Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oldsuperman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Angry Not good for me!

RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!

A man produces millions of sperm his whole life and is fertile most them, till death. A woman produces at the most 500 eggs, most one at a time. Just makes sense to stop one egg at a time then hundreds of swimmers.

Sorry ladies and God knows I luv the woman, yet for me and many of my buds, the big V was NOT a piece of cake. Some of them had to have it done twice because of FALURE. I had problems with mine and have had epididimitus off and on for years caused from the V.

Please ladies don't hate me for this, cause this is my experience and believe me I woulda loved it to have been different! ed
    CHECK OUT MY INTERVIEW WITH "SIMPLYSHREDDED"
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/ed-cook-interview.html

2009 Bodyspace Member of The Year!

http://www.********.com/group.php?gid=180967149598&v=info#/event.php?eid=264800703001&ref=nf

wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    I had problems with mine and have had epididimitus off and on for years caused from the V.
    Thanks for the extra warning that is a side effect I had not seen anyone report before - I have had epididymitis once before and it was brutal.

Even though I would rather donate a kidney than have the boys messed with, I would still rather get the big V than have my wife go under the knife.

And thanks everyone else for the different heal time reports. I'll let you all know how it goes (whether you want to hear about it or not )
    "Don't worry, you'll pass out before you die."

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."

mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000) mtxpert is just really nice. (+1000)
    My V went great and I've never had a problem but lifting was NOT an option for the 1st week as I could barely even shuffle to my desk Monday morning.
    Mike B 6'4" 42 yrs young
    I had the pain of regret for many years, I now proudly bear the pain of sacrifice

Registered User greenamphibious's Avatar
    greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what are you NUTS? lol

my wife has been nagging me to get snipped... screw that man! I had a hernia surgery performed and that is as close as anyone is getting to my sack with a knife. I am a proponet to the pionch and pull method!
    Always room for improvement!

Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by oldsuperman View Post
    RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!

A man produces millions of sperm his whole life and is fertile most them, till death. A woman produces at the most 500 eggs, most one at a time. Just makes sense to stop one egg at a time then hundreds of swimmers.

Sorry ladies and God knows I luv the woman, yet for me and many of my buds, the big V was NOT a piece of cake. Some of them had to have it done twice because of FALURE. I had problems with mine and have had epididimitus off and on for years caused from the V.

Please ladies don't hate me for this, cause this is my experience and believe me I woulda loved it to have been different! ed
    I too know the pain of recurring epididimitus - Holy SH!T that can be some painful stuff. one year I got it about 4 times, it has tappered off as they years pass. And I will fill a cup once a year to make sure there are no swimmers, just for peace of mind.

my reason for gettin clipped was this; she was on the pill for 15 years. that is a long time to be on any medication - I read studies that said prolonged use of the pill could have some adverse affects.

Also,taking one for the team scored me some points at home, but to tell you the truth; hearing the times when she missed a pill (rare but it happens over 15 years time) sacared the ever loving crap out of me!! I love my 2 kids dearly but I have no desire to have any more. this way, I take my baby making fate into my own hands. plus its just nice to spill at will and not have to worry

A

greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500) greenamphibious is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Epididymitis

just looked it up... and that sealed the deal... NO Fn way I am getting snipped!

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    guys.......even if the complications of this procedure do happen they are far less of a deal than say a woman using bc for over 10 years, having her tubes tied or for that matter the pain childbirth!

i honestly believe only a very selfish man would not do this minor procedure for the woman he claims to love.
    i'm a fatty now :(

Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000) Alex_RC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by someday View Post
    guys.......even if the complications of this procedure do happen they are far less of a deal than say a woman using bc for over 10 years, having her tubes tied or for that matter the pain childbirth!

i honestly believe only a very selfish man would not do this minor procedure for the woman he claims to love.
    I agree with your first statement. but I doubt many men would think of a vasectomy as "minor" I did it and actually talked a few freinds thru theirs but we were ALL concerned about it.

