Edge.Crusher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Could you do ALL of your workout on one day a week?

Say if I bought a Bowflex, could I do all exercises on Saturday and still get an effective workout? I would still have a week of recovery for each mucle right?

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You could, but 1/4 through your workout you would probably run out of energy and lack the focus/intensity to really blast the remaining muscles, which is why most people split up their workouts into several days.

Very good point, I could split it up into three different days instead, Tuesday- Shouldes/Legs, Friday-Chest/Tri's, Saturday- Bi's/Back. Those would be the only days I could workout if I had a home gym.

BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    and before you buy a bowflex i would suggest you get some feedback from some that have actually used one...for the price you could pay for a gym membership for a couple of years,,,and have proper equipt.....dont buy into the comercial hype

I used one today, it was sweet as hell.

Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yah but it don't build muscle the same way, it might get you toned but as far as building serious muscle nothing beats the free weights... come on 20 minutes 3x a week for six weeks?? BS that's only an hour of working out a week for a month and a half. save money get a weight set, a power rack and an adjustable bench. you'll even have enough money to buy a buttload of supps

guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) guitarguy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I agree with Bull and Flipexed. I'm making guesses here, because I've never actually used a bowflex before, but think about this...you never see a guy who is huge and totally ripped who attributes his success to the bowflex. I've never met any serious bodybuilder who actually used one. Most guys goto the gym, simply because it works, and it will for you too if you follow the proper methods. If you actually know someone who has gotten huge/strong on the bowflex, then go ahead and buy one, but I've never seen anyone who took it seriously. Bowflex is also a cable-type machine. One thing I can tell you without a doubt is that freeweights will pack on the mass and strength faster than anything else, and that includes the bowflex cable system. I'd save your money and put it toward a gym membership.

Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipexed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yah i have used on b4, and the best its for would if you wanted to do some killer flies but other than that you can't really concentrate all the weight and attention on your pecs coz of all the stabilizing muscles that are involved

GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Having to use stabalizers is a GOOD THING! If you don't do exercises that force you to develop the stabalizing muscles you are just asking for an injury. I have a Bowflex...and it is a pretty good machine. Although I would only recommend buying one on one condition. If you either can't go to or hate going to a gym AND you have limited space in your house for a freeweithg home gym. When I bought mine that was the reason. I didn't have room for freeweights where I was living at the time so I bought the Bowflex. I personally hate going to the gym because I waste too much time waiting to use equipment. Right now I have a lot more room in my basement than I had in my old house, so I am thinking of getting rid of the Bowflex and getting a power rack, bench, olympic weight set and some dumbells. Although I am in now way a huge person I believe that you could get huge (or as big as your genetics will allow) using a bowflex. Hop on one and put the max of 310lb. (or 410lb. if it has the extra rods) and see if you can bench it! I'm sure some people can but I'm willing to bet that the only ones who can are HUGE!

marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250) marjoh has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I KNOW you didn't expect to get any support for Bowflex on a bodybuilding.com forum... right?

In any event, there are now machines (less expensive than Bowflex) that have devices which force you to use ancillary (aka stablizing) muscles in your lifts. I've been shopping for one for my wife. The first one that comes to mind is the Hoist series (Copeland's Sports, OmniFitness, etc). Base model goes for about $1,295, far less than the Bowflex.

http://www.advancedfitness.com/equip/hoist.htm
    (notice the independent bars on the 300 and 310 series.. they mimic dumbell movements)

Put 150 lbs resistance on a Bowflex machine and then put the same amount of weight on one of these Hoist machines. You'll find the Hoist is far more difficult to lift the 150 lbs because you have to use your left and right arms independently of one another. The comment about asking for an injury is not out of line at all as the ancillary muscles play a MAJOR role in supporting major muscle groups and machines like Bowflex and others only promot major muscle group development.

All of the above withstanding, I think Bowflex has it's place. it is perfectly suitable for old people, people looking for light resistance exercises to accompany a fat-loss aerobic routine and even for those rehab'g some injuries (Bowflex are showing up at rehab clinics now).

BUT.. BUT ... BUT... the thing is FAR TOO EXPENSIVE and if you talk to guys between the ages of 25 and 45 who bought it, you will find they either returned it or sold it because they found it not suitable for a MAN'S workout.

GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GDI is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Put 150 lbs resistance on a Bowflex machine and then put the same amount of weight on one of these Hoist machines. You'll find the Hoist is far more difficult to lift the 150 lbs because you have to use your left and right arms independently of one another.
    What do you mean??? The Bowflex is independent on left and right sides as well. And it is very capible of a "mans" workout. And if I remember correctly I paid about $1200 for my Bowflex, which is no more than the machine you propose purchasing. But don't misunderstand me.....I would still recommend freeweights over a Bowflex any day!

$1200!? HOLY ****, get a gym membership for 10 years, thats a way better deal no matter how you look at it.