SarahJane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Where are the Regulations for Female Bodybuilding??

I am so sorry if I have somehow misjudged and am incorrect about my theory below. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want fair rights for female bodybuilders!

I just watched Supersize She with my sister, and our conclusion is that female bodybuilding has turned into a very unfair and unhealthy sport towards women. From what we can tell by these women's faces and voices, they must be taking testosterone, right? Joanna showed a video of herself 7 years earlier, and her face looked more feminine... she even made the comment that she felt her face was cuter back then. How sad for her! Here she is, dedicated and passionate about her sport, but in order for her to compete and fullfill her dream, she basically has to shoot herself up with testosterone and turn herself into a man to do it??? This is WRONG and UNFAIR to these women!!!

If it is in fact true that these women are taking testosterone, why then aren't regulations and rules put into place to STOP that?! Why can't they be tested for testosterone just like for steroid use? Shouldn't these women be able to participate in a female sport fairly without having to turn themselves into men?! This is FEMALE bodybuilding, not Women Wanting to Become MEN Bodybuilding!! This is suppost to be what a fit and built FEMALE body can look like.

Is anyone else concerned about these women and angry about this? Can't we all unite and fight for fair regulations in female bodybuilding? If anyone else agrees, our voices need to be heard. If we don't take a stand, then this will continue! Any ideas for getting our voices heard?

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Good post. It has going bad to some extent. But I still support my sisters of Iron no matter what, just because bodybuilding is in my blood.

I'm glad I did all my comps back in the mid and late 90's when the drug scene wasn't so fierce. Personally, I don't have a desire to really compete anymore... been there, done that, but I still love the sport and would like to see female bodybuilding toned down just a bit.

They did set new regulations and standards back in 1999 and it didn't go well. The judges didn't even follow their own guidelines they set. So, female bodybuilders are still, and will remain in limbo as to what to do... do I get hard and cut or do I keep my full curves? The judging panal will say come in a little softer, but they will choose the harder girl. It's all politics. Personally, I think they are trying to drown out the sport of female bodybuilding.

They say female bodybuilding doesn't put butts in the seats, so they are going more figure and fitness. I hate to break this to anyone, but the figure and fitness girls are juiced too, at least 90% of them are and of course at the national and pro level. It's only a matter of time before they too get to big and the NPC creates another class of competitors... perhaps they'll call it the swimsuit comp, which will push figure and fitness onto the back burner... and it's only a matter of time before the swimsuit comp girls are juicing.

It's a battle we'll never win.

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MsFit

It's all politics. Personally, I think they are trying to drown out the sport of female bodybuilding.

They say female bodybuilding doesn't put butts in the seats, so they are going more figure and fitness. I hate to break this to anyone, but the figure and fitness girls are juiced too, at least 90% of them are and of course at the national and pro level. It's only a matter of time before they too get to big and the NPC creates another class of competitors... perhaps they'll call it the swimsuit comp, which will push figure and fitness onto the back burner... and it's only a matter of time before the swimsuit comp girls are juicing.

It's a battle we'll never win.
    Very good points and very true.

H2O has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Good thread

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They don't test for ANYTHING really in the pro-ranks, except diuretics in some federations. So these women are usually on a hell of a lot more than just test. It is sad that there is no room for natural competitors in the pro ranks.

emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10) emunah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If everyone is doing it, most have no choice. They can't compete with those that do.

Its a cycle.

MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MsFit is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by emunah
    If everyone is doing it, most have no choice. They can't compete with those that do.
    That's true. Either play the game or don't play at all.

starrhh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by imperfectly_lou
    So these women are usually on a hell of a lot more than just test.
    I wonder what they actually use and at what doses...

Originally Posted by starrhh
    There are many drugs available, everything from Deca, Anavar, to Winstrol. Can't really forecast what it will do to each lady because everyone's body is different. I find test brings out the worse in facial features.