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Alex_RC View Post
    I agree with your first statement. but I doubt many men would think of a vasectomy as "minor" I did it and actually talked a few freinds thru theirs but we were ALL concerned about it.
    it is minor. it's usually done in a doctors office with a local. you don't even need to be put out and all you need for pain is a bad of frozen peas and some tylenol or advil.
    i'm a fatty now :(

scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000) scienceteacher is just really nice. (+1000)
    it is minor. it's usually done in a doctors office with a local. you don't even need to be put out and all you need for pain is a bad of frozen peas and some tylenol or advil.
    I'm with Someday on this one. Both me and the wife were fixed and hers was MUCH worse than mine. If I had to do it again she would not have been cut. Plus my wife is a little gullible, I told her I had to go in on empty......and she believed it.
    Last edited by scienceteacher; 12-11-2007 at 09:27 AM.
    I will see abs!

Sorry Someday but till you get a sack o nutz and have someone cut into em.... you ain't gonna convince me... BTW wife in not on BC and I would never ask her to go on it or get tied.

250orbust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 250orbust has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My V went great. It was one of the best things I've ever done. It's an outpatient procedure unlike what a woman would have to go through. But you won't want to lift for while. Take two full weeks off. Did you get that. TAKE TWO FULL WEEKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be stupid and try to get back in the gym any sooner. I'm gonna call your gym and and have your membership suspended for two weeks. It's for your own good. And yes, the swelling to grapefruit-size is normal. Yes, the pain is normal, but you're a lifter right? Heck, you might find it's just a slight discomfort.

STILL, NO LIFTING FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!

how many weeks? lol

LMAO what I'm trying to get at is... TO THE GUY - it is not a minor procedure! I know in the world of medical procedures it is a minor procedure. I had a vasectomy 6 or 7 years ago I know the mechanics.

Just saying that a scalple cutting into the boys is as about as frightnening as it gets to most guys. and as practicle as it is for the guy to do it - it is some scary stuff

Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000) Beklet is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by blopid View Post
    Why does he want one? This isn't something to take lightly... If he regrets it later it's not a sure fix... This is going to be my second reversal... The first one didn't work... :-(

Peace...
    Ah some people are just not meant to have kids - I'm one of them

Yeah I got sick of BC - and even over 17 years, pills are missed, medications interfere with it... even with the anaesthetic I'd say female sterilisation isn't too major - it's a day surgery - but I still had to lay off from the gym for a week (even though I went out partying the following night once my 24 hour alcohol ban was up!! )
    Misc Perv #65

My journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=116372031

biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50) biggaz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by wubby View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. Guess no squats for me next week either then huh?

I do of course plan to ask the Dr. Just wanted some different experiences. I tend to not trust the Dr's standard CYA responses related to working out. I have talked to some people who felt fine in 2 days - and then others who had horrible complications. The more feedback the better - just wanted to set an expectation baseline for myself.

Unfortunately I already took a week break around Thanksgiving. I did not plan to get around to the big cut until at least late January but they had a cancellation so I took the earlier appointment. I'll try to take as much time as I need, but I won't be happy about it

Oh, and we are ready and I don't expect any regrets. I have been married for 12 years to the most incredible woman on the planet and have two amazing little girls (5 and 7). My wife has been on birth control for 15 years - time for her to be freed from it.
    I was married for twelve years with a son and two daughters when I had mine done, I remember my mother saying "are you sure", Two years later I was divorced.

I'm with a woman now, ten years my junior, who desparately wants children, but I'm told a reversal isn.t likely to succeed due to time gap. (7 years now).
    Just saying....

I drove home from the hospital, not advised, went pricing jobs that afternoon but didn't work at all for three or four days. Put on a climbing harness, I think, six days later and went back to work. But a friend couldn,t climb a farm gate twelve months later, due to infections. All I'd say is take a break and start carefully, you'll know whats ok and whats not. Good luck.
    THERE AINT NO CAN'T......
    Micky, Rocky II

mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50) mic65frit will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up The X-box & frozen Peas...your best freind this w/e

Dude,

You will be part of the club after Friday...NBD, but, what ever you do...give them some rest and relaxation...kick your kids off the video games, control the clicker, watch the NFL on Sunday...kick back with your feet up and a couple of bags of frozen peas or corn and give the guys some love.

