thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10)

shoulders too far forward?

i went to the sports doc today and he said my shoulders were too far forward? and that i've been neglecting the front of my shoulders and that has led to my muscles been left vulnerable to injury. i can't read his writing (as most doctors) but he recommended physio (pretty cheap at school) and it says something about infrospn tendonitis. can't read it at all. but is the physio worth it? i don't feel any pain any more but thats how i felt last week and i ended up going back and it was killing the next morning again.

SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10) SpecTheIntro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say go back to the doctor and get him to explain what he means to you. Generally the shoulders being too far forward is from a combination of poor posture and a lack of solid back training. But if you don't understand what he's advising then you should call him and ask again. None of us can diagnose a problem like this over the internet--and I would conjecture that very, very few of us have the credentials to do so in person.

JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000) JC-orginalbdass is just really nice. (+1000)
    yeah, poor back and rear deltoid work. But go see your doctor again if you don't understand.

thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10) thanatoski is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JC-orginalbdass
    yeah, poor back and rear deltoid work. But go see your doctor again if you don't understand.
    k cool. thanks for both replies. yea he did mention my back being a cause. word, i thought i hit it pretty well.

Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sloandy73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by harval
    k cool. thanks for both replies. yea he did mention my back being a cause. word, i thought i hit it pretty well.
    There are many different parts to the back. There is the cervial, thoracic, lumbar region. It depends on which area of your back is the area of greatest restriction. If you have a restriction because of muslce tightness you have to work on that first. Have him pinpoint this area and focus on stretching out this area to get it back in proper alignment. Once your muscles are stretched back into the appropriate length you are read to strengthen them. Trying to make the back muscles stronger before you restrore your normal alignment will just enhance your poor posture.

Lookin at the Big Picture BernieD's Avatar
    BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BernieD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by harval
    i went to the sports doc today and he said my shoulders were too far forward? and that i've been neglecting the front of my shoulders and that has led to my muscles been left vulnerable to injury. i can't read his writing (as most doctors) but he recommended physio (pretty cheap at school) and it says something about infrospn tendonitis. can't read it at all. but is the physio worth it? i don't feel any pain any more but thats how i felt last week and i ended up going back and it was killing the next morning again.

neglecting your front delts? What'd you mean? Usually the delts too far forward comes from doing TOO much front delt work haha.

Definitely go to the physio.

As for exercises, which they may tell you anyway, train your rear delts and upper back more.

For rear delts...face pulls (elbows out) or bent over lateral raise

For upper back...face pulls as well (elbows in), any type of row etc, mid-back shrug
    The complete shoulder and RC injury thread, written by myself:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968 (MASSIVE NEW UPDATE AS OF 10/6/05)

Form is paramount.

Focus, focus, focus.