Buff bride to be imperfectly_lou's Avatar
    imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) imperfectly_lou is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    As MsFit said, Anavar, Winstrol, Deca, T3, growth hormones, clenbuterol

There are many drugs available, everything from Deca, Anavar, to Winstrol. Can't really forecast what it will do to each lady because everyone's body is different. I find test brings out the worse in facial features.
    u mean like test + deca/winstrol/anavar? at very high doses? since when did the female bodybuilders start juicing? I once read it somewhere that there is more test in the blood of female bodybuilders than the average male

u mean like test + deca/winstrol/anavar? at very high doses? since when did the female bodybuilders start juicing? I once read it somewhere that there is more test in the blood of female bodybuilders than the average male
    They've been juicing longer than I've been in the sport, and I've been in it since 1988. Every sport has it's dirty little secrets and you have to learn to read between the lines.

I had a friend start a low dose cycle of winne and in less than a week her voice changed. Her family, unaware of her "use", thought she had throat cancer and was trying to get her to go to the doctor. LOL

Born2BeBuilt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Born2BeBuilt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Born2BeBuilt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Born2BeBuilt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Born2BeBuilt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Born2BeBuilt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by SarahJane
    I am so sorry if I have somehow misjudged and am incorrect about my theory below. I don't mean to offend anyone. I just want fair rights for female bodybuilders!

I just watched Supersize She with my sister, and our conclusion is that female bodybuilding has turned into a very unfair and unhealthy sport towards women. From what we can tell by these women's faces and voices, they must be taking testosterone, right? Joanna showed a video of herself 7 years earlier, and her face looked more feminine... she even made the comment that she felt her face was cuter back then. How sad for her! Here she is, dedicated and passionate about her sport, but in order for her to compete and fullfill her dream, she basically has to shoot herself up with testosterone and turn herself into a man to do it??? This is WRONG and UNFAIR to these women!!!

If it is in fact true that these women are taking testosterone, why then aren't regulations and rules put into place to STOP that?! Why can't they be tested for testosterone just like for steroid use? Shouldn't these women be able to participate in a female sport fairly without having to turn themselves into men?! This is FEMALE bodybuilding, not Women Wanting to Become MEN Bodybuilding!! This is suppost to be what a fit and built FEMALE body can look like.

Is anyone else concerned about these women and angry about this? Can't we all unite and fight for fair regulations in female bodybuilding? If anyone else agrees, our voices need to be heard. If we don't take a stand, then this will continue! Any ideas for getting our voices heard?
    I think i speak for just about every1 when i say, yes we agree and very nice points

mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mommy*2*3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You know, I feel like this is a dead subject. It's been talked about so much already. We all know that drugs have been around for a very long time. I know that some of these women look terrible but it's their choice. Nobody is holding a gun to their head saying "take the steroids" and nobody is holding a gun to their head saying "compete". I absolutely do not feel sorry for any of those athletes. They made the choice to look like that knowing very well that there is not much at the end to show for it. As we know the prize money is pretty much a joke.

Yes the IFBB has allowed it to go on but how did this all start? Most likely someone showed up on stage looking a little freaky and won so then others followed getting bigger and trying beat one another in size...now that drugs are so well known, they will be used and abused. That's the sport and bodybuilding is not the only sport where drugs are abused.
    I think there is a difference between a female taking a little bit of something and taking loads of something over many years until they loose all of their feminine features for the sake of more muscle.

SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000) SexyChic is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
    ΛΣΣ Squat Booty Society~

They've been juicing longer than I've been in the sport, and I've been in it since 1988. Every sport has it's dirty little secrets and you have to learn to read between the lines.

I had a friend start a low dose cycle of winne and in less than a week her voice changed. Her family, unaware of her "use", thought she had throat cancer and was trying to get her to go to the doctor. LOL
    I agree winny is some strong stuff... I got to try it I took one pill at the lowest dose and I got sick for 2 weeks... I felt like there was somethin going on with my throat after one pill so I stopped immediately and the weird feeling went away in 2 weeks. after that was a bad cold. not touching that stuff again..

chiarij has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking RE: Msfit

I didn't know approximately 90% of the figure & fitness models use steriods. I always thought it was the really big female bodybuilders.

It is possible to obtain figure & fitness bodies without the use of steriods isn't it? Please forgive me I am new to this...