You might be able to move off the couch all weekend except to take a leak and drop a deuce...ask (don't tell) your wife that you are going to need extra love and TLC...she will need to bring you things...i.e. Food & water, the peas, you might need a good back and shoulder rub...to help ease the tension and the pain.

Then when the heal up get the toxins out often...that way you get extra "bullets" in the clip down range away from "fertile Mertyl"...you will be shooting blanks in no time.

Oh one other thing...when the doc is doing the procedure and says "oops" don't sweat it you won't feel a thing!

I remember when I got off the table there was a perfect silhouette of my upperbody in sweat on the paper on the Doc's table...I've never been so still in my entire life.

Good luck, break a leg!

Mike
    I thought "Eating Clean" was washing your hands before dinner...darn it! Wrong Again!
    Mike F
    Mid Michigan
    USA

muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50) muladesigns will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    had it done 6 years ago, was real sore the first day but felt fine within 48 hrs.
    I would recomend waiting a week just to make sure all is healed. you dont want anything to tear.
    PS a bag of frozen peas helps the swelling and pain (although a little swelling down there never hurts!)
    Going to the gym and lifting heavy weights is the easy part. Nutrition. now thats where the hard work starts.

FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50) FlyingIllini will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Take a week off. After I got mine it felt like I got kicked in the crotch for about three of four days.

wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50) wubby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by scienceteacher View Post
    Plus my wife is a little gullible, I told her I had to go in on empty......and she believed it.
    LOL - that is great. My wife already told me she expects a little before I go in and get put out of commission for a while.

Originally Posted by goldnspots View Post
    My V went great. It was one of the best things I've ever done. It's an outpatient procedure unlike what a woman would have to go through. But you won't want to lift for while. Take two full weeks off. Did you get that. TAKE TWO FULL WEEKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be stupid and try to get back in the gym any sooner. I'm gonna call your gym and and have your membership suspended for two weeks. It's for your own good. And yes, the swelling to grapefruit-size is normal. Yes, the pain is normal, but you're a lifter right? Heck, you might find it's just a slight discomfort.

STILL, NO LIFTING FOR TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!
    Yes sir! I don't worry too much about the physical pain, but two weeks w/o working out? The mental anguish will kill me.

Originally Posted by Alex_RC View Post
    Just saying that a scalple cutting into the boys is as about as frightnening as it gets to most guys. and as practicle as it is for the guy to do it - it is some scary stuff
    Yep, I would rather have a scalpel put to any other part of my body ... at least it will be over quick - then comes the hard part of being a couch potato.

Originally Posted by biggaz View Post
    I was married for twelve years with a son and two daughters when I had mine done, I remember my mother saying "are you sure", Two years later I was divorced.

I'm with a woman now, ten years my junior, who desparately wants children, but I'm told a reversal isn.t likely to succeed due to time gap. (7 years now).
    Just saying....
    I understand that there is always a chance of things changing in our lives - but there is nothing in my life that I am more confident in than my relationship with my wife.

Originally Posted by mic65frit View Post
    You will be part of the club after Friday...NBD, but, what ever you do...give them some rest and relaxation...kick your kids off the video games, control the clicker, watch the NFL on Sunday...kick back with your feet up and a couple of bags of frozen peas or corn and give the guys some love.
    Yep - told the wife I am spending the w/e with Lara Croft (just bought Tomb Raider and it's my wife I have to kick off the XBox)

Originally Posted by FlyingIllini View Post
    Take a week off. After I got mine it felt like I got kicked in the crotch for about three of four days.
    Uggggghhhh - just reading that gave me that dreaded nausea you get after getting kicked in the nads.

Thanks again to all for the feedback.

"Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not. When you race him, he will win."

Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000) Whiskeyjack is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even though I would rather donate a kidney than have the boys messed with, I would still rather get the big V than have my wife go under the knife.
    My sentiments exactly. I got mine done at 37 and it was a wise decision and good for us both.

