erikd2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What does muscle milk do differently than other Proteins?

a couple of my buddies take muscle milk and they are gettin pretty big. i take ON 100% whey (10 pounder of course) and its a great product. However im not really noticing a big size change. i take about 200 grams a day and sack it with NOX-CG3(i know it sucks, but it was free). What is everyones opinion on this stuff.
    6ft 175Lbs
    First Week Of 5x5
    deadlifts-255x5
    military-125x5
    Squat-?

One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50) One-More will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I take the ON whey too and it works good for me. My buddy takes the ON in the morning, and about an hour before a workout, and the musclemilk al the last shake before bed. He was saying because musclemilk is a casein protien instead of whey and it feeds your body for longer time periods than the whey.

nate2004 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    muscle milk is a whey/casein blend... so if u take it before bed your gettin a constant supply of protein throughout the night

... it has more fat in it than most too...

pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) pu12en12g has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by erikd2005
    What is everyones opinion on this stuff.
    It's popular because it tastes so good.
    Free agent
    Research and Development Consultant
    11+ Years Experience

erikd2005 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    is it worth getting then to take at night?
    6ft 175Lbs
    First Week Of 5x5
    deadlifts-255x5
    military-125x5
    Squat-?

becoming godsized! bodybuilder45's Avatar
    bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bodybuilder45 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by erikd2005
    is it worth getting then to take at night?
    there are much better options for nightime protein. muscle milk contains a lot of fat and matodextrin as a carb source which isnt optimal before bed. a lot of people here love xtreme formulations ultra peptide. im a fan of vpx's micellean. both powders are casein based with some whey and egg and are expected to feed your body with protein over a 7 hour time period. cottage cheese is also a natural form of casein and is ideal before bed. take it with some healthy fats and fiber to further slow digestion and stay anabolic.

your friends are probably getting bigger because they are taking in more calories, its as simple as that

hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000) hxcBB is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by bodybuilder45
    there are much better options for nightime protein. muscle milk contains a lot of fat and matodextrin as a carb source which isnt optimal before bed. a lot of people here love xtreme formulations ultra peptide. im a fan of vpx's micellean. both powders are casein based with some whey and egg and are expected to feed your body with protein over a 7 hour time period. cottage cheese is also a natural form of casein and is ideal before bed. take it with some healthy fats and fiber to further slow digestion and stay anabolic.

your friends are probably getting bigger because they are taking in more calories, its as simple as that
    well i WAS going to comment on this thread...

patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) patton307 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have gone through 3 tubs of muscle milk (working on my 4th) it does taste much better then most protein shakes out there. I take ON 100% whey post workout and the muscle milk before bed. Even though your asleep for lets say 8 hours, your body still needs nutrition, and muscle milk is a very slow digestive and supplies your body with nutrients much longer then some of the other protein shakes out there (especially if you mix it with milk). If you are having trouble getting your daily calories in one shake of muscle milk with water is about 350 calories, and with milk is about 650 calories (low fat milk); so it is a pretty good meal replacement. Hope this helps.

Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ngage has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Where can i get Muscle Milk?cant find it in groceries...=(

Registered User Bigger then you's Avatar
    Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bigger then you is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tommydukes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tommydukes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Too bad the RDT's are so damn expensive....that stuff is serioiusly good!

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    5gr. of maltodextrin per serving. Combine it with that much fat and that much protein to blunt the GI, and it's not a big deal.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000) aspire210 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pu12en12g
    It's popular because it tastes so good.
    Exactly. mmmmhmmm good.

9THVENOM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I like to mix in some uncooked oatmeal with bananas n cream flavor im seriously hooked!

FoxMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FoxMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FoxMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FoxMulder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have recently started having the Core MRP. It's actually pretty good and no dextrose or malto in it. Check it out.

Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adamb83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't believe theres anything to distinctive about it, other then taste, but it seems to be working very well for me compared to other proteins. I don't know, I could be wrong, Maybe there is something in it...
    "9 Out of 10 Americans Do not get eat enough whole grain"....

...Making up for the other 9 since 2004

"May the weights fall softly upon your shoulders, and your goals rest easy upon your back"

Disclaimer:

The truth may shock you.

rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rmat16 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if taste is your concern, just put 2 spoons of pb into your shake. it makes the worst tasting protein powders taste like reeses.

youngBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) youngBuilder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Muscle milk is a very good protein powder/meal replacement. Its done a good job incorporating a huge spectrum of the amino acids, and contains fat and carbs which is needed to grow.

I hate it when i see someone say they are trying to build muscle, and down a shake with just protein and water? Carbs are important in growing, carbs help absorption of aminos in the muscle, and fats are also essential for keeping the body's testosterone levels high, and providing extra calories for building.

IF YOU ARE NOT TAKING IN MORE CLAORIES THAN YOU BURN IN A DAY, DONT BE SURPRISED IF YOU MAKE MINIMAL GAINS AT BEST. THE BODY NEEDS TO KNOW THAT IT WILL HAVE ENOUGH CALORIES TO FUND THE GROWTH OF MORE MASS. you will not get fat if you gradually build up your calirc intake.