Bodybuilding has always been something I was interested in from the first time I seen a female bodybuilder when I was very young, that was very rare...I love the look and I enjoy the weight training. But, it was discouraged when I was growing up. (I am 40 years old) When I did asked about it I was told because I was overweight weight training would only make me bigger... I was told I would look like a man...I was asked why would I want to be a bodybuilder since I was a female...Now things are different, somewhat...

And I am sooo glad I found you all here...I have a long journey (need to lose 85 lbs) but reading the threads is so encouraging.

I am so far off the topic of this particular thread...sorry

Yes, it is possible to acheive the look of a figure competitor without the use of steroids. The problem occurs when one wants to compete, especially on the state and national level. You see, many bodybuilders are crossing over to figure competitions because they want to stay smaller and honestly, that's where all the fame and fortune is right now.
    I was very naive when I first got into bodybuilding. I knew about drugs but had no idea how many "average joe's" actually use them. I even hear of teenage girls using mild steroids to stay lean. Staying lean is one of the reasons for the drugs. When one is cutting for a show, muscle is always lost. With the use of certain drugs more muscle can be preserved. There are other factors like hardness and vascularity. As you know, it is very hard for a female to get down to a very low bf% and drugs can help to acheive levels of leanness that otherwise would be impossible.
    I am a natural competitor and have been able to get pretty lean but I know that I have my limits. I competed on the state level this year and lost to someone who used more drugs than your average 200lb male. That's the game that's played. Bodybuilding has turned into a drug game.

I have an aunt who also thinks I'll turn into a man because I bodybuild. I tried explaining to her that it's the drugs that do that not the sport.

jrwoodchuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree winny is some strong stuff... I got to try it I took one pill at the lowest dose and I got sick for 2 weeks... I felt like there was somethin going on with my throat after one pill so I stopped immediately and the weird feeling went away in 2 weeks. after that was a bad cold. not touching that stuff again..

This is a good example of how it affects all of us differently. I had no negative sides from 8 weeks of an ambitious dose of inj Winny. (the winny was legit)

Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Titania has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is a fantastic thread!!

That's true. Either play the game or don't play at all.
    Indeed. That's one of the reasons I have chosen NOT to compete in bodybuilding. Drugs are common in powerlifting too but they are not a pre-requisite to being competitive. I have done three comps so far since December 2004 and now have three trophies and an Australian record without the need for drugs. There is no way I personally could have achieved that in bodybuilding naturally.

Originally Posted by mommy*2*3
    Yes, it is possible to acheive the look of a figure competitor without the use of steroids. The problem occurs when one wants to compete, especially on the state and national level. You see, many bodybuilders are crossing over to figure competitions because they want to stay smaller and honestly, that's where all the fame and fortune is right now.
    I was very naive when I first got into bodybuilding. I knew about drugs but had no idea how many "average joe's" actually use them. I even hear of teenage girls using mild steroids to stay lean. Staying lean is one of the reasons for the drugs. When one is cutting for a show, muscle is always lost. With the use of certain drugs more muscle can be preserved. There are other factors like hardness and vascularity. As you know, it is very hard for a female to get down to a very low bf% and drugs can help to acheive levels of leanness that otherwise would be impossible.
    I am a natural competitor and have been able to get pretty lean but I know that I have my limits. I competed on the state level this year and lost to someone who used more drugs than your average 200lb male. That's the game that's played. Bodybuilding has turned into a drug game.

I have an aunt who also thinks I'll turn into a man because I bodybuild. I tried explaining to her that it's the drugs that do that not the sport.
    Great Post Mommy. It's a little scary to think that any teenagers use steroids let alone teenage girls.
    Retired strongwoman and powerlifter. Now living for God!
    www.ausdisciples.com

* My posts prior to Nov 2008 do not reflect my new-found faith in Christ. I became Christian in Nov 2008.

No More Guess-timates Ms. Highside's Avatar
    Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ms. Highside has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post. I tried to rep a few of you, but it won't let me because we agree on too much, I guess. **rolleyes**
    www.AOL scanner.com

"Cater to the Hollow" AngelOfMusic's Avatar
    AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50) AngelOfMusic will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Talking

hey my name is sara jane too... one name but no H, sorry its just not too common lol.

Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000) Figure8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dont feel sorry for them they do it because they want too. They dont have to do it or they can compete in natural organizations like the INBF.