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
    My sentiments exactly. I got mine done at 37 and it was a wise decision and good for us both.
    x100000000

-strong not selfish husband ... former pornstar
    Cha Cha Cha

OK, I promised an update after the slice and dice...

For those of you who have not had it done. Yes, it hurts like hell when they give you the local. I don't think it was quite as bad as I expected, but there was more stabbing and burning than I expected so the bad part was not over as quick as I expected. I'd give you more details, but thinking about it still gives me the willies.

The rest of the day Friday I was pretty sore and then Saturday was not so bad. I am doing pretty good today. I do feel like I could workout tomorrow. Maybe not with much intensity, but a light workout. That said, I am not going to - I'll be a good little patient and sit on my ass some more.

I think the worst part of it was that I had a very good squat day the day before the procedure. My legs were killing me Friday and Saturday, and having to sit in one place all day w/o walking around made them cramp up pretty severely.

All in all - not as bad of an experience as I expected. Got to tell the wife when I got home that the sooner we flush the system, the sooner she can go off the pill

Currently Clean Bulking Shreddedgeek's Avatar
    Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100) Shreddedgeek is not very well liked. (-100)
    Happy to hear wubby's alright

Give yourself the extra time to heal up... Just think about the reference to grapefruits...ouch....
    Squat it does a body good!

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exclamation

My doc said 2 WEEKS. I guarantee you this, if you do anything more than go to the bathroom over the weekend you'll be sorryyy!!! Next month will mark the 5 year anniversary of my vasectomy, no regrets at all. Ice for the first 72 hours, 20 mins on, 20 mins off while awake and whenever you need it for the next week or so.

St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10) St. Nicholas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey man - glad everything has gone well for you and the boys. Hope you continue to progress well - I've had surgery and flet great on Day three following surgery - day four was aweful and day 5 almost had to be readmitted - no matter how well you feel - do as the doctor says - maybe you should get a good book and exercise your mind - haha - that way you won't feel like you having had a good workout.

"Charlie don't surf!" crazycelt's Avatar
    crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000) crazycelt is just really nice. (+1000)
    OK, I promised an update after the slice and dice...

For those of you who have not had it done. Yes, it hurts like hell when they give you the local. I don't think it was quite as bad as I expected, but there was more stabbing and burning than I expected so the bad part was not over as quick as I expected. I'd give you more details, but thinking about it still gives me the willies.

The rest of the day Friday I was pretty sore and then Saturday was not so bad. I am doing pretty good today. I do feel like I could workout tomorrow. Maybe not with much intensity, but a light workout. That said, I am not going to - I'll be a good little patient and sit on my ass some more.

I think the worst part of it was that I had a very good squat day the day before the procedure. My legs were killing me Friday and Saturday, and having to sit in one place all day w/o walking around made them cramp up pretty severely.

All in all - not as bad of an experience as I expected. Got to tell the wife when I got home that the sooner we flush the system, the sooner she can go off the pill
    Been there, done that. Glad to hear it went well.....you'll be "up and around" in no time!!!
    Last edited by crazycelt; 12-17-2007 at 04:37 AM.
    "Perhaps I am stronger than I think."
    -Thomas Merton

CrazyFult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wait...healing in 2 weeks is not a guarantee.

Don't do it!! Wait until you get the green light from the doctor. You never know what can happen...healing in a week or two is not a guarantee. Mine got infected and swelled up as large and a tennis ball...no joking. I had a reaction to the internal stitches! Only happens to 5% but you never know. I'll spare you the gross details but...it is better to wait and be sure that to complicate anything.
    CrazyFult

I'm a real person!! abcreations's Avatar
    abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50) abcreations will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    O please wait for awhile before you lift or run. Trust me, my husband wasn't doing much of anything till two weeks later. And I mean ANYTHING!!!!

I never did provide a long term update, so here it is:

I took one week off from lifting. The second week I did light weight workouts. By the third week I was lifting like normal. I waited 4 weeks to run again - it took about that long before things were not still "sensitive".

Waited one week before the first trial run with the wife... needless to say I was more motivated to try that than to try lifting ...

Next week is the 6 week point and I have to get a swimmer count to see if it worked. I know TMI ... deal with it