losing weight really fast.
    Like Brutis...you can do dis.

deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deadfingers is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CanuckTank View Post
    I disagree, there is nothing in the rules that states you have to wait two weeks for the first carb up session.

I didn't and I am still losing weight really fast.
    Everyone is different, I never said it was written in stone, I'm sure more people will agree that 2 weeks is the typical wait for people. Hell I know they said wait at least 10 days to fully get accustomed to it.

CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CanuckTank is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I know for guys like me that lift weight a lot that you just cannpt go that long without having your potential for injury going through the roof.

d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) d!abolic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Alright, so these carb-ups.. is it just a once-a-week pizza thing, or a whole day of eating normal?

The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The Arabic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by d!abolic View Post
    Alright, so these carb-ups.. is it just a once-a-week pizza thing, or a whole day of eating normal?
    You should really read the stickies and then if you don't understand we will explain but a question like the one you are presenting here shows you do not understand nor have you read the stickies because inside the stickies it is very self explanatory...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4145823
    ^Major stick source^

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=36497
    ^Here is the answer to your question^
    The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.?
    R.K.

Originally Posted by d!abolic View Post
    Whole day eating normal +50% in my opinion. Eat a good balance of everything but make sure you have some cheat stuff in there too.

sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know for guys like me that lift weight a lot that you just cannpt go that long without having your potential for injury going through the roof.
    can someone elaborate on this? im doing my first week now and was planning on a carb up this weekend but im getting conflicting info on whether to wait till the second weekend. Im lifting a heavy weights 3 times a week and some running with my dog which means i sprint ,walk, sprint, walk depending on him.

Originally Posted by sniper_01 View Post
    can someone elaborate on this? im doing my first week now and was planning on a carb up this weekend but im getting conflicting info on whether to wait till the second weekend. Im lifting a heavy weights 3 times a week and some running with my dog which means i sprint ,walk, sprint, walk depending on him.
    Well in my opinion you don't workout nearly enough to justify having a carb up this soon, are you even in Ketosis yet? That's what you have to wait for, and some people go into it instantly others take a while, especially in the beginning. Once you're in Ketosis stay in it for 3-4 days at least then carb up, otherwise you're just going in and out without any benefit.
    ☆☆☆Ron Paul 2012 Support Crew☆☆☆

~Barefooters Crew~|~Atheist Alliance~| ~Yellow Fever Crew~

"Be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok , that makes sense. im quite tired this morning at work and i do have a weird taste in my mouth, i suspect that i may have started ketosis. I think i'll hold off until next weekend though. thanks

Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Whole day eating normal +50% in my opinion. Eat a good balance of everything but make sure you have some cheat stuff in there too.
    Not sure what you mean by normally? If you mean a normal keto diet with carbs, then no. That would put your fat way to high for the day, your objective is to keep fats low and obviously carbs high on a carb up. But it's always good to throw down with a cheat that you've been wanting.

Just becarefull that cheat is a few slices of pizza, not an entire large meat lovers deep dish with some veggies
    Last edited by Vanusk; 12-12-2007 at 05:34 AM.

stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10) stewaat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Some people cheat out of their ass. I remember reading a guy who said he ate 3 cakes in like 2 hours. I almost fell over laughing at his story. That guy needs to post it in here!

Everyone needs to realise tht if you don't have that one relief day where you can eat what you want, that you won't be sticking the the diet long enough for any real gains.

I eat a **** load at every meal just so i can load up on the carbs I will need for the rest of the week.

I weight train heavily so I need it. For others that train lightly, they might not need as much.

I for one go all out. Not all junk, but nothing is taken off of the table.

Everyone needs to realise tht if you don't have that one relief day where you can eat what you want, that you won't be sticking the the diet long enough for any real gains.
    Gotta disagree. When I first got into bodybuilding, I immediately went on keto and didn't have a cheat meal for 6 months. Went from 225 to like 170-something in 5-6 months.

marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marty6001 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    <--- no carb up in 2.5 months now. I think its body specific. I just seem to do better with very little carbs
    Tomorrow is no place to place your better days.